26 y/o female interested in hair transplant <$10k - is it possible?

Hello, 

i am new to the world of HT and this forum. I have had some consultations with clinics in Turkey but am nervous about going to a hair mill or getting a very unnatural hairline.

I don’t have any hair loss .. just an unfortunate hairline

I had a consultation with Dr.Epstein in FL, and he would cost around 12k for 1400 grafts; FUE.

i am now considering FUT because I I don’t want to shave my donor area. 

any other women who have had this done and want to provide advice? Thank you!

IMG_2636.jpeg

IMG_2642.jpeg

IMG_2638.jpeg

IMG_2641.jpeg

Welcome to the forum.

I definitely believe you could achieve a really good result doing FUT (strip) if you dont mind the scar and getting a ton of coverage with it. Only down side is how long the healing takes but you could basically rock it since you have long hair and would be able to cover the scar even after operation (as it heals) since you could put your hair back.

If you are choosing the states there are a couple of FUT procedures here with either Carlos Wesley, Bloxham and feller, and a few other surgeons. Take a look and see what you think works best either FUE or FUT.

Follow my first hair transplant journey

3,252 Grafts a minimum of 6,712 hairs June 2022

Dr Nadimi has a lot of experience with hts for women.

She is an exceptional surgeon and if you choose the FUT route, her scars are almost undetectable. 

I would set up a consultation with her. 

Edited by mrmane85
  • Like 2

9 minutes ago, Vann said:

Welcome to the forum.

I definitely believe you could achieve a really good result doing FUT (strip) if you dont mind the scar and getting a ton of coverage with it. Only down side is how long the healing takes but you could basically rock it since you have long hair and would be able to cover the scar even after operation (as it heals) since you could put your hair back.

If you are choosing the states there are a couple of FUT procedures here with either Carlos Wesley, Bloxham and feller, and a few other surgeons. Take a look and see what you think works best either FUE or FUT.

Why is FUT often mentioned for girls? It's not like they have a huge concern with maximizing their lifetime graft potential so what's the benefit to them of getting FUT and having a longer recovery time and more invasive and painful surgery? 

TBH, I would be very careful going anywhere for a HT in Turkey as a female. It's one thing to go to Turkey as a man, but female hairlines are a bit of a "specialty" thing so I think you want someone who has some level of specialization in them. Dr. Bicer (Who happens to be a female) is in Turkey so maybe she is worth considering. Dr Nadimi in the US is also female and is great with female hairlines, but is far more expensive than Bicer. 

Overall, HT surgery is the wild west so be very careful with who you choose. Tons of "clinics" will tell you they can get you an amazing hairline for a bargain price. And that may be the case in a certain % of their patients. But you really want to take time choosing a Dr with a track record of achieving results that fit your specific case. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

have you gotten a formal diagnosis on your balding? With guys its pretty black and white, you are balding so you have male pattern baldness. But with females I would always recommend a confirmed diagnosis before going down this path. 

Also, you are already on this website and posting so I feel you are going to get a hair transplant no matter what. But surgery is always a last resort, and its totally within the realm of possiblity that you come out worse than before. 

Because of this, I would recommend experimenting with different hairstyles, extensions, wigs, etc before commiting on permanent surgery. 

Edited by HappyMan2021
  • Like 3

6 minutes ago, mrmane85 said:

Dr Nadimi has a lot of experience with hts for women.

do you have proof of this? I'm not saying you are wrong - for all I know you have a lot of info on Dr. Nadimi I am unaware of. But I sort of feel you took the single well-known US female surgeon and magically associated her with being good with female patients 🤷‍♂️

I can't recall numerous female patient reviews of Dr. Nadimi on here, let alone one. 

Edited by HappyMan2021
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, HappyMan2021 said:

do you have proof of this? I'm not saying you are wrong - for all I know you have a lot of info on Dr. Nadimi I am unaware of. But I sort of feel you took the single well-known US female surgeon and magically associated her with being good with female patients 🤷‍♂️

I can't recall numerous female patient reviews of Dr. Nadimi on here, let alone one. 

Yep all magic, tada!

Type her name in the search function and scroll down 4 topics and you'll find an exceptional result of her work on a female patient in this forum.

Then check out her Instagram page and there are many examples of her hair transplant work with women. 

She is an exceptional surgeon and has a lot of experience working with women. 

I wouldn't post something for the sake of it, especially when someone is posting for the first time and looking for genuine advice. 

Edited by mrmane85
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Most women are more open to strip because of lack of concern about the scar and some theoretical concerns about yield. If you don't plan on shaving your head in the future, this may be an idea for you. The best in the world at strip, in my opinion, are Konior in the USA and Muresanu at Hattingen. The latter will likely be more reasonable as far as cost.

You could have the procedure done for less outside of the United States, particularly the meccas like Spain/Portugal and Hattingen which seem to produce better results on average than clinics in the USA for FUE.

Less reliable options are Turkey and India, though some have had very excellent results there as well. Perhaps not the safest to travel alone as a female in India as of late.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, GoliGoliGoli said:

Why is FUT often mentioned for girls? It's not like they have a huge concern with maximizing their lifetime graft potential so what's the benefit to them of getting FUT and having a longer recovery time and more invasive and painful surgery?

theres so many advantages to FUT if you arent balding, dont want to shave your whole head, and want healither grafts, etc. FUT is still practiced because it suits people for different reasons.

Yes there are disadvantages to FUT, but if you have long hair and dont mind the scar you could harvest more grafts at once with less operation time. There are pros/cons to each procedure. Why not give them all the options available?

Follow my first hair transplant journey

3,252 Grafts a minimum of 6,712 hairs June 2022

24 minutes ago, HappyMan2021 said:

have you gotten a formal diagnosis on your balding? With guys its pretty black and white, you are balding so you have male pattern baldness. But with females I would always recommend a confirmed diagnosis before going down this path. 

I have not had a formal diagnosis. I have had this hairline since I’ve been a baby. 

my dad so kindly gave me his hairline, as you can see in this photo. Also love my mothers attempt at kindly hiding this five-head with bangs LOL 

IMG_2858.png

• Haha 1

• Administrators

Welcome to the forum. From the looks of it, you were born with a high hairline. There are a few female patients on the forum. 

I would suggest checking out Dr. Nadimi in Chicago, she has an excellent track record. 

My advice is get it done right, or don’t do anything. Getting a repair would be more expensive, not to mention psychologically detrimental. Here’s a recent case of a young female that had an unnatural hairline repaired in Eugenix. She was in a similar situation, with a naturally high hairline.

Here’s a case from Dr. Konior her mentor, their work is pretty similar.

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

1 hour ago, Hannah-M said:

I have not had a formal diagnosis. I have had this hairline since I’ve been a baby. 

my dad so kindly gave me his hairline, as you can see in this photo. Also love my mothers attempt at kindly hiding this five-head with bangs LOL 

IMG_2858.png

Yeah, when I look at your photo I definitely see no balding. You have a strong feminine hairline. A little high yes, but still very normal. I would do absolutely nothing. But of course it is completely your opinion that matters, so whatever you decide, good luck

• Like 1

You're attractive regardless (so I don't think lowering the hairline will change that). 

I wouldn't bother with it, but I'll defer to the experts on this board for recommendations.

Us guys tend to do it because it actually makes a big difference in our appearance.  In your case, it won't make much difference.  

• Valued Contributor

If having a high forehead worries you to the extent of wanting surgery then really do your research as it looks like you are. The doctors mentioned are very credible doctors. Just be careful when it comes to price. Almost any clinic will take you on as a patient whether they have performed surgery on a female hairline or not. Don't let $10k be your guide but the results and experience of the doctor. You can always save up (if it's required) or just do nothing. A female hairline screwed up can be very challenging to fix. All the best.

Dr Nadimi also has an Instagram where you can view some patients results. I can tell you she is one of the very best, I am a male  patient of hers and my hair is amazing, I’m currently at 6 months post operation. She has a passion for female hair loss and an amazing track record, review her results and read her bio. You can view many of her female patients, she also specializes in forehead reduction surgery for women with strong hairlines but larger foreheads. 

Edited by Chetman2112
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, Hannah-M said:

Hello, 

i am new to the world of HT and this forum. I have had some consultations with clinics in Turkey but am nervous about going to a hair mill or getting a very unnatural hairline.

I had a consultation with Dr.Epstein in FL, and he would cost around 12k for 1400 grafts; FUE.

Less than 10k? It’s not possible in US.

In Turkey you should go for HLC. 

• Like 1

• Valued Contributor

I don't think you need a surgery ..if high hairline is your concern than you can make some changes to your hairstyle and hide that thing ....still if its concerning you too much than you can consider dr nadimi , hattingen clinic , dr konior ....

You can also consider fue imo...a good surgeon can take out the healthiest grafts from donor and you don't have to be worried about the negatives of fut surgery....Screenshot_20230523-133217.thumb.jpg.4575c9b450e65ad1f928bf9d5d42e60f.jpg

Check Out My Hair Transplant Journey

--> My Thread

3611 FUE Grafts With Dr Kongkiat Laorwong | Norwood 5 | 2nd May 2023 

12 hours ago, Hannah-M said:

Hello, 

IMG_2636.jpeg

IMG_2642.jpeg

IMG_2638.jpeg

IMG_2641.jpeg

Edited by shiba1985
delete

• Valued Contributor

Personally I think you look great and don't need a HT at all.

That said, if your budget is $10K and you need about 1500 grafts (basing this on Dr Epstein's estimate), then you're looking for a top Doc in the $6-7 per graft range. I'm not familiar enough with the prices charged by the best guys in the US to say if that's achievable though I imagine it'll be more than that. Also I don't know how low you're looking to take your hairline but 1400 grafts won't get you too far - maybe 1cm or so. Whether a single cm would get you the aesthetic results you want I don't know - that's for you to say but you could be looking at more grafts needed which will test your budget more than it's already tested.

You might find better value in Europe with many excellent surgeons charging in the €4-5 per graft range. You'll obviously have flights and accommodation costs to factor in although I imagine flying around the US wouldn't be significantly cheaper (depending on where you're based and where you need to get to of course!).

Absolutely do not go to Turkey under any circumstances.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Berba11 said:

Personally I think you look great and don't need a HT at all.

That said, if your budget is $10K and you need about 1500 grafts (basing this on Dr Epstein's estimate), then you're looking for a top Doc in the $6-7 per graft range. I'm not familiar enough with the prices charged by the best guys in the US to say if that's achievable though I imagine it'll be more than that. Also I don't know how low you're looking to take your hairline but 1400 grafts won't get you too far - maybe 1cm or so. Whether a single cm would get you the aesthetic results you want I don't know - that's for you to say but you could be looking at more grafts needed which will test your budget more than it's already tested.

You might find better value in Europe with many excellent surgeons charging in the €4-5 per graft range. You'll obviously have flights and accommodation costs to factor in although I imagine flying around the US wouldn't be significantly cheaper (depending on where you're based and where you need to get to of course!).

Absolutely do not go to Turkey under any circumstances.

Where do you recommend going outside of the US, that is not Turkey? I thought everyone loved going to Turkey for HT

• Sad 1