2510 Graft FUE w/ Dr. Nadimi (8/25/2022)

AStark

6 MONTH UPDATE 

As promised…here is 6 months post op. 

2510 grafts FUE w/ Dr. Sahar Nadimi 

1mg of Fin daily 

2.5mg of Oral Min daily 

I used natural outside lighting to take these shots as I was able to find pre op shots in similar lighting. 

Frontal view. Post op no toppik or concealers. A slight bit of matte styling cream. 

06682005-A799-4917-907E-A4FB7BD573AA.thumb.jpeg.a29189a81132ca17e48a7fdca3096f0e.jpeg

Top down view w/ sunlight directly overhead. Again, no toppik or concealers in post op shot. For only 160 grafts in the crown area, I’m really surprised at how much this has improved. 

0B3A7251-D35A-4D2F-A55D-6DC793E84007.thumb.jpeg.06b9adaf633424f7a67b7ae4934a42cd.jpeg

I feel like there’s been slight improvement in thickness since month 4.5-5 and I can see in the frontal portion a lot of thinner hairs that haven’t matured yet but have popped through. I’m guessing these will thicken and add to the overall result as time passes. 

As mentioned in my last update, I honestly couldn’t be happier. Nothing is perfect I suppose but I have zero complaints and consider the procedure at this point a success.  I feel like I’ve turned back the clock on my hair ten years. 

HIGHLY recommend Dr. Nadimi and Chicago Hair Institute for anyone considering. The juice was worth the squeeze for sure. Only regret is waiting as long as I did to address my hair loss situation. 

I’ll post back at month 10-12 either way but this will be my last update until then. If you’re reading this and have questions, feel free to message me or post here, I’ll answer asap. 

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1
  • Well Done 1

Congratulations buddy, amazing transformation, you look years younger, your hair thickness is incredible, especially for 6 months! 

I’ll be posting an update soon, my hair seems to be improving every week and referencing your case is very helpful. 

• Like 2

• 1 month later...
On 2/25/2023 at 7:27 PM, AStark said:

6 MONTH UPDATE 

As promised…here is 6 months post op. 

2510 grafts FUE w/ Dr. Sahar Nadimi 

1mg of Fin daily 

2.5mg of Oral Min daily 

I used natural outside lighting to take these shots as I was able to find pre op shots in similar lighting. 

Frontal view. Post op no toppik or concealers. A slight bit of matte styling cream. 

06682005-A799-4917-907E-A4FB7BD573AA.thumb.jpeg.a29189a81132ca17e48a7fdca3096f0e.jpeg

Top down view w/ sunlight directly overhead. Again, no toppik or concealers in post op shot. For only 160 grafts in the crown area, I’m really surprised at how much this has improved. 

0B3A7251-D35A-4D2F-A55D-6DC793E84007.thumb.jpeg.06b9adaf633424f7a67b7ae4934a42cd.jpeg

I feel like there’s been slight improvement in thickness since month 4.5-5 and I can see in the frontal portion a lot of thinner hairs that haven’t matured yet but have popped through. I’m guessing these will thicken and add to the overall result as time passes. 

As mentioned in my last update, I honestly couldn’t be happier. Nothing is perfect I suppose but I have zero complaints and consider the procedure at this point a success.  I feel like I’ve turned back the clock on my hair ten years. 

HIGHLY recommend Dr. Nadimi and Chicago Hair Institute for anyone considering. The juice was worth the squeeze for sure. Only regret is waiting as long as I did to address my hair loss situation. 

I’ll post back at month 10-12 either way but this will be my last update until then. If you’re reading this and have questions, feel free to message me or post here, I’ll answer asap. 

dude your hair is starting to look incredible. I commented earlier in the thread but good to see these results getting better and better. 

Just had my FUE procedure with Dr Nadimi two days ago and i’m excited to go through a similar (positive) journey as yours. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

7.5 months….time flies. 

just a quick update. I think from the outside looking in you wouldn’t see improvements since the 6 month mark but I can still see a ton of shorter thinner hairs growing and maturing in the hairline. I expect it’ll be thicker over time but as I’ve been saying for months, I’m happy with the results. Any improvement is icing on the cake at this point. 

Here’s a before and after in natural lighting 

D6C61BE3-0AC4-40AB-A22E-61C40EDB0C84.thumb.jpeg.86a5b1d8b4a79f291ad1a12b23d12ce2.jpeg

left side I was loaded with fibers, right side not a single one. Could have gone lower with the hairline and maybe I will I’ve always had a larger forehead so I’m not stressing over it. 

Same natural lighting top down view. 
15628FFA-3494-45BA-AB8E-1AB05E9D6B8B.thumb.jpeg.a7bfa61cfc7ec41d1ca1b0605cd2e276.jpeg

Still slightly thinner towards the back crown area but not overly noticeable. Again, no hair fibers here so other then a bit of clay product for styling, it’s as natural as it gets. I could address this area as well but for now, I’m enjoying what I’ve got. 

1.25 mg Fin daily 

2.5 oral min daily. 

I’ll check back in at 12 month mark. 

• Like 4

• 4 weeks later...
On 4/9/2023 at 8:50 PM, AStark said:

7.5 months….time flies. 

just a quick update. I think from the outside looking in you wouldn’t see improvements since the 6 month mark but I can still see a ton of shorter thinner hairs growing and maturing in the hairline. I expect it’ll be thicker over time but as I’ve been saying for months, I’m happy with the results. Any improvement is icing on the cake at this point. 

Here’s a before and after in natural lighting 

D6C61BE3-0AC4-40AB-A22E-61C40EDB0C84.thumb.jpeg.86a5b1d8b4a79f291ad1a12b23d12ce2.jpeg

left side I was loaded with fibers, right side not a single one. Could have gone lower with the hairline and maybe I will I’ve always had a larger forehead so I’m not stressing over it. 

Same natural lighting top down view. 
15628FFA-3494-45BA-AB8E-1AB05E9D6B8B.thumb.jpeg.a7bfa61cfc7ec41d1ca1b0605cd2e276.jpeg

Still slightly thinner towards the back crown area but not overly noticeable. Again, no hair fibers here so other then a bit of clay product for styling, it’s as natural as it gets. I could address this area as well but for now, I’m enjoying what I’ve got. 

1.25 mg Fin daily 

2.5 oral min daily. 

I’ll check back in at 12 month mark. 

Hey man. Do you recall your calculated hair density in the transplant area? (average number of follicular units considering recipient area and number of transplanted grafts)

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Marv1992 said:

Hey man. Do you recall your calculated hair density in the transplant area? (average number of follicular units considering recipient area and number of transplanted grafts)

Honestly, I don’t brother. I know she went over that the day of but I can’t recall and don’t want to start throwing out guesses lol

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

10 month update…..

I’ve had a few people messaging so I came back to provide a 10 month update from my FUE procedure w/ Dr. Nadimi. 

You can look back through this thread to get all the details and progress updates of my procedure. 

Overall, I am extremely happy.  It’s not “perfect” but a massive improvement from where I started. 

1. Frontal shot in natural lighting outdoors  

IMG_5446.thumb.jpeg.2e1e438d723edac16fceee59bfce40ed.jpeg

2. Overhead shot with harsher fluorescent lighting overhead IMG_5504.thumb.jpeg.b73dfb09b9dcaca21dab9c550b8f7c83.jpeg

Still a bit thin in the top/back area but I only had 150 +/- grafts placed around the crown as they were left over after the frontal area was complete. Even with a small amount of grafts this area really improved. 

I’ve been taking 2.5mg oral min and 1.25mg fin daily for the past 8 months or so. 

I doubt there will be much improvement to note from this point on but I’m happy as it is today so I’m not sweating it. I can’t help but wonder what I could get with a second round but I’m not there yet. Time will tell. 

Only regret is waiting so long. 

• Like 6
  • Well Done 1

• Administrators
On 6/26/2023 at 7:38 AM, AStark said:

10 month update…..

I’ve had a few people messaging so I came back to provide a 10 month update from my FUE procedure w/ Dr. Nadimi. 

You can look back through this thread to get all the details and progress updates of my procedure. 

Overall, I am extremely happy.  It’s not “perfect” but a massive improvement from where I started. 

1. Frontal shot in natural lighting outdoors  

IMG_5446.thumb.jpeg.2e1e438d723edac16fceee59bfce40ed.jpeg

2. Overhead shot with harsher fluorescent lighting overhead IMG_5504.thumb.jpeg.b73dfb09b9dcaca21dab9c550b8f7c83.jpeg

Still a bit thin in the top/back area but I only had 150 +/- grafts placed around the crown as they were left over after the frontal area was complete. Even with a small amount of grafts this area really improved. 

I’ve been taking 2.5mg oral min and 1.25mg fin daily for the past 8 months or so. 

I doubt there will be much improvement to note from this point on but I’m happy as it is today so I’m not sweating it. I can’t help but wonder what I could get with a second round but I’m not there yet. Time will tell. 

Only regret is waiting so long. 

Wow this is absolutely amazing 🤩 

• Like 1

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

My favorite result I've ever seen.  @AStark thanks again for all your info and sharing in this thread.  Solidified my decision to book my consultation with Dr. Nadimi in a few months.  Here's hoping I can follow in your footsteps.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Here it is…..12 month update 

As promised here is the 12 month update. I’ll spare repeating all the details and information I’ve already posted and just say I’m 100% satisfied. IMG_0668.thumb.jpeg.0cbfd574aaa55569f85541a58865ce63.jpeg

I suppose nothing is perfect but when I went into this, I was prepared mentally  for the possibility that 2 procedures would be needed at least to get my hair back, now I’m not so sure. 

I’ve seen others post about hair envy or something along these lines, seeing the results Dr. Nadimi gave me, I can help but wonder what a 2nd procedure could turn out but for now My worst hair days today are better then my best hair days a year ago so, I’m happy. 

Thanks again to everyone here who’s posted their journeys and provided their time and collective information to help guys me make the leap. I wish I had found this site and Dr. Nadimi a fews prior but better late then never. 

• Like 4
  • Wow 2
  • Well Done 1

Just in case the lighting seemed favorable on the last one (and it was lol) here’s a few angles in outdoor natural lighting. Not the harshest either I suppose but a bit more revealing of the end density result.

IMG_0675.thumb.jpeg.147b2ac374a2e5eb5759ac2ec80b9a9a.jpeg

No concealers here. I use a matte clay to style but that’s it here. 

Under the harshest lighting at an overhead angle, I suppose the “illusion of density” gives way a bit more but like I said nothing is perfect. 

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, stephcurry30 said:

Insane result! You must be thrilled! not sure why you would even need a 2nd surgery?

I don’t believe I do lol only reason really might be to add any density or reconstruct the hairline a bit lower but I’m not there by any means. I’m enjoying the results I have and most likely won’t go back unless loss progresses, then I may reconsider. 

I think it’s probably common to want to go a bit further with any result but it’s probably wise to follow the “if it ain’t broke don’t fix it” logic on these procedures. 

thanks for the kind words bro. This was def a journey but glad I finally pulled the trigger. It was way worse in my head going into it all then it actually turned out to be lol

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, AStark said:

I don’t believe I do lol only reason really might be to add any density or reconstruct the hairline a bit lower but I’m not there by any means. I’m enjoying the results I have and most likely won’t go back unless loss progresses, then I may reconsider. 

I think it’s probably common to want to go a bit further with any result but it’s probably wise to follow the “if it ain’t broke don’t fix it” logic on these procedures. 

thanks for the kind words bro. This was def a journey but glad I finally pulled the trigger. It was way worse in my head going into it all then it actually turned out to be lol

agree, was going to say "if it ain't broke don't fix it"! it could always end up worse, and right now you've got better hair than 95% of men. a lot of times when i've seen the hairline lowered to previous areas that were 100% bald it ends up looking worse, not enough density. especially for hairstyles like yours where you want to spike it up

i also wouldn't expect it to get worse given your age (assuming 30+) and assuming you stay on fin

congratulations!

• Like 1

12 hours ago, mark91 said:

agree, was going to say "if it ain't broke don't fix it"! it could always end up worse, and right now you've got better hair than 95% of men. a lot of times when i've seen the hairline lowered to previous areas that were 100% bald it ends up looking worse, not enough density. especially for hairstyles like yours where you want to spike it up

i also wouldn't expect it to get worse given your age (assuming 30+) and assuming you stay on fin

congratulations!

Thanks bro. I agree 100%. I’m 39 and on meds (Fin & Oral Min) so fingers crossed this whole thing holds up over time. I don’t think my heart could handle losing my hair all over again 😂 

21 hours ago, AStark said:

Just in case the lighting seemed favorable on the last one (and it was lol) here’s a few angles in outdoor natural lighting. Not the harshest either I suppose but a bit more revealing of the end density result.

IMG_0675.thumb.jpeg.147b2ac374a2e5eb5759ac2ec80b9a9a.jpeg

No concealers here. I use a matte clay to style but that’s it here. 

Under the harshest lighting at an overhead angle, I suppose the “illusion of density” gives way a bit more but like I said nothing is perfect. 

Insane results, life changing, congratulations buddy! 

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...