Dr Zarev 11,941 grafts. 1st procedure 8,321, 2nd procedure 3,620

mtb

17 hours ago, Xanadu said:

second procedure for what? Please point us to the weak spots - they are hard to find ;)

14 hours ago, MaximusEastwood said:

Looking great! Do you mind also sharing some photos with your head facing down, so we can see it from the top? 

I have to send Dr. Zarev my 7 month photos next week. I'll post those here as well.

6 hours ago, mr_peanutbutter said:

you dont need a second procedure

hairloss is officially cured for people who are not norwood 7 and can afford to go to dr.zarev

It'll be for density. Under intense direct light, like my barber's chair or the sun, it is thinner through the hairline. Also, the crown will need a little bit. First procedure was 8,300 grafts. This one will only be 2k-ish

6 hours ago, mr_peanutbutter said:

other surgeons need to step up … i really wonder what dr zarev and@DrMunibAhmad are doing different and why others cant replicate it (yet)

I'm feeling that way myself. Not sure why other surgeons aren't able to replicate.

4 hours ago, UKLad81 said:

Unbelievable result! Zarev is definitely top notch and has done wonders with your case. Well done in selecting and also getting a date with him! Lol! Guys wait list is crazy. I managed to get in touch with his office and his current wait time for a consult is 2026 eek. 

My first contact to in-person consult was May '21-Dec '21, so 7 months. Then consult to procedure was Dec '21-Jan '23, so 13 months. 3 years til consult is just crazy. I feel very fortunate.

• Administrators

@mtb time to change your name to MVP 🏆 your results are amazing.

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

On 8/9/2023 at 7:42 PM, mtb said:

I have to send Dr. Zarev my 7 month photos next week. I'll post those here as well.

It'll be for density. Under intense direct light, like my barber's chair or the sun, it is thinner through the hairline. Also, the crown will need a little bit. First procedure was 8,300 grafts. This one will only be 2k-ish

I'm feeling that way myself. Not sure why other surgeons aren't able to replicate.

My first contact to in-person consult was May '21-Dec '21, so 7 months. Then consult to procedure was Dec '21-Jan '23, so 13 months. 3 years til consult is just crazy. I feel very fortunate.

Your results look great. I'm very happy for you. 

Edited by Xanadu

On 8/9/2023 at 1:14 AM, mtb said:

Just had my first real hair cut. My stylist of 10 years was stunned. She ran out and grabbed her colleague to show him. Feeling fortunate. Don’t want to sound ungrateful but I barely even think about it anymore.

Maybe it’s too long to notice if there’s scarring but I don’t see any scarring. Two months of this and then time for my second procedure. 

13DBE479-49C9-40ED-89CB-0FE6992FF8C1.jpeg

7669F07A-0D65-4F3E-B278-4BDB3142C331.jpeg

893DE524-84EC-4F72-80F9-3DC46AC73DA5.jpeg

6FBB58A3-8097-4989-AB54-6FD2A1499D9E.jpeg

D52BFA38-9A55-46A3-8BA6-1511C650C3FF.jpeg

Bro you look like Ryan Gosling ! Huge congrats ! Really amazing job from Dr Zarev !

• Like 1

Amazing results man!

Do you have pictures of the consultation hairline he drew to estimate the results? I had a consultation in January and paid my deposit. Or if you don't mind dm-ing if you prefer as it's not letting me message due to account age.

Thanks much!

Thats amazing. 

He done an amazing job on the lower part of the crown. Hairline is complete

You could definetly not get a 2nd surgery if you wanted

But looks like you plenty donor left

I would guess maybe even 6k left it you kept sides short.

• Administrators

I’m not joking when I say you’ve lost at least 20 years! Holy 🤯 

34E800A6-AD51-4192-B94D-27D7FF1A410B.jpeg

Im gonna be doing a podcast with Dr. Zarev, hopefully I can discuss your case with him.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 3

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

View my thread

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Looks so good! Just curious - does the transplanted hair stick up naturally? Or is that from styling? I'm finding after about ~7months my transplanted hair is still kinda wispy and tends to stick up without any styling, so curious if that's the case for you as well 

Hi @mtb, Congratulations on your surgery with DR. Zarev and for having an impressive result! Hugo and you have been very helpful to this forum for posting and sharing your experiences with us. 

In your previous comments,  you mentioned you're going to have the 2nd HT this coming October? Does he have an option to stay in his new clinic/hotel if you are not from Bulgaria? 

On 8/18/2023 at 4:14 PM, hairman22 said:

Thats amazing. 

He done an amazing job on the lower part of the crown. Hairline is complete

You could definetly not get a 2nd surgery if you wanted

But looks like you plenty donor left

I would guess maybe even 6k left it you kept sides short.

Yeah he said 2k if I want to be able to west the slides longer, 4-5k if I keep it really short on the sides forever

On 8/18/2023 at 9:40 PM, Grouse said:

Bro staaahp you’re making me wanna wait 4+ years to get a surgery with Zarev, looks incredible! My hair won’t make it that long 😂

can you remind me - are you on any meds?

Topical min and topical .1% fin. It’s Zarev’s formula. Also, started taking oral fin on my own. 

On 8/19/2023 at 8:48 AM, Melvin- Moderator said:

I’m not joking when I say you’ve lost at least 20 years! Holy 🤯 

34E800A6-AD51-4192-B94D-27D7FF1A410B.jpeg

Im gonna be doing a podcast with Dr. Zarev, hopefully I can discuss your case with him.

Dr Z is a great doctor. 

On 8/20/2023 at 3:27 AM, Andreww said:

@mtb Hi, i'm from Romania also. Can you help get in contact with him?

I’m not from Romania. That was a joke. But I loved visiting Romania though. Just keep calling the main number. 

On 8/20/2023 at 10:35 PM, MaximusEastwood said:

Looks so good! Just curious - does the transplanted hair stick up naturally? Or is that from styling? I'm finding after about ~7months my transplanted hair is still kinda wispy and tends to stick up without any styling, so curious if that's the case for you as well 

Yeah. They stand up. Even without product. 

On 8/25/2023 at 7:23 AM, Mr. Clean said:

Hi @mtb, Congratulations on your surgery with DR. Zarev and for having an impressive result! Hugo and you have been very helpful to this forum for posting and sharing your experiences with us. 

In your previous comments,  you mentioned you're going to have the 2nd HT this coming October? Does he have an option to stay in his new clinic/hotel if you are not from Bulgaria? 

There is a little hotel room he will have upstairs but I’m not sure if it’s finished yet. There’s little hotels in the neighborhood that are a long walk or you can Uber for about $5. 

• Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...

@mtb this result is just straight up insane!! 

If you ever get a bald fade on the sides, or otherwise shave, I'd appreciate a picture of the scars. If Zarev's scars are significantly less visible than other top surgeons, I may be down to wait the 3 - 4 years to see him. 

• Administrators

@mtb

Thought you’d be interested in checking out the podcast I did with Dr. Zarev. Hopefully, there a part two where we break down your case. 

• Like 3

View my thread

18 hours ago, mtb said:

Bout to shave my head in one month. Or, more accurately, Dr Zarev is going to be shaving it. Second procedure coming up. I’ll try to remember to post a pic then. 

Are you going to shave the recipient area or leave it longer how it is?

19 hours ago, Grouse said:

@mtb this result is just straight up insane!! 

If you ever get a bald fade on the sides, or otherwise shave, I'd appreciate a picture of the scars. If Zarev's scars are significantly less visible than other top surgeons, I may be down to wait the 3 - 4 years to see him. 

If you look at the pictures one or two pages back you can see the hair very short on the sides. No visible signs of scarring. Do you anticipate shaving the sides of your head after the transplant? Or what has you worried about the scarring?

17 minutes ago, hairman22 said:

Are you going to shave the recipient area or leave it longer how it is?

Dr. Zarev will want the entire recipient area shaved. The master artist needs a clean canvas. ha

18 hours ago, Melvin- Moderator said:

@mtb

Thought you’d be interested in checking out the podcast I did with Dr. Zarev. Hopefully, there a part two where we break down your case. 

Very interesting. Thank you for sharing. I'm not so surprised that my case wasn't shared because the cases he covered were more extreme than mine. A NW 6 anywhere else is a huge deal but for him it's just another uneventful case. He's showcasing deep NW 7's and repair cases. Quite frankly it's just unfortunate that other surgeons haven't caught up to him yet. Lots of guys definitely wanting his level of expertise.

Edited by mtb
  • Like 3