How bald is too bald!

It appears that you have no beard at all? Which would be useful for extraction... so that leaves you with just donor from the back

Would be nice to see a photo of your donor area with some hair length. Just to see the thickness and hair characteristics

Above all... whatever decision you make.. I hope you are in a 2 year investment before you see an acceptable result on top

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Aslitarcan sucks said:

Where is it?

You should defo clarify exactly what he's proposing first

Hi has not sent through any proposal, so I'll ask.

12 minutes ago, Ryan Daniel said:

It appears that you have no beard at all? Which would be useful for extraction... so that leaves you with just donor from the back

Would be nice to see a photo of your donor area with some hair length. Just to see the thickness and hair characteristics

Above all... whatever decision you make.. I hope you are in a 2 year investment before you see an acceptable result on top

Yes I do have facial hair, it grows relatively thick on and under the chin/jaw, but not much on the side burns.

I had a response from Bicer, which was to request I did not cut my hair for 20 days and take new photos. So that's what I shall do, then I'll post new images.

...and yes, I realise it will be a long time before I see results; though I thought good results were common in 6-12 months.

22 hours ago, chris81 said:

Thanks Guys.

I should have mentioned that I have put feelers out to Eugenix after seeing such glowing reviews for them; but I am expecting it to be far too expensive for me to be able to afford. Then I have also enquired at Dr Resul Yaman, and FueCapilar. I have had no feedback yet, as I only messaged them yesterday.

In my gut feel I am thinking my budget is too tight, and I going to have to suffer in silence for the remainder of my existence 🤣 (I say this in good humor by the way). But this did give me a bit of hope and it really showed me how much being bald bothers me, and how excited I got at the prospect of a solution. I really would love to be able to do this!

I don't think I am enough of a risk taker to go for a "hair mill". I still don't quite understand exactly what the risks are, but I can understand there must be a reason for people to advise against them. I saw a thread where someone was complaining about "doubles and multiples" at the front of their hairline; this sort of thing would not bother me at all, so I guess my standards are not as high as many others. That said, I would not want to look like Deadpool because of the surgery!

I took a quick look for Dr Zarev, and I am thinking he might be too expensive for me. He appears to be around 4 Euro per graft, and I think I need a lot of them. I just don't have the cash to splash out £10K-£40K or maybe more on myself... I wish I did!

I is sounding like I am a lost cause... I'll still look forward to hearing from the above clinics I have contacted for their thoughts, and I will add their comments here for people to see. There must be more curious and extremely bald people like me out there.

Allright fair enough. 

Fuecapilar is probably decent. Bicer too. 

Although I have never seen some crazy transformations from them on Norwood 6-7. 

But if you are looking just to get a decent hairline and some baseline coverage on the front then yeah why not,  they are probably okay. 

However please avoid Resul Yaman. Stay away from this doctor

If you do your research diligently, you will quickly notice that he has some bad results on this forum...Not just poor results. I am talking about overharvested and permanently damaged donor areas and some botched jobs too. In addition to that, he often outsources the surgeries to his techs & nurses so going to him is a gamble. 

The risks associated with getting a surgery in a hairmill are lifelong  ireversible consequences. It's a lot more than just unatural looking results on the transplanted area...

Hairmills often destroy the donor area and make it look moth eaten and patchy.. Hairs never grow back once they are extracted.

The growth is often poor or non-existing on the transplanted area....

So not only are you wasting grafts forever but you're also running the risk of becoming unaturally bald at the back and sides of your head....

Take at look at Doron Harati's story. He almost died in a hairmill. 

Resul Yaman is certainly better and safer than Arenamed but still I've many people who regretted going to him so better avoid it. 

All the best good luck. 

Edit: Melvin sent me a warning and I agree with him,  I went a bit too harsch on Dr. Yaman. 

Just to clarify things: 

he is not nearly as bad as Arenamed or other hairmills.  

He does have some good results on this forum. 

However, he has some bad ones too with donor damage and I think there are much better choices in the same price range. 

That's it.

Have a nice day. 

Edited by What is your agenda here
  • Like 1

44 minutes ago, chris81 said:

Hi has not sent through any proposal, so I'll ask.

Yes I do have facial hair, it grows relatively thick on and under the chin/jaw, but not much on the side burns.

I had a response from Bicer, which was to request I did not cut my hair for 20 days and take new photos. So that's what I shall do, then I'll post new images.

...and yes, I realise it will be a long time before I see results; though I thought good results were common in 6-12 months.

6-12 months are good times frames for people with probably not a massive amount of hair loss greater than Norwood 5 that still have a fair few native hair and are responding to medication like Finasteride etc. at the same time. 

As a Norwood 7, slick bald as you are. You can look at Karl (@Zoomster) on his first procedure to maybe get an idea of the initial coverage. 

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, What is your agenda here said:

Allright fair enough. 

But if you are looking just to get a decent hairline and some baseline coverage on the front then yeah why not,  they are probably okay. 

However please by all means and for God Sake avoid Resul Yaman. Stay away from this "doctor". 

If you do your research diligently, you will quickly notice that he has some really bad results on this forum...Not just poor results. I am talking about overharvested and permanently damaged donor areas and some botched jobs too. In addition to that, he often outsources the surgeries to his techs & nurses so going to him is a gamble. 

The risks associated with getting a surgery in a hairmill are lifelong  ireversible consequences. It's a lot more than just unatural looking results on the transplanted area...

Hairmills often destroy the donor area and make it look moth eaten and patchy.. Hairs never grow back once they are extracted.

So not only are you wasting grafts forever but you're also running the risk of becoming unaturally bald at the back and sides of your head....

Resul Yaman is probably somewhat better than Arenamed but still I've many people who regretted going to him so better avoid it. 

All the best good luck. 

Can you mention those botched/butchered cases? He is recommended by this forum, surprised to see your comment like this here 

• Like 1

• Administrators
1 hour ago, What is your agenda here said:

Allright fair enough. 

However please by all means and for God Sake avoid Resul Yaman. Stay away from this "doctor". 

If you do your research diligently, you will quickly notice that he has some really bad results on this forum...Not just poor results. I am talking about overharvested and permanently damaged donor areas and some botched jobs too. In addition to that, he often outsources the surgeries to his techs & nurses so going to him is a gamble. 

Resul Yaman is probably somewhat better than Arenamed but still I've many people who regretted going to him so better avoid it. 

All the best good luck. 

You are going WAY too overboard with Dr. Yaman, only A LITTLE better than Arenamed. That’s ABSOLUTELY ridiculous! 

• Like 2

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

7 hours ago, chris81 said:

I don't care about having a "perfect" Justin Beber head of hair.

Believe it or not, Canada's first son and next prime minister is wrestling with the same question! He's finally finished puberty and fighting bravely along side you. 

image.png.8e9fcc56f9b75a2a2fb735496c510302.png

image.png.4683c7d6f46c1ee7a280fe013dbca0b7.png

Edited by Melvin- Moderator
Removed video
  • Haha 1

54 minutes ago, ciaus said:

Believe it or not, Canada's first son and next prime minister is wrestling with the same question! He's finally finished puberty and fighting bravely along side you. 

image.png.8e9fcc56f9b75a2a2fb735496c510302.png

image.png.4683c7d6f46c1ee7a280fe013dbca0b7.png

Tbf, the first pictures a literal juvenile hairline and the 2nd is closer to more mature/Norwood 2 hairline at best. 

Considering he roasted Prince William's hair loss, i'm sure he knows about Finasteride etc. 

Plus, he apparently had an auto immune condition which might be another reason at times. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, NARMAK said:

Tbf, the first pictures a literal juvenile hairline and the 2nd is closer to more mature/Norwood 2 hairline at best. 

Considering he roasted Prince William's hair loss, i'm sure he knows about Finasteride etc. 

Plus, he apparently had an auto immune condition which might be another reason at times. 

Yeah that's right. 

He's definitely balding. 

Not only is his hairline receding also -and more importantly he is diffusely thinning. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, What is your agenda here said:

Yeah that's right. 

He's definitely balding. 

Not only is his hairline receding also -and more importantly he is diffusely thinning. 

He's worn cornrow/dreads and that couldn't be good for the hair given the traction alopecia it can cause. 

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, What is your agenda here said:

Yeah that's right. 

He's definitely balding. 

Can you please answer my earlier question and show me botched/butchered results of Dr Yaman? I have been considering him abut your comments makes me think I might have missed something 

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Euphoria said:

Can you please answer my earlier question and show me botched/butchered results of Dr Yaman? I have been considering him abut your comments makes me think I might have missed something 

• Like 1

There was also a guy who wrote a very long and  detailed thread about his experience with Dr. Yaman. 

Even though he got a decent result on the recipient area, his temples were botched and he had to do a laser removal in order to fix it...

The title is "Resul Yaman most detailed review ever" or something like that. Check it out.  

• Like 1

• Administrators
3 hours ago, Euphoria said:

Can you mention those botched/butchered cases? He is recommended by this forum, surprised to see your comment like this here 

This is off topic. If you have questions start your own thread or send a private message.

• Like 1

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

28 minutes ago, What is your agenda here said:

I saw those, but the OP in both cases was very sketchy with details. In both cases we don't get the full story.

It's enough to make me cautious, but not put me off entirely.

I have seen that third chaps post, it was very interesting. But he seemed a real perfectionist, I would have been more than happy with his result.

So I think I have enough so feel pretty confident I'll be getting it done. It's just choosing with who. FUECAPILAR have given me some guidelines on pricing and it seems affordable.

But both FUECAPILAR and Dr. Bicer have said they need me to grow my hair a bit more before they can assess properly, so I'll not have complete plans until 2 or 3 weeks from now.

In the mean time I'll post any other information I get, and I'll post what they say too.

I look forward to getting something booked, then I can do a thread on my experience.

Thank you for everyone's help, I am so, so very grateful for it...!

5 minutes ago, chris81 said:

I saw those, but the OP in both cases was very sketchy with details. In both cases we don't get the full story.

I have seen that third chaps post, it was very interesting. But he seemed a real perfectionist, I would have been more than happy with his result.

Dr Yaman has a lot more hits than misses, is he the best choice for the higher Norwoods? No not in my opinion, that would be either Eugenix or maybe Medispa for those on a budget. 

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, chris81 said:

Having read those threads, don't go to Yaman.. I don't believe doctors showing such negligence should still be recommended on here.

• Like 1

In my opinion, someone who has NW2 or NW3 temples and ZERO crown loss, can make that minimal level of hairloss work indefinitely. 

If there is noticeable crown loss and the MPB victim (?) does not want to use concealer, and/or temple loss is NW4 or worse, that is "too bald"

• Like 1

23 hours ago, chris81 said:

I have updated the list, I reconsidered and decided to contact Zarev to see what he actually costs.

• Hair mills (e.g. Smile hair clinic). £1,500 - Not recommended as reduced chance of success, and possible overharvesting. RULED THIS OUT
  • Dr. Resul Yaman £2,630 - Some recommend. Possible lower quality work, seems low graft count proposed at 4500 grafts.
  • Eugenix - Waiting for reply.
  • FueCapilar - Waiting for reply.
  • Dr. Demirsoy - Waiting for reply.
  • Dr. Bicer - Waiting for reply.
  • Dr. Zarev - Waiting for reply.
  • Dr. Pittella - Waiting for reply.
  • Hassan & Wong - Really high end, expect to cost £40K+... sadly out of my price range.  RULED THIS OUT

We'll see what feedback I get.

Zarev costs $4 Euros per graft. It's on his website

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, mrmane85 said:

Zarev costs $4 Euros per graft. It's on his website

Yes but I might as well see what he recommends and how many grafts. 

I'm toying with the idea of waiting and spending more. All depends of the prices and feedback I get really.

11 hours ago, chris81 said:

Yes but I might as well see what he recommends and how many grafts. 

I'm toying with the idea of waiting and spending more. All depends of the prices and feedback I get really.

IMO he's the very top of the list when it comes to high Norwood's like yourself but you'd be looking at at the very minimum 5000 grafts which would cost $20,0000 Euros. 

I strongly agree of this idea of waiting and spending more. Learn from the experience of other forum members and do it right the first time and you will be satisfied with the outcome. 

I would also check out the work of Dr Christina from HDC and Dr Priya from Eugenix if you want to spend less than $2.20 per graft. 

Edited by mrmane85
  • Like 1