2510 Graft FUE w/ Dr. Nadimi (8/25/2022)

AStark

1 hour ago, Chetman2112 said:

A few more weeks and you will start to see big changes starting, I’m actually in Chicago just finished my procedure with Dr Nadimi about 1.5 hours ago, couldn’t be happier with the procedure, will post soon. 

Congrats brother. I look forward to seeing your story and following your journey. 

It’s an interesting process. They aren’t lying when they say the first three months are long lol

I guess we never know for sure how this whole thing is going to look in the end but I don’t stress about it. Having done a lot of research I realized going into it that everyone grows at different rates and not much happens for most in the first 3-4 months…but I’d be lying if I didn’t say I was anxiously awaiting that 4-5 month mark lol 

Good luck with everything. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

3 Month Update: 

Not a lot to report. There’s def some growth happening but not sure how far ahead or behind I would be considered. 

No complaints…just remaining patient.

I understand I’m still early in the process and that the 3/4 month mark is usually just the start of growth so not too worried at the moment. I can certainly see the new hair line forming, especially when I pull my hair back. There’s a TON of baby like hairs and new hairs popping that aren’t easily visible under certain lighting or from a distance. Guessing that’s normal and new growth 🤷‍♂️ just Keeping the faith this whole thing will work out haha. 

For reference I’ve attached a photo to show the start of 60 days compared to the start of 90 days. 

I’ve taken these photos over head with flash on and hair brushed up for the worst possible view 😂 

DC7519BE-7CAA-4A17-8F98-5811960B9126.thumb.jpeg.3b603bb952e204e69d602941219e71a3.jpeg

Here’s a straight on shot in natural lighting. At least I can style my hair again and haven’t been wearing a hat anywhere for the past 3 weeks or so.

7BCBBD2E-D5D4-4C2A-8B39-7FC96D71CD34.jpeg.2f239938fb77bf6fe11709f5d609ac18.jpeg

If there’s significant improvement at month 4/5 I’ll update. If not, I’ll post back at 6 months either way. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Chetman2112 said:

Looking good buddy, just have to have patience, but definitely see a very nice hairline forming. I’m on day 14 and my hair looks perfect, dreading the ugly duckling stage that I know is right around the corner but it’s all part of the process. 

Thanks man, I too was loving the first few weeks of the buzzed look with the new hair line (short lived lol). 

It’s nice to see some growth, hoping the days ahead will continue to bear fruit in the follicular region. 

• 2 weeks later...

3.5 Month Update 

Posting today to say that the results have really started to take off. It’s obviously still very early at only 3.5 months so I’m not taking a victory lap but aesthetically speaking my hair situation took a turn for the better in the past few weeks. 

A proper haircut I believe helped with that as well as I was able to even out the newer growing hairs with existing to eliminate the big gap in length. 

If this were as far as it went I would say I’d be disappointed with the overall density but it’s my understanding that this should only increase from here so I’m not complaining or concerned. It’s already an improvement from where I started. 

Here’s a side by side of Nov 12 front on shot and then this morning. 

D999C4E7-DEDC-4658-B1F7-A05C9E0C0AF3.thumb.jpeg.17261d92c5a153db2d0e2af884b5d466.jpeg

Still some gaps along the hair line I hope will even out but even today there’s quite a few smaller hairs popping through along the hairline and behind it. 

Here’s a top down fee with hair slightly wetted and combed up/back with flash to give worse possible lighting and angle.

0ECF0F26-D0B0-49AF-BD24-62F56E42AC40.thumb.jpeg.83edbb56868125516b74c4cf1768531d.jpeg

This angle makes it all look thinner than it actually appears in person but gives a better view of the new growth. Right side is lagging behind but I believe gaps and uneven growth are expected at this stage. I actually feel (despite the bad view of this photo) that my crown has seen improvement as well. 

1mg Fin daily since 3 days post op 

2.5mg Oral Min daily for past 45-60 days 

I also take biotin, collagen and a few other vitamins daily but not sure I can say what kinds of results these are having on their own  

Under right lighting, things are looking on point. Here’s a comparison to before operation and after with both photos having a small bit of fibers added 

pre op 

4F8D6628-F657-4110-BAAA-E66BD51471FD.jpeg.8091704251c7b671638667191dc38417.jpeg

post op 3.5 months 

205A7054-CC7D-4880-A4FF-DF86126A8E9F.thumb.jpeg.afa74fa496c4e8b70b8cdf4d1354fd1e.jpeg

hoping for further improvements through months 4-6. I’ll post back soon. 

for anyone wondering, donor looks literally untouched. Even to a trained eye I don’t think you’d notice but I think it’s immaculate. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Chetman2112 said:

Looking awesome, Nadimi is a brilliant surgeon!

She really is. I feel the worst is behind me at this point and I look forward to seeing how things progress over the next 3-6 months. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, 5BetaReductase said:

That’s already a huge change in the hairline and framing of your face. Your 3.5 month looks like most peoples 5-6 month update. This is gonna be fantastic.

I’ve def seen the most improvement in the hairline and framing in the past 30 days. 

I know it’s still early days but I’m assuming improvements from here should be expected 🤷‍♂️ I’m happy with progress so far but it’s always difficult to discern how ahead or behind the ball you are. It seems everyone has different growth rates at different times. 

There are a lot of stubble type hairs in and just behind the hairline that I’m assuming are new hairs that have popped through. It will be interesting to see how this progresses from here. 

Thanks for the kind words. 

• 3 weeks later...

4 Month + 1 Week 

I have to be honest, I’m extremely happy with the results at this point. if it stopped here today I’d say it’s a solid cosmetic improvement but of course, I’m hoping for more growth being only just past the 4 month mark. It’s still early days and I can def see more hairs, along the hair line especially, popping through or shorter than the rest. 

2FBD5DDB-0E7C-4A54-B0B9-85D90841ECF4.thumb.jpeg.f00d559f720884073ad404a15ed87f8c.jpeg

I wish I had more pre transplant photos of this over head shot bc the crown looks a bit thin in this photo but it looks way better then it did pre op and that’s pretty well all from the oral Fin & Min I’d have to guess as I only has 160 grafts placed in that area. 

19605099-C758-4875-80B0-42EAB5DACEDF.thumb.jpeg.bb8fde6c9db41d32fe38dfe586639225.jpeg

The facial framing and ease of styling has been the most noticeable improvement  the density seems solid too. For the first time in 3-4 years I don’t have to use hair fibers. For those who know, this is a huge relief. 

The ONLY complaint I would have (and this is nothing to do with Dr  Nadimi) would be that I would like the hairline a tad lower but that was my choice.  I can wanted to see how things went before I committed more grafts to the process. I may or may not do this again but if I would, I’d drop it just slightly.

I’m sure theres always that desire for perfection BUT….If I never got the hair line lowered and what I have improved even slightly from here, I’d be 100% happy with my choice. 

It’s honestly better than I expected it would be after 6-8 months at this point. I’m interested to see how it could improve from here. 

I’ll post back at month 6. 

• Like 3

19 minutes ago, Spring15 said:

Big improvement already. Did you used to play rugby?

No rugy, wrestling for years & current Jiu Jitsu brown belt. 

I’m assuming you’re asking bc of the ears but if I’m off, no, no rugby lol. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, AStark said:

No rugy, wrestling for years & current Jiu Jitsu brown belt. 

I’m assuming you’re asking bc of the ears but if I’m off, no, no rugby lol. 

Yes the ears, Ok my second guess would have been some form of martial arts. 👍

• Like 1

Just wanted to make my first post to say this is looking great and I'm anxious to see more.  Currently debating on taking the plunge on a HT and Nadimi is my front runner.  I believe we have very similar cases as well so I will be following this closely.  Thanks for sharing.

• Like 1

On 11/6/2022 at 8:17 PM, Fut2022 said:

@Chetman2112Hey there, I know this isn't my thread but I recently had a procedure with Dr. Nadimi - 3 weeks ago to be exact.

So, I got there at 6:45 as you mentioned and we didn't discuss the hairline design too long as I gave her full control BUT it did take a while to draw it. Like Konior she is a perfectionist and there was one side she went over around a dozen times to get it just right. 

My surgery ended around 4? I can't say for certain but it might've been a little bit later. I had a FUT procedure of 2,000 grafts and I actually bled a little more than the average person during so that may have prolonged it. Feel free to DM me if you'd like design + post op photos. I will not be making a thread until growth. 

Could you post some immediately post op pics? Id like to see how her Fut looks compared to her Fue right after. How was the fut recovery? Why did you decide on fut instead of fue?

On 12/13/2022 at 7:10 AM, AStark said:

I’ve def seen the most improvement in the hairline and framing in the past 30 days. 

I know it’s still early days but I’m assuming improvements from here should be expected 🤷‍♂️ I’m happy with progress so far but it’s always difficult to discern how ahead or behind the ball you are. It seems everyone has different growth rates at different times. 

There are a lot of stubble type hairs in and just behind the hairline that I’m assuming are new hairs that have popped through. It will be interesting to see how this progresses from here. 

Thanks for the kind words. 

You said the donor looks untouched...you don't see any little curcle scars from the fue? During initial recovery did you have a lot of itchiness, swelling or pain?

6 hours ago, medoh199 said:

You said the donor looks untouched...you don't see any little curcle scars from the fue? During initial recovery did you have a lot of itchiness, swelling or pain?

No circular scars visible that I can see. My hairs cut at a #2 on the sides right now but I’ve had it as low as #1 a month or so post op and didn’t notice any. For sure nothing an untrained eye would ever notice. 

had some itching for a few weeks post op and I actually swelled in the face quite a bit the first week but subsided quickly. No complications, just looked a bit silly. Literally zero pain. Worst part I suppose is the anesthesia shots at the start but nothing more. 

12 hours ago, Hangman said:

Just wanted to make my first post to say this is looking great and I'm anxious to see more.  Currently debating on taking the plunge on a HT and Nadimi is my front runner.  I believe we have very similar cases as well so I will be following this closely.  Thanks for sharing.

Don’t even second guess it with Dr. Nadimi. Lots of great doctors out here and she is def one of them. This has turned out as I had hoped but def better than I was expecting at this point in the process. 

I would only expect things to improve from this point but will continue to update as months go on. 

On 1/1/2023 at 10:50 PM, AStark said:

4 Month + 1 Week 

I have to be honest, I’m extremely happy with the results at this point. if it stopped here today I’d say it’s a solid cosmetic improvement but of course, I’m hoping for more growth being only just past the 4 month mark. It’s still early days and I can def see more hairs, along the hair line especially, popping through or shorter than the rest. 

2FBD5DDB-0E7C-4A54-B0B9-85D90841ECF4.thumb.jpeg.f00d559f720884073ad404a15ed87f8c.jpeg

I wish I had more pre transplant photos of this over head shot bc the crown looks a bit thin in this photo but it looks way better then it did pre op and that’s pretty well all from the oral Fin & Min I’d have to guess as I only has 160 grafts placed in that area. 

19605099-C758-4875-80B0-42EAB5DACEDF.thumb.jpeg.bb8fde6c9db41d32fe38dfe586639225.jpeg

The facial framing and ease of styling has been the most noticeable improvement  the density seems solid too. For the first time in 3-4 years I don’t have to use hair fibers. For those who know, this is a huge relief. 

The ONLY complaint I would have (and this is nothing to do with Dr  Nadimi) would be that I would like the hairline a tad lower but that was my choice.  I can wanted to see how things went before I committed more grafts to the process. I may or may not do this again but if I would, I’d drop it just slightly.

I’m sure theres always that desire for perfection BUT….If I never got the hair line lowered and what I have improved even slightly from here, I’d be 100% happy with my choice. 

It’s honestly better than I expected it would be after 6-8 months at this point. I’m interested to see how it could improve from here. 

I’ll post back at month 6. 

Looks great buddy, and you still have lots of growth coming. Nadimi is a brilliant! 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Hangman said:

If you decide that a HT is right for you then Nadimi is a great choice, I’m out 1.5 months from my surgery with her and couldn’t be happier. I’ll post an update on my own thread.