𝐄𝐮𝐠𝐞𝐧𝐢𝐱 | 𝐃𝐫. 𝐒𝐨𝐦𝐞𝐬𝐡 | 𝟏𝟖𝟎𝟑 𝐆𝐫𝐚𝐟𝐭𝐬 | 𝟏𝟎𝐭𝐡 𝐉𝐮𝐧𝐞, 𝟐𝟎𝟐𝟑 | 𝐁𝐚𝐝 𝐇𝐚𝐢𝐫 𝐓𝐫𝐚𝐧𝐬𝐩𝐥𝐚𝐧𝐭 𝐑𝐞𝐩𝐚𝐢𝐫𝐞𝐝 𝗕𝘆 𝗘𝘂𝗴𝗲𝗻𝗶𝘅

Nice. Congrats. I also got it done at Eugenis by dr Somesh. I got a really bad HT which needs a repair anyway. Massive thinning and almost failed HT.

Btw are you on oral minoxidil? what's your dose?

@shadow_god I'm taking 2.5mg Oral minoxidil from the last nine months. I'll be switching to topical finasteride & minoxidil solution very soon and obverse how it responds. Depending on the outcome, I might return back to the oral minoxidil. 

I saw your updates, being a repair patient I completely understand your concerns. Shedding can be due to topical minoxidil. My suggestion would be wait till 12-13 months, because your result can turn around completely. Meanwhile you should visit the clinic and have a consultation.

13 hours ago, shadow_god said:

Nice. Congrats. I also got it done at Eugenis by dr Somesh. I got a really bad HT which needs a repair anyway. Massive thinning and almost failed HT.

Btw are you on oral minoxidil? what's your dose?

Wait, the HT from Eugenix failed ?

On 3/21/2024 at 1:46 PM, bigmistake said:

Wait, the HT from Eugenix failed ?

If you are surprised then go through my post. They are just doing good marketing, their technicians are more or less uneducated villagers, who do a terribly mark. Sadly they only post some good results while ignore lot of HT results. They operate 20+  or far more on single day in Gurgaon clinic.

On 3/21/2024 at 4:16 AM, Shadman said:

@shadow_god I'm taking 2.5mg Oral minoxidil from the last nine months. I'll be switching to topical finasteride & minoxidil solution very soon and obverse how it responds. Depending on the outcome, I might return back to the oral minoxidil. 

I saw your updates, being a repair patient I completely understand your concerns. Shedding can be due to topical minoxidil. My suggestion would be wait till 12-13 months, because your result can turn around completely. Meanwhile you should visit the clinic and have a consultation.

I visited their Mumbai clinic and have started 2.5mg oral Minoxidil for past 2 weeks, and still continuing topical minox once at night. I am trying to be patient. Let's see

Posted (edited)
7 hours ago, shadow_god said:

If you are surprised then go through my post. They are just doing good marketing, their technicians are more or less uneducated villagers, who do a terribly mark. Sadly they only post some good results while ignore lot of HT results. They operate 20+  or far more on single day in Gurgaon clinic.

You need to update with latest pics and you need to wait for 12 whole months, in February I think it was seven months so it should be in July. I think you will get much better growth in July.

You also mentioned that technicians are from Odisha, that is Dr Pradeep's home state, and the technicians are probably from his village, thus since they are from his village seasoned technicians stick with the clinic rather than get training and get a job elsewhere. 

I also had a transplant in India where the doctor himself did the extractions but he did a very poor job. Eugenix's technicians are far superior to most doctors in India. You also mentioned that you are shedding roughly 500 hairs, hair shedding is normal and healthy hair shed, that is their cycle. 

Again post recent pictures and wait for 12 months. You also have enough donor hair and donor management from Eugenix looks good. So in case the results are sub optimal then you have enough donor for a repair. 

Edited by bigmistake
  • Like 2

Posted (edited)
10 hours ago, shadow_god said:

20+ Hair Transplant in a single day is just a straight lie, what kind of proof you have to support that?

Edited by Rawkerboi

@shadow_god 

I think You seem to be getting off-topic here. Also making some irrelevant statements.

I've already said it multiple times that you still have four to five months of growth. There's no way you can judge your result at 8 month mark. Worrying or commenting your concerns multiple times will not help at all. 

Secondly, you said that 20+ single procedure a day which is not correct at all. How's that even possible ? 

11 hours ago, bigmistake said:

You also mentioned that technicians are from Odisha, that is Dr Pradeep's home state, and the technicians are probably from his village, thus since they are from his village seasoned technicians stick with the clinic rather than get training and get a job elsewhere. 

I also had a transplant in India where the doctor himself did the extractions but he did a very poor job. Eugenix's technicians are far superior to most doctors in India. You also mentioned that you are shedding roughly 500 hairs, hair shedding is normal and healthy hair shed, that is their cycle. 

Completely agree with this^  I don't know why he made that remark about the technicians. It doesn't matter where they're from, what Matters the most is what they're doing. I Know this is a big statement, but I agree with what you said. Some Indian doctors are not as skilled as some Eugenix techs.

38 minutes ago, Shadman said:

@shadow_god 

I think You seem to be getting off-topic here. Also making some irrelevant statements.

I've already said it multiple times that you still have four to five months of growth. There's no way you can judge your result at 8 month mark. Worrying or commenting your concerns multiple times will not help at all. 

Secondly, you said that 20+ single procedure a day which is not correct at all. How's that even possible ? 

Completely agree with this^  I don't know why he made that remark about the technicians. It doesn't matter where they're from, what Matters the most is what they're doing. I Know this is a big statement, but I agree with what you said. Some Indian doctors are not as skilled as some Eugenix techs.

He is just worried,but I feel his result is on track. 

Even if something is going wrong then also he cannot do anything until the 12th month mark. 

Unlike us he chose the right clinic for the first procedure, he does not know how badly they do the extractions in other Indian clinics. 

@shadow_god even if the result is not good, then also you have to wait till the 12 month mark for a repair. Which I don't think you will need. Stop stressing till the 12th Month. Let's come back in 12 months and then assess. 

Even if you consult other surgeons right now, they may not be able to give you accurate information.

Posted (edited)
19 hours ago, bigmistake said:

He is just worried,but I feel his result is on track. 

Even if something is going wrong then also he cannot do anything until the 12th month mark. 

Unlike us he chose the right clinic for the first procedure, he does not know how badly they do the extractions in other Indian clinics. 

@shadow_god even if the result is not good, then also you have to wait till the 12 month mark for a repair. Which I don't think you will need. Stop stressing till the 12th Month. Let's come back in 12 months and then assess. 

Even if you consult other surgeons right now, they may not be able to give you accurate information.

Yes, true, I am little worried when I see losing a lot of hair. Just 3 days back I lost close to 400 hairs while shampooing. Yes, stressed as I think I have way below par density. So, I am waiting for 4 more months as I have gone past 8 months already

Edited by shadow_god
mistypo

35 minutes ago, shadow_god said:

Yes, true, I am little worried when I see losing a lot of hair. Just 3 days back I lost close to 400 hairs while shampooing. Yes, stressed as I think I have way below par density. So, I am waiting for 4 more months as I have gone past 8 months already

It doesn't look bad. It looks better than my hair. Wait for four months. If not ideal then you have enough donor for repair.

On 3/23/2024 at 6:47 PM, shadow_god said:

Out of all the criticisms you can put at Eugenix, their techs being terrible, is surely the last. Even the staunchest critics praise the techs. The techs all come from Dr Sethi’s village in Odisha. Though probably not the most educated, they clearly have a high work ethic and loyalty. There is no coincidence that eugenix have good donor management when they have the same two techs doing nothing but extractions for 14 years. Also, the high growth yields, are down to those techs.

I counted six OTs last month, which spread between Drs Sethi/Bansal/Das/Somesh/Vineta  I didn’t think was that bad. The 20 surgeries a day is just a nonsense claim.  

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
57 minutes ago, Bandit90 said:

Out of all the criticisms you can put at Eugenix, their techs being terrible, is surely the last. Even the staunchest critics praise the techs. The techs all come from Dr Sethi’s village in Odisha. Though probably not the most educated, they clearly have a high work ethic and loyalty. There is no coincidence that eugenix have good donor management when they have the same two techs doing nothing but extractions for 14 years. Also, the high growth yields, are down to those techs.

I counted six OTs last month, which spread between Drs Sethi/Bansal/Das/Somesh/Vineta  I didn’t think was that bad. The 20 surgeries a day is just a nonsense claim.  

Completely agree, In my first procedure Dr. himself did extraction but still he did over harvesting. On the other hand, in my repair procedure Eugenix techs did the extraction but still donor management was at its best. They might not be highly educated, but they're skilled enough to carry out their jobs perfectly. 

Edited by Shadman
  • Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Month 10.5 Update: 

Overall satisfied with the progress. Not much to update. I feel like there's is more maturity. 

At around one month ago started one single solution of 5% topical minoxidil and 0.1% finasteride. Stopped oral minoxidil & finasteride. I want to see how my body is reacting to topical finasteride. Let's see. 

IMG_3012.jpeg

IMG_3031.jpeg

IMG_3014.jpeg

IMG_3018.jpeg

IMG_3036.jpeg

IMG_3028.jpeg

• Like 1

• Administrators

Amazing transformation 

BB4124A7-B166-4DB1-8C61-E176EC50D553.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.