Eugenix - Grade 3V - Dr. Bansal - 4000 grafts - April 27-28 2023

• Administrators

Look forward to seeing your full review 🙌🏼

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

Day 0. I’m back from the second/final day of my procedure and wanted to provide some picture updates. I think the final count was somewhere around 3,500 grafts. I’ll get more specific counts in the next few days.
I love what I’m seeing and am actually shocked at how much I like the shaved head look on me! 😎 😂IMG_4935.thumb.jpeg.5a47019150cc43044942a8b9c230b3cc.jpegIMG_4934.thumb.jpeg.ad475f6913a47d89a47114de1e0babcc.jpegIMG_4931.thumb.jpeg.126faaffc171cb61eac8d5488077e547.jpeg

More details to come!

• Like 1

• Administrators
13 hours ago, readyforresults said:

Day 0. I’m back from the second/final day of my procedure and wanted to provide some picture updates. I think the final count was somewhere around 3,500 grafts. I’ll get more specific counts in the next few days.
I love what I’m seeing and am actually shocked at how much I like the shaved head look on me! 😎 😂IMG_4935.thumb.jpeg.5a47019150cc43044942a8b9c230b3cc.jpegIMG_4934.thumb.jpeg.ad475f6913a47d89a47114de1e0babcc.jpegIMG_4931.thumb.jpeg.126faaffc171cb61eac8d5488077e547.jpeg

More details to come!

You actually look freaking good with a head shaved. It matches you well 🙌🏼

• Like 1

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

View my thread

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

On 4/25/2023 at 9:08 AM, GeneralNorwood said:

Well, he is graded wrong isn't he? I am informing him about this, so you won't have to say 1 year later that he was delusional about his hairloss level. 

I think that is very important to know at which stage of hairloss you are, before you jump into procedure and agree to the procedure plan.  I think you can agree with this. 

From the picture of the top of the head, it is visible that miniaturisation is taking place not only at crown and frontal part, but at midscalp too. From the top it looks like Norwood 5. He has 2 days to operation and he can do what he wants with this information. 

And don't worry, i won't be informing now all the patients in their journeys, that they have wrong Norwood classification, i simply don't have time for this.  But even if i did so, i don't see how it is de-railing someone's journey 😆 

And it's not like i am now 100% unhappy about my procedure from Eugenix and now i am pushing it to other patients. I am more like 50-50. 

But what you are doing Melvin it's not fair. I only "called" for you in this topic, because we recently had this conversation about wrong classification at Eugenix. I saw this topic today and immediately noticed that classicication is wrong. So i wrote about it. Should i just be silence about this, because i am not 100% satisfied from my procedure? 

So maybe just give your opinion about Norwood stage here and don't make this disscussion about my personal feelings towards the clinic. 

I have to agree with the earlier posts,

OP is definitely not a 3V, judging from the pictures his frontal region is heavily receded and looks more like a stage 5. 

I would also be very concerned if the clinic I am having surgery at classified my Norwood stage incorrectly 

Here is my follow up to continue giving back to the community that helped me make this incredibly difficult decision. Im giving a lot of detail here as all the little details in other posts helped me out along the way. I just want to give a special shout out to Melvin who calmed my nerves just before going under the knife/needle. You’re the best! 

Arrival: The airport pickup and drop off went smoothly. There was someone waiting with a sign for our hotel who got us right on our way. Driving through New Delhi for the first time is a lot to take in as a westerner. I wasn’t sure about the area we were driving into but in no time, we roll up to a security gate where the engine, the trunk and undercarriage were inspected before the gate lifted and we pulled up to the Courtyard Marriott. We went through the metal detectors and our bags disappeared then reappeared at the check-in desk. I’m assuming they scan them. It was a lot of security to get through for a hotel and it, paradoxically, made me feel a bit more on edge. However, the Marriott is right next-door to the police station so it really is the safest place around. 

Accommodations: You’ve probably already read it elsewhere but I just want to amplify how nice this Courtyard Marriott is! The food, the hospitality, the responsiveness, the cleanliness… it was a bit more like a resort than a hotel. Oh, and did I mention the food??? The buffets are unlike anything I’ve experienced and I’m an East Coast foodie! The hotel staff did everything to make our stay incredible (a bit more on that later). 

We did hit a snag in that India charges per person for a room. In the US and elsewhere, you pay for the room no matter who is staying in it. I was scheduled by Eugenix for a single occupancy and they were hesitant to let my partner stay in the room with me. I know this was a language barrier issue but it was quite a stressful moment trying to figure out what to do to resolve it (even now I’m not entirely sure it’s resolved). Eugenix did know I was traveling with a “medical attendant”. The hotel staff quoted me $18 more a night for two people which we readily agreed to and were taken up to our room. 

The room is spacious with plenty of English-language channels to watch but we kept ending up on the Bollywood music video channels. 

The bathroom has a shower with a bench, an overhead shower and wand shower head. The wand and bench were awesome for post op care as I was advised not to let a shower stream touch my new grafts (I had this horrible vision of spraying my grafts away like a power-washing nightmare). 

Pre op clinic visit:

This is the point I had a bit of a mental/emotional breakdown. I was picked up by a Eugenix driver and we drove to the clinic - past scores of beeping vehicles (of all kinds), cows, tractors, pedestrians, etc. The urban landscape is shocking when encountering it for the first time. The culture shock is real y’all! The only way I can describe it is that everything is built around rubble and piles of refuse. Eugenix is down a road that includes hospitals, clinics, wellness centers, gyms, etc. but, again, built up around urban decay. I started to panic as we pulled up, wondering if I’ve made a huge mistake. I was brought inside to the front desk (it’s really quite modern and nice inside) and it seemed they didn’t know who I was (maybe language barrier?). I was handed off to another person, who then handed me off to another person upstairs who walked me through the floor containing the operating theaters. Another user on this site described it as “controlled chaos” and that is exactly what it felt like. I was getting more and more nervous with each passing moment. Then, my vitals were taken (blood pressure off the charts 😂) and I was given two local anesthetic shots to test for a reaction. The sites were marked with permanent maker that is STILL visible days later. 

By the time I was given the paperwork to sign, I was in panic mode. You’re signing off on all the ways the procedure could fail or disappoint and my fears were right there on paper in front of me. The amazing staff clocked my distress (I mean the pulse monitor didn’t lie) and brought in some familiar faces I had interacted with over WhatsApp. This helped a lot! We talked it all through together. I felt a little bit better, signed the paperwork and they gave me some anti-anxiety meds to help me calm down and sleep. I should note here that I would likely have felt unsure at ANY clinic but the hustle-bustle, controlled chaos and no familiar faces or anyone to welcome me brought it all to a heightened state (I later learned there was supposed to be a care team member to greet me but he couldn’t make it to the clinic in time for my arrival. That part wasn’t communicated to me. He got there towards the end and was great with me). 

I’m not going to lie, it was a rough night of wrestling with my doubts and fears back at the hotel. I’m fortunate that my partner was there to remind me of every reason I was there and by morning, I was ready to go! Note to others, it makes a huge difference to have someone there with you through this if at all possible. 

Edited by readyforresults
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Procedure day 1: I arrived at the clinic at 10am for a pre op consult with Dr. Bansal. The minute she walked in, I was a bit star-struck but we quickly got down to business. We talked for about 30 minutes regarding my state of hair loss and made a plan together to address it. Due to a number of factors, she said she would need 500 less grafts than originally planned (it would have been even less had we not talked together about reinforcing my mid scalp - thank you general Norwood!). She then spent another 15 minutes with me answering all my random questions (including why they chose the name Eugenix - a word that has a very negative connotation stateside) and then I was taken for pre op pictures and interviews. While the interview was fun to do, I’m still unsure if I’m comfortable agreeing to be part of their marketing campaign. Maybe wait for results??? I don’t know. 

I then had my hair shaved ONLY in the thinning and donor areas, which made for a fun look! I was given more anti-anxiety meds (thank the gods!) and a few other meds. I was taken to a bathroom to change into scrubs (there are staff by your side at all times, even waiting outside the bathroom in case you faint). 

Once changed, I went to the OT laid down and the injections began. I will say this, the first round of injections didn’t hurt at all! I was surprised and hopeful for the rest of the procedure as we’ve all heard horror stories. Once I was numb, the air got charged up, everyone hustled to their stations and Dr. Bansal was ushered in to do the slits on my frontal zone, then she did all the drilling and most of the extracting. I was grateful to have extra time to chat with her about treating dandruff and good skin care routines (she sent me away with some great products to try which was an unexpected gift). I cannot stress how professional and focused she was on her work. I knew I was in great hands and that deeply reassured me. 

As for the procedure, I actually enjoyed the sensation of the graft drilling. However, I did NOT enjoy the sensation of the graft retrieval or the implantation. While they weren’t painful, the sensations freaked me out and gave me so many opportunities to practice mindful meditation! On the second day, the sensations were getting to me so I asked for anti-anxiety meds to help me calm down. They took some vitals and made it happen. Bless them!

As the night wore on and more injections were applied, they got increasingly more painful. I believe there’s a correlation between fatigue and lack of pain tolerance. I muscled through it and we got through about 1,500 grafts, mostly in the frontal zone. Dr. Bansal did many of them and then handed it over to the techs who worked in tandem to do the rest. I was pleasantly surprised that Dr. Bansal really did a lot of the work. I know that was the package I selected (and paid for) but I was tempering my expectations to not get disappointed if she just did the most important steps and bounced. I believe everyone would get amazing care and technical skill at any package level, I just really wanted to have hair by Dr. Bansal. 

We took a food break and I ate a few bites of the veggie Thali (amazing but I wasn’t very hungry) and then I was back on the table. 

I want to note that what everyone says about the team is absolutely correct. They are a well-oiled machine but more importantly, they are supportive, fun, responsive, tuned in, and very present. I actually struggled internally to receive that level of care. Usually, I’m the one offering care to others. It was all very humbling. We even sang some tunes together (to help distract me). 

We finished around 8pm and I was given a surgical cap to wear and instructed how to sleep, spritz my grafts and some more meds to help me rest. Since it was so late, they ordered me and my partner dinner (anything we wanted) and sent us back to the hotel with it. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Illness strikes!:

At about 3am, my partner wakes up feeling unwell, which intensified over the next few hours. This made for a long night of trying to get comfortable (me with a head full of new grafts and him with gastro distress). Unfortunately, by morning, he wasn’t well enough to come to the clinic and stayed back at the hotel. It was hard to feel good about the day ahead for me knowing he was sick (did I mention I’m usually more comfortable offering care?). the Eugenix team inquired about his absence and we’re concerned he was unwell. They sent over a Dr. and a staff person to care for him back at the hotel. They did a house-call! Dr. Bansal intuited how frightening it is to be so sick in a different country and wanted to make sure he was cared for and reassured. He got on some meds and started to feel better by mid-day. The team gave me updates on his well-being throughout the day. I think that was the moment I started to internalize just how different Eugenix is in terms of caring for their patients. 

Also, the hotel staff heard my partner was sick and continued to check in on him throughout the day. They sent liquids and bland food throughout the day and kept checking in each day after. The staff were genuinely concerned. I think I would fly another 15 hours to stay here again! 

• Like 3

Procedure Day 2:

Thankfully, I was able to get a bit more sleep as we started day 2 at 11am. They asked me if I wanted to do Thali again and I agreed but later realized my stomach couldn’t do spicy so I asked for pizza instead. They didn’t even blink and made the change for me. Wherever they ordered that pizza from, it was phenomenal! Where in the states can I get pizza with masala and paneer?

• Like 1

I apologize, this site keeps giving me errors. For some reason, I’m unable to cut/copy text from a notes file into this messaging system so I will post screen shots of the rest of my extensive write up from hereIMG_4984.thumb.png.f3b55380228dd0873c1e055b3e9ebf17.pngIMG_4985.thumb.png.32d3ae53e034fd9ecf340b4aeeac7d66.pngIMG_4986.thumb.png.8edb553c0ea75881d07a0d4da3570592.pngIMG_4987.thumb.png.b9a3bcad250796840d275803ff6c9d5a.pngIMG_4988.thumb.png.37c9715a19e4dbb0ecb68473d8cb847f.pngIMG_4989.thumb.png.3645b203b9a411677ec7511d11ed1cfa.pngIMG_4991.thumb.png.580d093f7adee5bec1d0bbbee972de15.pngIMG_4992.thumb.png.84d4868e32154d83dab2479637f82093.pngIMG_4993.thumb.png.be61a70a0324a480c5744ea3486f1131.png

IMG_4990.png

• Like 1

• Administrators

This is one of the most well-written comprehensive reviews I’ve ever read. You break down the emotions and thought processes so well. You should have been a writer 👌

• Like 1

View my thread

• Valued Contributor

Agree with Melvin here, thanks for such a detailed write up! Congrats on the procedure. The work looks totally pristine. 👌🏻👌🏻👌🏻 Not that it matters now but you totally rock that shaved head!

Looking forward to following your journey.

5 hours ago, Melvin- Moderator said:

This is one of the most well-written comprehensive reviews I’ve ever read. You break down the emotions and thought processes so well. You should have been a writer 👌

Thanks Melvin! It doesn’t hurt that I was in my head and feelings a LOT this week. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Steeeve said:

Agree with Melvin here, thanks for such a detailed write up! Congrats on the procedure. The work looks totally pristine. 👌🏻👌🏻👌🏻 Not that it matters now but you totally rock that shaved head!

Looking forward to following your journey.

Thank you Steeeve! This new hairline really makes the shaved head look good. Speaking of, your progress seems to be going really well! This definitely is a journey, isn’t it? I feel like I’ve embarked on some quest and am trying to get the most out of the process without focusing entirely on the destination. 

7 hours ago, readyforresults said:

Illness strikes!:

At about 3am, my partner wakes up feeling unwell, which intensified over the next few hours. This made for a long night of trying to get comfortable (me with a head full of new grafts and him with gastro distress). Unfortunately, by morning, he wasn’t well enough to come to the clinic and stayed back at the hotel. It was hard to feel good about the day ahead for me knowing he was sick (did I mention I’m usually more comfortable offering care?). the Eugenix team inquired about his absence and we’re concerned he was unwell. They sent over a Dr. and a staff person to care for him back at the hotel. They did a house-call! Dr. Bansal intuited how frightening it is to be so sick in a different country and wanted to make sure he was cared for and reassured. He got on some meds and started to feel better by mid-day. The team gave me updates on his well-being throughout the day. I think that was the moment I started to internalize just how different Eugenix is in terms of caring for their patients. 

Also, the hotel staff heard my partner was sick and continued to check in on him throughout the day. They sent liquids and bland food throughout the day and kept checking in each day after. The staff were genuinely concerned. I think I would fly another 15 hours to stay here again! 

This really is a level above. Can never fault Eugenix for their hospitality. Congrats on the procedure - I’m hopeful you’ll have a stunning result.

Hey mate. Just read through your journey and it brings back all the memories from the last few weeks.

Feel free to PM me if you have any concerns or questions given that I'm going through the same thing as you just five weeks ahead. 

Very glad to hear Dr Bansal did a lot of your work. I needed to insist for her to stay and do more of it (I was on the super premium package too). 

Hope your partner is better and good luck with the med and spritzing regime for the next week!

19 hours ago, fualopecia said:

Hey mate. Just read through your journey and it brings back all the memories from the last few weeks.

Feel free to PM me if you have any concerns or questions given that I'm going through the same thing as you just five weeks ahead. 

Very glad to hear Dr Bansal did a lot of your work. I needed to insist for her to stay and do more of it (I was on the super premium package too). 

Hope your partner is better and good luck with the med and spritzing regime for the next week!

Thank you Faulopecia! It would have helped to have an HT buddy to go through this process with and it’s great to connect with you now! I will definitely PM you.  
I would say Dr. Bansal was there in the OT for about 40 percent of the procedure. Maybe I don’t have clear memories as I was on some low-dose anxiety meds but she definitely did all (every one) of my slits, all of the graft drilling, and a LOT of implantation. I think the the excellent condition of my transplanted and donor areas post-op is a testament to her expertise and gentle handy work. 

I feel like the spritz king these days (although I usually prefer a bit more Aperol in my spritzes, lol)!

• Administrators

Looks super clean, you’re looking like Brody Jenner with the shaved head. At least this look suits you well 👌

image.jpeg

View my thread

This is such a detailed write up, you really captured the highs and lows of travelling around the world for a HT! I could feel myself relating to your situation as I was reading through. Certainly a must read for anyone who is considering going to India for a cosmetic procedure.  The work looks super clean and i'm sure in six months time you will be very happy! Was really nice to read how the clinic extended their care to your partner who got sick over there (I cant imagine how scary that must have been). 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, readyforresults said:

Day 4

ive had almost no swelling, pain or discomfort. There is still redness and scabbing has begun but not too bad at all. How does the work look so far? 

IMG_5025.thumb.jpeg.edaf05becfaa9b0f7541608813886d53.jpegIMG_5026.thumb.jpeg.30a0c7d766261abcc594b0997eda344e.jpegIMG_5027.thumb.jpeg.2f75b497907cbde89078253e9ac59999.jpeg

this hairline goes so well with your face. The work looks clean with density given nicely at hairline. 

Happy growing !