Dr Rafael De Freitas | 3027 Grafts | 12th and 13th December 2022

drawdownfx

On 6/27/2023 at 6:32 AM, drawdownfx said:

Thank you everyone for the comments. Keep them coming I like the attention xD

Month 6.5 update coming hopefully tonight or tomorrow. I am extremely happy, Dr Freitas has changed my life. 

We are waiting eagerly, sire

On 6/30/2023 at 8:58 PM, Kraki77 said:

I would love to see an update, it seems to me that De Freitas rarely misses, that's one of the reasons why I've also chosen to go with him. And my surgery is scheduled exactly 1 year after yours which makes your case especially intriguing to me. I know that you don't care too much about this forum anymore but you can still make impact with your testimony for others that are waiting for the operation. 

Can you elaborate further about positive changes in your life? Do you think that something could have been done differently during the process or everything went smoothly? 

Interesting to hear that you've left Valencia as soon as possible, what was the feeling on the plane because of the pressure and your still swollen head? 

Would like to hear if doctor checked your donor area by microscope on the day of the surgery and if estimate of graft availability in your donor area was made. How much time did you spend on hairline design before the surgery, is it something that lasts 30 minutes or we are talking about brief discussions where doctor quickly chooses his ideal concept. Would like to hear this tiny important pieces of information, if the distance of the glabella from the hairline is taken into account, for example, was he speaking about frontalis muscle and rule of thirds.

Thank you in advance.

Positive changes as in I don’t feel 50 when I am 28 because of my hairline. My hairline was the worst in my friend group and I always hated that I couldn’t style my hair the way I wanted but now I have the best hair line. When I go barbers I am no longer staring at my hairline in misery. The little things bring so much happiness. I am grateful.

I was going to stay for a few days after but they assured me I would be fine and many people leave the next day. Everything went smoothly, although I’d be lying if I said I wasn’t nervous about bumping my head.

The doctor was brief in the design line up but it’s because when he drew it on I thought it was perfect and I was happy with the line. He didn’t observe with a microscope, he told me I had about 4-5k grafts left. 

He didn’t talk about the muscles and it’s probably because of the language barrier but he did say what he designed will look the most natural and aesthetic. 

My hair transplant Journey with Dr. Freitas

On 7/3/2023 at 3:36 AM, disTressedHairline said:

I'm in consultation with this clinic now, how long was your wait time? Or was it easy to get an appointment? His competitor in Madrid (Cuoto) is always booked (understandably). 

It took around 2 months for reply on consultation and I was initially booked for September 2023, this was June last year. I kept pestering them for cancellations and eventually did get one for December. So total 6 month wait.

Month 7 update 

Apologise for the late one guys but here we are. I am very happy with the result and if this is the end then I am satisfied. I was very worried about the density but it all worked out perfectly. 

if I had to be picky there is a small area in the middle where I wouldn’t mind getting a touch up on to really fill it but apart from that the density is very good. Extremely happy with the temple work as wells Let me know what you guys think! Thank to everyone on the forum and those who helped me out with my questions. I have taken pics with flash and no flash.

3791F454-9714-4729-A0DA-A556B55DB515.jpeg

ED6932C9-2196-44FF-A077-B820C9455DA6.jpeg

BC33A734-B639-40A6-A146-A9603F8415D0.jpeg

8641E5CF-DAD3-4A81-BB0A-1877A90ECBB5.jpeg

19E747EF-E0E9-4DAD-9015-4C58A6BC74ED.jpeg

3EE13322-2323-4BD2-B274-7EDCD72B61A4.jpeg

A235D853-D3A7-467C-B746-F1CB52995097.jpeg

25B603DC-C512-4559-A443-A0ADD09FFAEC.jpeg

552EA099-0B55-4BCB-8219-48207A8D21E7.jpeg

E725FAB4-4E73-4754-B04C-D291AC0EE889.jpeg

699CF7A8-78A5-4EE8-AADC-E08B7782CC50.jpeg

CC689B15-DA4F-495D-AD9E-C35FC1145A81.jpeg

Edited by drawdownfx
  • Like 7

• Valued Contributor

De freitas is a master of natural hairlines and that's reflecting in your case...excellent natural hairline and you will get more density in upcoming months...the hole in the middle can be worked out with a touch up but i think it can fill up in upcoming months so wait for it..you are already on oral minoxidil but you can try applying topical Minoxidil to that hole in the middle and see if it helps you...the area you marked can be worked upon if you want to do side parting ...so wait for 4-5 months and than can do a touch up if the hole do not fill up plus can work on the marked area for side parting after you get final result of this...

Check Out My Hair Transplant Journey

--> My Thread

3611 FUE Grafts With Dr Kongkiat Laorwong | Norwood 5 | 2nd May 2023 

• Administrators

Honestly, I wouldn’t touch the side part. It looks good already.

• Like 1

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

insane for 7 months, and not even done yet. yours looks better than a lot of people past 12 months already

looking good bro

edit: actually, im gonna take a pic of your hairline design from the immediate preop to keser for my own transplant

Edited by formesenlair

• Administrators

This comparison says it all

6F5042EA-E96D-4CC5-879E-F09EC830C8A2.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Well Done 1

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

View my thread

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/11/2023 at 9:11 AM, A_4_Archan said:

De freitas is a master of natural hairlines and that's reflecting in your case...excellent natural hairline and you will get more density in upcoming months...the hole in the middle can be worked out with a touch up but i think it can fill up in upcoming months so wait for it..you are already on oral minoxidil but you can try applying topical Minoxidil to that hole in the middle and see if it helps you...the area you marked can be worked upon if you want to do side parting ...so wait for 4-5 months and than can do a touch up if the hole do not fill up plus can work on the marked area for side parting after you get final result of this...

Just anecdotally, this worked for me, helped regrow temple points i'd destroyed from doing neck exercises for boxing...would definitely recommend!

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Looking good, fantastic growth.

Only thing that De Freitas maybe could consider to change is a little bit less row implant so close to the hair line.

i see this in all of his cases. The results are anyway good, but in my opinion it would be 10/10 with a more irregular implant pattern.IMG_4232.thumb.jpeg.458b767bff62c5b004942d0acdba4e84.jpeg

• Like 4

• Administrators

@goatnole

You’ve bumped three threads now with the same thing. This thread isn’t about placement, it’s about the members journey. If you want to discuss this create your own thread. 

View my thread

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 12/15/2022 at 10:32 PM, drawdownfx said:

Thanks for your comment bro.

you think so? I felt like he was a bit conservative with the temples. If you have a look at the close up he pretty much chose to densify what I already had. I was hoping he could extend it (yellow line) but I wanted to leave it to him to decide and maybe this is better for me in the long term!

225891D0-F5EB-4041-AF18-CC054A1F582B.jpeg

8B1941A2-11C5-4693-8BFD-997E6FF9C93B.jpeg

The temporal peaks look ok. 
The (minor) problem in the frontal-temporal angle (FTA)
De freitas is used to "flat" frontal hairline that are charmy but can appear unnatural.
In fact, when the frontal hairline is flat, the FTA is not correctly placed.
FTA should be placed on the lateral epicantal line (LEL)
In other words, the frontal hairline should stop at LEL.
You could ask to bring forward the upper part of the lateral hairline to re-create the proper Angle.
Without full face pics, I can't say if it is possibile in your case, because the lateral hairline has a natural shape that is related to the ear, the eye and the middle point of the frontal hairline.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...