Eugenix |Norwood 2|Complete Temple Point Restoration + Hairline|May 2022|2010 Grafts|Dr Priyadarshini Das

Bro hair looking good man, hopefully density improves in the coming months it is still a little bit early. Id also be curious to see how your temples look with shorter hair but at this length it's looking immaculate to be fair. Would you say you are better now than what you were before the hair transplant? you already had pretty good hair before the transplant.

My hair transplant Journey with Dr. Freitas

22 minutes ago, drawdownfx said:

Bro hair looking good man, hopefully density improves in the coming months it is still a little bit early. Id also be curious to see how your temples look with shorter hair but at this length it's looking immaculate to be fair. Would you say you are better now than what you were before the hair transplant? you already had pretty good hair before the transplant.

I would say i definitely love how the new hairline had better framed my face compared to before. I do think it's a bit unfair to fully judge the temple points and full hairline density until i hit 12 months but it has slowly improved on the temple points as time is going on but again, i think the right calibre of hair being used could be why it's slower and maybe on track for those temple points. Definitely tough from a mental PoV seeing that area lag but with my hair kept long as before the HT again, i can sorta cover it up a bit. 

It was definitely the right decision for me imo. I was actually looking back at the original pictures i used for consultation in November and even with just medication by May, things look like they improved well. 

I would say i would rather favour a two phase approach if it meant better graft survival given finite donor, but obviously i think everybody would agree that we want a solid density still on our first pass too. I think hopefully by 12 months, maybe after i will get fuller look and shouldn't look as thin in spots. 

2 minutes ago, asterix0 said:

@NARMAK Do you feel any more prickles along your hairline? Usually those are a good sign more hair will be popping through.

Also, would you mind taking some photos in sunlight outside?

I can't say for certain i feel more prickles along the hairline. There's like one really blunt hair follicle i'm feeling  on the left side but i feel like it's a stunted hair and not really growing. It's kinda hard to describe but maybe it's a hair half way to being lost but also refusing to grow and stuck there maybe with medication sustaining it but not from the HT. I think i'm going to be happy if i do get more growth but i can't honestly say i'm visually able to see it atm. 

Regarding pictures, it's pretty grey and cloudy in the UK atm. I've taken some pictures under brighter lighting. Maybe might help give a small idea? 

IMG_20221130_143920.jpg

IMG_20221130_143940.jpg

IMG_20221130_143957.jpg

IMG_20221129_212758.jpg

2 hours ago, asterix0 said:

@NARMAK I think things are on track now, don't worry and let the process play out. But if you want fully density in the front you may need to have a touch up procedure.

I'm definitely letting things play out but once i get to 12 months i'll make a final full judgement. I just wish it looked a little more full though even with a first pass. Again, it could definitely fill in more between now and months 12+.

• Like 1

• Administrators
3 hours ago, NARMAK said:

I'm definitely letting things play out but once i get to 12 months i'll make a final full judgement. I just wish it looked a little more full though even with a first pass. Again, it could definitely fill in more between now and months 12+.

Definitely a good idea to wait the full 12 months. I made this video yesterday. The difference from 8 months to 12 months is significant. 

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

6 hours ago, NARMAK said:

2 hours ago, Melvin- Moderator said:

Definitely a good idea to wait the full 12 months. I made this video yesterday. The difference from 8 months to 12 months is significant. 

According to Eugenix, 12 months is not the final result, but 14-15 months. 

After 14-15 months up to 20% of transpalnted hair is entering telogen phase and this is the final result. So theoretically, density after 15 months should be worse then after 12 months. 

Edited by GeneralNorwood

1 hour ago, GeneralNorwood said:

According to Eugenix, 12 months is not the final result, but 14-15 months. 

After 14-15 months up to 20% of transpalnted hair is entering telogen phase and this is the final result. So theoretically, density after 15 months should be worse then after 12 months. 

I think when you take things into account of the Anagen phases too, yes it can slide backwards but it shouldn't be significantly detrimental to the visual look and imo at least is something that should be taken into account.

I think this is also why people probably get suckered into hair mills because they do dense pack so highly that if they do have good survival to show off on those Instagram posts, it gives a false representation they can use to sucker more people in with. However, i still do believe even taking the Anagen phases into account, a reputable clinic should still have solid density in a single pass. 

I think i will probably have a 2nd pass during my lifetime, but i am waiting out to see the full results of my first between 12-18 months post-op. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Ghh said:

Bro you only ever needed a first pass as your hair loss was not bad at all. In fact you had a full head of hair beside the Temples. You had a Simple procedure that should of been done right. The best results 9/10 times have significant growth at 6 months . Your hairline looks sparse and the temples not very dense atm. But you only have yourself to blame , you preach not to go to hair mills but you arguably did that by getting your transplants done by random techs . If I’m going eugenix , if it’s not dr Sethi I’m not going . You would not go couto and get his techs do the transplant , you would no go Freitas or bisAnga and then get his techs do it . Eugenix has scaled up so there is no consistency amongst the techs , meaning you might not get the good ones as there are now so many . That smells of a hairmill now . As a result your going to have to spend more money on a touch up. You should of saved up and gone to a top doctor . Ironically your probaly going to spend more on two procedures than one as as a result .

Please don't come on here and preach to me Sukh. I did my due diligence and research and the fact you even claim you'd go to Eugenix if it was Dr Sethi only and forget his techs also are part of the procedure is where you lost all credibility. 

There's almost NO doctor at any level even considered elite that 100% does everything themselves. They work with a solid trusted team of technicians. 

You clearly have something against Eugenix, whatever that may be i don't care. My choice was made, i'm at 6+ months post-op and willing to wait to see how things progress till 12+ months. Humans aren't all linear with everybody getting the same results at the same stage of 6 months. 

I don't need you to tell me what i should do with my money and i made a decision based upon my own personal needs and budget. Just like everybody else will make but should do their research and feel confident in their decision. 

The concern of Eugenix scaling and quality dropping is a conversation better had elsewhere and not on a patients thread. 

The lower looking density is also mainly down to the harsher lighting i took the images in and generally not how i do see it all the time in the majority of lighting but something i chose to highlight as it does make it look a little less dense packed, but i could still have growth to come which will improve in the next 6+ months. 

I've decided my thread is to accurately reflect the good, bad and everything in between from my journey with Eugenix and hopefully some people find it useful but again  it's up to them to judge more recent patients than even me to see if they feel comfortable using Eugenix or anybody else for that matter, which is why i chose to give back on this site by documenting my experience. 

• Like 5

• Administrators
24 minutes ago, NARMAK said:

Please don't come on here and preach to me Sukh. I did my due diligence and research and the fact you even claim you'd go to Eugenix if it was Dr Sethi only and forget his techs also are part of the procedure is where you lost all credibility. 

There's almost NO doctor at any level even considered elite that 100% does everything themselves. They work with a solid trusted team of technicians. 

You clearly have something against Eugenix, whatever that may be i don't care. My choice was made, i'm at 6+ months post-op and willing to wait to see how things progress till 12+ months. Humans aren't all linear with everybody getting the same results at the same stage of 6 months. 

I don't need you to tell me what i should do with my money and i made a decision based upon my own personal needs and budget. Just like everybody else will make but should do their research and feel confident in their decision. 

The concern of Eugenix scaling and quality dropping is a conversation better had elsewhere and not on a patients thread. 

The lower looking density is also mainly down to the harsher lighting i took the images in and generally not how i do see it all the time in the majority of lighting but something i chose to highlight as it does make it look a little less dense packed, but i could still have growth to come which will improve in the next 6+ months. 

I've decided my thread is to accurately reflect the good, bad and everything in between from my journey with Eugenix and hopefully some people find it useful but again  it's up to them to judge more recent patients than even me to see if they feel comfortable using Eugenix or anybody else for that matter, which is why i chose to give back on this site by documenting my experience. 

Tej Sandhu is a troll. Ignore all of his posts. By responding you’re ensuring at least another 12 accounts spouting the same nonsense.

image.gif

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

View my thread

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

2 hours ago, John1991 said:

Eugenix is the only place I've ever heard say things get worse after 15 months.  Sounds like horse****.

I haven't seen Eugenix state this myself but yea definitely a horsesh*t statement. 

I feel like hair transplant clinics are notorious for saying people need to wait forever to see results (12 months to 2 years) - when IMO a fair end-result can reasonably be assessed by Month 7 or so. I am not saying that all growth will stop by Month 7, just that that is a reasonable time to take a snapshot and pursue consults for follow-up surgeries if needed and/or go back to the doctor to see what's wrong, etc. 

Clinics play on the psychology of patients. A patient who is angry at 6 months is way worse to deal with than a patient who 1-2 years post-op realizes things will not improve. 

The 6 month patient is much more likely to demand a free touch up, refund, post angry reviews, etc. 

Whereas the patient who is 1 or 2 years out is likely to not even get back in touch with the original clinic, will go away quietly, etc. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, HappyMan2021 said:

I haven't seen Eugenix state this myself but yea definitely a horsesh*t statement. 

I feel like hair transplant clinics are notorious for saying people need to wait forever to see results (12 months to 2 years) - when IMO a fair end-result can reasonably be assessed by Month 7 or so. I am not saying that all growth will stop by Month 7, just that that is a reasonable time to take a snapshot and pursue consults for follow-up surgeries if needed and/or go back to the doctor to see what's wrong, etc. 

Clinics play on the psychology of patients. A patient who is angry at 6 months is way worse to deal with than a patient who 1-2 years post-op realizes things will not improve. 

The 6 month patient is much more likely to demand a free touch up, refund, post angry reviews, etc. 

Whereas the patient who is 1 or 2 years out is likely to not even get back in touch with the original clinic, will go away quietly, etc. 

Yes, but this is an entirely different claim than the usual “what until a year” to keep patients patient. This is saying that things worsen after reaching their peak. That just makes no sense. And I agree that around 7-8 months you should have a very very good sense of how things will turn out. 

Edited by John1991
  • Thanks 1

On 12/2/2022 at 5:15 PM, NARMAK said:

Funny thing is all of his examples actually use techs for the same parts of the surgery that eugenix does lol

Don't sweat it bro, you did your research well, and it is looking right on track In my opinion.. worst case depending on your own goals you might need a very tiny touch up.. and that is completely dependent on YOUR goals, because if I had this progress at 6 months personally I would be very very happy

• Like 2

1 hour ago, botchedguy95 said:

Funny thing is all of his examples actually use techs for the same parts of the surgery that eugenix does lol

Don't sweat it bro, you did your research well, and it is looking right on track In my opinion.. worst case depending on your own goals you might need a very tiny touch up.. and that is completely dependent on YOUR goals, because if I had this progress at 6 months personally I would be very very happy

yeah don't allow negative comments to hit you. It's still only 6 months, your donor isn't compromised and worst case scenario you do a touch up for the desired density. You got this bro @NARMAK

• Like 1

My hair transplant Journey with Dr. Freitas

2 hours ago, botchedguy95 said:

1 hour ago, drawdownfx said:

yeah don't allow negative comments to hit you. It's still only 6 months, your donor isn't compromised and worst case scenario you do a touch up for the desired density. You got this bro @NARMAK

Thanks guys. I've tried to consistently reiterate that panicking isn't even a good idea. Everybody acts like 12 months is the final point for everybody but we can imo mature a bit later. 

I'm holding on for the final 12th month before i do give a final evaluation but yeah, i do think obviously some areas perhaps didn't feel like they filled out as much as i thought they would but i think there's genuinely areas maybe that have sprouted but the hair us thickening up and will take some time and a few cycles to mature and darken up. So hopefully over the next 2-3 months, i could see even further maturity coming and we have seen this plenty of times. 

I think it's just important to document it properly and let people understand a hair transplant isn't a magic cure or perfect solution. 

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...
On 11/28/2022 at 5:37 AM, NARMAK said:

6ish Months Update 

Apologies for the delay guys. I've taken these pictures to showcase the roughly 6 months results. I've had a bit of an issue trying to capture the images so i will be taking some more soon and with the wet hair and different lighting. 

Right now, i've got the pictures og the hair just relaxed as it is, for the frontal hairline and both temple point sides and then also with me holding the hair back. 

Overall i feel like certain areas have filled in a bit more now where there was gaps maybe towards months 4 or so. However i do think those hairs that are there hopefully can thicken up and mature more, because on the relaxed photos, you can see the hairline looks a little more thinner at present. 

IMG_20221127_230039.jpg

IMG_20221127_230100.jpg

IMG_20221127_230120.jpg

IMG_20221127_230404.jpg

IMG_20221127_230316.jpg

IMG_20221127_230258.jpg

Hey Kamran , How’s the progress ? 

Waiting for your 7th Month update 🙂

39 minutes ago, Madhur Vansil said:

Hey Kamran , How’s the progress ? 

Waiting for your 7th Month update 🙂

Hey bud, thanks for the post. I am definitely late on these things. I will be updating as soon as i have had a chance to take pictures. Just been a bit busy with personal life. 

I'll post pictures and give a detailed reply of how i feel about things at 7 months. :)

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

7.5ish Month Update

Okay, this update is very long overdue and i apologise but life unfortunately has been getting in the way. Hopefully you all are having a great start to the new year. 

I'm actually going to start off with posting pictures i took a little earlier towards the end of December which were wet hair slicked back. The dry hair pictures are from today after drying them. No styling products. 

I still don't really think i'm at a stage where i will be making a final judgement on everything just yet as that would be unfair, but per my previous observation. The frontal hairline matured much quicker and i think the majority of the growth that i would get has probably happened by now. However, the temple points aren't maturing at a similar rate either. The right side for example still seems lighter to me both in terms of how it looks and i guess the density although i do need to also post a small reminder the right temple point was 330 grafts and the left was 400 grafts. Not sure if that's factoring in or perhaps something else. 

Also depending on the lighting, things can look a little better or worse visually. As a bonus, to highlight the rough density of the temple points, i've tried to comb it forwards and expose the way that the density appears. When it is combed normally backwards in that direction, the hair can "layer" a bit and appear better but you still get the idea. 

I think at a stage coming up to 8 months, with perhaps 4+ months of the typical 12 month timescale people cite, i want to be honest too with my gut feeling. It doesn’t feel like this first pass may give me the blended density to a high enough level for one reason or another. I don't think it is just down to unrealistic expectations for example. 

I thought when originally i went, 2200 grafts was the ballpark with 1500 for the frontal hairline and the temple points with roughly 350 grafts each. Obviously the doctors got a better grasp on things and in the end it was circa 2010 grafts. 

I think i need maybe another few hundred grafts for each temple point to get much closer to the desired density i think would completely finish the temple points off. For the frontal hairline, i think maybe another 1k to 1200 grafts to refine it and basically max the density out would make it look much closer to a complete result. I think as far as a first pass goes, i'm waiting with optimism to see the final result around 12-18 months time frame. 

IMG_20221228_180706.jpg

IMG_20221228_180734.jpg

IMG_20221228_180758.jpg

IMG_20230105_233615.jpg

IMG_20230105_233626.jpg

IMG_20230105_233751.jpg

IMG_20221230_201303.jpg

Could you post some better pictures? Perhaps in naturally lit areas? 

I find photos with the light directly behind oneself to be very deceiving, and the last has flash, which is almost always unflattering.

• Administrators

I think your hair looks great. I do see one side of the temple’s slightly thinner. Let’s see how it progresses. If anything it will be a very minor touch up on that one side.

View my thread

@NARMAK you definitely remind me of myself after the 1st procedure. Density was underwhelming, but great naturalism and graft placement which aided so well that I could get away with less density overall. I do believe the same will be true for you. Let's see how things progress in the next 3 to 4 months. Because your native hair is so thick, the temple points and hairline might have more of a washed out look at times, but nothing that a second procedure won't remedy.

You look great at this stage though, major improvement! 

On 1/6/2023 at 12:56 AM, NARMAK said:

I think i need maybe another few hundred grafts for each temple point to get much closer to the desired density i think would completely finish the temple points off. For the frontal hairline, i think maybe another 1k to 1200 grafts to refine it and basically max the density out would make it look much closer to a complete result. I think as far as a first pass goes, i'm waiting with optimism to see the final result around 12-18 months time frame. 

IMG_20221228_180706.jpg

Dude, common. The light is behind you 🤣Imagine that in the movies actors were lited from behind, we wouldn't see sh*t. 

The thing is that you had mature hairline (norwood2) with pretty high density, i think it was at least 60-70 grafts/cm2. And now you lowered your hairline to Norwood 1, but with lower density around 40 grafts/cm2. So obviously you see that density is worse then previously and you are little dissapointed. 

Based on this pictures i think that procedure was successful and this 1300 grafts on the hairline are growing good. And yes, you will need at least another 650 grafts to achieve density that you had on norwood 2 hairline.

About the left temple - this picture that you comb left temple and it reveals blank space, it's really weird. You had full coverage of this area, so something is wrong. Were you trimming down the temples or you let it grow for 8 months? 

Edited by GeneralNorwood