My XYON Dutasteride Journey

bobbleboy

• Administrators
4 hours ago, ALittelTeal said:

Just had my bloodwork done and waiting for it back before starting on Xyon. Is there any real argument for starting with Xyon Finasteride instead of Xyon Dutasteride? 

Not really, it’s a little cheaper. But in terms of serum DHT reduction. Dutasteride reduces systemic DHT 3x less than finasteride. So anyone worried about sides would probably rather be on the dutasteride.

It sounds counterintuitive to recommend the stronger drug. But because the siloxysytem gel and the molecule weight, Dutasteride barely absorbs systemically. That said, I’ve used the topical fin for a month with no sides. 

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

My doctor say that it is because there is systemic that the topical drug work... so topical fina is better that topical duta because it reduce more dht... and this explain why oral fina give better result than topical fina...

He say that topical duta have no interest because it is same thing as reduce percentage of topical fina...

What do you think about this ?

Edited by arthurSam

Minoxidil : 5% topical 1ml/day
Follicular androgen receptor inhibitor : {Fluridil + CosmeRNA}
Exosome Mesotherapy 1mm (See here for explanations & results) :
ASCE+ HRLV

• Administrators
12 minutes ago, arthurSam said:

My doctor say that it is because there is systemic that the topical drug work... so topical fina is better that topical duta because it reduce more dht... and this explain why oral fina give better result than topical fina...

He say that topical duta have no interest because it is same thing as reduce percentage of topical fina...

What do you think about this ?

I don’t believe that’s true, dutasteride inhibits both types of DHT. The DHT that effects hair. You don’t have to reduce systemic DHT to reduce DHT on the scalp. Up to this point, there hasn’t been an option like topical dutasteride. That thinking is old school and outdated. It’s like saying, “if you’re not getting side effects, it isn’t working.” Nonsense.

• Like 1

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

View my thread

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

2 week update! Sorry for the inconsistent lighting.
Anyhow, this is 4 doses, as I've been doing twice a week, Mon and Fri. 
It would appear there is already significant shedding. Guessing that's normal for only 2 weeks? Can't remember when I had it while using oral. 

@Melvin- ModeratorI couldn't figure out how to edit OP to keep this updates in one block of the thread. Is that a thing?

IMG-0441.jpg

IMG-0442.jpg

• Administrators
7 minutes ago, bobbleboy said:

2 week update! Sorry for the inconsistent lighting.
Anyhow, this is 4 doses, as I've been doing twice a week, Mon and Fri. 
It would appear there is already significant shedding. Guessing that's normal for only 2 weeks? Can't remember when I had it while using oral. 

@Melvin- ModeratorI couldn't figure out how to edit OP to keep this updates in one block of the thread. Is that a thing?

IMG-0441.jpg

IMG-0442.jpg

Your experiencing shedding? I haven’t experienced any, I’m also thinking of bumping it to 2x per week next week. What do you need edited? I’ll do it for you.  Our problem area is almost identical.

View my thread

Just now, Melvin- Moderator said:

Your experiencing shedding? I haven’t experienced any, I’m also thinking of bumping it to 2x per week next week. What do you need edited? I’ll do it for you.  Our problem area is almost identical.

I haven't noticed a ton of hair on pillows or anything, but my crown APPEARS thinner. So, not certain about shedding. 

I was just going to edit the OP with each update, so it's a chronological update in one post. 

• 3 months later...

5 months in and feeling, honestly, discouraged. My crown seems MUCH thinner than when I started. First photo is from March which was about 6 weeks in, second is from today. 

I’ve been taking the XYON Dut twice a week, Monday and Wednesday. 
Curious about everyone’s thoughts. 

IMG_0862.jpeg

IMG_2339.jpeg

3 hours ago, bobbleboy said:

5 months in and feeling, honestly, discouraged. My crown seems MUCH thinner than when I started. First photo is from March which was about 6 weeks in, second is from today. 

I’ve been taking the XYON Dut twice a week, Monday and Wednesday. 
Curious about everyone’s thoughts. 

IMG_0862.jpeg

IMG_2339.jpeg

your crown is in the shade in the first pic and strong light in the second. Either way it's probably worth trying to apply more frequently

• Like 1

thanks for being brave and documenting your journey with us. 

I guess like yourself I would have expected more improvement at almost the 6 month mark.

you are using a high percent dut (2%) so I doubt its the concentration thats the problem.

If you are side effect free now, i dont think increasing the weekly dosage is your best bet.

I am sure Melvin can chime and give his thoughts and suggestions since he is also a xyon user, and has the most connections with company in terms of possible suggestions.

• Administrators

What were you taking prior? It’s hard to judge the pictures are taken in different lighting. I doubt its worse, but doesn’t look improved. The suggested dose is daily. The thing with xyon that is double edged sword in my opinion is that it absorbs very slowly. This means if you wash your hair out within 24 hours, it might not be absorbing enough to make a difference. 

View my thread

• Administrators
1 hour ago, 12345 said:

melvin, how many times a week are u using xyon? 2?

I use it 3-4x per week. I don’t wash my hair on the days I apply it. 

View my thread

I am 2 weeks shy of 5 months. No results. But there was shedding for use of the top dut. 

Hairloss began at age 23. 

Oral Finasteride 1mg daily since 2006, Topical Minoxidil since 2012. Hair transplant 3,400 grafts 2019. Second hair transplant 2,400 grafts in 2023. 

54 minutes ago, FinallyHT said:

I am 2 weeks shy of 5 months. No results. But there was shedding for use of the top dut. 

would you consider it a bust at this point?

I’ll say it’s a disappointment. But let’s give 2-4 more weeks. 

Hairloss began at age 23. 

Oral Finasteride 1mg daily since 2006, Topical Minoxidil since 2012. Hair transplant 3,400 grafts 2019. Second hair transplant 2,400 grafts in 2023. 

On 6/1/2023 at 10:20 AM, Melvin- Moderator said:

What were you taking prior? It’s hard to judge the pictures are taken in different lighting. I doubt its worse, but doesn’t look improved. The suggested dose is daily. The thing with xyon that is double edged sword in my opinion is that it absorbs very slowly. This means if you wash your hair out within 24 hours, it might not be absorbing enough to make a difference. 

Hey @Melvin- Moderator. I was taking oral .5 MWF after my FUT with Cooley back in 2019. 
Stopped that last feb 2022 when my wife became pregnant, and then started the XYON this past January 2023. 

I have been putting it on in the morning and then washing in the evening, but maybe I should try leaving it on 24 hours. I've been trying to avoid getting it on pillows for my wife's sake as she's still breastfeeding. 
I guess I'll also try 3x week. 

You said you are doing 3-4. Do you alternate days?

Also,for the rest of the gang, I'll try to keep lighting more consistent. I admit the stronger lighting probably isn't helping. Here's a pic from the same day with lighting more consistent with previous photos. 

unnamed.jpg

Edited by bobbleboy

• Administrators
11 minutes ago, bobbleboy said:

Hey @Melvin- Moderator. I was taking oral .5 MWF after my FUT with Cooley back in 2019. 
Stopped that last feb 2022 when my wife became pregnant, and then started the XYON this past January 2023. 

I have been putting it on in the morning and then washing in the evening, but maybe I should try leaving it on 24 hours. I've been trying to avoid getting it on pillows for my wife's sake as she's still breastfeeding. 
I guess I'll also try 3x week. 

You said you are doing 3-4. Do you alternate days?

Also,for the rest of the gang, I'll try to keep lighting more consistent. I admit the stronger lighting probably isn't helping. Here's a pic from the same day with lighting more consistent with previous photos. 

unnamed.jpg

Yea it’s not staying on your scalp long enough. Because of the siloxysystem gel, it penetrates very slowly. If you wash it off in 12 hours, you’re likely only getting 50% absorption. Try to stick with the same regiment but don’t wash it out for 24 hours.

View my thread

4 minutes ago, Melvin- Moderator said:

Yea it’s not staying on your scalp long enough. Because of the siloxysystem gel, it penetrates very slowly. If you wash it off in 12 hours, you’re likely only getting 50% absorption. Try to stick with the same regiment but don’t wash it out for 24 hours.

Sound advice, will do. And I MIGHT consider 3x in a few months. 
You've been on it about the same time as I have. Are you seeing any results?

On 6/2/2023 at 4:32 PM, Melvin- Moderator said:

@Melvin- Moderatorthis question is for you or anyone using XYON. What are you doing to best distribute the gel across all your target area?
I know this has been an ongoing conversation amongst the community. 
I can get my crown pretty well, but I want to try the tuft in front as well but def don't have enough from one pump to cover. 
Since I'm doing only 3 days / week currently, I considered going up to 5 an alternating areas, but I also don't want to have too much systemic as right now I'm not having sides. 

Thoughts?

• 4 weeks later...

Hi all. Ok so I'm going to update the OP as well, but I wanted to kind of "start again" by posting my update photos with consistent lighting AND wet hair (as per @Melvin- Moderator) so here is 6 months in. 

Reminder, I had been doing 2x week since February, and have only been increasing to 3x in the last few weeks. I plan to follow Melvin's lead and by August be up to 5x barring any sides (I sure wish this stuff was a little less expensive)... 

So I'll post another wet hair pic in one month to see if 3-4x makes a difference. 

While we're on the topic, I'm wondering if Melvin or anyone else wants to weigh in on XYON's new shampoo / conditioner product? Anyone using?

IMG-2614.jpg

• Like 1

• Administrators
1 hour ago, bobbleboy said:

Hi all. Ok so I'm going to update the OP as well, but I wanted to kind of "start again" by posting my update photos with consistent lighting AND wet hair (as per @Melvin- Moderator) so here is 6 months in. 

Reminder, I had been doing 2x week since February, and have only been increasing to 3x in the last few weeks. I plan to follow Melvin's lead and by August be up to 5x barring any sides (I sure wish this stuff was a little less expensive)... 

So I'll post another wet hair pic in one month to see if 3-4x makes a difference. 

While we're on the topic, I'm wondering if Melvin or anyone else wants to weigh in on XYON's new shampoo / conditioner product? Anyone using?

IMG-2614.jpg

Yes, I’m using their shampoo. Overall, I think shampoos make a marginal difference but it does smell good and makes my hair feel thicker. It has some herbal DHT blockers like rosemary extract. But I think dutasteride and minoxidil is the meat and potatoes, everything else is sort of complementary.

View my thread

• 2 months later...

UPDATE: ( @Melvin- Moderator let me know if I should be updating the OP. I didn't see an edit option)

2 months now on 3x week MWF of the XYON Dut. 
I might be kidding myself but it APPEARS there might be signs or increased density starting, compared to my previous update in June 28 when I started the new 3x regimen. Am I nuts or does this appear hopeful? 

Here's the June 28 pic first: image.thumb.jpeg.bd8cf862f957fda274fe75cac7be2c73.jpeg

And here's today Sept 4:

image.thumb.jpeg.35ad5558cb783994c6f2802a91aa2412.jpeg

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...

New to the network, been researching for a while. Any update on this? Looking for some new protocols to keep my hair. Oral and topical fin tend to give me sides and I was issued a script for the Topical Dut through Dr Hasson. 

Edited by Victor Marlin