I love cases like this one-with VIDEO-Dr. Alan Feller

This very nice patient visited because he had several surgeries performed with a large chain clinic that left him with a very stalky and unnatural hairline (see photos).

Because of these surgeries he had VERY little donor area left to work with, so we had to make each hair really count.

We were able remove, via strip, just under 2,000 grafts and pack it along the frontal area to cover up the old minigraf work and give some thickening.

His after photos are about 15 months after surgery. He came back to be evaluated for more surgery, and lucky for him his donor scalp could proabably give another 1000 or so grafts via strip before FUE becomes his only option.

Fixing poor and outdated work is very satisfying

Click the link for VIDEO:

http://www.fellermedicaldata.com/video/rm.wmv

878108723_3C68170B67FAB379654758A2107FBA24.jpg.thumb 858108723_547E331F269664B3755DD04187DB139B.jpg.thumb 668108723_CA057E8EBC3F8A9421D32E97EB974712.jpg.thumb 578108723_7C6A7E3C6B99FD981DFFA0348326441A.jpg.thumb 378108723_278F2E3248A32D5D5A4E3C0346C3EAF7.jpg.thumb 268108723_B0C61B726EF89BDEFEC43F3B561AD91C.jpg.thumb 258108723_00C4D0735E801C77EAE18CCE7772D68A.jpg.thumb 188108723_9B8008CB6E913668A6457F79E2E1EDDF.jpg.thumb 178108723_0D4FE60C5854EBCB5F6BD301E819505F.jpg.thumb 148108723_6E7149E0B0E5077CAEBD93B280032B75.jpg.thumb

Goes from disaster to completely undetectable. Gives me hope.

Dr. G: 1,000 grafts (FUT) 2008

Dr. Paul Shapiro: 2,348 grafts (FUT) 2009 ~ 1,999 grafts (FUT) 2011 ~ 300 grafts (Scar Reduction) 2013

Dr. Konior: 771 grafts (FUT) 2015 ~ 558 grafts (FUT) 2017 ~ 1,124 grafts (FUE) 2020

My Hair Transplant Journey with Shapiro Medical Group

Aaron,

-I've looked at your weblog and don't think your HT is bad. If I were you I would just fill in between the grafts and I think you would be alot happier. I don't know the plan you made with your doctor, but that's what I would suggest. I can't tell if your hairline is stalky, but if it is just make sure to pack in about 600-800 true single graft FUs and it should look fine in a few months.

-Thank you Mick.

• Moderators

Looks great from the front, but it now requires him to keep his hair extra long to do a comb back to cover everything behind the hairline. He now has a thick line of hair along the front and very little behind it. If he cuts his hair short it's going to look strange. I would rather have the 2000 grafts spread out a bit more, say the frontal third rather than just an inch. It would be a bit thin looking, but I think more natural overall. No?

Now if he gets that additional 1000 spread out a bit behind the initial 2000 then it may end up being basically what I'm saying, which might not be so bad.

Al

Forum Moderator

(formerly BeHappy)

I am a forum moderator for hairrestorationnetwork.com. I am not a Dr. and I do not work for any particular Dr. My opinions are my own and may not reflect the opinions of other moderators or the owner of this site. I am also a hair transplant patient and repair patient. You can view some of my repair journey here.

BeHappy,

He's been keeping his hair extra long since the first four surgeries he had elsewhere so I doubt he has any plans to cut it now.

If his 2000 grafts were spread out more he would have had no cosmetic effect from his surgery at all simply because his hair is ultra-thin. The thinner the hair, the denser the pack has to be.

Now that his main problem is gone, that is, looking unnatural and stalky due to his prior work elsewhere, we can move further back. Who knows, with FUE we may get out another 2000 grafts out for the top.

Vince,

Same lighting, same camera,same lense, same photographer (me), same chair, and same background. The only difference is that he has alot more hair in the front.

• Moderators

Every patient has their own idea of what areas concern them more. I obviously can't speak for this patient. I'm looking at it from my own perspective as a person in a similar situation as this guy (stage 7 except for overall thinness from prior pluggy HTs and little donor left).

I'm hoping to get at least 2000 grafts, although it may be that I can't really get any at all. Although I have a pluggy, thin hairline, I'm more (or at least equally) concerned about building up the sides so I can make a decent part and comb my hair to the side without looking so strange.

Like this guy I too have kept my hair rather long for many years, but it's not because I like it that way. It's because I'm trying to cover a bad HT. One of the goals in a repair, at least in my view, is to be able to cut my hair at a more normal length.

Everyone who gets a HT wants to know if they'll be able to cut their hair short without scars showing or the HT looking unnatural. I'm certainly no different there.

Maybe I should have made a new thread.

Al

Forum Moderator

(formerly BeHappy)

I am a forum moderator for hairrestorationnetwork.com. I am not a Dr. and I do not work for any particular Dr. My opinions are my own and may not reflect the opinions of other moderators or the owner of this site. I am also a hair transplant patient and repair patient. You can view some of my repair journey here.

BeHappy,

The situation you described that you are in is very similar to a patient I just did a second surgery on. Like you he had HTs done in the past but the top was not connected to the sides. Like you all he wanted was the ability to make a part. So we did the first surgery on his left side and it worked great. He JUST came back today to have the staples removed from the second surgery wherein we filled in the right side. Remind me next week to post his photos. I think you will find great hope in seeing how we fixed him up.

• 2 years later...

I think it's a shame this person was left with a depleted donor supply and only had a couple of thousands grafts left.

It is why it is imperative that you educate yourself and pick a top surgeon first time from the surgeons they recommend on here.

The hairline looks great and I don't think much more could have been possibly achieved in the circumstances.

2 poor unsatisfactory hair transplants performed in the UK.

Based on vast research and meeting patients, I travelled to see Dr Feller in New York to get repaired.

I remember this post it's a good few years old now so I wonder what the patient did next.

Bonkerstonker! :D

http://www.hairtransplantnetwork.com/blog/home-page.asp?WebID=1977

Update I'm now on 12200 Grafts, hair loss has been a thing of my past for years. Also I don't use minoxidil anymore I lost no hair coming off it. Reduced propecia to 1mg every other day.

My surgeons were

Dr Hasson x 4,

Dr Wong x 2

Norton x1

I started losing my hair at 19 in 1999

I started using propecia and minoxidil in 2000

Had 7 hair transplants over 12200 grafts by way of strip but

700 were Fue From Norton in uk

• 4 weeks later...

Although the before pics don't show the very worst old transplant look, the after pics are top shelf. 2000 grafts? They've been made to look like 3500 were added. Extremely natural effect the patient must be proud of.