Your Input Requested Regarding the Potential Recommendation of Dr. Christina Vryonidou- HDC Clinic

• Administrators

As most of you know, we request input from our patient-based community and our recommended physicians before we approve a surgeon for a recommendation. We invite you to review the below information about Dr. Christina at HDC Clinic, and her results. Please post a reply with your opinion. You can also message us privately if you prefer.

Dr. Christina has been producing top-notch results, many of which have been posted on our discussion forum. She plays an integral part in every procedure at HDC alongside Dr. Maras.

We are now considering her for a potential recommendation. As the community knows, this requires that she meet our community standards of performing ultra-refined follicular unit grafting with consistently high yields. Our surgeons are expected to have the capacity for dense-packed follicular unit grafting and have the ability to perform large sessions, transplanting thousands of follicular units per day with consistently high yields.

Some clinics can produce one-off results, but very few have the capability and staff to perform quality results with good growth consistently. Our recommended physicians must operate transparently and be held accountable, knowing their patients may come to our forum and review them right after surgery. Transparency builds trust and accountability, which is the foundation for credibility. 

Why do we feel Dr. Christina is Worthy of our Recommendation?

Dr. Christina Vryonidou has been performing Hair Transplant Surgery exclusively for nearly a decade from 2014 onward. Dr. Christina graduated from the Aristotle School of Medicine in Athens, Greece in 2013. Before HDC, she worked in a state hospital in Cyprus and is a proud member of the Cyprus Medical association. She began working at HDC Hair Clinic in 2014, where she spent almost two years training alongside Dr. Maras and Dr. Cole when he was visiting HDC, honing and perfecting her surgical technique and skill.

Dr. Christina’s Surgical Protocol 

She has proven her ability to perform hair transplant surgeries by delivering exceptional results. She is known to be a perfectionist, pursues very natural-looking hairline designs, and can work on high-density results if required, and appropriate for the patient. She provides her patients with the most effective hair restoration procedures with minimally invasive approaches and advanced techniques. 

Dr. Christina’s typical FUE procedures are between 3500-4500 grafts. They are performed on two consecutive days to ensure optimal donor management while paying critical detail to the recipient zone. Dr. Christina uses between 0.8-0.9mm size punches. She performs FUE exclusively. She uses motorized and manual punches depending on the patient’s hair characteristics. 

She understands the recipient-to-donor relevance and provides patients with results that will look natural over time, keeping in mind future hair loss and restoration needs. She does not overharvest and gives the appropriate density to the recipient according to the patient's donor capabilities. 

She is approachable and easy to talk to, and she cares deeply about her patients, making the process as comfortable and pain-free as possible as she has a soft hand for local Anesthesia. She is always honest, explains realistic expectations to her patients, and manages their expectations, which is critical. Last but certainly not least, she is an excellent value at 2.0-2.4 euros per graft for those looking for affordable quality.

Below are some examples of her work, her portfolio speaks for itself:

• Like 2

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

• Administrators

Please share your feedback 🙏🏼

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

View my thread

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

• Administrators
2 minutes ago, Gatsby said:

Yes I think Dr Christina has produced some really good, consistent work. 👍

Thanks Adrian 🙌🏼

View my thread

• Administrators
40 minutes ago, civic said:

Would be great to see some patient reviewed results. 

She’s involved in HDC as a whole, so HDC reviews have her work as well.

• Like 1

View my thread

From what I can see, this looks like excellent workmanship. And with only 3500 to 4500 grafts. I had 4200 hundred FUT with Hasson/Wong many years ago. And they too did great work with much density. But for some reason this looks like more. This could also be the lighting and the angle of pictures. I would not hesitate to see this doctor depending on the price and the location.

• Like 1

• Administrators
1 hour ago, RabbitHare said:

From what I can see, this looks like excellent workmanship. And with only 3500 to 4500 grafts. I had 4200 hundred FUT with Hasson/Wong many years ago. And they too did great work with much density. But for some reason this looks like more. This could also be the lighting and the angle of pictures. I would not hesitate to see this doctor depending on the price and the location.

Her price point is excellent at 2€ per graft. 

• Like 1

View my thread

She has put out some great work no doubt. However, I agree that we need more vetting before adding a surgeon. Patient posted results are a must imo. And not ones that are sent by the clinic to sign up, post a quick story, then disappear.

so from me, she appears to be a good surgeon but it’s too early to add her to the forum recommended list for now.

4 hours ago, Melvin- Moderator said:

Her price point is excellent at 2€ per graft. 

Dr Christina Vryonidou might be a good doctor, not a lot of reviews though.

Today, I checked on HDC's website and rate seems to have increased by 20%. Now the rate is 2.40 euros.

image.png.c096122d017dbc1f71017145fe037289.png

• Administrators
14 minutes ago, Antlor said:

Dr Christina Vryonidou might be a good doctor, not a lot of reviews though.

Today, I checked on HDC's website and rate seems to have increased by 20%. Now the rate is 2.40 euros.

image.png.c096122d017dbc1f71017145fe037289.png

It’s between 2.0-2.4. I believe she’s 2.0-2.2 in general, and Dr. Maras is 2.4. I’m tagging @Doron Harati he has interacted with many of her patients hopefully he can share some reviews here. 

83B565DB-6560-496E-9886-B889F9B303EE.png

View my thread

Price for Dr. Christina is 2.0 - 2.2 Euros per graft, she's a surgeon in the clinic since 2015, I'll post some reviews specifically for Dr. Christina:

This is a blog by the paitent Guy Itzhak he had 3011 grafts with good thick donor and fast growth, he's the administrator of the biggest Israeli hair transplant Facebook group " Hamushtalim " with more than 15000 members, he had his procedure on 2018, you can read it with assistance with Google Translate, our clinic have a large population of Israeli paitents including myself since Israel and Cyprus are very near (30 minutes flight), some of the photos are result development till the final result.

You're all more than welcome to ask me anything and show intrest for Dr. Christina, we are very proud with her work, she was trained by Dr. Maras, you can reach me on my WhatsApp +972526542654

Dr. Christina review blog⬇️

https://www.hamushtalim.co.il/stories/2644/

Screenshot_20220831_224208.jpg

Screenshot_20220831_224236.jpg

Screenshot_20220831_224303.jpg

Screenshot_20220831_224321.jpg

Screenshot_20220831_224346.jpg

Screenshot_20220831_224335.jpg

Edited by Doron Harati
  • Like 3

Doron Harati - Patient coordinator for HDC Hair Clinic, HT procedures are done by MD Doctors with Microscope FUE.

For consultation contact me: WhatsApp +972526542654

Mail:doronhdc@gmail.com

HDC Instegram: https://instagram.com/doronhairadvisor_hdc?igshid=YmMyMTA2M2Y=

* All comments from this account should not be taken or construed as medical advice, all comments are only the personal opinions of the poster.

This is review by a NW6 Israeli paitent Snir Sasson that had a procedure by Dr. Christina with limited donor, he's very happy both with the growth and donor preservation, he will have a 2nd procedure with Dr. Christina for his middle scalp - crown, it's 7.5 months post result that the paitent with his user posted, we have later photos that we'll post soon with his face as he approved, I'll photos and link to his review in "HaMushtalim" group, but you need to sign this private group:

https://www.facebook.com/groups/hamushtalim/permalink/1274928019917043/

Screenshot_20220831-221748_Facebook.jpg

Screenshot_20220831-222611_Facebook.jpg

Screenshot_20220831-221733_Facebook.jpg

• Like 2

Doron Harati - Patient coordinator for HDC Hair Clinic, HT procedures are done by MD Doctors with Microscope FUE.

* All comments from this account should not be taken or construed as medical advice, all comments are only the personal opinions of the poster.

This is a result for a British paitent that was NW6 and had 2 surgeries with Dr. Christina, he sent us this video to post his final result with 7650 grafts in total:

https://youtu.be/YYWbt5q4GMc

Screenshot_20220831_225719.jpg

Edited by Doron Harati
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Doron Harati said:

This is review by a NW6 Israeli paitent Snir Sasson that had a procedure by Dr. Christina with limited donor, he's very happy both with the growth and donor preservation, he will have a 2nd procedure with Dr. Christina for his middle scalp - crown, it's 7.5 months post result that the paitent with his user posted, we have later photos that we'll post soon with his face as he approved, I'll photos and link to his review in "HaMushtalim" group, but you need to sign this private group:

https://www.facebook.com/groups/hamushtalim/permalink/1274928019917043/

Screenshot_20220831-221748_Facebook.jpg

Screenshot_20220831-222611_Facebook.jpg

Screenshot_20220831-221733_Facebook.jpg

Good result for 7.5 months

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, BaldBobby said:

Good result for 7.5 months

And his donor was limited to start from but we were able to make exceptions with the paitent to be happy with his result and to determine a continuous 2nd procedure, you can all reach these paitents privately on Facebook.

• Thanks 1

Just now, Doron Harati said:

And his donor was limited to start from but we were able to make exceptions with the paitent to be happy with his result and to determine a continuous 2nd procedure, you can all reach these paitents privately on Facebook.

exceptions? did you use beard and body hair?

10 minutes ago, BaldBobby said:

exceptions? did you use beard and body hair?

Yes we do beard grafts, we prepare a special day only for beard grafts surgery because the skin at that area is very soft which make the punch and extraction more demanding so we want the beard grafts to survive since time is limited, usually we do 2 days of surgery for the scalp donor and for the beard we schedule a 3rd day (or 2nd if the scalp had only 1 day).

At the consultation we can send results to paitents that want to know their potential.

• Like 2

• Administrators

@Doron Harati thanks for sharing these patient reviews.

• Thanks 1

View my thread

This is Barney Duly from UK which I still coordinate, he was NW6 with thin and limited donor, he had 3400 grafts with Dr. Christina for 1st procedure and is happy with his result, he came back for 2nd procedure and will update us with his result, you can read his review here:

Screenshot_20220901_093111.jpg

• Like 1

I also agree that there should be patient posted reviews. This is coming from a person who picked his first surgeon based on amazing portfolio of his self posted results and strong credentials, only to find out there's more than meets the eye lol :(

I also read that it's important to know their surgical team as well, so that also would be a great criteria to consider. One (of the many) reasons I picked Shapiro MC is because they had a really experienced staff, working with Dr Shapiro for many many years Meet The Staff | Shapiro Medical Group . 

Edited by HairRun
  • Like 1

• Administrators

Thank you all for the feedback and input. Frankly, I’ve been quite impressed with Dr. Christina and HDC as a whole. I will say that, unlike surgeons who operate in a solitary practice. Dr. Christina operates at HDC, which has a plethora of patient reviews. She’s involved deeply at the clinic and works in tandem with Dr. Maras.

Join me in conference Dr. Christina Vyronidou. She’s the newest member of the network.

I encourage anyone interested in affordable quality to consider Dr. Christina and Dr. Maras

https://hairtransplantnetwork.com/dr-christina-vryonidou

• Like 2

View my thread

Hi @Melvin- Moderator

The recommendation process is an interesting one.

I personally think that Dr Christina is great, however it seems that the majority of feedback was that there needs to be more patient reviews.

It would be great to have a minimum requirement surrounding patient reviews (10 would be a good number) before a surgeon is able to be put up for recommendation.

This would give the forum a good chance to review the work via real patients. 

Is this something we can look to do moving forward?

• Like 1

• Administrators
6 minutes ago, mrmane85 said:

Hi @Melvin- Moderator

The recommendation process is an interesting one.

I personally think that Dr Christina is great, however it seems that the majority of feedback was that there needs to be more patient reviews.

It would be great to have a minimum requirement surrounding patient reviews (10 would be a good number) before a surgeon is able to be put up for recommendation.

This would give the forum a good chance to review the work via real patients. 

Is this something we can look to do moving forward?

Well, HDC as a clinic has well over 10 reviews. She plays an integral part in the clinic. As I said, it’s a different situation. Because she’s been with the clinic since 2014, so reviews since 2014 have her involvement. 

View my thread