Dr Rafael De Freitas | 3027 Grafts | 12th and 13th December 2022

drawdownfx

1 hour ago, Vann said:

I like the aggressive yet conservative approach. Those temple points are greedy imo but I think it’s going to be suuuper impactful on your long term symmetry. 

thanks for sharing man and keep up the updates there’s a lot of people here watching this closely.

Thanks for your comment bro.

you think so? I felt like he was a bit conservative with the temples. If you have a look at the close up he pretty much chose to densify what I already had. I was hoping he could extend it (yellow line) but I wanted to leave it to him to decide and maybe this is better for me in the long term!

225891D0-F5EB-4041-AF18-CC054A1F582B.jpeg

8B1941A2-11C5-4693-8BFD-997E6FF9C93B.jpeg

Edited by drawdownfx

My hair transplant Journey with Dr. Freitas

2 hours ago, NARMAK said:

You take that back! Everybody loves chocolate! :D

Great write up and really chuffed for you that everything has gone well so far. Lots of rest, patience and small touch of luck now should see you get a solid result. 

I'm looking forwards to seeing the temple point results as i definitely think they help to cement a solid hairline too. 

Haha thanks brother. Fingers crossed for both of us🤞

6 minutes ago, drawdownfx said:

Thanks man. I know you are eagerly waiting for yours and I hope we both have home runs!

I actually asked them about patients from UK and they said UK is a bit rare. They mainly get patients from Spain, Italy, America and Canada (not 100% sure if she mentioned Canada).

I used an app called "Free Now", that is their version of uber. However on the way to your hotel from the airport I highly recommend getting Valencia travel card. Depending on how long you are going for you can get up to 72H and can use unlimited amount of buses and metros. Once you get your scalp touched though I would only use taxi for transport which is what I did as you want to minimise getting your recipient area bumping into anything.

Likewise brother my hopes the very same and from the looks of things you will be in for a treat fingers crossed!

Is the clinic walkable at least from the hotel? I have seen close to place itself. 

Also for the previous question how did you manage your blood tests since they usually ask you before surgery?

They seem to be quite strict about viral deseases and such so I am not sure where to get them. Perhaps I should be able to get the results from the NHS and forward them to the clinic. 

53 minutes ago, drawdownfx said:

Thanks for your comment bro.

you think so? I felt like he was a bit conservative with the temples. If you have a look at the close up he pretty much chose to densify what I already had. I was hoping he could extend it (yellow line) but I wanted to leave it to him to decide and maybe this is better for me in the long term!

225891D0-F5EB-4041-AF18-CC054A1F582B.jpeg

8B1941A2-11C5-4693-8BFD-997E6FF9C93B.jpeg

No problem man, im happy to share.

I think any type of temple work along with hairline is always aggressive. Despite adding to what you already have, you kind of have to rebuild the temple and most often I think it kills the native (miniaturized hairs) which isnt always a bad thing. But looking at the close up it doesnt look super aggressive. I definitely think this will be worth it once everything grows out.

• Like 1

Follow my first hair transplant journey

3,252 Grafts a minimum of 6,712 hairs June 2022

Great post bro. I’m sure your HT will turn out great. I’m 3 months removed from my HT w/ de Freitas (2400 grafts) and I already have some very promising growth. I’ll be making a post on the forum shortly. Question for u. Did u get the Complidermol supplement he recommends? I never got any. 

Currently just on de Freitas recommended regimen of 

dut .5 mg 2x / week (Monday / Friday)
fin .5 mg  5x / week (the other days)

min 5mg 7x / week

i also take 8mg biotin and some MSM and MAP supps. 

wanted to get on the Complidermol vitamins de Freitas recommends but I think it’s a Spanish vitamin and I never got a hold of any. Did u?

3 hours ago, GioLam said:

Great post bro. I’m sure your HT will turn out great. I’m 3 months removed from my HT w/ de Freitas (2400 grafts) and I already have some very promising growth. I’ll be making a post on the forum shortly. Question for u. Did u get the Complidermol supplement he recommends? I never got any. 

min 5mg 7x / week

wanted to get on the Complidermol vitamins de Freitas recommends but I think it’s a Spanish vitamin and I never got a hold of any. Did u?

seems to be a lot of medication, have you had any sides? bet the boy downstairs hardly moves? Lol 🤣

15 hours ago, TheGreatPretender said:

Likewise brother my hopes the very same and from the looks of things you will be in for a treat fingers crossed!

Is the clinic walkable at least from the hotel? I have seen close to place itself. 

Also for the previous question how did you manage your blood tests since they usually ask you before surgery?

They seem to be quite strict about viral deseases and such so I am not sure where to get them. Perhaps I should be able to get the results from the NHS and forward them to the clinic. 

Thanks bro.  Yeah so it’s about 18 minutes of walk but I don’t recommend walking there as you want to preserve as much energy for your body to be working on the healing.

Sorry I forgot to answer. I did the blood tests with NHS luckily! The GP went back and forth with me on why the heck I’d need to test for aids etc but I explained it was for hair transplant. She told me I will put the request through but not sure if it will be accepted (this was for the hepatitis test and a few others). I was worried I’d have to do them privately but luckily all the appropriate tests were done and came back good. So as long as your gp puts the requests through you will be able to do them for free.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Calihome1 said:

Were you concerned about the language barrier?  Something lost in translation risk...?

Yeah it was a big bummer for me man! I found this out during the consultation in person but I decided to look past it purely based on his brand/reputation and experience.

I do still wish he knew a little bit as I would have loved to dig into his brain a little more during surgery lol.

when he was doing the hairline though he warned me in English “no talking now ok hairline, concentration” to which I replied “good English :D, okay!”

Edited by drawdownfx

15 hours ago, 5BetaReductase said:

Following this thread. I haven’t seen many cases of Freitas doing temple point work so this has peaked my interest. The design looks very good

I had to dig deep into the Spanish forum to find a couple of temple cases. All of them looked natural so I took the leap of faith, especially since he does the implantation. He was also confident in the consultation that he could improve them so that helped. Hopefully they turn out good 🤞

• Like 1

6 hours ago, GioLam said:

min 5mg 7x / week

Hey man! I am so glad to hear, I know we went back and forth in the dm’s so I appreciate your help. 

I am going to be taking exactly the same as you, I start oral minoxidil today at 5mg everyday. Slightly nervous about it but hopefully it’s all good! I was given the exact same dose for finasteride and Dutasteride but since I’ve had no side effects on Dutasteride I told him Il continue with that 5x a week and 2x finasteride. 

Yes I did ask about the Complidermol but the nurse said they only prescribed that for certain patients and it wasn’t for me.(maybe people with thicker skin? Not sure)

I look forward to your thread man happy growing!

Hello guys since the post op help team is closed on Sunday I thought I’d post here. It’s my 5th day since surgery and I’ve been washing my donor area everyday. I was just taking a video today and I noticed a few red dots which seemed a bit different. I Wanted to ask if these are normal? 

88BFA3B1-D244-42E1-AD6F-E01D9B5ABE23.jpeg

Update day 9

1. Head wash day 2. Scabs almost all removed.

2. Recipient area is a bit numb so I can’t feel it too much. It was interesting to touch it after so many days and feel differently to when I would normally just touch my head pre transplant.

3. Donor area was its itchiest last night but the itch itself isn’t too bad and I can tolerate it. Feels super good to sleep in any position I want.

4. Oral minoxidil 5mg (splitting 10mg into halves) has been good so far. No side effects 🤞

5. I was quite nervous to see how my hairline will look once all scabs come off. I was nervous about damaging my grafts during wash, just the psychological part of the process I guess.

6. I love the way my hairline and temples are looking (so far). Although it feels like the density in my temples has gone down so I am not sure if some of it shed whilst I was washing…

What do you guys think of the overall? (Picture taken under clear harsh light) 

B4B555A9-3FC0-42DC-B453-F3321D9B9B37.thumb.jpeg.ab27995ce44cfe5b2dcbcf83962e9397.jpegB1C611DA-34E3-4018-9F4D-4826DE4425EE.thumb.jpeg.e7b0805c16ce61cd21c5ab53c285e377.jpeg89817D55-2F4D-49A0-9D1D-2CDCE84FA742.thumb.jpeg.48f42d86cb60625bfba6b4d76e382a6c.jpeg4C81A1C5-F335-49C5-B895-D49A812ACBE7.thumb.jpeg.239fa24b3eb894ff3d52d0b5b0460a2c.jpeg1AA2218F-B15B-4860-9C90-72A2D8C8A902.thumb.jpeg.1139f00592dfc37caec470f3160112fc.jpegBFB03B9F-07BE-4AFC-8593-A63833289689.thumb.jpeg.5acad4701d76395c8c500c77a0581c27.jpeg75C6BA37-53AE-4417-8152-EA40C040AF05.thumb.jpeg.e81b03ad6e09b1ef0a5a78fafc3c073c.jpeg111F67DF-F20F-43C2-BE7A-DAEF2C1921E4.thumb.jpeg.70b1e90a58cf5dff935fdac99e399bd7.jpeg

P.S. From tomorrow I resume my Dutasteride tablets + wear whatever shirts I want so yay.

Edited by drawdownfx
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, drawdownfx said:

Update day 9

1. Head wash day 2. Scabs almost all removed.

2. Recipient area is a bit numb so I can’t feel it too much. It was interesting to touch it after so many days and feel differently to when I would normally just touch my head pre transplant.

3. Donor area was its itchiest last night but the itch itself isn’t too bad and I can tolerate it. Feels super good to sleep in any position I want.

4. Oral minoxidil 5mg (splitting 10mg into halves) has been good so far. No side effects 🤞

5. I was quite nervous to see how my hairline will look once all scabs come off. I was nervous about damaging my grafts during wash, just the psychological part of the process I guess.

6. I love the way my hairline and temples are looking (so far). Although it feels like the density in my temples has gone down so I am not sure if some of it shed whilst I was washing…

What do you guys think of the overall? (Picture taken under clear harsh light) 

B4B555A9-3FC0-42DC-B453-F3321D9B9B37.thumb.jpeg.ab27995ce44cfe5b2dcbcf83962e9397.jpegB1C611DA-34E3-4018-9F4D-4826DE4425EE.thumb.jpeg.e7b0805c16ce61cd21c5ab53c285e377.jpeg89817D55-2F4D-49A0-9D1D-2CDCE84FA742.thumb.jpeg.48f42d86cb60625bfba6b4d76e382a6c.jpeg4C81A1C5-F335-49C5-B895-D49A812ACBE7.thumb.jpeg.239fa24b3eb894ff3d52d0b5b0460a2c.jpeg1AA2218F-B15B-4860-9C90-72A2D8C8A902.thumb.jpeg.1139f00592dfc37caec470f3160112fc.jpegBFB03B9F-07BE-4AFC-8593-A63833289689.thumb.jpeg.5acad4701d76395c8c500c77a0581c27.jpeg75C6BA37-53AE-4417-8152-EA40C040AF05.thumb.jpeg.e81b03ad6e09b1ef0a5a78fafc3c073c.jpeg111F67DF-F20F-43C2-BE7A-DAEF2C1921E4.thumb.jpeg.70b1e90a58cf5dff935fdac99e399bd7.jpeg

P.S. From tomorrow I resume my Dutasteride tablets + wear whatever shirts I want so yay.

looks like really clean, DENSE work 🔥

• Like 1

On 12/28/2022 at 5:36 PM, ThomasMatthews said:

Great results ! Was it mandatory to go on meds to go to this clinic. I currently take topical minoxidil and am nervous about finasteride but really wanna book with this doctor. 

I am not too sure. I was on meds when I went so they didn't question it, just told me to continue taking meds. Dr Freitas highlighted the importance of taking meds during surgery though.