Pinto vs Ferreira

I've narrowed my search down to Pinto and Ferreira.  I originally was going to go with Pinto, but, at the last minute a consult opened up with Ferreira and I jumped on it.

Looking for around 2500-2800 grafts to lower hairline a bit (0.5cm), fill in temples and bring corners forward 1cm, and densify my frontal third.  I think I am a good candidate w/ above avg donor, age 42 and stabilized loss for 15+ yrs; also on fin daily.  Have thickish, wavy hair which I think is a plus as well.

Both doctors have results that have blown me away, and I am somewhat critical when it comes to temple corners as face framing is exceedingly important.  

Pricing is not an issue w/ either of them, same w/ geography.  Waiting to see what schedule Ferreira offers, but, Pinto would be in about 11 mos or sooner.  So, that's not really an issue either.

Any input is appreciated before my final decision is made.

Their aesthetics are a bit different. Ferreira loves those angular and acute temple points, almost along the lines of what you see with Eugenix though not so sharp. Pinto is a little softer at his points and tends to be more conservative overall. Not as cautious as Lorenzo but certainly seems to stay a bit higher.

Both have great track records and strong yields (ie. about 90% of their cases seem to turn out well on recuperar).

It's really a matter of personal preference/aesthetics.

2 hours ago, consequence said:

Their aesthetics are a bit different. Ferreira loves those angular and acute temple points, almost along the lines of what you see with Eugenix though not so sharp. Pinto is a little softer at his points and tends to be more conservative overall. Not as cautious as Lorenzo but certainly seems to stay a bit higher.

Both have great track records and strong yields (ie. about 90% of their cases seem to turn out well on recuperar).

It's really a matter of personal preference/aesthetics.

I definitely felt the conservative approach on my consult with Pinto.  So i’ll probably need to push ita little during the design phase.  

But @Harry Bosch sharp temples are what pushed me to get a Pinto consult.  I loved the angles and what I’m looking for.

Edited by Calihome1

I think if you come in with a strong opinion on how you want your hairline/corners/temples, and you're not being unrealistic, then Pinto will do that for you. I think the conservative stuff you see from him is just his tendency to go "natural" when people come in without a specific design in their head. This was basically me, Pinto drew a hairline on me and I was just like "yep that works" without giving it a ton of scrutiny. During the initial growth phase, I started to have regrets thinking I should've pushed him to be more aggressive and symmetrical. Now that my hair has grown in AND has some length to it, I see that his eye for what would look good on me was actually perfect.

Edited by shadowcast

2 hours ago, shadowcast said:

I think if you come in with a strong opinion on how you want your hairline/corners/temples, and you're not being unrealistic, then Pinto will do that for you. I think the conservative stuff you see from him is just his tendency to go "natural" when people come in without a specific design in their head. This was basically me, Pinto drew a hairline on me and I was just like "yep that works" without giving it a ton of scrutiny. During the initial growth phase, I started to have regrets thinking I should've pushed him to be more aggressive and symmetrical. Now that my hair has grown in AND has some length to it, I see that his eye for what would look good on me was actually perfect.

Very helpful, thanks

On 4/14/2023 at 12:49 PM, LostAndFound said:

Hi Calihome,

im also looking at these surgeons and wanted to ask you what they are charging per graft these days? Did you manage to get a consult with Ferreira?

I got my consult done w/ Ferreira, but, he didn't quote me a price yet.  As previously mentioned Pinto is 3.5 euros.

Both consider me to be a strong candidate based on my age, donor supply, meds history and current state.

Pinto: 

Lots of communication back n forth w/ the Rep (Emilio) via what's app.  Explanation on why and drawing of potential hairlines.  

Much quicker on review and included a price w/ dates available.

More conservative on the shape, wanted to leave the temple points alone.

Included pics of front and side w/ prospective new hairline drawn.

Ferreira:

Took much longer, only 1 email (so far) w/ no price included for some reason.

Also; no dates offered in the initial consult reply.  Keep in mind I just got the email this morning.

Seemed more flexible on tackling the temples and temple points.

Mentioned a couple of times I may need a 2nd touch-up surgery, while Pinto never brought that up.

No pics of prospective hairline drawn.

I am at the end of the Pinto consult and just got initial word back from Ferreira, so, I am unsure if the engagement will continue w/ Ferreira for Q&A or this is it?  The rep for Pinto (Emilio) was excellent in all his explanations throughout, I am just concerned about the rigidity when it came to talking about the temples.  That is a huge face framing issue for me and something I want to have addressed.