Eugenix - Grade 3V - Dr. Bansal - 4000 grafts - April 27-28 2023

On 5/3/2023 at 6:05 AM, Gatsby said:

An excellent write up @readyforresults and an equally excellent and clean looking scalp post op. I really like the hairline and it suits you well. All the best! 💯👌

Thank you! I’m getting more excited every day for what is to come. I know I’m in for a rough road but happy to be at least on the road. 

On 5/1/2023 at 11:20 PM, Melvin- Moderator said:

Looks super clean, you’re looking like Brody Jenner with the shaved head. At least this look suits you well 👌

image.jpeg

Melvin you are too much! Lol! That man is handsome incarnate. I’ll take the compliment though 😜

I’m sorry to hear that. Didn't you rub the scab gently or it was bit pressurized ? But what I would say that don’t think much about that particular graft. Overall you’ll have a great result hopefully. 

Doesn't look like whole graft to me, rather like broken hair, but picture is not in high resolution. 

It is unlikely that graft would come out after 7 days. 

Graft looks like this. There is bulb at the end and it's definitely thicker then rest of the hair. 

spacer.png

Regarding the bleeding after the wash, i had it too, it is because of scab removal, nothing to worry about. 

Edited by GeneralNorwood

• Administrators

It’s possible you lost that graft. But the good news is, it won’t make a difference once it all grows out. I lost a graft before on the drive home. Bumped my head and started bleeding. But it made no difference in the end.

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

9 hours ago, Melvin- Moderator said:

It’s possible you lost that graft. But the good news is, it won’t make a difference once it all grows out. I lost a graft before on the drive home. Bumped my head and started bleeding. But it made no difference in the end.

Thanks Melvin. I can’t even imagine what that moment was like for you! The missing graft area is all healed up now and I think it’s going to be fine. I’m sad to see one frontal graft go. It was an awful sensation to feel it come out. I thought it would be ok to rub the scabs with a little bit of pressure but nope! Not I’m being extra gentle with my scalp. 

Edited by readyforresults

• 2 weeks later...

Thank you everyone for reassuring me and giving me such helpful information! 

I thought I would update everyone. I am at 21 days post surgery. Still no pain or discomfort and only minimal itching. My scalp is in the flakey stage and it seems like I’m entering the shed (I’m seeing some hairs left in my pillow in the morning). It’ll all be over soon, right? 

how is it all looking from your vantage point? Can I hope for good coverage? 

IMG_5172.thumb.jpeg.d08bfb355843cead61e5441f4c2e2316.jpegIMG_5173.thumb.jpeg.c84c0c29d8c337bff6815a926daa85bc.jpegIMG_5174.thumb.jpeg.bba018f083926eabf58602172e46dc24.jpegIMG_5175.thumb.jpeg.cbedccd9312832b4728df3bc67585dc3.jpegIMG_5176.thumb.jpeg.bdd33d9729a937aa44a325331ca8d059.jpegIMG_5179.thumb.jpeg.046b939a2b407fe981ed280aa62de85f.jpeg

• Administrators

Shedding has started. Be prepared to look super bald. The ugly duckling phase sucks. But rest assured it is only temporary and in no time the growth will start.

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

View my thread

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

• 5 weeks later...

Such a fantastic write-up.  Im sorry your partner got sick, Indian food is delicious but can be tough on the stomach of a westerner.  Glad you got to see their hospitality first hand.

Keep your mind occupied on other things for a few more months, but know that a major transformation is just around the corner for you!

• Like 1

Update time:

it’s been 2 months post-op and the numbness is finally gone in the recipient area. The itching from the donor kicked up and then subsided in the past couple weeks. I haven’t had as much shedding as I expected or maybe I was expecting to be a a horrifying, patchy, bald mess. My recipient areas have a lot of graft growth still. This is especially true for my crown which has surprised me! Also, get a load of my donor area. It looks almost untouched!!!
On a side note, I’ve been using a product given to me by Dr. Bansal for a dandruff condition I’ve had my whole life. I’ve tried EVERYTHING out there that I could get my hands on and this was the first time I’ve had any success. Dr. Bansal assured me this would work and I rolled my eyes because I’ve heard that same line so many times before. I would say 90% of the dandruff is gone and has stayed gone. I just want to express my gratitude for this extra bit of care that has made a huge difference in my scalp health!

Here are some progress pics:

IMG_5394.jpeg

IMG_5399.jpeg

IMG_5397.jpeg

IMG_5398.jpeg

IMG_5401.jpeg

IMG_5402.jpeg

Edited by readyforresults
  • Like 1

• Administrators

All things considered, this is a very mild ugly duckling phase. Your donor looks exceptional. Really excited to see your progress man, happy growing 🙏

View my thread

On 6/22/2023 at 7:01 PM, Melvin- Moderator said:

All things considered, this is a very mild ugly duckling phase. Your donor looks exceptional. Really excited to see your progress man, happy growing 🙏

Thanks Melvin! I can just spray on a touch of fibers and I’m good to go already. I genuinely can’t wait to see what happens in the next four months. I appreciate all your encouragement!

• Like 1

On 6/22/2023 at 9:02 PM, Gatsby said:

For two months post op you have a lot of hair still in the recipient! Everything seems to have bounced back. Keep your eye on the prize and just remember patience is key. All the best! 👌💯

Thanks! The Eugenix team did such a great job with extraction and implantation. Im usually the guy that has all the problems and doesn’t heal well or quickly but I attribute my quick recovery to the quality work of Eugenix/Dr. Bansal.
I have my sights set on Thanksgiving-time (late November) here in the US for when I start evaluating progress. Now it’s just the boring middle for me! 

• Like 1

@readyforresults

We appreciate your feedback and are glad to hear that you had a positive experience with us. It means a lot to us to know that we have been able to help you.

Thank you for the update, everything is looking good and on track once the shedding period is over after that you'll experience gradual growth month on month.

We wish you all the best in your journey towards good health and happiness. Keep us updated on your progress. 

Warmest Regards
Eugenix Hair Sciences

• 5 weeks later...

I’m at 3 months and seeing a lot of growth. I need to give myself another haircut on the sides but I like what the top is doing. Still on Fin 1mg, biotin and Saw Palmetto. 
Earlier this month, Dr. Sethi was in town for consultations and reached out to patients for a get together. It was fun to meet him and other folks I’ve connected with here on the forums! 

IMG_5513.jpeg

IMG_5516.jpeg

IMG_5525.jpeg

IMG_5517.jpeg

IMG_5519.jpeg

IMG_5523.jpeg

IMG_5524.jpeg

@readyforresults

Thank you for the update. Everything is looking good and on track. Shedding might have stopped now; from here on, you'll experience gradual growth month on month, and density will start increasing. We wish you all the best in your journey towards good health and happiness. 
Keep us update on your progress. 

Warmest Regards
Eugenix Hair Sciences 

• Like 1