Private Messages Announcement

• Administrators

Dear Community,

Some of you may have noticed that your PM has been turned off. We have been receiving a lot of complaints of fake accounts and shills sending private messages to our members. As a result, we are now setting private messages for senior members to ensure no shills or trolls abuse PMs. If you’re a senior member and have been posting for a while, this won’t affect you, as for the newbies. You’ll have to reach out to me first before being granted access. 

We need to ensure there are checks and balances so shills don’t abuse our community.  

Onwards,

• Like 12

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey: 

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

Hi Melvin, 

I think it will hopefully clean that issue up but just wanted to ask if you could hopefully clarify for people on here what will be classed as a "senior member" where we will have PM privileges automatically granted. 

Thanks. 

• Like 4

8 hours ago, NARMAK said:

Hi Melvin, 

I think it will hopefully clean that issue up but just wanted to ask if you could hopefully clarify for people on here what will be classed as a "senior member" where we will have PM privileges automatically granted. 

Thanks. 

He wrote it, those members who have been on the forum for a long time, who are sure they are not shill or even representatives of clinics, for me it is a wise decision.

Edited by ITA

• Moderators
2 hours ago, IMM1979 said:

@Melvin- Moderator have there been other changes such as removing ability to post photos? Seems a few of us are having trouble with that. Only works via a link, but can't upload an attachment from phone/computer.  Thanks @GatsbyFYI

Right. I was going to ask the same thing. I was trying to upload a picture yesterday and there was no way to do it.

Al

Forum Moderator

(formerly BeHappy)

I am a forum moderator for hairrestorationnetwork.com. I am not a Dr. and I do not work for any particular Dr. My opinions are my own and may not reflect the opinions of other moderators or the owner of this site. I am also a hair transplant patient and repair patient. You can view some of my repair journey here.

6 hours ago, ITA said:

He wrote it, those members who have been on the forum for a long time, who are sure they are not shill or even representatives of clinics, for me it is a wise decision.

What constitutes a "long time" is the question that needs clarifying. Is it time based e.g. 6 months, 12 months etc. or is it also tied to a minimum post count. 

I think it's just something we need clarified with specifics. 

3 minutes ago, NARMAK said:

What constitutes a "long time" is the question that needs clarifying. Is it time based e.g. 6 months, 12 months etc. or is it also tied to a minimum post count. 

I think it's just something we need clarified with specifics. 

I think both the number of posts and the time of registration to the forum should be evaluated, but this is something that only @Melvin- Moderator could do.

1 minute ago, ITA said:

I think both the number of posts and the time of registration to the forum should be evaluated, but this is something that only @Melvin- Moderator could do.

Well, i hope we'll have a full response soon now that you tagged him on what the exact criteria for having access to PMs is. 

• Administrators

Guys,

Some of the changes impacted the ability to post images for some. I’m tagging our webmaster here, so if any of you experience anything else please post here.

• Thanks 1

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

View my thread

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

23 minutes ago, Melvin- Moderator said:

Guys,

Some of the changes impacted the ability to post images for some. I’m tagging our webmaster here, so if any of you experience anything else please post here.

Melvin, can you just confirm the specific criteria a member will need to meet to be automatically granted PM privileges. 

Also, it would definitely help if we can upload images from our phones again. I was going to post an update before these changes and no longer able to do so. 

• Administrators

We moderate content for Dr. Pekiner, as a few years ago his rep was gaming the system incentivizing patients to post here. 

View my thread

• Administrators
12 hours ago, Vic said:

I understand; would future posts by me still be flagged if I reference his name? 

Yes

View my thread

• Administrators

I’ve adjusted some of the group settings. It should allow to post images. 

View my thread

21 minutes ago, Melvin- Moderator said:

Yes

Is that cz of me referencing his name as a surgeon or you think that i am getting paid to do it? I see a lot of folks here referring EUGENIX on this forum and also getting discounted/preferential treatments from them, is that not liable for incentivizing? Shouldn’t the same treatment apply to all other surgeons/clinics then? If a corrupted sales policy was applied by pekiner couple of years back and you haven't come across anything since; is it not time to re-evaluate? Who decides which clinic gets flagged and when to remove them from blacklist? 
i am asking all these questions as I am fairly new to this forum and have gained a lot of lnsight to HT due to the fellow members. It would suck to have our opinions flagged for approvals on this democratic forum.

• Administrators
27 minutes ago, Vic said:

Is that cz of me referencing his name as a surgeon or you think that i am getting paid to do it? I see a lot of folks here referring EUGENIX on this forum and also getting discounted/preferential treatments from them, is that not liable for incentivizing? Shouldn’t the same treatment apply to all other surgeons/clinics then? If a corrupted sales policy was applied by pekiner couple of years back and you haven't come across anything since; is it not time to re-evaluate? Who decides which clinic gets flagged and when to remove them from blacklist? 
i am asking all these questions as I am fairly new to this forum and have gained a lot of lnsight to HT due to the fellow members. It would suck to have our opinions flagged for approvals on this democratic forum.

His name is put in moderation, so we can ensure it’s not being gamed. If you reference his name, the post will automatically flag. 

As for Pekiner, as long as he has his rep who works in another forum, he will continue to be flagged. His rep has proven to be untrustworthy. 

This will be my last reply on the subject, as this is not the purpose of this thread. If you prove to be a legitimate member, you could eventually send me a private message to discuss further.

View my thread

3 minutes ago, Melvin- Moderator said:

His name is put in moderation, so we can ensure it’s not being gamed. If you reference his name, the post will automatically flag. 

As for Pekiner, as long as he has his rep who works in another forum, he will continue to be flagged. His rep has proven to be untrustworthy. 

I understand all of that as you have your checks and balances to run this amazing forum. I am suggesting for replies from Members like me to not be flagged. If my surgeon will be Pekiner due to his surgery skills, I shouldnt be penalized for referencing his name. I am pretty sure the IT TEAM should be able to run a program to achieve that.

I have 2 posts pending for approval from yesterday where i had suggested his name as the OP was looking at other surgeons name outside of what was already being referenced by other fellow members, but it still remains hidden.

Appreciate your feedback and the awesome work you put in daily!