Bisanga VS Couto for hairline and temples

If you had to do a transplant working on the hairline and temples for roughly 2000 grafts max, who would you choose between Bisanga and Couto?

While both have great reputations, I'm not sure but my take is that Couto's results are way more impressive and seems more skilled.

Bisanga is clearly one of the best as well and I'm inclined to go with him because Couto's wait is just too long, but im not sure

Who would you choose of the two?

30 minutes ago, kwestmke said:

If you had to do a transplant working on the hairline and temples for roughly 2000 grafts max, who would you choose between Bisanga and Couto?

While both have great reputations, I'm not sure but my take is that Couto's results are way more impressive and seems more skilled.

Bisanga is clearly one of the best as well and I'm inclined to go with him because Couto's wait is just too long, but im not sure

Who would you choose of the two?

Personally i think i would go with Dr Cuoto and that's in no way, shape or form a knock against Dr Bisanga because i think he's an amazing elite surgeon, but my reasons are perhaps more selfish to me.

I needed a complete temple point rebuild and unfortunately i do not see Dr Bisanga have as many examples of this compared to Dr Cuoto even on YouTube. Dr Cuoto has some amazing restorations and i love the design of them and was mostly where i took my inspiration from too watching some of his videos of results focusing just on temple points. 

However, neither Dr was in my budget range when i did get my HT done and ultimately Eugenix was best for me and my case. I think even if i was to go to enquire with Dr Bisanga or Dr Cuoto, even if i could wait the times they have, and i wanted to go for a refinement of my hairline and temples with maybe up to 1k to 1500 grafts, i am not sure i would still be able to budget for them.

I was in similar situation, i wanted to get more straight hairline and considered few top surgeons like Couto, Lorenzo etc however it is quite hard to get response from them/waiting time is just too long. I ended with Bisanga (hes visiting my country every year so it was easy to get in person consultation) and during the visit he draw me line which was indeed pretty conservative, he also told me that i should start taking minoxidl 5md which i did and half year later in day of procedure (my hair improved a lot thanks to this drug) he drew more aggressive hairline which i asked for. So in the end i guess both of them are skilled enough and you can always ask for more aggressive approach and design your hairline together with the surgeon.

trzy.png

piec.png

jeden.png

• Like 1

I’ve never seen a completed patient posted result of Bisangas that has involved direct temple point restoration - I have also reached out to his reps several times and have had no luck in a response when enquiring for examples of temple point restoration work he has done. 

Perhaps he just doesn’t perform these types of surgeries, I don’t know. 

22 minutes ago, Curious25 said:

I’ve never seen a completed patient posted result of Bisangas that has involved direct temple point restoration - I have also reached out to his reps several times and have had no luck in a response when enquiring for examples of temple point restoration work he has done. 

Perhaps he just doesn’t perform these types of surgeries, I don’t know. 

There was 1 really good one on here that I saw.  I would have to search for it, but, it was an exceptional result.

@vDk Great to see your images that you have kindly shared. Congratulations on your recent surgery and a great example of the importance in communication between patient and doctor in regards to satisfying the patients desires, whilst respecting all of the necessary considerations in terms of facial shape, donor quality, progressive loss etc.

Im very pleased for you and wish you all of the best in regard to your healing and onward growth over the next months.

In terms of patients of Dr. Bisanga, I would suggest that amongst all clinics, BHR patients represent quite a large percentage of patient posted results on this forum. Some of these may have required temple point restoration and others potentially not. The percentage of patients that actually share their images and their case publicly is  really quite low and this appears to be the case more than ever with the pressures of social media and potentially being recognised and is not really a fair reflection in regard to specific case types.

16 hours ago, Curious25 said:

I have also reached out to his reps several times and have had no luck in a response when enquiring for examples of temple point restoration work he has done. 

If you are able to share who you may have contacted and a rough idea as to when then I will be able to look into this for you.

Off the top of my head here are a few examples of cases where temple point restoration was performed. I appreciate that they are not all patient posted but as with any clinic, the decision to share images is that of their patient and in the situation where a patient may be happy to share his image but not motivated to post them himself, then naturally the clinic will share.

• Like 1

Patient Advisor for Dr. Bisanga - BHR Clinic 

ian@bhrclinic.com   -    BHR YouTube Channel - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCcH4PY1OxoYFwSDKzAkZRww

I am not a medical professional and my words should not be taken as medical advice. All opinions and views shared are my own.

I would choose cuoto because has a lot of results with my hair type, but you can go wrong with the big 3 in Belgium either, I got a tiny bit of temple work for my transplant and am eager to see how it turns out the directions of the hair looks spot on and Ik we got a much of nape hair for that and the hairline so I’m hoping for a great result

2 minutes ago, Dillpickle123 said:

I would choose cuoto because has a lot of results with my hair type, but you can go wrong with the big 3 in Belgium either, I got a tiny bit of temple work for my transplant and am eager to see how it turns out the directions of the hair looks spot on and Ik we got a much of nape hair for that and the hairline so I’m hoping for a great result

I do genuinely think it's again demonstrating that it genuinely is a case by case basis on who is best for your situation and budgets etc. rather than just trying to objectively say one is better than the other when there's a lot of artistic elements involved too and people may lean to one over the other. 

I got curious and went back to look at the Dr Cuoto temple points video again. Now, i am fortunate to be able to watch the video below on a TV and when i did, i did notice something not wrong per se, but showing just how difficult even for the most elite temple points can be. There's people in the compilation where the hair looks thicker and almost dare i say pluggy at times despite being angled almost exactly how it should when you see it with the actual native hair. 

I think this again further goes to show how hair types play a huge factor in things. 

Personally i do think that even when Unlimited Grafts become a thing, the different hair types needed like for the main hairline, soft singles etc. will mean we have to have like 3-4 different types of grafts for patients. That seems like a huge technical challenge. 

https://youtu.be/FyYjCJTZz9E

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, NARMAK said:

I do genuinely think it's again demonstrating that it genuinely is a case by case basis on who is best for your situation and budgets etc. rather than just trying to objectively say one is better than the other when there's a lot of artistic elements involved too and people may lean to one over the other. 

I got curious and went back to look at the Dr Cuoto temple points video again. Now, i am fortunate to be able to watch the video below on a TV and when i did, i did notice something not wrong per se, but showing just how difficult even for the most elite temple points can be. There's people in the compilation where the hair looks thicker and almost dare i say pluggy at times despite being angled almost exactly how it should when you see it with the actual native hair. 

I think this again further goes to show how hair types play a huge factor in things. 

Personally i do think that even when Unlimited Grafts become a thing, the different hair types needed like for the main hairline, soft singles etc. will mean we have to have like 3-4 different types of grafts for patients. That seems like a huge technical challenge. 

https://youtu.be/FyYjCJTZz9E

Yes that’s why they need to get the finest hairs possible for the temple such as the nape area, but i assume when it’s such a massive restoration of the temples there’s not enough for those soft hairs that they have to use thicker single hairs then the preferred nape hairs 

3 minutes ago, Dillpickle123 said:

Yes that’s why they need to get the finest hairs possible for the temple such as the nape area, but i assume when it’s such a massive restoration of the temples there’s not enough for those soft hairs that they have to use thicker single hairs then the preferred nape hairs 

The one example i saw, it wasn't even a full example where the hairs looked more thicker which is what surprised me. There was of course an obvious colour shift as well where the hair was white natively and darker from the donor. 

Ultimately i feel like losing your temple points like i did entirely, is probably one of the worst things to deal with in terms of reconstruction. At least with the hairline and midscalp, there's much more obvious and easier techniques to rebuild it. 

What's worse for me i guess is that even if i started medication at 18, my temple points were basically washed out and gone. Although knowing what i do now, i genuinely wouldn't mind a trip back in time to when i was around that age and start over lol. 

4 minutes ago, NARMAK said:

The one example i saw, it wasn't even a full example where the hairs looked more thicker which is what surprised me. There was of course an obvious colour shift as well where the hair was white natively and darker from the donor. 

Ultimately i feel like losing your temple points like i did entirely, is probably one of the worst things to deal with in terms of reconstruction. At least with the hairline and midscalp, there's much more obvious and easier techniques to rebuild it. 

What's worse for me i guess is that even if i started medication at 18, my temple points were basically washed out and gone. Although knowing what i do now, i genuinely wouldn't mind a trip back in time to when i was around that age and start over lol. 

Agreed I see it all the time like when there’s a good temple reconstruction when they shave it down you can see the darker hairs if that makes sense 

• Administrators
On 11/18/2022 at 1:36 PM, Curious25 said:

Yes, this was one of the incompleted ones I had in mind. Shame. 

This patient reached out to me on IG, he will be sending me updated pictures to create a video. But here’s a picture from his IG. 

57BD4B65-1D06-44DA-A208-9294064F4845.jpeg

Also, looks like @Raphael84 has posted many others, but you haven’t replied or responded. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

On 11/19/2022 at 8:54 AM, NARMAK said:

Interesting video. "In most men, the right corner advances more than the left corner, and of course this also happens in templates" - this describes me perfectly.

Temple restoration is weird. In line with the above quote, I had only my right temple restored. My left temple is untouched. The result is so-so. I think the doctor erred on the side of going too subtle rather than too thick/dark. I basically have a light shadow of hair bordering the edge of my temple recession. It doesn't look bad, but it doesn't look great. Interestingly, I don't think the temple grafts shed at all, while the hair transplanted into my scalp did shed as usual. 100% (or close to it) survived and simply grew from day 1.

I have to say that Couto seems very good at doing temples. I wonder how many grafts were used in the cases from those videos (just graft count for the temples, not total grafts). I wonder if his temple results consistently look like that, or if those are just home runs picked out.

Edited by shadowcast

16 hours ago, Melvin- Moderator said:

This patient reached out to me on IG, he will be sending me updated pictures to create a video. But here’s a picture from his IG. 

57BD4B65-1D06-44DA-A208-9294064F4845.jpeg

Also, looks like @Raphael84 has posted many others, but you haven’t replied or responded. 

Looks a great result, will look forward to the video. 

I’ve only just came back online now so I hadn’t seen Raphaels response. 

• Like 1