Dr Couto | 1700 grafts | Sept 2022 | Crown | Confused

Prof101

Zarev seems miles ahead of everyone atm And he doesn’t even advertise like that which is quite insane. Hope things go well for you OP.

Edited by drawdownfx

My hair transplant Journey with Dr. Freitas

We should be carefully with such assessments. Until last year Konior was the undisputed King, then Couto was the Wizard of hair, now the flavor of the day is zar zarev. The power of great numbers is very important in hair transplant industry. 

I am not saying zarev isn't great but let's see more results until we make final judgments. 

• Well Done 1

On 6/30/2023 at 7:32 AM, Gasthoerer said:

We should be carefully with such assessments. Until last year Konior was the undisputed King, then Couto was the Wizard of hair, now the flavor of the day is zar zarev. The power of great numbers is very important in hair transplant industry. 

I am not saying zarev isn't great but let's see more results until we make final judgments. 

either way, these are definitely 3 of the top 10, probably even top 5 doctors in the world. Doesn't matter who is #1. Personally, I'd say Konior is the best for making use of limited grafts, Couto is best for his artistry, and Zarev is the best for NW7 surgeries.

• Like 1

You can have this (your) opinion that these clinics are three of the Top5, but for sure it is not "definite. I (just as an example) do not share this opinion.

But my point is another one: Even if the would be Top5, they are not "miles ahead" of everyone like just mentioned regarding Zarev and previously mentioned in a similar fashion of Couto and Konior. They are not "miles ahead" of clinics like Heitmann, some of the "belgiums" (like Feriduni) or other of the "spanish/portugese" clinics (and I am sure I am missing some countries/names).

That is my point and if your opinion is different, then well, that is how it is.  

On 6/30/2023 at 6:35 AM, Prof101 said:

I promised everyone an update after my visit to Dr. Zarev. I will re-upload my pictures soon, which I took down momentarily. 

Dr Zarev has  a beautiful and fancy clinic. Spotless. Cleaner than a surgery room and fancier than a beverly hills clinic. I am happy for his success as he clearly deserves it. 

As for him, he is a kind person, energetic, friendly, and professional. Also he is *sharp*, super intelligent. You can tell. He explained to me a bit his technique, as how he manages to do more with less, technically, and it makes a lot of sense. However, I cannot claim I understood it fully, and I do not know how wide he wants to advertise it, so I will only keep it at that. 

The consultation was very long and very thorough, exceeding my expectations. Maybe his generosity had to do with me flying all the way for that only purpoe. He started showing me some of his results with people with thin donor. Impressive stuff. Some are even more impressive than what we have seen.  

He went on to take measurements, which again exceeded my expectations. You probably have seen a video of his mapping of the scalp. What I did not know was that in order to assess the density in each area he took many samples from each small area. He in fact showed me that in the same area I have a lot of variation in density. This took an hour. The most scientific mapping one can get/

Imagine the gap between him and the industry. It seems the industry standard is to look at your scalp, while his standard is to map your entire scalp based on density, hair thickness, etc. 

I was shocked when he told me I have at least 3,500 FUEs, and maybe up to 5K. Others estimated 1500. Having said this, we agreed that I am willing to have a thinner look than the standard HT. Not abnormally thin but something along the top of my head where the new HT is.  

He did not criticize Couto in any way. His is more classy than this. He understood that something went wrong and he is just trying to help. He said that based on the # of grafts Couto's output was very good, and natural. 

Anyway, if you want to see how A Zarev approach is different from the rest, you might want to check updates next year. 

Everyone is impressed with his post op n of the donor area, I wonder whether the recepient area stays as read as with other transplants. Makes a big difference work wise. If anyone knows anything about this let me know. O/W I could probably text him. 

Did you book a spot with Dr Zarev already? How many grafts would you go for? 

By the way, could you update your evolution since you are almost at 10 months now? And this time, could you post some updated donor, side and frontal photos? 

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/4/2023 at 6:32 PM, BaldingEye said:

By the way, could you update your evolution since you are almost at 10 months now? And this time, could you post some updated donor, side and frontal photos?

I am going through a shed. This is the first time in maybe 6 years. I will upload my pictures, but basically I did not gain any ground transplant wise since my last post 2 months ago. I think it is due to this shed. 

I have no idea why. Does this happen after a transplant? Never hear of it. 

• Sad 1

• 2 months later...
On 7/15/2023 at 8:07 AM, Prof101 said:

I am going through a shed. This is the first time in maybe 6 years. I will upload my pictures, but basically I did not gain any ground transplant wise since my last post 2 months ago. I think it is due to this shed. 

I have no idea why. Does this happen after a transplant? Never hear of it. 

Hard to say without pictures, try to post carefully and in similar lighting conditions to pre-shed.

A general H&P is where to start -- what meds are you on? Are you taking any other medications/drugs, prescribed or otherwise? Any other medical conditions? Life stressors or changes in lifestyle?