My XYON Dutasteride Journey

bobbleboy

Just got my Dutasteride topical in the mail and started yesterday. I plan to start with 1 pump MWF for the time being and if no sides might move up to daily. 
I'll use this thread to document progress each month. My focus is the crown, and here's where I'm starting.
@Melvin- Moderatordo you happen to know... XYON is saying the subscription costs include the dermatologist consults. I'm wondering if there is or will be an option without those costs when the need for consults lessens? Like, I'm on it in a year, can I reduce my cost and forego dermatologist? 

Anyhow here's the beginning!

unnamed.jpg

• Like 2

• Administrators

As far as I’m aware its $99 per bottle, I believe its a 6 month subscription. I think you can pause the subscription if you don’t need as many bottles per month. I still haven’t received my bottle yet 🙁

• Like 1

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

5 hours ago, Melvin- Moderator said:

As far as I’m aware its $99 per bottle, I believe its a 6 month subscription. I think you can pause the subscription if you don’t need as many bottles per month. I still haven’t received my bottle yet 🙁

@Melvin- Moderatorthe DUT is $129 a bottle. You may've misunderstood my question 🙂 I was more speculating on if XYON might offer a non-consultation cost because after a while I don't imagine we'd need regular consults with dermatologist, and if that cost is rolled in to the the subscription, it'd be nice to have a more affordable option for the long term. 

20 hours ago, BurnieBurns said:

Good luck! Have you previously had side effects on oral?

@BurnieBurnsso it's an interesting question because, yes and no. The entire 3 years I was on it, I didn't notice any side effects. HOWEVER, upon stopping last February, I had a month of ball pain, which, I should mention, my urologist linked more likely to all the pelvic floor / lower back muscle ache I'd been having. Finasteride withdrawal may have exacerbated an already existing pain. Hard to say but it went away after a month. The pelvic floor issue in general is ongoing. 

I just received mine yesterday as well and Im still trying to understand the dosage of it. Xyon recommends daily but it's also a 2% product and given the long half life of dutasteride it seems like an overkill even at 3x a week. I've seen other topical dut products and they seem to only be around 0.1-0.3% at most.

Xyon say in there research paper that weekly usage for duta results are the same than with daily usage. So you can do it !

1662060805_Sanstitre2.thumb.png.0a5ac01c479140ba5835472065eb5ba2.png

2119614465_Sanstitre1.thumb.png.fa0b0b309ff8461df0fce256b73d1f34.png

Edited by arthurSam

Minoxidil : 5% topical 1ml/day
Follicular androgen receptor inhibitor : {Fluridil + CosmeRNA}
Exosome Mesotherapy 1mm (See here for explanations & results) :
ASCE+ HRLV

56 minutes ago, arthurSam said:

Xyon say in there research paper that weekly usage for duta results are the same than with daily usage. So you can do it !

@arthurSamwoah! Well hell, I'm gonna try just once a week too! That'd cut out a HUGE portion of the cost. Thanks for the research!

• Administrators
2 hours ago, arthurSam said:

Where did you get this? Dr. Hasson told me that their results were better with daily use. Can you post the link. 

• Like 1

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

View my thread

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

5 minutes ago, Melvin- Moderator said:

Where did you get this? Dr. Hasson told me that their results were better with daily use. Can you post the link. 

It's on the paper on dudasteride from Xyon pattent page 42:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1gXhQr9R2j6aWfardfqSQB7f42uBvM5Ml/view?usp=share_link

Edited by arthurSam

ASCE+ HRLV

• Administrators
3 hours ago, arthurSam said:

It's on the paper on dudasteride from Xyon pattent page 42:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1gXhQr9R2j6aWfardfqSQB7f42uBvM5Ml/view?usp=share_link

I believe they’ve studied the topical dutasteride a lot longer than when they initially applied for the patent. So this may not be the most up to date information. I know they tried various dosages from once per week, 3x per week, and daily. This was probably their initial studies.

• Like 1

View my thread

2 hours ago, Melvin- Moderator said:

I believe they’ve studied the topical dutasteride a lot longer than when they initially applied for the patent. So this may not be the most up to date information. I know they trier various dosages from once per week, 3x per week, and daily. This was probably their initial studies.

Perhaps but in there website they say that only 7 peoples have been enrolled for fina tests and this is the number in the paper. It weird that if they done other tests they do not speak about it on their website...

Edited by arthurSam

ASCE+ HRLV

• Administrators
1 hour ago, arthurSam said:

Perhaps but in there website they say that only 7 peoples have been enrolled for fina tests and this is the number in the paper. It weird that if they done other tests they do not speak about it on their website...

There are certain laws that prevent them from stating too much on their website, because this is a compounded drug that is not FDA approved for hair loss. They have to get everything cleared by lawyers to make sure it’s compliant before posting publicly. I will get more information on this.

View my thread

12 hours ago, Melvin- Moderator said:

There are certain laws that prevent them from stating too much on their website, because this is a compounded drug that is not FDA approved for hair loss. They have to get everything cleared by lawyers to make sure it’s compliant before posting publicly. I will get more information on this.

Ho ! yes thanks you very much if you could get more information about the 1x/day or/and 1x/week result protocol 🙂

In the paper they just say good result with 1x/week but publish no technical data (no data on DHT in serum etc..) in contrary to the 1x/day protocol for which we got all data. And the number of people was not the same too (10 for 1x/day and 2 for 1x/week)

Edited by arthurSam

ASCE+ HRLV

• Administrators
4 hours ago, arthurSam said:

Ho ! yes thanks you very much if you could get more information about the 1x/day or/and 1x/week result protocol 🙂

In the paper they just say good result with 1x/week but publish no technical data (no data on DHT in serum etc..) in contrary to the 1x/day protocol for which we got all data. And the number of people was not the same too (10 for 1x/day and 2 for 1x/week)

The paper actually says once a day dosing. 
DE52D9CF-49AD-4CA5-A011-8C5B41F77721.jpeg

View my thread

• Administrators
15 minutes ago, arthurSam said:

Yes but there is another experiment with 1x week dosing in the paper

But the daily use study showed negligible changes in DHT serum. Three subjects even went up slightly in DHT. Why would you change it to 1x per week when daily use doesn’t affect serum DHT levels? 

View my thread

I think sides can be less aggressive... but it is psychological perhaps !

ASCE+ HRLV

Sure that ed is better but as I got sides from 0.01% standard alcohol topical fina I am a little scared with ed topical duta even with xyon liposomal gel... and as they say it works 1x a week I think it is better for me

• Like 1

ASCE+ HRLV

Just now, arthurSam said:

Sure that ed is better but as I got sides from 0.01% standard alcohol topical fina I am a little scared with ed topical duta even with xyon liposomal gel... and as they say it works 1x a week I think it is better for me

yea I'm gonna start there too. Better for the wallet too! Hope it works out for both of us 🙂

• Thanks 1

• Administrators
7 minutes ago, bobbleboy said:

Ok @Melvin- Moderator and @arthurSam, is the consensus that once a day is better? What is half-life of topical DUT? 

Based on what I was told by Dr. Hasson, the results were better using it daily. Plus, the difference in DHT levels were very low. I think the prudent thing would be to start off on 1x per week, then gradually build up to daily use.  You could also do one month 1x per week and another month daily. That would be an interesting experiment, to see if there is any difference.

• Like 1

View my thread

9 minutes ago, Melvin- Moderator said:

Based on what I was told by Dr. Hasson, the results were better using it daily. Plus, the difference in DHT levels were very low. I think the prudent thing would be to start off on 1x per week, then gradually build up to daily use.  You could also do one month 1x per week and another month daily. That would be an interesting experiment, to see if there is any difference.

That's my thinking as well. 

• Like 1