Dr Couto 4000 grafts

jimmyT

this forum has been massively helpful to me in my decision to go for a HT so i wanted to share some of my experience to help others. i was on the waitlist for Dr Couto for about 3 years, had to postpone due to covid lockdown and was booked in again for may of this year. i’m at week 7 post op now and it’s going well although i am in the middle of ugly duckling which is hard but hopefully i think it’s stabilized now so i just wait for growth. 

i have to say Dr Couto and his team are amazing and i can really see why there is such a waitlist and demand. 

i was a bit nervous before the procedure because my hair had thinned since i last saw the dr (approx 3 years ago) and i was concerned that maybe it was too bad for a ht even though i was on fin and minox. 

i reached out to his office and he called me the week before and they organized a video call too where he spent a lot of time talking me through my situation which was DPA with very fine hair but he said he could do a good job and was confident i would get a good result. this was a huge relief to me.

i stayed 5 days in madrid and the op was over 3 days for 4000 grafts.

the strategy was to go for coverage rather than dense pack the front and i was really happy with that approach given my advanced hair loss. 

the team were super friendly and over the next 3 days they implanted 4k grafts. the procedure was fine i dozed in and out of sleep and the team did their magic. i had some popping and extra bleeding which made it more complicated as well as grafting between existing hair.

some pics below from the procedure . first one is 3 weeks post op, then pre procedure, post procedure to 2 weeks post op and current 7 weeks where i am now 

highly recommend dr couto 

816D3CDD-B77C-41D2-844A-70AE2E862224.thumb.png.b5e38c01d7ec591e7344fc72d9d2b6b4.pngDF363876-AF10-426D-8373-675E227BC701.thumb.png.aba221dd42528b112aae6da128e4bcd9.png4F786646-4B0C-470A-8CC2-FC7B4A4C953A.thumb.png.3c3bb522391fb5efa021c24fbf0cbc2f.pngA5CC9A6D-C98A-42AF-B845-E0B4EF27FBE9.thumb.png.24a98eaae8ab8a5e8b86a1bad8c32da6.png

Edited by jimmyT
z
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• Administrators

How we’re you able to get in after canceling?

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

37 minutes ago, Melvin- Moderator said:

How we’re you able to get in after canceling?

sorry should have said postponed which they kindly allowed me to do due to covid lockdown 

You are in good hands. Excited to see the results in 12 month.

How was your experience with him, from what I heard He is involved 100% with the patient and the case is not finished until the patient is 100% satisfied with the result.

Edited by JoselitoElGallo
  • Thanks 1

20 hours ago, jimmyT said:

this forum has been massively helpful to me in my decision to go for a HT so i wanted to share some of my experience to help others. i was on the waitlist for Dr Couto for about 3 years, had to postpone due to covid lockdown and was booked in again for may of this year. i’m at week 7 post op now and it’s going well although i am in the middle of ugly duckling which is hard but hopefully i think it’s stabilized now so i just wait for growth. 

i have to say Dr Couto and his team are amazing and i can really see why there is such a waitlist and demand. 

i was a bit nervous before the procedure because my hair had thinned since i last saw the dr (approx 3 years ago) and i was concerned that maybe it was too bad for a ht even though i was on fin and minox. 

i reached out to his office and he called me the week before and they organized a video call too where he spent a lot of time talking me through my situation which was DPA with very fine hair but he said he could do a good job and was confident i would get a good result. this was a huge relief to me.

i stayed 5 days in madrid and the op was over 3 days for 4000 grafts.

the strategy was to go for coverage rather than dense pack the front and i was really happy with that approach given my advanced hair loss. 

the team were super friendly and over the next 3 days they implanted 4k grafts. the procedure was fine i dozed in and out of sleep and the team did their magic. i had some popping and extra bleeding which made it more complicated as well as grafting between existing hair.

some pics below from the procedure . first one is 3 weeks post op, then pre procedure, post procedure to 2 weeks post op and current 7 weeks where i am now 

highly recommend dr couto 

816D3CDD-B77C-41D2-844A-70AE2E862224.thumb.png.b5e38c01d7ec591e7344fc72d9d2b6b4.pngDF363876-AF10-426D-8373-675E227BC701.thumb.png.aba221dd42528b112aae6da128e4bcd9.png4F786646-4B0C-470A-8CC2-FC7B4A4C953A.thumb.png.3c3bb522391fb5efa021c24fbf0cbc2f.png

That looks fantastic. 

Beautiful hairline design. Can not wait to see your final result.

• Thanks 1

16 hours ago, JoselitoElGallo said:

You are in good hands. Excited to see the results in 12 month.

How was your experience with him, from what I heard He is involved 100% with the patient and the case is not finished until the patient is 100% satisfied with the result.

yeah from what i saw he was fully involved he had one other person later in the day and was v present for my procedure and afterwards answering questions etc also his team were super responsive on whatsapp the evenings of the op when i was in the hotel answering questions etc 

• 4 months later...

6 month update 

hair is filling in nicely and really happy with it. hoping it will thicken up over coming months in the midscalp and crown, which i think it will given other posters who had a ht with dr couto,  but overall over the moon for 6 months and dr couto is fantastic ! 

thanks for all the other posters, this forum has been invaluable 

28F3ADDB-1BB4-4067-8B35-8B64A03FEF90.jpeg

B2E88F1F-0665-44E9-B248-D01CE59731BE.png

4561081D-3315-431C-988A-93F91F5FBAC7.png

1D312E14-C779-45DB-AC55-0941A06D2825.jpeg

Edited by jimmyT

The best hair transplant doctors seem to obtain a better illusion of density with the same number of grafts. Couto and Konior are the two that immediately pop to mind. I have heard that it is difficult to densely pack because of blood supply to the grafts and the increase possibility of shock loss to surrounding hairs. Isn't original hair density around 80-100 follicles per square centimeter so it is an illusion that is being created? The art and skill of angling must be a factor for the elite surgeons but I also think they have adopted a technique that produces a transplant with the least risk of trauma and infection. You might also want to add in one more factor and that is the patient's healing recipient capability. You sometimes see excellent results from hair mills because you might have a particularly adept technician/physician combined with excellent patient characteristics or conversely not so spectacular results from an elite surgeon. Consistent superb results come from the best surgeons because they combine skill, technique and attention to detail.

Looks great, congrats!  Good result with the number of grafts used.  Well done.

• Thanks 1

I am an online representative for Carolina Hair Surgery & Dr. Mike Vories (Recommended on the Hair Transplant Network).

View John's before/after photos and videos:  http://www.MyFUEhairtransplant.com

You can email me at johncasper99@gmail.com

I am not a medical professional and my opinions should not be taken as medical advice.

• 11 months later...