Hair Transplant Advice - Looking to book Turkey - Estimate of grafts etc?

Hi all,

I'm 30 years old, and have been experiencing hair loss for well over well over 6-8 years. 

Attached pics of current state of the head.

At the moment I'm currently taking finasteride 1mg daily, and Minoxidfil foam 1x a day, and Nizoral shampoo about 2x a week. 

I'm looking to book a trip to Turkey to finally get a hair transplant. I may even try head to say 2-3 in person consultations in London to compare hairline plans etc. 

QUESTIONS

• I'm curious to see how many grafts you all think I'd need?
  • What type of procedure would be best?
  • Suggestions/experience on hair clinics/doctors in Turkey? I've done a little research, but need to know more, the current options I have are in terms of costs are below. 

Low end;

• Fue Capilar
  • Hairmedico
  • Cosmedica
  • Vera Clinic
  • Dr Cinik
  • Hair of Istanbul' and 'Smile Hair Clinic
  • Hair of Istanbul
  • Smile Hair Clinic

Middle;

• Dr Sahinoglu
  • Dr Demirsoy
  • Dr Karadeniz
  • Dr Bicer
  • Dr Serdaroglu

Top end;

• HLC
  • Dr Kesser
  • Dr Doganay
  • ASMED (Dr Erdogan)

PLAN

So, I'll aim to get in touch with the majority of clinics/doctors above, and provide my pictures and get some quotes/plans etc and will provide updates here. I'm thinking can probably get similar results to the top end clinics by picking the middle clinics, or maybe even some of the low end? 

IMG_3117.jpeg

IMG_3120.jpeg

IMG_3124.jpeg

IMG_3125.jpeg

Bro that list is skewed, you don’t have these in the right order.. Pretty much all hair mills. ASMED doesn’t belong in any top end list, Dr Keser, Dr Pekiner, Dr Turan/Dr Gur, HLC, Bicer are the ones to look at. Dr Demirsoy and Dr Doganay are the lower end with the occasional sub par results, same can be said for Dr Yaman.

Edited by Pbaird98
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Can’t say we have many decent Drs here in UK/London. Can’t understand the obsession with Turkey, so many elite choices in Europe to look at. The better choices in Turkey are basically the same as their euro counterparts in terms of £££…

Edited by Pbaird98
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• Administrators

Dr. Bicer and Dr. Turan are the best names out of that list. I would suggest researching a bit more, there are affordable options in Spain, Portugal, even the UK. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

Glad you posted and asked for advice. First, Turkey is an option but given al the good clinics in Western Europe you should broaden your choices. Melvin is spot on in his selections. The crown can be tricky. It can take a good amount of grafts. Go to some of the good London clinics and get an estimate. It wouldn't surprise that you need at least 3,000 to do front and crown. Hope your donor is good. Take some pics of the back below the crown. I bet the right surgeon will work magic on you. Good luck.

• Thanks 1

• Valued Contributor

@Naynay24 you are doing everything right medically. I agree with everything @Melvin- Moderator stated. There are some dangerous Turkish names in your list. Look further afield from results on this forum from patients with a similar/same hair loss pattern as yourself and see who is performing these results on a regular basis. All the best!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Naynay24 said:

Hi all,

I'm 30 years old, and have been experiencing hair loss for well over well over 6-8 years. 

Attached pics of current state of the head.

At the moment I'm currently taking finasteride 1mg daily, and Minoxidfil foam 1x a day, and Nizoral shampoo about 2x a week. 

I'm looking to book a trip to Turkey to finally get a hair transplant. I may even try head to say 2-3 in person consultations in London to compare hairline plans etc. 

QUESTIONS

• I'm curious to see how many grafts you all think I'd need?
  • What type of procedure would be best?
  • Suggestions/experience on hair clinics/doctors in Turkey? I've done a little research, but need to know more, the current options I have are in terms of costs are below. 

Low end;

• Fue Capilar
  • Hairmedico
  • Cosmedica
  • Vera Clinic
  • Dr Cinik
  • Hair of Istanbul' and 'Smile Hair Clinic

Middle;

• Dr Sahinoglu
  • Dr Demirsoy
  • Dr Karadeniz
  • Dr Bicer
  • Dr Serdaroglu

Top end;

• HLC
  • Dr Kesser
  • Dr Doganay
  • ASMED (Dr Erdogan)

PLAN

So, I'll aim to get in touch with the majority of clinics/doctors above, and provide my pictures and get some quotes/plans etc and will provide updates here. I'm thinking can probably get similar results to the top end clinics by picking the middle clinics, or maybe even some of the low end? 

IMG_3117.jpeg

IMG_3120.jpeg

IMG_3124.jpeg

IMG_3125.jpeg

Bro I honestly thought you were Rafa Nadal, younger version though 😃

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, Erdem Clinic said:

Hello!

First, we are sorry for your hair loss but don’t worry about it. Erdem Clinic is always with you to prevent your loss. If you are looking for a clinic, you are in the right place. We have three branch offices in Istanbul, Turkey. Our expert has been offering hair transplantation to our patients they want, by taking into consideration their sensitivities of our patients for long years. Besides, the first consultation is free. We take care of everything from VIP transfers to the hotels you want. We pick you up from the airplane and drive you to your hotel. We accompany you to the Erdem Clinic and we give you a service with our multilingual translators. It’s quite easy to get in contact with us! You can reach us with one click at +90 546 559 6056 (It's our Whatsapp Live Support) number. It doesn’t matter which language you speak. Our account executive who speaks the same language as you will do his/her best to help you. Alsı you can visit our web page from here: http://erdemclinic.com/landing/hair-transplant

We wish you a healthy day,

Erdem Clinic

Seems legit, OP I would even pick this unnamed hair mill over ASMED and Doganay.

Joking aside, read the other responses of this thread very carefully OP, you have been given very good advice from @Melvin- Moderator and @Pbaird98

• Thanks 2

I would focus for the crown, you didn't show measurements so roughly you'll need around 3000+- grafts depending your donor quality and thickness, hairline surgery probably will cause damage to natural hair by these photos.

• Thanks 1

Doron Harati - Patient coordinator for HDC Hair Clinic, HT procedures are done by MD Doctors with Microscope FUE.

For consultation contact me: WhatsApp +972526542654

Mail:doronhdc@gmail.com

HDC Instegram: https://instagram.com/doronhairadvisor_hdc?igshid=YmMyMTA2M2Y=

* All comments from this account should not be taken or construed as medical advice, all comments are only the personal opinions of the poster.

Thanks everyone for your comments, they are really appreciated!

When I said I did a little research, I really did mean little haha, and list was compiled from quite a popular hair transplant group on FB (over 5k members and active daily). 

I have carefully gone through all your comments, as well as multiple pages/threads under the 'Hair Restoration Questions and Answers' section. 

Over the next day or so I'll continue going through the next headers, such as 'Hair Transplant Experiences and Surgeon Reviews' will be next.

I'll then make a summary post with my findings a bit later/try get some more advice. 

My situation:

At the moment, I'm looking at probably 3k grafts as an estimate, so willing to pay a max of 2.5 euros per graft.

Some options will also not be available as I want to get this transplant done in 1-2 months time, so that it can heal and I'll be somewhat ok for the UK summer of 2023. 

You are bald in the crown now - 30 years old - not a kid.  I wouldn't rush the 1-2 month timeline as an absolute 'must.'  You have a virgin scalp, continue to take your time.  If you do this correctly you'll thank yourself for many years.  The 2.5 Euros per graft is very limiting - get another job or work overtime to broaden your list of available doctors in Western Europe.

Good luck on your journey.

• Like 1

• Moderators
On 10/17/2022 at 7:33 PM, Pbaird98 said:

Bro that list is skewed, you don’t have these in the right order.. Pretty much all hair mills. ASMED doesn’t belong in any top end list, Dr Keser, Dr Pekiner, Dr Turan/Dr Gur, HLC, Bicer are the ones to look at. Dr Demirsoy and Dr Doganay are the lower end with the occasional sub par results, same can be said for Dr Yaman.

He was putting them in order of cost, not by who he thinks are good or bad, so low end was cheapest and top end are the more expensive. He doesn't know who he should pick. That's what he's asking here. I just wanted to point that out.

• Like 1

Al

Forum Moderator

(formerly BeHappy)

I am a forum moderator for hairrestorationnetwork.com. I am not a Dr. and I do not work for any particular Dr. My opinions are my own and may not reflect the opinions of other moderators or the owner of this site. I am also a hair transplant patient and repair patient. You can view some of my repair journey here.

On 10/21/2022 at 8:45 AM, RTC said:

If you are dead set on the 1-2 months thing, you're asking for a botch bro.

A perfect victim for the Turkish hair mills, such a shame, if only OP could feel a hint of the despair guys with botch transplants from the Turkish hair mills he listed he would drop any notion of "trying to get it before summer"

To OP, you are talking about having great hair for this summer, well try to imagine having an unnatural, pluggy and low density hairline for ALL summers to come 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, BeHappy said:

He was putting them in order of cost, not by who he thinks are good or bad, so low end was cheapest and top end are the more expensive. He doesn't know who he should pick. That's what he's asking here. I just wanted to point that out.

@Naynay24can you clarify this? When I saw Dr Demirsoy in the middle along with Dr Bicer i wasn’t sure you was going by cost alone. I do know ASMED costs go shooting up if you ask for Dr Erdogan, but the list itself didn’t seem to go with the cost? Either way my opinion doesn’t change. 

On 10/21/2022 at 3:09 AM, jjsrader said:

You are bald in the crown now - 30 years old - not a kid.  I wouldn't rush the 1-2 month timeline as an absolute 'must.'  You have a virgin scalp, continue to take your time.  If you do this correctly you'll thank yourself for many years.  The 2.5 Euros per graft is very limiting - get another job or work overtime to broaden your list of available doctors in Western Europe.

Good luck on your journey.

On 10/21/2022 at 7:45 AM, RTC said:

If you are dead set on the 1-2 months thing, you're asking for a botch bro.

On 10/21/2022 at 7:55 AM, Pbaird98 said:

This ^

On 10/22/2022 at 3:08 PM, BeHappy said:

Yes that's correct, this list was done based on costs, as I mentioned this list was derived from a popular hair transplants facebook group, and was the start of my research into doctors for me etc. 

On 10/22/2022 at 7:34 PM, botchedguy95 said:

A perfect victim for the Turkish hair mills, such a shame, if only OP could feel a hint of the despair guys with botch transplants from the Turkish hair mills he listed he would drop any notion of "trying to get it before summer"

To OP, you are talking about having great hair for this summer, well try to imagine having an unnatural, pluggy and low density hairline for ALL summers to come 

I'm not opting to go for the hair mills, I have created a further thread where I've listed doctors on the recommended list. 

Also yes good point, do it once and do it right. I do realise that I'll most likely need to extend my time frame. There are still some doctors on the recommendations list (not hair mills) who have availability in 1-2 months. 

On 10/22/2022 at 7:47 PM, Pbaird98 said:

@Naynay24can you clarify this? When I saw Dr Demirsoy in the middle along with Dr Bicer i wasn’t sure you was going by cost alone. I do know ASMED costs go shooting up if you ask for Dr Erdogan, but the list itself didn’t seem to go with the cost? Either way my opinion doesn’t change. 

Hi mate, see my first comment above in this reply. 

2 minutes ago, Naynay24 said:

Yes that's correct, this list was done based on costs, as I mentioned this list was derived from a popular hair transplants facebook group, and was the start of my research into doctors for me etc. 

I'm not opting to go for the hair mills, I have created a further thread where I've listed doctors on the recommended list. 

Also yes good point, do it once and do it right. I do realise that I'll most likely need to extend my time frame. There are still some doctors on the recommendations list (not hair mills) who have availability in 1-2 months. 

Hi mate, see my first comment above in this reply. 

Thanks for clarifying, I got the impression the list wasn’t totally based on cost as they didn’t seem to be in that order. When I saw the second thread it’s good to see you are ruling out the mills, and instead looking at the better options. Good luck with your continued research 🤜🏿