XYON and Minoxidil 12 Months of Topical Journey – NW 3

GoogleChrome

Hi all!

I'm recording my journey with XYON 2.5% topical fin (provided by XYON for 1 year). 

I will try to post progress pics every 30-60 days.

My Routine:
I will be using 1 pump (1ml) XYON 2.5% topical fin every morning.
I will be using 1ml 5% topical minoxidil every night before bed.

Please note: I have not used Minoxidil or Finasteride before so I will be starting both from a blank slate.

I am also Vitamin-D deficient (17.9 ng/ml) so I will be supplementing with it until my levels are normal.

No microneedling as advised by Dr. Hasson.

Current serum DHT is: 28 ng/dL
I will be retesting in approx. 3 months.

Hair Loss History (DIFFUSED THINNING):
Age 15-17 : Light Shedding    NW1
Age 17-22 : Moderate Shedding    NW2
Age 22-24 : Heavy Shedding    NW3

I will be starting this routine on October 1, 2022

I will post 3 sets of before pics here at different hair lengths (all taken within last few weeks):

very short on top w/ fade on sides (BEFORE SET#1)

1376073578_before1-1.jpg.3d303d88084348d2bd0cbba0bd5be8d7.jpg2005447919_before1-0.thumb.jpg.6a4ed8bd5b812018e4584f2e94b28ab6.jpg

medium on top w/ fade on sides (BEFORE SET#2)

1156443687_before2-1.jpg.ef04a89bd30ff0895a71c92e90aac7af.jpg1397866514_before2-0.thumb.jpg.91459c66b2d619e2012ee33b87ed8e10.jpg

medium on top no fade on sides (BEFORE SET#3)

704714368_before3-1.jpg.5aa7f36dd5b98e917548de4a2c0afcca.jpg1336878891_before3-0.thumb.jpg.caf18e7f4a4cd565dd6fc701a2d9b2ea.jpg

• Administrators

Really interested to see how this is gonna work for you. Especially being a diffuse Norwood 6 like me.

• Like 1

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

• 1 month later...
  • Valued Contributor

This is just my opinion but I would be starting out using one or the other. Not both. You won't know what has been doing what in terms of results. Others will say throw the kitchen sink at it to give you the most chance of growth. That's a fair point but you will never know how much you are benefiting from either drug. Your results at this stage look excellent! All the best.

• Like 3

• Administrators

🤔 I see a slight improvement in the crown and overall in the density, especially in the hairline.

Before                                    1 month 
1B4E3A73-712B-4659-AC91-BBF6FE4C9F56.jpeg

• Like 1

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

View my thread

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

I don’t argue that you shouldn’t be using both the topical finasteride and minoxidil combined, as it’s very well documented that the two therapies combined are a much more powerful force in combatting MPB - but it’s made this whole documentation of your journey with the Xyon product invalid from the get go, as there is absolutely no way in determining what has been the driving force for your recovery (should you hopefully experience this).

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • Administrators

The hairline difference is crazy. I just ordered mine yesterday. Should receive it in a few days.

How much do you apply to the hairline?

B8E85399-CCF6-4924-8396-B3CF7F4B8932.jpeg

• Like 3

View my thread

Thanks Melvin! Yeah I noticed a slight difference in the hairline. (Sorry about the lighting in this month's progress pic)

I usually apply 1/3 of the 1ml pump along the hairline, 1/3 along the mid, and 1/3 on the crown and try to evenly spread it as best I can as it's such a small amount of gel for a large area. Very happy so far :) 

Also just wanted to mention that in the before pic you compared I used a #2 guard on top, as this month I used a #3 guard 

• Administrators

@GoogleChrome

Were you using minoxidil before you started Xyon?

View my thread

2 minutes ago, Melvin- Moderator said:

@GoogleChrome

Were you using minoxidil before you started Xyon?

I did not use Minoxidil prior to starting this routine as I mentioned in the initial post. Dr. Hasson mentioned it was fine to use topical min alongside xyon fin given that they are applied many hours apart (I apply fin morning, min at night). He suggested oral min but I wasn't ready for that just yet.

• Administrators
39 minutes ago, GoogleChrome said:

I did not use Minoxidil prior to starting this routine as I mentioned in the initial post. Dr. Hasson mentioned it was fine to use topical min alongside xyon fin given that they are applied many hours apart (I apply fin morning, min at night). He suggested oral min but I wasn't ready for that just yet.

I think for the purpose of this review it doesn’t make sense to start multiple treatments at the same time. Otherwise, it will be hard to discern whether the benefits are coming from Xyon or minoxidil. 

I have gone and adjusted the title.

• Like 4

View my thread

• Melvin- Admin changed the title to XYON and Minoxidil 12 Months of Topical Journey – NW 3
  • 4 weeks later...
  • Administrators

This is amazing progress 👏🏼00B27E66-1888-423E-875A-60AD9E68E2C2.jpeg

• Like 1

View my thread