2510 Graft FUE w/ Dr. Nadimi (8/25/2022)

AStark

Awesome result however I think starting finasteride and oral minoxidil postop has given you a huge boost, especially in the crown and mid scalp which were not touched with many grafts. I would consider bumping up the oral minoxidil dose to 5mg/day to see if it fully brings back the crown.

Edited by Tiger2050
  • Like 1

On 9/9/2023 at 3:38 PM, Tiger2050 said:

Awesome result however I think starting finasteride and oral minoxidil postop has given you a huge boost, especially in the crown and mid scalp which were not touched with many grafts. I would consider bumping up the oral minoxidil dose to 5mg/day to see if it fully brings back the crown.

Thank you! I don’t doubt your assumption. It’s hard to say the impact since I hadn’t started prior but it certainly seems as though it could have  assisted in the final outcome. I’ve considered bumping, I’ve seen others say the same but not sure what the science is behind an increase in dosage 🤷‍♂️ 

• 1 month later...
On 6/26/2023 at 10:38 AM, AStark said:

10 month update…..

I’ve had a few people messaging so I came back to provide a 10 month update from my FUE procedure w/ Dr. Nadimi. 

You can look back through this thread to get all the details and progress updates of my procedure. 

Overall, I am extremely happy.  It’s not “perfect” but a massive improvement from where I started. 

1. Frontal shot in natural lighting outdoors  

IMG_5446.thumb.jpeg.2e1e438d723edac16fceee59bfce40ed.jpeg

2. Overhead shot with harsher fluorescent lighting overhead IMG_5504.thumb.jpeg.b73dfb09b9dcaca21dab9c550b8f7c83.jpeg

Still a bit thin in the top/back area but I only had 150 +/- grafts placed around the crown as they were left over after the frontal area was complete. Even with a small amount of grafts this area really improved. 

I’ve been taking 2.5mg oral min and 1.25mg fin daily for the past 8 months or so. 

I doubt there will be much improvement to note from this point on but I’m happy as it is today so I’m not sweating it. I can’t help but wonder what I could get with a second round but I’m not there yet. Time will tell. 

Only regret is waiting so long. 

The thinning in the back is nothing.. this has framed your face so well, and it legit looks as natural as it could get. You're a stud, enjoy the results!

• Like 1

On 10/20/2023 at 1:53 PM, ALittelTeal said:

Hi AStark - Have you seen continued improvements beyond 1 year?

It’s really hard to tell on improvements at this point. Certainly no regression but the improvements at this point are minimal and just hard to see. I think I’m at the full result point. 

Not much to update but here’s a few photos from today of the front and top

IMG_2092.thumb.jpeg.db20b2f2771416770b905c2fc49df15b.jpegIMG_2090.thumb.png.cb90b9ae9830260e6b885dac0c99c68e.png

and to put into perspective here’s a starting point to just a few days ago.
IMG_2091.thumb.jpeg.f9497f742895f24c2019e0afcb2a23c6.jpeg

I’m so used to seeing my hair as it is now that seeing where I started, I don’t remember it being that bad 😂 

I’m still 100% happy, Just not sure there’s much improvements moving forward other then maybe the texture and maturity of the transplanted hair. 

• Like 5

15 hours ago, AStark said:

It’s really hard to tell on improvements at this point. Certainly no regression but the improvements at this point are minimal and just hard to see. I think I’m at the full result point. 

Not much to update but here’s a few photos from today of the front and top

IMG_2092.thumb.jpeg.db20b2f2771416770b905c2fc49df15b.jpegIMG_2090.thumb.png.cb90b9ae9830260e6b885dac0c99c68e.png

and to put into perspective here’s a starting point to just a few days ago.
IMG_2091.thumb.jpeg.f9497f742895f24c2019e0afcb2a23c6.jpeg

I’m so used to seeing my hair as it is now that seeing where I started, I don’t remember it being that bad 😂 

I’m still 100% happy, Just not sure there’s much improvements moving forward other then maybe the texture and maturity of the transplanted hair. 

Incredible life changing results!

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

@AStark great results I'm seeing nadimi Dec 12. I've ruled out konior based on bad reddit and Google reviews on him recently on altering angulations

Question I have for you if you don't mind since nadimi is one of my top 3 choices now aide from Dr Loarwong sethi & couto.

Since I live here in Chicago I would love to stay with nadimi since is more into restoring me whole compare to konior just hairline and nothing else. which I will ask many questions.

Is the hair angulations that is my concern.

Are you able to style it every way like mine is very managable if you comb it right/left/down/up & backwards Does the transplanted hair move every direction along with the native hair or does the hairline just stays spiked up or different direction than native hair. Even with just my hand in able to move it every way.

would appreciated it if you can comment on that or even provide photos of hair styled in all directions if it's not much to ask as most results here are spiked up not showcasing being able to do different styles than just up or slick back.

Though I got a bad yield lack of density and minis I'm looking for that natural way mine is now where transplanted hair and native hair all blend in nicely whichever direction I comb it.

Konior recommended one procedure hairline only and to spike my hair up so I had to cross him off  upon recent findings online and I was willing to go this winter with him if someone cancel. But for the hefty price and only getting hairline after more consultations and being able to cover more ground I'm sort of glad I cancel and taking my time and getting more opinions on many doctors from this network which I'm grateful for making me choose wisely.

• Like 1

• 3 months later...
On 12/2/2023 at 11:15 AM, Yoni said:

@AStark great results I'm seeing nadimi Dec 12. I've ruled out konior based on bad reddit and Google reviews on him recently on altering angulations

Question I have for you if you don't mind since nadimi is one of my top 3 choices now aide from Dr Loarwong sethi & couto.

Since I live here in Chicago I would love to stay with nadimi since is more into restoring me whole compare to konior just hairline and nothing else. which I will ask many questions.

Is the hair angulations that is my concern.

Are you able to style it every way like mine is very managable if you comb it right/left/down/up & backwards Does the transplanted hair move every direction along with the native hair or does the hairline just stays spiked up or different direction than native hair. Even with just my hand in able to move it every way.

would appreciated it if you can comment on that or even provide photos of hair styled in all directions if it's not much to ask as most results here are spiked up not showcasing being able to do different styles than just up or slick back.

Though I got a bad yield lack of density and minis I'm looking for that natural way mine is now where transplanted hair and native hair all blend in nicely whichever direction I comb it.

Konior recommended one procedure hairline only and to spike my hair up so I had to cross him off  upon recent findings online and I was willing to go this winter with him if someone cancel. But for the hefty price and only getting hairline after more consultations and being able to cover more ground I'm sort of glad I cancel and taking my time and getting more opinions on many doctors from this network which I'm grateful for making me choose wisely.

My hair is extremely coarse and has some real wave to it so my styling options are somewhat limited.  

My hair has NEVER wanted to do what I wanted it do without product or being wet. I’ve noticed no difference from the transplant. I used to hate my hair growing up for these reasons. I never had the flowing in the wind kind of hair like John Stamos that you could just run your hands through and it look great lol, mine was more like a thick bush that needed constant conditioning and thinning to tame it. It wasn’t until I lost a majority of it and now have it back that I actually appreciate the texture and condition. 

As far as angulations, I have not noticed any issues with that at all and have never seen anyone complain about Nadimi or Konoir for that issue but not to say it hasn’t happened, it certainly isn’t an issue in my case anyways.

My hair will lay flat but starts to curl out once it grows beyond an inch or two if worn that way. Kids style their hair like that I’m seeing but mine will do it naturally. It did before hair loss and still does after the HT. I just don’t wear it down like that. Haven’t for 20 years lol 

Here are a few 18 month update photos but I don’t really style my hair differently. At its current length I am in need of a haircut and beard trim BIG TIME but I’m kind of enjoying the comments of how thick my hair looks and that I should let it keep growing. IMG_6231.thumb.jpeg.dea18b252c036808a671a657403aca5c.jpegIMG_6232.thumb.jpeg.1d09e9d97eb5bef30c9a6ab280908335.jpegIMG_6149.thumb.png.7912c058649fd172f301479c015ea666.pngIMG_6068.thumb.png.a00f63d306fb64bd9c8dc3efe4745ef7.pngIMG_6059.thumb.png.9ea79c469c684e3f748487aafa16f853.png

these may not help you as I don’t really style my hair too many different ways at this length but I have zero complaints. Looks and feels as natural as it ever has. 

• Like 3

Looks amazing hair bro, I haven’t been on here in an awhile and logged in tonight to see Wolf  Man Jack ,👍😄😄😄

Im going to update tomorrow, I’m very happy with my outcome as well, Dr. Nadimi is awesome! 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Chetman2112 said:

Looks amazing hair bro, I haven’t been on here in an awhile and logged in tonight to see Wolf  Man Jack ,👍😄😄😄

Im going to update tomorrow, I’m very happy with my outcome as well, Dr. Nadimi is awesome! 

Haha Thanks bro. It’s crazy it’s been almost 2 years. Best decision I made was choosing Dr. Nadimi. I will look for your update. 

I can’t make the claim that my results are typical but seems to be the norm from Nadimi from what I’ve seen. I always have to mention that I believe my hair characteristic’s play a part in the result as well. Having super coarse hair I believe adds to the density factor but I have to believe that the biggest factor is in the surgeon. 

What’s wild is I am constantly getting comments about how nice and thick my hair is when I just 18 months ago I was so tired of stressing over hair loss I was contemplating just shaving it all off. 

• Like 1

Hair still looks absolutely insane man... honestly Nadimi should comp you and use your results for marketing purposes

Also you look like Wes Bentley... or one of the Starks from Winterfell since you've got the name and now the hair

• Like 1

On 3/9/2024 at 3:40 PM, Hangman said:

Hair still looks absolutely insane man... honestly Nadimi should comp you and use your results for marketing purposes

Also you look like Wes Bentley... or one of the Starks from Winterfell since you've got the name and now the hair

Thanks bro…It’s still weird hearing people compliment my hair since before the HT I hadn’t heard anyone say that since my college years (I’m 40) 

I feel it’s really come into its own and I’m definitely glad I finally pulled the trigger on this and even happier that (thanks to this forum) I found Dr. Nadimi. She really nailed it.