Dr Couto | 1700 grafts | Sept 2022 | Crown | Confused

Prof101

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

How many month post op you usually reach 90% of final result, for the crown? 

I owe you all a picture. And should upload it soon.  

It is growing no doubt. I hope it grows more. But this HT calls for another HT for front otherwise it is already starting to look weird. 

As for donor loss. I grew my hair long, it is not clear, and would need to take a picture. 

I have to more things I will explore: 

I am going to see Zarev soon. I will have to see if he thinks my body hair is something he can work with and blend in the back. 

If not 

I go to Mwamba and go for an aggressive Fit Farmin 

Anyone has seen an aggressive fit farming on here? By that I mean, the sides are almost all BHT, and are buzz cut. Which is what Mwamba is telling me

• Wow 1

9 hours ago, Prof101 said:

I am going to see Zarev soon. I will have to see if he thinks my body hair is something he can work with and blend in the back. 

If not 

Anyone has seen an aggressive fit farming on here? By that I mean, the sides are almost all BHT, and are buzz cut. Which is what Mwamba is telling me

I saw a great repair case in person when I saw Zarev last month. Brillant hairline repair.

He also had some amazing cases on 60 year old NW7's with bad donor.

The only thing is you may need to accept a thin donor rather than fit farming into the donor 

Good luck with your consult. when is it?

If anyone can repair you it is Zarev. In most cases he doesnt like using body hair but i think in your case he can find a solution.

17 minutes ago, hairman22 said:

I saw a great repair case in person when I saw Zarev last month. Brillant hairline repair.

The only thing is you may need to accept a thin donor rather than fit farming into the donor 

If anyone can repair you it is Zarev. In most cases he doesnt like using body hair but i think in your case he can find a solution.

Has anyone seen long term Zarev outcomes? One would wonder how many hairs thin out when doing such maximal extractions.

13 hours ago, hairman22 said:

I hope so man. But I do not see how I can get a repair without BHT involved.

Here is what Mwamba told me: 

"You have 9000 FU, of which 40% can be used for hair transplant (+/-1800
to 3000 grafts)."

Couto used 1800, for the crown, now I am left with 1200+, maybe 1500. 

But anyway this is the very reason I am going to Zarev with the hope he can find someone. 

My belly hair is as soft and as thick as my head hair... 

On 4/12/2023 at 7:40 PM, Prof101 said:

It is growing no doubt. I hope it grows more. But this HT calls for another HT for front otherwise it is already starting to look weird. 

As for donor loss. I grew my hair long, it is not clear, and would need to take a picture. 

I thought the rule of thumb was 50% growth by six months and 90% at nine.  The crown, however, can take over a year to fully manifest.

On 4/12/2023 at 7:58 PM, Prof101 said:

If not 

When is your consult with Zarev?

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/13/2023 at 2:40 AM, Prof101 said:

@Prof101 how is everything going? ... How is the crown looking? You are half way there since the crown usually takes 14-18 months ... but, what are your feelings about those 1700 grafts? 

And how is your donor looking?

You are now right at 7 months postop so it would be nice to see an update.

• 4 weeks later...

Sorry for the delay. Here are some before and after. 8 months post op. Crown only. 

Total FUE: 1727
Total hair: 4278
Ratio: 2.4

Sent Dr Couto a thank you note. 

All I need now is to figure out what to do about the Island on top, which will eventually become noticeable one day. Perhaps it is already noticeable in person in the sun -- I do not know. 

• Administrators

Looks like good growth for less than 2k grafts. Are you considering getting another HT?

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

1 hour ago, Melvin- Moderator said:

Looks like good growth for less than 2k grafts. Are you considering getting another HT?

I agree. 

Yes considering another HT. But I have a limited donor. So I am going for consultations to see what's possible. I am not looking to gain ground, just improve hairline, density, and make sure I won't have an island in few years. I don't think this will be possible wihout BHT. So far I can't think of another way other than Fit farming. Which is a big step to take. Only few have tried it. 

I would love to be done with this soon. 

1 hour ago, Vann said:

Are you currently taking on medications? Oral minox, fin/dut, etc?

Yes. Fin but balding continues at a slow pace. Minox did not workout. Adding more fin or dut is no possible. 

I hope that Dr Zarev can help you. For me, he is the number one doctor in the world. 
He showed me back then many incredible comebacks which I could never expect from any other doctor in the world.

4 hours ago, Prof101 said:

es. Fin but balding continues at a slow pace. Minox did not workout. Adding more fin or dut is no possible. 

Sorry I do not understand… would you not want to swap to dut? It’s more potent yes, but if you tolerate fin well it could potentially be the same for you with some better ground. 

also don’t throw out minox either oral or topical. Surface coverage doesn’t always correlate with what’s happening underneath. Blood oxidation could help your hair become stronger and not miniaturize as much. 

nonetheless, I hope you as best of outcomes as you can get and if not, I hope it’s better than what you expect. 

Follow my first hair transplant journey

3,252 Grafts a minimum of 6,712 hairs June 2022

On 12/19/2022 at 3:04 AM, WhereIsMyMind said:

The extraction is a purely mechanical thing, if the person who extracts the graft, never transects or hurts it and has 99%+ hitrate (easy to check in plain sight or microscope), why would it matter? What if doing extractions means he will half-ass the incisions (which actually define the cosmetic result) because he is so tired from doing a repetitive mechanical thing?

There is no art in extracting graft, you either damaged it or you didnt.

Actually survival rate is more determined by how long graft is out of your body, and techs help reduce this time. So thats a nice counter-argument too.

This is actually completely wrong.

There is invisible damage to poorly extracted grafts that look healthy under the microscope and won't regrow. I discussed this with Couto himself.

Many elite surgeons extract themselves and only get others to do it as they get older. Couto did all my extractions. He went quite deep as well.

Extracting is the hardest and most important part of the surgery. Should it be this easy and mechanical everybody would yield the same regrowth and survival rates applying the same out of body protocols and well, it's just not that simple.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Prof101 said:

Amen.

Does my hair currently look unnatural? 

It does not but you definitely need another 500-600 grafts to blend it in with surrounding hair.

I think Dutasteride Mesotherapy would suit you well. You will be getting the growth factors plus dermarolling and localized 5AR suppression much higher than with Finasteride which people continue to take using Mesotherapy.

I had over harvesting with Couto on my right side (they went quite high as well). It was extremely obvious and it was only a 1200 surgery and had it repaired with 200 BHT. Not it's not noticeable.

You still have 1.500-2000 grafts on your donor if managed properly and BHT would certainly help you.

Couto is awesome but he does use a big punch and

Out of my 15 surgeries it was by far (and probably the only) the most painful post op one. My donor hurt for a month.

Edited by mustang