Dr Gur 3000 grafts FUE 7/13/2023

10 hours ago, Gatsby said:

@Recedingnomore I really love the hairline and softness of the work. A great result already on my book. This hair style suits you well. 👌

Wow. Means so much to hear that from you. You’re one of the GOATs 🐐, so to get that response from you means a lot. Thank you! 

• Thanks 1

Thanks to all who have responded. It means a lot to hear the feedback. The (mostly) good and the bad. I have been jealous of a lot of you all over the last couple of years and finally joined the club of successful HTs. We’ve beaten our genetics. I’m ecstatic with my results and can’t wait to see the next density wave come in. I will continue to update and answer any questions I receive. 

thanks again to the community!

• Like 1

• Administrators
22 hours ago, Recedingnomore said:

245th day mark which is almost 8 months exactly. There are three groups of pictures below. I got my hair cut today, one group is in the public bathroom with dry hair and harsh light, second group is after applying my nightly minox so it looks wet in the harsh lighting of my bathroom, and the last group is dry in my bed with more forgiving lighting. 

I wish I had more density and wish the angulation was better. But with some styling pomade I can get an almost natural look. I’m super critical of myself and I am sure no one else can tell. 

Anyway, still, overall I am very happy with the outcome and would still go this route again if given the chance to. I have not told anyone close to me that I got it done and no one has asked. My parents, close friends, girls I’ve dated… no one knows. So if they can’t figure it out then I will take it as a good sign. 

I hope to get that 8 month second wave that most people get their density from. I have very thin hair so I believe this is the best I am going to get with my type of hair. I wish I was able to stay on oral fin but topical will have to do for now. 

IMG_7236.jpeg

IMG_7264.jpeg

IMG_7263.jpeg

IMG_7262.jpeg

IMG_7260.jpeg

IMG_7259.jpeg

IMG_7268.jpeg

IMG_7244.jpeg

IMG_7242.jpeg

IMG_7239.jpeg

IMG_7267.jpeg

Wow this is a home run 👏🏼👏🏼

• Thanks 1

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

On 3/14/2024 at 11:04 PM, Melvin- Admin said:

Wow this is a home run 👏🏼👏🏼

Thanks so much! It means a lot hearing that from you considering your posts have guided me a lot along the way. 

I will post clearer pics in the next coming days as I was away when I posted that and didn’t have access to my bathroom with the good lighting. 

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

POD 305 here. Which means I’m about ten months out. Some of the pics uploaded are after shower and wet, some are after haircut and groomed, one is after the pool and me lounging on the chair in the sun. All of the pics have been taken within the last two weeks.

As you can see in on of the pics, there is still some thinness on my right frontal-temple area which I can hide decently well with some good style. But everytime I get a haircut and cut the hair short a little bit it is harder to hide. 

Never have I ever had anyone who didn’t know about my HT approach me and ask me about it. Never have I been “called out” about it in public. So far, the Ht has been unnoticeable to the general public and the nitpicking I do are things I can hide decently well. I may consider another Ht in the future to get more density but for now I am very happy with the outcome and happy with what I see in the mirror. 

IMG_8466.jpeg

IMG_8464.jpeg

IMG_8462.jpeg

IMG_8461.jpeg

IMG_8460.jpeg

IMG_8459.jpeg

IMG_8458.jpeg

IMG_8455.jpeg

• Like 5

On 3/26/2024 at 1:57 PM, romperstomper29 said:

Hey man great write up. I'd just like to say "you motherfu*cker"😄. Couldn't stop smiling as I seen your results improve with each update. Delighted for you man. Enjoy.

Thank you so much! Love your enthusiasm and love how much joy you get out of other peoples success. Keep doing you! Never change. 

Thanks man, you have to be happy for others. I lived your situation back some years ago and remember how exhilarating it was when the hair started to come in. Check out my HT thread we had similar hairstyles post HT. I have serious hair envy here looking at yours 😀

• Thanks 1

Oh just to add there will be some areas where you yourself see weaknesses but largely the general public would not notice these things. People forget that nobody analyses hair they way thinning, transplant seeking, minoxidil splashing, fin popping, MPB riddled men do. We see so much more than the average person. 

• Thanks 1

15 hours ago, Gatsby said:

@Recedingnomore this is one of the most natural results that I have ever seen! Congratulations. 🍾🎈🎊 

Thank you so much. Means so much to hear that from you. 

16 hours ago, romperstomper29 said:

Thanks man, you have to be happy for others. I lived your situation back some years ago and remember how exhilarating it was when the hair started to come in. Check out my HT thread we had similar hairstyles post HT. I have serious hair envy here looking at yours 😀

Your hair looks great! I’m so happy for you. How much improvement did you see after 12 months; Did the improvement essentially stop or was there some?

I wasnt on finasteride so I continued to lose my native hair so after about 2years post HT it was starting to look very thin. The transplanted hair was perfect but what I had around it started to disappear. I went down the SMP route which looked great for me. Funnily enough 6months ago I discovered topical finasteride and have been on it for 6months and there is something of a comeback on 🤞 to answer your question yes your hair should continue to improve for another few months yet.

• Thanks 1

• Moderators

This turned out very nice. It didn't really change your appearance, but it did enhance it a lot. I would imagine that's why nobody has really noticed or questioned you about it. They probably think you just been looking really good lately.

• Thanks 1

Al

Forum Moderator

(formerly BeHappy)

I am a forum moderator for hairrestorationnetwork.com. I am not a Dr. and I do not work for any particular Dr. My opinions are my own and may not reflect the opinions of other moderators or the owner of this site. I am also a hair transplant patient and repair patient. You can view some of my repair journey here.

7 hours ago, Al - Moderator said:

This turned out very nice. It didn't really change your appearance, but it did enhance it a lot. I would imagine that's why nobody has really noticed or questioned you about it. They probably think you just been looking really good lately.

Thank you! That was the look I was going for. I didn’t want to get my hairline from 20 years ago. I wanted to go conservative and match what my hairline was up until pretty recently. So, enhancing my look was exactly what I was looking for. 

15 hours ago, Miller1980 said:

wow thats an awesome result by Dr gur..one of the most natural hairlines i have ever seen! 👌

Thank you so much. It means so much to hear that. Getting a HT fills you with so much anxiety and fear that it will be noticeable to everyone. Luckily, I was blessed with a natural result and hearing that from you makes me happy. 

• Like 1