Eugenix July 18/19 with Dr. Pradeep Sethi and Dr. Arika Bansal 3811 Grafts

Bb111

One thing about your case I found interesting from beginning is that Eugenix decided to leave that circular area in your forelock untouched with grafts. Since you're on Fin they likely felt that area was strong enough that it was better to save the grafts and leave that area untouched as based on your pre-op pics it looks like you've got a lot of good native hairs there and hopefuly Fin keeps them around for a long time. I've seen it done that way before, but also seen it done differently where the Dr will just "blow through" that region that has remaining strong hairs in order to "get it over with" so you won't need to address it in the future if/when it starts to fall. 

All this to say, if I were you I would hold off on a 2nd HT for a while to see what happens to that area and the surrounding areas. Even though you're on Fin, it would kind of stink to go back for a 2nd pass now, and then 2-3 years later have that circular area thin and then make it so you feel you need a 3rd pass. Obviously it comes down to your personal situation - if you don't mind spending the money and time on a 2nd pass now then go for it, but I think sometimes it's best to resist the hair greed as long as possible so you aren't constantly going back to the operating room. I'm in a bit of the same boat myself where I debate between giving in to the hair greed or just being happy with what I have. 

Edit: Out of curiosity, did they discuss with you leaving that circular area alone during your consult stage? 

Edited by GoliGoliGoli
  • Like 3

@Bb111 World of difference from before and after! So happy for you man! You could absolutely benefit from a 2nd pass for density sake, but holding off could definitely have its advantages. Have you considered Dutasteride once or twice a week? My hair seems to have thickened with 2x per week or essentially every 4 days with also taking Finasteride 5x per week.

• Like 1

@GoliGoliGoli and @MazABthank you both for your thoughtful responses. I asked Dr. Sethi and he felt that the density and strength of the forelock was good. He felt that putting grafts there at the time would be using up grafts that I may need later. He was hopeful that fin would hope the forelock for a long time.

In terms of another transplant I am definitely going to wait a while and reassess. The earliest I would go back for a 2nd pass would be spring or summer 2024 which would be 2 years after this transplant. 

In terms of duasteride, it's something I've been considering. I'm going to wait until I'm 12 to 14 months out of the transplant and make a decision at that time. 

For now a very light sprinkle of fibers makes the density unnoticeable and I'm very happy with the result.

• Like 1

On 5/15/2023 at 2:11 PM, Melvin- Moderator said:

This is amazing for one surgery 😯 very jelly at the crown 👌

87B4E01F-A192-4121-83AB-DE4140F3DE93.jpeg

Thanks @Melvin- Moderator. I had quite a large defect in the crown and I am thrilled with how much coverage I have now. Dr. Sethi worked really hard on the crown and even perfectly recreated my natural pattern and whorl (and the cowlick I get sometimes too 😂). 

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

I'll be posting my last update (12 month) after I get a haircut next week. In the mean time I saw Dr. Sethi yesterday and he was pleased with the result. My midscalp continues to thin slowly despite being on finasteride. I may try some minoxidil. I am going to hold off on a 2nd procedure until 2024 the earliest. 

PXL_20230713_025425783~2.jpg

• Like 1

On 5/18/2023 at 8:17 PM, Bb111 said:

@GoliGoliGoli and @MazABthank you both for your thoughtful responses. I asked Dr. Sethi and he felt that the density and strength of the forelock was good. He felt that putting grafts there at the time would be using up grafts that I may need later. He was hopeful that fin would hope the forelock for a long time.

In terms of another transplant I am definitely going to wait a while and reassess. The earliest I would go back for a 2nd pass would be spring or summer 2024 which would be 2 years after this transplant. 

In terms of duasteride, it's something I've been considering. I'm going to wait until I'm 12 to 14 months out of the transplant and make a decision at that time. 

For now a very light sprinkle of fibers makes the density unnoticeable and I'm very happy with the result.

Congrats on this result! Very natural and perfectly planned.

• 2 weeks later...