Dr Gur 3000 grafts FUE 7/13/2023

Good evening from Turkey. I am a long time stalker but first time poster. I am a 40yo male from the USA and have been with a receding hairline for the past 15 years.

Minoxidil kept my hairline as well as possible over the last 15 years; especially in comparison to my brother. Please see the attached photos to get an idea of how bad my hairline was, NW3.

DD21F84C-819F-407C-894E-4013A7940546.thumb.jpeg.d5fbe1d689a22eb11e724f62ede36f04.jpeg1FF5D802-647F-4629-AD8F-B3E088C06960.thumb.jpeg.40cc25021c23026460ed5ffcfa72e4da.jpegB35955C4-1721-47F8-AFB6-3F7124E8A0EB.thumb.jpeg.18cb8a8f53925d233a94e90186b0596c.jpegFC4B3576-4FF9-465A-814E-A0EF8B70F48A.thumb.jpeg.b614757e8f03d4e17ce31245c1891acd.jpeg2B856760-09A8-4F42-BE55-8BD4057BE4E4.thumb.jpeg.b6ba97fe7452107c2a385e15d9f0196c.jpeg045ADE8F-2CB6-44D9-AECE-ED141F1E7D2B.thumb.jpeg.19b03a2f76d5e87d7deca019a72d7002.jpegIMG_2779.thumb.jpeg.736bb9a37c86b11b7abe611513b4734a.jpeg

Anyway, after much research on HRN and reddit I decided on Dr Gur. The price was right (€1.5 per graft) and the experience/reviews were all what I was looking for. I am currently post op day 1.

Dr Gur said I had average donar area but with lots of real estate and many hairs coming out of each follicle. I had 400 single follicles lining my hairline and the rest of the multiple follicles making up the crown for a 2.3 follicle ratio. 3000 grafts in total.

Dr Gur was very conservative with the hairline and recommended I might need another one in the future for my crown. He believes I have 3000 more grafts from my donor area.

Overall, the experience was good. The clinic was clean, staff was pleasant, and Dr Gur was nice. Admittedly, the Xanax knocked me out and I don't remember much of the procedure (that's a good thing). I paid for the VIP package and had Dr Gur do the extractions, and channeling. The staff plucked the grafts out from the extraction holes and placed the grafts (after sorting) in the channels Dr Gur created. I was the only procedure that day. All in all, it was a 9 hour day.

I will continue to post updates and answer any questions you may have.

What do you guys think? How is the density? Is 400 single follicles enough for my hairline?

Thanks for listening :)

IMG_3272.thumb.jpeg.0d2ab67b5058a339e6c5a4bb8533bd94.jpegIMG_3293.thumb.jpeg.a551526b520bf467217ff72b7408b45a.jpegIMG_3287.thumb.jpeg.305ea0767d19bd943b24424867968896.jpeg

IMG_3268.jpeg

Edited by Recedingnomore

• Recedingnomore changed the title to Dr Gur 3000 grafts FUE 7/13/2023
  • Administrators

Dr. Gür is an awesome doctor, really excited to see how this turns out. I think it will be like @RicoRavage

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

• Valued Contributor

@Recedingnomore work is looking clean and good that he went for a bit of conservative approach which is needed in your case...his results are good and he is great value for money pick....Happy growing and keep updating ...

@BaldGuy his non vip package is i think flat 3k euros for around 3k grafts..in non vip package the accommodation and transportation is free and in vip package which is 1.5 euros per graft you have to pay 250 euros extra for accommodation and transportation 

• Like 1

Check Out My Hair Transplant Journey

--> My Thread

3611 FUE Grafts With Dr Kongkiat Laorwong | Norwood 5 | 2nd May 2023 

7 hours ago, A_4_Archan said:

@BaldGuy his non vip package is i think flat 3k euros for around 3k grafts..in non vip package the accommodation and transportation is free and in vip package which is 1.5 euros per graft you have to pay 250 euros extra for accommodation and transportation 

Really a tremendous bargain for his quality of work.  Gur will be high on my list for whenever I decide to get my 2nd HT

Edited by GoliGoliGoli
  • Like 1

Hey y’all. Thanks for the encouragement and kind words. So, I’m POD#4 and the swelling peaked yesterday. Unfortunately, I was out and about yesterday so I didn’t get any good pictures of the swelling but it got decently bad. +1 pitting edema on my for head and temples. I had a head band on and kept my head elevated when I slept. I avoided salty foods and drank plenty of water. I did have a beer with dinner (Turkish beer is terrible btw).  Thanks lord, the swelling went down today and it’s manageable now. Still swollen but not too bad.

Doner area looks great. Redness almost all gone and some irritation when rubbed the wrong way. 

Anyway, here are the pictures from today after my shower. I can’t wait till day ten to massage these scabs out! And I can wait to see what the final product is going to look like!!

I asked a question in my OP which hasn’t been touched up on… Dr Gur used 400 single follicles to make up my hair line. Is that enough to avoid my hairline looking pluggy?

Thanks again y’all! 

IMG_3512.jpeg

IMG_3510.jpeg

IMG_3496.jpeg

• 2 weeks later...

Hey y’all. I’m POD#14 now. Scabs have all fallen out and I am starting to enter the ugly duckling phase. The temples have started losing hair and getting thinner. The crown is getting thinner, even in places where there was no transplanted grafts (shock hair loss). On day eight or nine I have noticed some grafts come out when massaging the scabs off (picture below).

The top of my head is numb which is a new sensation since the procedure. I did my research about the numbness and found it is a normal process that should self resolve in weeks to months.

The post op messaging and care from the Gur team hasn’t been optimal. I didn’t hear from them for over a week and randomly heard from them asking for pictures.

I am happy with the way my donor area has looked. The donor area is a little red but for the most part it has been unnoticeable. The back of my head is still painful when rubbed a little bit so I stay away from touching it. 

Having a stronger hairline has given me confidence to walk around without a hat and show off my head even with a buzzcut. Confidence is higher than it’s been in a while. A couple of my girlfriends have told me I look great with a buzzcut and should keep it that way. I can’t believe I spent close to 5k to find out I should’ve been shaving my head anyway. Lol. I dread entering the ugly duckling phase and pray to the hair gods that this phase is fast and minor. Any tips to minimize this phase?

Thanks for the support!

IMG_4220.jpeg

IMG_4219.jpeg

IMG_4218.jpeg

IMG_4212.jpeg

IMG_4214.jpeg

IMG_4217.jpeg

IMG_4211.jpeg

IMG_4210.jpeg

IMG_3700.jpeg

• 2 weeks later...

Hey yall. I am 28 days post op and officially in the ugly duckling stage. All the graft hair has falling out and there is still considerable redness going on at the recipient area. The donor area is healing up okay but there is a noticeable amount of shock hair loss leading to very patchy areas of hair loss. I have followed all the instructions from Dr Gur to the tee but even still have been hit hard by the ugly duckling stage. With that being said, I know it is all part of the plan and hope that, for me, this stage is short lived. 

Today I got my first haircut and got a 1 fade on the sides and left the top the way it is. Luckily I’m able to cover my head at work otherwise I’d be very uncomfortable and self conscious at work. 

I continue taking oral fin and topical fin/min. My vitamins continue to be taken daily. Luckily, I have not really noticed any side effects from the fin. 

Dr Gurs team hasn’t been very active with me post op but I haven’t really been sending them many questions or have any pressing concerns. I researched this process thoroughly so I already have all the question I really needed from this community. I have not received my procedure report from them yet and as soon as I do I will upload it here and update you all. 

Thanks for all of your support :)

IMG_4698.jpeg

IMG_4697.jpeg

IMG_4695.jpeg

IMG_4693.jpeg

IMG_4692.jpeg

IMG_4690.jpeg

IMG_4691.jpeg

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Hey guys. This is two days earlier than my 8 week update. Slow going’s here. Still in ugly duckling phase and still with redness. Bunch of patchiness from the shock loss in my donor area. There’s still a pretty big circle on the back right of my head which I’m pretty certain will rebound in a couple month.

I’m still using oral fin with topical min/fin everyday. I have a date on Saturday and I’m worried about the excuse I’m going to have to concoct or why I’m wearing a hat. 

Hoping to have better results by my next update. Dr Gurs office hasn’t given me the report yet which is frustrating because it was supposed to be done 3-5 weeks post procedure. 

Im starting to get some pimples at the hair line which is encouraging bc I believe this means hairs should be popping out soon. Donor area is tender sometimes with some pimples here and there but overall not too bad. 

Anyway, here are the pics and please comment on what your thoughts are. Thanks. 

IMG_4924.jpeg

IMG_4922.jpeg

IMG_4923.jpeg

IMG_4942.jpeg

IMG_4945.jpeg

IMG_4946.jpeg

IMG_4941.jpeg

• 1 month later...

Hello y’all. I am now 12 weeks post op. Finally seeing some results.

The donor area has recovered from shock loss and is only mildly patchy. I expect the minimal patchiness I have right now to resolve with some time. As compared to my previous posts, the big bald spot in the back right and left temple have resolved. 

The transplanted area is starting to show some growth. Immature hairs and very thin on the density but I’m happy with what’s growing for now. As of two weeks ago I had nothing growing and finally these immature thin hairs are start to come through. This whole ugly duckling phase has definitely messed with my confidence a little but seeing hairs come in has got me excited for the next couple of months. 

Still on the topical min and finesteride both oral and topical. Finesteride has definitely decreased my sex drive a little bit but my partner hasn’t noticed so it hasn’t affected her. But I can tell I’m not as preoccupied with sex nearly as much. My erections have only given me a problem once but we’re all allowed a bad night every once in a while and u don’t know if I would chalk it up to the medicine. 

Communication with Dr Gurs office has ceased. Haven’t heard from them in about six weeks and when I inquired about my report they gave me the run around still. It has been three months since the procedure and still no report. I was initially told it would take 3 weeks. Do with that information as you wish. 

Got a haircut today and the barber seems to think the donor area looks all cleared up with no redness anymore but my hairline is still red. He agreed that everything is looking good and on schedule. What do you guys think? 

All in all, I’m starting to feel a little more confident in my decision to do this and I’m really excited to see further results. 

IMG_5235.jpeg

IMG_5234.jpeg

IMG_5233.jpeg

IMG_5232.jpeg

IMG_5228.jpeg

IMG_5220.jpeg

IMG_5216.jpeg

• 2 weeks later...

Hey y’all. Day 100 post op here. Finally got some growth and I can finally see a hairline! Starting to feel confident enough to maybe stop wearing a hat everywhere. Pictures attached below. 

Dr Gurs office finally sent me the report 99 days post op and it will be attached below. I had a thin donor region and have 6000 possible grafts at my donor area. Here are the highlights:

3000 total grafts

400 single (all transplanted to hairline)

1286 double

2314 triples and quadruples 

2.3 hair

IMG_5401.jpeg

IMG_5395.jpeg

IMG_5422.jpeg

• 4 weeks later...

Hey peeps. I’m a week past four months (123 days to be exact) and wanted to give a quick update. Hair is definitely getting thicker and nobody could tell at my 20th high school reunion that I had a procedure. It is still thin in the areas I transplanted but it looks like it’s thin due to me receding which is an improvement over what I had five months ago. Anyway, I’m really excited what density I will get in the next couple months and hope it gets much thicker. 

I had to stop oral finasteride due to side effects. Not just sexual but also mental. I’ve had a very stressful and emotional six months and the finasteride was definitely contributing to my symptoms. Anyway, I am taking the topical fin/min and hope stopping the oral fin doesn’t affect my progress. I will re-explore oral finasteride at a later date when I feel more settled in my personal life. 

Dr Gurs office reached out to me last week and asked for pictures and an update. They said everything looks to be on track and they are pleased with the results so far. They told me to expect my hair to get thicker and more mature over the next couple of months. They understand me stopping the oral finasteride and encourage the topical fin/min. 

Overall, so far, I am happy with my results. I do know I will see much more and I am excited to see what the future brings. I will try and update monthly from here on out. 

IMG_5286.jpeg

IMG_5284.jpeg

IMG_5283.jpeg

IMG_5280.jpeg

• Like 1

"I had to stop oral finasteride due to side effects. Not just sexual but also mental. I’ve had a very stressful and emotional six months and the finasteride was definitely contributing to my symptoms."

What mental side effects? I'm  weeks in and feeling a bit depressed. Not sure if this is specific to my circumstances, the ugly duckling phase, or maybe medication...ie oral minox 

That looks really good! I'm 3 months behind you and about to enter the Ugly duckling phase Im sure anytime. It is the price we pay for being bald and coming back but often times the journey is part of the joy of the result! Congratulations!!!!

20 hours ago, Cospine said:

What mental side effects? I'm  weeks in and feeling a bit depressed. Not sure if this is specific to my circumstances, the ugly duckling phase, or maybe medication...ie oral minox 

I got side effects from the finasteride. I was going through some hard personal times and found it was making my depression and anxiety worse. Looking in the mirror and seeing the ugly duckling didn’t help. Confidence was at an all time low. I never had any mental health issues in the past so this was a new experience for me. I’m almost forty so to start feeling this way at forty is something abnormal unless it was side effects. Decreasing testosterone counts can certainly cause these side effects. I tried lowering the dose to 1mg every other day but even after a month these symptoms persisted. Sure enough, two weeks after stopping taking the medication my side effects subsided despite my personal issues persisting. I feel so much better now that I’m off of it. Also, the sexual side effects were adding to the overall problem as well. Anyway, I will try it again at some point in the future but for now I refuse. So, topical fin/min for me until then. 

@OleBaldy thanks brotha! Can’t wait to see your progress pics. Keep your head up; brighter days are ahead. 

Edited by Recedingnomore