Pinto vs Ferreira

3 hours ago, ML488 said:

Thanks for sharing. I kind of see where he's coming from in the sense that you can only create so much density in one pass on a completely bald scalp. If it were your crown where you can get away with just having "coverage" then it's different and could be ok, but at the hairline area you really want things to be perfect. So, when you are talking about creating a completely new hairline on a completely bald scalp as opposed to let's say just filling in the corners or adding density on an already existing thinned out hairline, the chances of getting the best density is probably 50/50. I'm still not a huge fan of mentioning a second surgery like it's just waltz in the park, but I guess it is the harsh reality of the hair transplant game when it comes to a case like this. 

I agree on this post, Ferreira also mentioned touch up surgery with me.

I guess it's just honest communication. He sets the bar to reality rather than promising you the perfect celebrity hairline right of the go after the first HT

• 8 months later...
On 4/12/2023 at 10:52 PM, Calihome1 said:

I've narrowed my search down to Pinto and Ferreira.  I originally was going to go with Pinto, but, at the last minute a consult opened up with Ferreira and I jumped on it.

Looking for around 2500-2800 grafts to lower hairline a bit (0.5cm), fill in temples and bring corners forward 1cm, and densify my frontal third.  I think I am a good candidate w/ above avg donor, age 42 and stabilized loss for 15+ yrs; also on fin daily.  Have thickish, wavy hair which I think is a plus as well.

Both doctors have results that have blown me away, and I am somewhat critical when it comes to temple corners as face framing is exceedingly important.  

Pricing is not an issue w/ either of them, same w/ geography.  Waiting to see what schedule Ferreira offers, but, Pinto would be in about 11 mos or sooner.  So, that's not really an issue either.

Any input is appreciated before my final decision is made.

Hello Calihome1! I'm curious if you made a choice yet? I'm in a similiar situation and would love to hear your thoughts! :)

3 hours ago, Rickard_c said:

Hello Calihome1! I'm curious if you made a choice yet? I'm in a similiar situation and would love to hear your thoughts! :)

I didn’t.

Pinto was too conservative on what I wanted and while Ferreira was more in line, around the same time I saw a not so satisfactory temple result from him.

So I held off 

18 hours ago, Calihome1 said:

I didn’t.

Pinto was too conservative on what I wanted and while Ferreira was more in line, around the same time I saw a not so satisfactory temple result from him.

So I held off 

I see! Thank you for your reply. Did you find any other interestning surgeons?