Is Dr. Linkov any good?

• Valued Contributor

I haven’t seen any of Dr Gary Linkov’s hair transplant results. He seems like a great guy but he is a plastic surgeon. I would be focusing on surgeons who solely perform only hair transplants. Have a look at the recommended surgeons on the forum. You’ll see lots of results by members here. I wish you all the best! 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I think he's got a solid YouTube channel that hits the entertainment/info balance, but for the price he would probably charge, i'd reckon you may wish to go with more trusted hair transplant doctors/clinics. 

I think he's probably still getting embedded and building his reputation but he probably won't be on the recommended list here because he's probably getting enough business off his YouTube stuff. 

• Like 1

• Administrators

He’s a good YouTuber, can’t comment on his results. If you’re not impressed, trust your gut.

• Thanks 1

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

His results are mediocre to say the least and to be honest he doesnt even have a good eye as with a few male celebrities with clear transplants and work done that he has analyzed, all he sees is toppik, different styling etc

• Like 1

Hi,

First of all, I would rather choose a doctor who lives and breaths hair everyday rather than a celebrity who does different body procedures..

Dr. Linkov is a great guy and he is a plastic surgeon who understands what hair transplants should and shouldn't look like whenever he is talking about it on YouTube.

I took a quick look at one of his results on Instagram and it seems clear to me that he knows how to combine density with naturalness

I'm curious to know how he would deal with a Norwood 6 or 7 as most of his results are very small procedures

.... So to answer your question, I think he is ''okay'' but also far from the best compared to the overall options in Europe and Asia

image.png.1890e69fc94e3423cb12fbb77172763f.png

I've talked to him, paid for the consult.  He wasn't a serious consideration for me, but I wanted the input from a doctor who was more conservative for graft counts.

That is the thing that is very important, he even told me directly that he likes doing small surgeries, and doing multiple sessions.  He said he does have enough business (I'm assuming from YouTube) to do hair every day of the week, but he chooses not to do so.  Also even though I expressed interest in FUT he really wanted to push me towards FUE, which just isn't going to happen for me on my first transplant.

Overall, he came across as nice, but very busy, and I'd probably only consider him if I lived in NYC and didn't need to have a big procedure. His rates were comparable with top clinics, so keep that in mind.

As far as we know, he is a really good (ethical) communicator of the plastic surgeon and hair loss industry.

That doesn't mean anything though. As a practitioner we don't have much track record to recommend him here. I would stay away.

An elite top soccer coach training his team, would be one of the worst players in the field. We are comparing apples to oranges here.

• 3 months later...

If a doctor doesn't have countless cases independently posted on popular hair loss forums like this one... than no, he is not good. 

• Like 4

FUE 2400 Grafts (2023) - Dr. Panine; Chicago Hair Transplant Clinic

FUT 1400 Grafts (2019) - Dr. Steven Paul Holt; Holt Hair Restoration/Bella

• Valued Contributor

He is always commenting on transplants of celebs and other such people ....he has gained reputation on youtube just by that...he would be a good doctor and would be possessing good knowledge which he is sharing with his youtube followers but just having good knowledge and a good degree is way different than performing a surgey and geting good outcomes consistently....this is a art and skill which very few surgeon possesses...he don't have enough good results on his website even...and can't find real patient reviews over here or other forums...so kindly have a second thought before going with him...

Check Out My Hair Transplant Journey

--> My Thread

3611 FUE Grafts With Dr Kongkiat Laorwong | Norwood 5 | 2nd May 2023 

17 hours ago, mavigo said:

If a doctor doesn't have countless cases independently posted on popular hair loss forums like this one... than no, he is not good. 

I do not know if Linkov is any good. But I know for a fact that what you are saying is wrong

• Like 1

I’ve been watching linkovs videos, and his information is solid. It is different from the untrained non medical professional. And it’s great that he puts himself out there. 

I think more dr’s should actively put their faces out there and seek to educate. Without education it’s all just propaganda. 

his results however are average at best but he certainly puts out great information. IMO consume the content to better inform yourself and then pick a real hair transplant surgeon 

On 12/15/2022 at 1:03 PM, Gabbck said:

His results are mediocre to say the least and to be honest he doesnt even have a good eye as with a few male celebrities with clear transplants and work done that he has analyzed, all he sees is toppik, different styling etc

Like who? 

On 4/7/2023 at 2:38 AM, Mike10 said:

I do not know if Linkov is any good. But I know for a fact that what you are saying is wrong

If you want to be an insufferable pedant then sure, you could say that he might be a great doctor but have no results visible online.

But in reality when patients have a finite amount of money, time and need to mitigate potential risks no one would ever rationally land on a surgeon that doesn’t have ample results visible online to judge them accurately. Hair transplants are a game of probabilities and patient posted results immediate post op are the gold standard of understanding what those probabilities are. 

Your comment is what happens when someone takes one formal logic class and goes around spotting logic problems without any genuine comprehension of what is actually being said. 

• Like 1

He’s a plastic surgeon and not exclusively a hair transplant surgeon. That alone would leave me uncomfortable. I’d much prefer someone who only focuses on hair day in day out. I’ve not seen too many results however so don’t want to be too critical.

He seems a very ethical Dr and his videos are highly educational, especially for those starting out with their research.

• Valued Contributor

As a plastic surgeon, the amount of energy Dr Linkov spends on making his YouTube videos gives me even more concern to even consider him for a hair transplant. I still stand by my previous comment that he does seem like a really nice guy though. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, JayLDD said:

If you want to be an insufferable pedant then sure, you could say that he might be a great doctor but have no results visible online.

But in reality when patients have a finite amount of money, time and need to mitigate potential risks no one would ever rationally land on a surgeon that doesn’t have ample results visible online to judge them accurately. Hair transplants are a game of probabilities and patient posted results immediate post op are the gold standard of understanding what those probabilities are. 

Your comment is what happens when someone takes one formal logic class and goes around spotting logic problems without any genuine comprehension of what is actually being said. 

Not every good surgeon has ample independant reviews online. That is what I said. And that is correct. 

That was a general comment and I did not recommend having surgery with any Dr.