Who is the best surgeon/clinic in the world for Hair Transplant FUE

So recently I asked where the best place was to go in Turkey, but what I should have asked is who is the best in the world? 

Is it Dr Couto in Spain, know he's very expensive but I have seen some of his results which look worlds above any others I have ever seen.

Please share your knowledge on this :) 

Note at present I am set on Dr Pekiner in turkey but maybe want further information on doctors in other countries. Obviously I would like to consider Dr Couto but his prices may be a step too much for me

Thanks in advance

I don't think there is a clear best. It just depends on each persons situation and who is the better suited doctor.

Imo current best in the world are Dr. Munib from FUEGENIX and Dr. Zarev. Both prices way above Couto.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

Yeah definitely subjective, I could agree with Dr Zarev, Dr Munib, Dr Couto but also think Dr Pittella is doing some really good work. Others like @DrTBarghouthi and Dr Panine I think are underrated (personal opinion). Some of Dr Freitas work is excellent but others are not so Impressed with his implanting (row like on occasion) I’m not so “wowed” by H&W these days, and as a all rounder I still really like Dr Bisanga. Dr Nader is another name that’s become synonymous with really good work (and a growing waiting list) 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Gasthoerer said:

Exactly, there is a bunch of top clinics and which is the best depends on your individual case and expectations. 

Another important thing to consider is the hair type that each doctor works best with. 

For example Couto and De Freitas are known to excel with medium, darker hair types while doctors such as Ferreira may offer other type of speciality with other types such as finer and blond. 

It's not uncommon for some doctors to reject certain patients based on this factor either and can't blame them for it. 

• Valued Contributor

Right now dr munib ahmad imo...i like zarev as well but the natual results dr munib is producing are exceptional plus he makes long term plan which imo is important ...dr zarev might b going a bit towards unsafe zone i think...and de freitas is also excellent...dr couto is brilliant bt he has one advantage as i have seen in most of his cases the hair caliber of the patients is very good..didn't see exceptional results with thin hairs and challenging situation...

• Like 1

Check Out My Hair Transplant Journey

--> My Thread

3611 FUE Grafts With Dr Kongkiat Laorwong | Norwood 5 | 2nd May 2023 

2 minutes ago, A_4_Archan said:

Right now dr munib ahmad imo...i like zarev as well but the natual results dr munib is producing are exceptional plus he makes long term plan which imo is important ...dr zarev might b going a bit towards unsafe zone i think...and de freitas is also excellent...dr couto is brilliant bt he has one advantage as i have seen in most of his cases the hair caliber of the patients is very good..didn't see exceptional results with thin hairs and challenging situation...

Yeah I feel the same from Couto. He delivers exceptionally when it comes to medium to corse types but I have seen very little examples of more challenging cases with finer hair patients then I have seen from De Freitas. 

One of the things I am not a fan of is that there are moments in which techs perform implantations, now I know everyone has his/her own style, I just prefer it that docs usually do the implantations proccess by themselves to the very least. 

Needless to say though that he is still a top notch doctor and is on the top category. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, TheGreatPretender said:

Yeah I feel the same from Couto. He delivers exceptionally when it comes to medium to corse types but I have seen very little examples of more challenging cases with finer hair patients then I have seen from De Freitas. 

One of the things I am not a fan of is that there are moments in which techs perform implantations, now I know everyone has his/her own style, I just prefer it that docs usually do the implantations proccess by themselves to the very least. 

Needless to say though that he is still a top notch doctor and is on the top category. 

Is that with Couto? He doesnt do it all himself?

9 minutes ago, FutureHT1208 said:

Is that with Couto? He doesnt do it all himself?

No, from what I have seen he uses techs for extractions (which is fine) and implants by himself. Howeaver sometimes when there is a 3 day surgery he has techs performing the implantation aswell on the third day. 

Just now, FutureHT1208 said:

I wouldnt be good with that, If I'm paying top dollar I want him doing at least the whole implantation stage

Results are ultimately what counts and he has been knocking them off quite well for his hairtypes. I dont mind if Techs perform extractions so long as they know what they are doing but the implantation is the most challenging and important part of the surgery imo and its vital that the doctor alone is there to perform it but again its just my preference.

2 hours ago, TheGreatPretender said:

Sí, siento lo mismo de Couto. Se entrega excepcionalmente cuando se trata de tipos medianos a corsos, pero he visto muy pocos ejemplos de casos más desafiantes con pacientes con cabello más fino que los que he visto de De Freitas. 

Una de las cosas de las que no soy fanático es que hay momentos en los que los técnicos realizan implantes, ahora sé que cada uno tiene su propio estilo, solo prefiero que los médicos generalmente hagan el proceso de implantes por sí mismos. 

Sin embargo, no hace falta decir que sigue siendo un médico de primer nivel y está en la categoría superior. 

You are speculating with this information that it is not true. From where you have taken that Dr. Couto uses technicians to the implantation, this is plagiarism. Those of us who know him well and have had surgery with him know that he would never do this due to his perfectionist nature and excellence in his work.

I also invite you to patiently review the FUEXPERT publications, which are many and you will find many cases with fine hair.

• Well Done 2

I work a lot in machine learning/algorithmic trading so I'm a numbers guy. This is a chart that took me quite a while to compile, but it's based on my own personal estimates of patient submitted FUE cases (rating each case 1-10 for the first column, and the percentage of cases that I rated as an 8 or higher for the second column):

image.png.ee6bbc3ae764eafb67d9c7044875d482.png

Some more linear charts of case results over time:

image.thumb.png.3ec21f1c953d8fe0867c0fb544a3e0b7.png

These were compiled predominantly from HRN and the Spanish forum, though I did look at 3 or 4 of the less popular forums as well (Real Self, Italian, French, German, etc). I ignored all results posted by the clinics themselves as those are generally pointless. Some points to keep in mind:

Note how few cases led to these scores. Alvarez has an extremely high success rate, for example, but it's only based on SIX patients. At the other extreme are guys like Freitas, who seem to have a new patient posted case every other week.

These numbers don't take into account "artistry" of design, which I think is a very personal choice. Hasson draws his frontal lines across and almost never rebuilds temples, Eugenix folks like very sharp and angular temple points, Ferreira is sharp but not as extreme as Eugenix, Couto and Konior are much smoother and more natural with their lines and don't shy away from temples, Lorenzo and Pinto are a bit over-conservative and usually keep their hairlines high.

I didn't include any FUTs on this list because that wasn't my interest. This is a big deal for guys that are heavy hitters with strip like Konior and Hasson, who've arguably had their best results in that arena.

Patient population must be taken into account, with the Spanish, Portuguese and Indian docs getting the more "robust" follicles of darker haired men while American docs have a much more varied patient population with a larger percentage of very fine haired blondes. Pinto's high success rates are probably in part due to his cherry picking cases and conservative approach, at least from what I've heard on the Spanish forums, similar to what you see with Keser.

It's also interesting that certain doctors tend to have better results at certain times of year. Not sure if this is related to weather, clinic factors or patient availability, but just something to note.

I'm making these decisions based on online pictures, many of which are of severely limited quality. Particularly if you go back 5-10 years. Things often look a bit different in person or if you're taking the pictures outside in the desert at noon versus in a dimly lit office.

The point of all this is that it's a very complicated question you're asking for who's considered the "best". It's like saying who's the best athlete in the world? Cristiano Ronaldo? Jon Jones? Tiger Wds? Tom Brady? Michael Jordan? Sachin Tendulkar? Ric Flair?

There are just too many variables to boil it down to something as simple as "this guy, he's the best, no questions asked". One size fits all is a size that fits none. You have to find who works for you.

Edited by slartibartfast
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 2

I didn't take into account patients that had a subpar result but went back in for a revision and came out with something much better (or rarely worse). This is based on first pass only.

I also didn't consider anyone from Turkey as I was not interested in that market.

Edited by slartibartfast

11 hours ago, RMancini said:

You are speculating with this information that it is not true. From where you have taken that Dr. Couto uses technicians to the implantation, this is plagiarism. Those of us who know him well and have had surgery with him know that he would never do this due to his perfectionist nature and excellence in his work.

I also invite you to patiently review the FUEXPERT publications, which are many and you will find many cases with fine hair.

I never said he was always using them for implantation but there has been a patient example here in which he did use from the third day in longer sessions which is different. 

Also, there is a price table from different surgeons made by another user telling that the techs do perform implantations. I am not sure how accurate this info is but i only based this off from what one of the patients spoke off in this forum. 

Edited by TheGreatPretender

On 6/12/2023 at 1:23 AM, slartibartfast said:

I work a lot in machine learning/algorithmic trading so I'm a numbers guy. This is a chart that took me quite a while to compile, but it's based on my own personal estimates of patient submitted FUE cases (rating each case 1-10 for the first column, and the percentage of cases that I rated as an 8 or higher for the second column):

These were compiled predominantly from HRN and the Spanish forum, though I did look at 3 or 4 of the less popular forums as well (Real Self, Italian, French, German, etc). I ignored all results posted by the clinics themselves as those are generally pointless. Some points to keep in mind:

Note how few cases led to these scores. Alvarez has an extremely high success rate, for example, but it's only based on SIX patients. At the other extreme are guys like Freitas, who seem to have a new patient posted case every other week.

These numbers don't take into account "artistry" of design, which I think is a very personal choice. Hasson draws his frontal lines across and almost never rebuilds temples, Eugenix folks like very sharp and angular temple points, Ferreira is sharp but not as extreme as Eugenix, Couto and Konior are much smoother and more natural with their lines and don't shy away from temples, Lorenzo and Pinto are a bit over-conservative and usually keep their hairlines high.

I didn't include any FUTs on this list because that wasn't my interest. This is a big deal for guys that are heavy hitters with strip like Konior and Hasson, who've arguably had their best results in that arena.

Patient population must be taken into account, with the Spanish, Portuguese and Indian docs getting the more "robust" follicles of darker haired men while American docs have a much more varied patient population with a larger percentage of very fine haired blondes. Pinto's high success rates are probably in part due to his cherry picking cases and conservative approach, at least from what I've heard on the Spanish forums, similar to what you see with Keser.

It's also interesting that certain doctors tend to have better results at certain times of year. Not sure if this is related to weather, clinic factors or patient availability, but just something to note.

I'm making these decisions based on online pictures, many of which are of severely limited quality. Particularly if you go back 5-10 years. Things often look a bit different in person or if you're taking the pictures outside in the desert at noon versus in a dimly lit office.

The point of all this is that it's a very complicated question you're asking for who's considered the "best". It's like saying who's the best athlete in the world? Cristiano Ronaldo? Jon Jones? Tiger Wds? Tom Brady? Michael Jordan? Sachin Tendulkar? Ric Flair?

There are just too many variables to boil it down to something as simple as "this guy, he's the best, no questions asked". One size fits all is a size that fits none. You have to find who works for you.

This is gold. Could you update this at the end of 2023? It would be great to have a chart like this and compared results. 

The question, who is the Best is always very complicated. We always have different interests and opinions. Also, for example your question about best "athlete" that would include all doctors from any specialty is not the same as if you would ask "best basketball player" which would be just for example HT surgeons. 

But the thing is that the name "Dr Couto" is always among the 3 or 5 doctors that everyone suggests as the elite HT surgeons...

• Administrators
On 6/11/2023 at 4:23 PM, slartibartfast said:

The problem with this is that you’re results are subjective. If you’re success rate is based on what you perceive to be acceptable, that doesn’t mean someone else will feel the same way. Furthermore, there are no links, so users can form their own judgments. The first surgeon only has 6 cases, in comparison to Freitas 62, the graph is already flawed if you’re not taking into account the number of reviews. I appreciate the work you’ve done, but this needs to be pointed out and said. If you have 1,000 cases with 10 unhappy patients that’s 1% subjective failure. That counts for a lot more than 10 cases with no failures. The two cannot be compared.

• Thanks 1

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

• 7 months later...
On 6/12/2023 at 12:23 AM, slartibartfast said:

I work a lot in machine learning/algorithmic trading so I'm a numbers guy. This is a chart that took me quite a while to compile, but it's based on my own personal estimates of patient submitted FUE cases (rating each case 1-10 for the first column, and the percentage of cases that I rated as an 8 or higher for the second column)

A few questions about your data:

1: What do the light grey rows mean vs the black ones in your 15 row table?
2: Also you have 15 surgeons in the table, but only 9 graphs. Can you give us the other 6 graphs please? There's a couple of people I'd like to see in more detail.

Edited by hair4tomo