Pinto vs Ferreira

• Valued Contributor
5 hours ago, Calihome1 said:

Update: Ferreira is 4 euros price 

So pricing and availability is similar.  Still can’t decide which one is a better fit for me.

Imo at that price range de freitas i would pick de freitas ...he is around 3.5 euros and imho his hairline work is excellent ...though you cannot go wrong with either of the doctors you are considering ..i don't know where you living..so if you are near to them than that makes sense to choose any of them...

Check Out My Hair Transplant Journey

--> My Thread

3611 FUE Grafts With Dr Kongkiat Laorwong | Norwood 5 | 2nd May 2023 

24 minutes ago, A_4_Archan said:

Imo at that price range de freitas i would pick de freitas ...he is around 3.5 euros and imho his hairline work is excellent ...though you cannot go wrong with either of the doctors you are considering ..i don't know where you living..so if you are near to them than that makes sense to choose any of them...

I haven't seen much in terms of temple corners and temple point reconstruction by Freitas, which is why I did not pursue a consult w/ him.

• Valued Contributor
Just now, Calihome1 said:

I haven't seen much in terms of temple corners and temple point reconstruction by Freitas, which is why I did not pursue a consult w/ him.

Oh okay....so now whom you going to ? Actually both of the surgeons you considering are excellent so its really tough to choose from...just go on your gut feeling ...i would say you can choose them in terms of who is better to have conversation with and who is more friendly ...cause on skill level i guess both are same...so check out after care and all those things so that you can be in touch with him personally which is always important and handy 

--> My Thread

2 minutes ago, A_4_Archan said:

Oh okay....so now whom you going to ? Actually both of the surgeons you considering are excellent so its really tough to choose from...just go on your gut feeling ...i would say you can choose them in terms of who is better to have conversation with and who is more friendly ...cause on skill level i guess both are same...so check out after care and all those things so that you can be in touch with him personally which is always important and handy 

I'm leaning a little more towards Pinto right now, but, it's so close.  @Harry Bosch temple result w/ Pinto might be the difference maker for me.

• Valued Contributor
1 minute ago, Calihome1 said:

I'm leaning a little more towards Pinto right now, but, it's so close.  @Harry Bosch temple result w/ Pinto might be the difference maker for me.

Oh okay...will look at the results of harry bosch for sure...i have already seen results from pinto and imo he is excellent...he charges 3.5 euros ?

--> My Thread

1 minute ago, A_4_Archan said:

Oh okay...will look at the results of harry bosch for sure...i have already seen results from pinto and imo he is excellent...he charges 3.5 euros ?

Ya, 3.5.  I kind of feel the communication w/ the rep Emilio was great.  Back n forth via whatsapp answering tons of questions whereas Ferreira it's been 1-2 emails.

• Administrators

@Calihome1

They’re both excellent surgeons. From my conversation with Dr. Pinto, he seems to be very hands-on, like a European Konior. I would start looking up their reviews here on HRN and the Spanish forum. Reach out to past patients. 

The obvious one would be @JDEE0 for Pinto and @Rolandas for Ferreira. 

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

• Valued Contributor
6 minutes ago, Calihome1 said:

Ya, 3.5.  I kind of feel the communication w/ the rep Emilio was great.  Back n forth via whatsapp answering tons of questions whereas Ferreira it's been 1-2 emails.

Thn i would put my weight behind dr pinto ...go for him...

--> My Thread

1 minute ago, Melvin- Moderator said:

@Calihome1

They’re both excellent surgeons. From my conversation with Dr. Pinto, he seems to be very hands-on, like a European Konior. I would start looking up their reviews here on HRN and the Spanish forum. Reach out to past patients. 

The obvious one would be @JDEE0 for Pinto and @Rolandas for Ferreira. 

Thx.  Yes, I've seen those results.

• Like 1

Just now, LostAndFound said:

I’ve been looking into these two. Wondering what your current thoughts are?

It’s so difficult.  I had a better, more detailed consult with Pintos rep Emilio, but, it did seem a little more conservative than Ferreiras when it came to temples.

@Harry Bosch has a great result with Pinto and there are a bunch of great Ferreira results, but, 1 bad one I saw with him as well.

Ferreira seems to have a larger body of work here on HRN.

It’s super tough

• Administrators
20 hours ago, Calihome1 said:

It’s so difficult.  I had a better, more detailed consult with Pintos rep Emilio, but, it did seem a little more conservative than Ferreiras when it came to temples.

@Harry Bosch has a great result with Pinto and there are a bunch of great Ferreira results, but, 1 bad one I saw with him as well.

Ferreira seems to have a larger body of work here on HRN.

It’s super tough

Search beyond our platform. Look at the Spanish forum where there might be more equal reviews. 

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

View my thread

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

I can't comment anything on Pinto. but I had 2 surgeries with Ferreira. 
When I was there, I was very satisfied with overall process and him adressing my needs.
I liked that he doesn't just say yes to everything or saying no to everything, but actually giving his professional opinion and the reason why he thinks it might sense to do it a certain way.
At the same time, he respects your wishes, as we have seen with @Sitries1 chasing for symmetry and perfection.

Not sure if this helped because one might say that's what most surgeons would do and I never had interactions with other surgeons, but hearing about hairmill experiences online and even from friends, I felt like I was in good hands with Dr. Ferreira and I was very comfortable and not afraid at all.

• Like 1

• Administrators
8 minutes ago, Calihome1 said:

Do you have a link?

We don’t allow links. But you can google recuperar tu pelo. I’m saying this as an objective third party. Searching multiple platforms is a good thing. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

View my thread

5 hours ago, Calihome1 said:

Ok well just realized another big difference between the 2.

Pinto offers a refund of your deposit if cancelled  2 months prior to date

Ferreira non-refundable

That's a plus for Pinto, although I wouldn't say it should be a deciding factor when you really want to go through with it. Most important would be the kind of result you would like to have.

And looking at the doctors you're choosing you might want to pull the trigger sooner rather than later. I don't want to put FOMO into you, but those guys have a long waiting list that's getting bigger by each day. 

5 hours ago, Renegade said:

That's a plus for Pinto, although I wouldn't say it should be a deciding factor when you really want to go through with it. Most important would be the kind of result you would like to have.

And looking at the doctors you're choosing you might want to pull the trigger sooner rather than later. I don't want to put FOMO into you, but those guys have a long waiting list that's getting bigger by each day. 

I know, but, it's a consideration since I have a tenuous marital situation which requires constant schedule modification.  So, having a flexible schedule is worth something to me.

On 4/17/2023 at 6:21 PM, Calihome1 said:

Ferreira:

Took much longer, only 1 email (so far) w/ no price included for some reason.

Also; no dates offered in the initial consult reply.  Keep in mind I just got the email this morning.

Seemed more flexible on tackling the temples and temple points.

Mentioned a couple of times I may need a 2nd touch-up surgery

Strange thing to say. Was there any particular reason he would mention the possibility of a touch up surgery?

2 minutes ago, ML488 said:

Strange thing to say. Was there any particular reason he would mention the possibility of a touch up surgery?

When I asked this was the response:

A second surgery, or a touch-up, is a very common thing among hair transplants. It may not be necessary, but Dr. Ferreira likes to be transparent and emphasize the possibility so that you may be expecting it. 

On 4/27/2023 at 8:38 PM, ML488 said:

It did bother me a little when I heard this.  It actually originated in the initial treatment plan, here was the exact verbiage:

I agree that a more fitting hairline (with the accompanying temporal peaks) could be had, so we can work on that. This does create the possibility of needing a second surgery to touch up on it as we’ll be creating it from scratch. 

8 hours ago, Calihome1 said:

It did bother me a little when I heard this.  It actually originated in the initial treatment plan, here was the exact verbiage:

I agree that a more fitting hairline (with the accompanying temporal peaks) could be had, so we can work on that. This does create the possibility of needing a second surgery to touch up on it as we’ll be creating it from scratch. 

Thanks for sharing. I kind of see where he's coming from in the sense that you can only create so much density in one pass on a completely bald scalp. If it were your crown where you can get away with just having "coverage" then it's different and could be ok, but at the hairline area you really want things to be perfect. So, when you are talking about creating a completely new hairline on a completely bald scalp as opposed to let's say just filling in the corners or adding density on an already existing thinned out hairline, the chances of getting the best density is probably 50/50. I'm still not a huge fan of mentioning a second surgery like it's just waltz in the park, but I guess it is the harsh reality of the hair transplant game when it comes to a case like this. 

• Like 1