Robbie Williams Update

• Administrators

I wonder what surgeons he’s consulted with, possibly the same place that did Rooney. I don’t see why he wouldn’t be a candidate. He’s 48, still has decent hair, they offer no alternatives like topical finasteride, oral minoxidil, nothing. That’s baffling. 

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

I like the idea of harvesting the donor area with FUE and FTE until it's pretty much exhausted, then waiting for it it to heal and repopulating the donor area with body / beard hair and combining that with SMP into the donor area to fill in the thickness, then keeping the back and sides nice and short.

It's also possible that he's balder than what the publicity shots imply and using fibers. So if he's progressed to a NW6/7, maybe no clinic wants to risk the mediocre result. 

More likely than not though, this was intended as a fluff piece, not to be taken very seriously. 

• Like 1

He has has a real problem now. He does not have the reserves to do another HT and will look unnatural overtime as the balding continues. He can either get a piece or shave it off which will possibly reveal scars. 

Now,  how could it come to this point. Well even in 2013 on could see that his hair was diffuse and not strong. He was very reliant on Propecia. If you can't  or do not want to take Propecia, you have an issue. That is why I always say the best HTs candidates are those who do not rely on medication.  

10 minutes ago, Mike10 said:

would not he look unnatural with the transplanted hair and balding areas behind?

I think people are a bit too harsh on this. Sure if you have a very small fringe of transplanted hair in Front row and nothing behind thats unnatural but if the entire frontal third is transplanted it can look natural, imo if you actually go out and look at men with hair loss, the Norwood scale helps as a guide but men lose their hair in many shapes, so midscalp/crown loss with intact frontal third is definetely possible, see Zinedine Zidane.

32 minutes ago, davidn said:

I think people are a bit too harsh on this. Sure if you have a very small fringe of transplanted hair in Front row and nothing behind thats unnatural but if the entire frontal third is transplanted it can look natural, imo if you actually go out and look at men with hair loss, the Norwood scale helps as a guide but men lose their hair in many shapes, so midscalp/crown loss with intact frontal third is definetely possible, see Zinedine Zidane.

Well I think you have a point. However, in the case of Robbie he only did that small fringe if I remeember correctly.

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, StillAlive said:

And with the right hairstyle and some judicious use of fibers, you really can have a super passable and respectable result. I agree with the gents that this is just some sensationalized tabloid trash reporting. 

but the hair loss will continue, it is relentness. over time the result will be unnatural

• Like 1

Just did a quick Google search and it looks like all the outlets are picking this up. So don’t think this was a fluff piece - meaning he was actually interviewed and conveyed his concerns and thoughts. You have to think he’s seen at least 1 or 2 elites at this point for consult?

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-11076471/amp/Robbie-Williams-reveals-hair-getting-thinner-failed-transplant-procedures.html

• Moderators

This looks and sounds to me like at 48 years old he got tired of chasing his hair loss and decided to just stop (at least for now), but feels like he has to come up with a reason why he's not doing anything about it when anyone asks him or points out that his hair is getting bad. Saying "Hey it's not me. I tried to fix it, but the Drs can't do it" probably makes him feel better and is an attempt to get people to just leave him alone about it.

Al

Forum Moderator

(formerly BeHappy)

I am a forum moderator for hairrestorationnetwork.com. I am not a Dr. and I do not work for any particular Dr. My opinions are my own and may not reflect the opinions of other moderators or the owner of this site. I am also a hair transplant patient and repair patient. You can view some of my repair journey here.

14 hours ago, Mike10 said:

He has has a real problem now. He does not have the reserves to do another HT and will look unnatural overtime as the balding continues. He can either get a piece or shave it off which will possibly reveal scars. 

Now,  how could it come to this point. Well even in 2013 on could see that his hair was diffuse and not strong. He was very reliant on Propecia. If you can't  or do not want to take Propecia, you have an issue. That is why I always say the best HTs candidates are those who do not rely on medication.  

If they don't need the meds then they're not losing native hairs, and so this would apply to patients who want a lower hairline or to fill in high temples. And I'd agree they will have great results and can have denser packing because there is no need to hold back donor hairs for future loss.

7 hours ago, Mark Wolfer said:

If they don't need the meds then they're not losing native hairs, and so this would apply to patients who want a lower hairline or to fill in high temples. And I'd agree they will have great results and can have denser packing because there is no need to hold back donor hairs for future loss.

I agree

11 hours ago, BeHappy said:

This looks and sounds to me like at 48 years old he got tired of chasing his hair loss and decided to just stop (at least for now), but feels like he has to come up with a reason why he's not doing anything about it when anyone asks him or points out that his hair is getting bad. Saying "Hey it's not me. I tried to fix it, but the Drs can't do it" probably makes him feel better and is an attempt to get people to just leave him alone about it.

No. He said he can't take medication because of sides. HTs have never been without risk. And it is a risk that one may have to drop the medication at a certain point.

• Like 1