Xyon Topical Dustasteride

FinallyHT

No labs ever taken. 

Oral fin lost about 40 perfect of its effectiveness overtime. 

I use pomade everyday. I rub the top dut on my scalp then apply pomade. But the pomaded I don’t think interferes as most it goes on the hair and doesn’t touch the scalp. 

I hope top dut works! In either case, I’m also concerned about the cost. $387 every three months is a lot. I’m thinking about doing oral dut, once a week down the road. 

Edited by FinallyHT
  • Like 1

Hairloss began at age 23. 

Oral Finasteride 1mg daily since 2006, Topical Minoxidil since 2012. Hair transplant 3,400 grafts 2019. Second hair transplant 2,400 grafts in 2023. 

• Administrators
59 minutes ago, FinallyHT said:

No labs ever taken. 

Oral fin lost about 40 perfect of its effectiveness overtime. 

I use pomade everyday. I rub the top dut on my scalp then apply pomade. But the pomaded I don’t think interferes as most it goes on the hair and doesn’t touch the scalp. 

I hope top dut works! In either case, I’m also concerned about the cost. $387 every three months is a lot. I’m thinking about doing oral dut, once a week down the road. 

Great, I’ve been worried about using pomade. I think oral dut at this point would be overkill. Unless you’re using it to stretch out the topical. 

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

4 hours ago, ALittelTeal said:

I had rather immediate sides from oral fin and have had none so far with Xyon Dut after 5+ weeks. Will take follow up labs in a few weeks.

happy to hear you are side effect free. yes, do let us know the labwork.

from your knowledge, how many other forum members be it this forum or others have you heard being side effect free on xyon dut but having sides on fin in any form?

38 minutes ago, 12345 said:

happy to hear you are side effect free. yes, do let us know the labwork.

from your knowledge, how many other forum members be it this forum or others have you heard being side effect free on xyon dut but having sides on fin in any form?

Outside of Melvin and myself, I feel like I’ve seen a handful of others but not many. Maybe 3-4 on these forums. Xyon Dut is still in its early innings though right? 

• Administrators
Just now, ALittelTeal said:

Outside of Melvin and myself, I feel like I’ve seen a handful of others but not many. Maybe 3-4 on these forums. Xyon Dut is still in its early innings though right? 

So far, me, you @TorontoMan are the only ones I know using dutasteride. @arthurSam took Farmacia Parati topical dut, which is similar. But he only took one dose from what I understand.

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

View my thread

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

3 minutes ago, Melvin- Moderator said:

So far, me, you @TorontoMan are the only ones I know using dutasteride. @arthurSam took Farmacia Parati topical dut, which is similar. But he only took one dose from what I understand.

For whatever it’s worth, I was someone who was scared to death of trying any topical and swore them off until you started posting about your early success with Xyon Fin. So I made the leap shortly after that. Maybe there are other lurkers on here and  we can get a larger sample size to judge from. But until then, fingers crossed that it keeps working for me (using it every other day for now)

• Like 1

• Administrators
14 minutes ago, ALittelTeal said:

For whatever it’s worth, I was someone who was scared to death of trying any topical and swore them off until you started posting about your early success with Xyon Fin. So I made the leap shortly after that. Maybe there are other lurkers on here and  we can get a larger sample size to judge from. But until then, fingers crossed that it keeps working for me (using it every other day for now)

I was in a similar position. I was honestly terrified of trying Xyon’s finasteride because some reported sides. But I was fairly confident with their dutasteride given previous reports of other topicals. I’m glad I took the leap. Indeed, hopefully many more share their experiences here, whether good or bad, we need the data.

View my thread

1 hour ago, Melvin- Moderator said:

I was in a similar position. I was honestly terrified of trying Xyon’s finasteride because some reported sides. But I was fairly confident with their dutasteride given previous reports of other topicals. I’m glad I took the leap. Indeed, hopefully many more share their experiences here, whether good or bad, we need the data.

What happened to your Xyon thread you started ? I don’t find it anymore 

• Administrators
15 minutes ago, Smacias15 said:

What happened to your Xyon thread you started ? I don’t find it anymore 

View my thread

• 3 weeks later...

Here is month 3.  Wet hair photos. Last two photos were taken in December before using top dut. 

5C813F6F-DC73-492E-BD6F-EB8C36A0296E.jpeg

CA312BEC-D67B-4A2A-AABA-B1A2E973E234.jpeg

CB86E74F-2F54-4E98-BA1F-3C1445F4F6D2.jpeg

25EBF8CF-1380-440A-936C-7256D11BDF3F.jpeg

• Like 1

Oral Finasteride 1mg daily since 2006, Topical Minoxidil since 2012. Hair transplant 3,400 grafts 2019. Second hair transplant 2,400 grafts in 2023. 

• Administrators

When you compare the December photos were not under harsh lighting, and your hair was damp not fully wet. I think the crown has improved immensely. Interested to hear what others think.

View my thread

And dry photos. Top photo is from January 1st.  Bottom is two days ago.  

45A215A0-FE20-4F31-8244-812203801B16.jpeg

C77C032B-5777-4186-B07E-4C023EA06D59.jpeg

I’m hoping for more in the next three months. It could be better. 

I’d like to get others thoughts on the results 3 months in. 

• Administrators

In these photos I can see a big difference for 3 months. The overall density looks improved as well.

D87F52CC-8C74-44DD-A33C-42B5F0684FAA.jpeg

View my thread

I'm sure others will pitch in but to get an objective opinion you need to try and take the photos in the same location with the same lighting. If you look at the comparison Melvin posted we see much more light in the 1st photo, even to the point it looks like you have a different hair color. Additionally, in the 1st photo, you have tilted your head so the crown is fully exposed. In photo 2, less tilt, and less crown.

Easily corrected and you should be able to get a better appraisal of your progress. 3 months is still early days so if you afford the cost, it would be interesting to see how you get on by month 6.

Have a look at this thread for more info.

image.png.c7363476bef7f1bfb211a0259239db03.png

• 2 weeks later...

After further review, I believe it’s the lighting that make my hair seem better. However, I do know the following-

1. The medication has stopped shedding that would naturally happen every day. I no longer shed 30 hairs a day. Only 3 hairs. 

2. I do believe I lost hairs from the start of the use of the medication. They have not grown back. It’s like the medication knocked out a bunch of weak hairs. It’s been 3.5 months of use. I hope I will regrow new hairs.  

When do hairs grow back after shedding??

• 2 weeks later...

A few days of the short 4 month mark: Reduced hair fall out, no sides, but I feel that I have less hair than prior to using the medication.  

I'm guessing the hairs that shed at the start of the use of the medication are yet to grow back. 

On 4/18/2023 at 6:02 PM, NikosHair said:

I'm sure others will pitch in but to get an objective opinion you need to try and take the photos in the same location with the same lighting. If you look at the comparison Melvin posted we see much more light in the 1st photo, even to the point it looks like you have a different hair color. Additionally, in the 1st photo, you have tilted your head so the crown is fully exposed. In photo 2, less tilt, and less crown.

Easily corrected and you should be able to get a better appraisal of your progress. 3 months is still early days so if you afford the cost, it would be interesting to see how you get on by month 6.

Have a look at this thread for more info.

image.png.c7363476bef7f1bfb211a0259239db03.png

Yup.

I always thought the lighting made interpretation of the Eucapil study very difficult. Hard to know if any difference was just due to poor lighting in the after pic.

• 1 month later...

5.5 months in. 

thoughts? Something has happened to my hair. I feel like the hair is resetting. 

first photo is feb. second is today. Same locations/same lighting. 

226F0418-0CDA-40B5-B896-6EC78459D69E.jpeg

37D59862-4272-45D7-BDD6-E06B9F587E50.png

Note more photo from today. 

8BC797BE-EBE1-4E1F-B0D8-7E316A827245.jpeg