Diffuse thinner, my first transplant failed is there any point trying again

Last year I did an hair transplant in Turkey. 3500 grafts

I waited hoping that something would grow but the results are non existent.

I don’t know what to do. Is there any point trying again? My donor doesn’t seem to have much hair left, the first clinic said 2500- 3000.I’m considering eugenix but I’m open to suggestions.

IMG_0831.jpeg

IMG_0940.jpeg

IMG_0857.jpeg

IMG_0833.jpeg

IMG_0951.jpeg

Edited by BaldoJunior

• Valued Contributor

Hairline and mid scalp seems to be sparse ...but still need to see better pics with a hair length shorter than this..and can you please post pre op pics so evryone can see the difference ....you had 3500 grafts which are not less and should have made some difference at least....and imo you should get your scalp as well as your donor checked by a good local doctor..if there is some issues with scalp than you need to solve that first...and if there is no issues with scalp thn you should get your donor checked and see how much grafts you cn extract without damaging the donor....best of luck...

Edited by A_4_Archan
  • Confused 1

Check Out My Hair Transplant Journey

--> My Thread

3611 FUE Grafts With Dr Kongkiat Laorwong | Norwood 5 | 2nd May 2023 

Sorry to hear,

To be fair your situation doesn't look too bad. I would try to salvage the situation with Minoxidil and Finasteride. Slighter thinner hair on the top isn't a weird look if you ask me. And if you disagree you could always use some concealer. Women wear make up everyday. Why shouldn't us men do the same?

The hairs in the front look like transplanted hairs to me. Are you sure nothing has come through?

It kinda looks like the transplant worked.  Maybe poor survival, but you can see the thicker hairs did take.  It looks like you lost ground on your native hair though (admittedly I am making a lot of assumptions).  Did the doctor prescribe you a DHT blocker?  If not you might have lost native hair

Doesnt look too bad. Its always important to make an informed decision before undergoing surgery though, especially knowing there are alot of hairmills around the globe, especially Turkey to which lots of us fall in their marketing tactics. 

You seem to have had some transected native hairs which kind of undermined the final results but you can still get good results with a second intervention. I think your caliber is also good alongside your donor, just make sure to chose a good clinic. Eugenix is a good start, I think Dr Das is able to touch it up.

Bisanga, Mwamba and lupanzula in Belgium. 

De Freitas, Ximena Villa and Couto in Spain.

Bruno Ferreira and Pinto in Portugal are a couple of names that I could think off which could do a good job with you. Theres more so be sure to check the list within the website.

Of course I would still insist on being in Meds before doing anything as it would help in case you got native hairs in those areas.

Edited by TheGreatPretender

Depending what is your current donor quality and your expectations, it's better you'll upload donor photos

Doron Harati - Patient coordinator for HDC Hair Clinic, HT procedures are done by MD Doctors with Microscope FUE.

For consultation contact me: WhatsApp +972526542654

Mail:doronhdc@gmail.com

HDC Instegram: https://instagram.com/doronhairadvisor_hdc?igshid=YmMyMTA2M2Y=

* All comments from this account should not be taken or construed as medical advice, all comments are only the personal opinions of the poster.

Hi there thanks for all your answers. I’m already using finasteride since 2019 and I gradually stop minoxidil prior the operation and I never start back but I didn’t see any difference while using it and stopping it.

I did the operation at Fuecapilar with dr turan, I contacted the clinic and now I will probably do some consultation with other surgeons. To see what are my options

Eugenix told me I probably have 2000 grafts from the back and 1000 from the beard. What can I expect realistically? Is it stupid doing a second procedure before 30s? or should I try to accept that i will need to do SMP or hair systems 

It seems like your transplanted hair did grow. In a situation with diffused baldness sometimes the loss rate of DHT susceptible native hair speeds up so you may not notice huge improvement.

But you would have lost that native hair anyway. If you can show your hairline picture before that will give better idea.  It doesn't look all lost. Medication will probably help in retaining your hair. The hairline in future could use some softening. But I think you should wait and see if your hair loss stabilized.

Can you post a pic of your hairline before the HT?  And pics from after the surgery or a day or two after so we can see where you got work done? It's really impossible to give any sort of advice if you don't post a larger range of pictures.

I'll be honest, if you got hairline work done then I would be pretty upset with the outcome based on the 1 picture you posted of the hairline. But no one has any idea what zones you had work in so it's hard to tell. Regardless I'm surprised to hear this is from Dr Turan as normally he has good results. 

Also, when exactly did you get the HT? By last year do you mean 1 year ago or "sometime" in 2022? 

Hair did grow but may need refining in front.  I’d approach with caution.  Did they do any pro treatments and where did you go?

in the meantime, you can get toppik and a pump applicator to fill in it to a point that may be comfortable for you.  It can work since you have workable  hair to create the illusion 

if and when you go to refine, some grafts with lat slit positioning may help.  Do not have them use nape hairs.  Beard hairs may be better for crown points vs midscalp.  See if you can have manual extraction to extract hairs.  May yield more viable grafts vs other techniques in most hands.

now, hairsystems these days are pretty decent but obviously it is the maintenance factor.  If for some reason you go that route, a natural frontal hairline by surgery with a system behind it can also be an option.  

age 30 is early, you can wait to see in 3-5 years how it progresses if it does.  Normally, wait 18-24 months before a second procedure in sane zone so you can see how growth cycles play out

On 5/12/2023 at 6:32 AM, A_4_Archan said:

Donor seems to be sparse ...but still need to see better pics with a hair length shorter than this..and can you please post pre op pics so evryone can see the difference ....you had 3500 grafts which are not less and should have made some difference at least....and imo you should get your scalp as well as your donor checked by a good local doctor..if there is some issues with scalp than you need to solve that first...and if there is no issues with scalp thn you should get your donor checked and see how much grafts you cn extract without damaging the donor....best of luck...

I am eager to know how you can say anything about donor area from those photos? 

• Valued Contributor
1 hour ago, shiba1985 said:

I am eager to know how you can say anything about donor area from those photos? 

Oh sorry i made a mistake ..i wanted to say the say the hairline and top looking a bit sparse and i wrote donor by mistake ..need to edit it...

Check Out My Hair Transplant Journey

--> My Thread

3611 FUE Grafts With Dr Kongkiat Laorwong | Norwood 5 | 2nd May 2023