Johnny Depp’s Hair Loss

1 hour ago, MattJosh said:

Here is JD at 31 and 32 years old, he had a transplant years later keeping his natural high hairline, while very natural you can see the sharp design over the last decade 

I think those photos are when he was in his 40s. First photo below was when he was around 31 or 32 and the second photo is when he was 25. I think his hair has held on well considering he had some mild recession at the temples from his early to mid 20s. Wouldn't be surprised if he had some work done. 

Nick of Time (1995)

image.thumb.png.b8412ef7bcf541ce838745f9b1b9a29b.png

5 hours ago, NARMAK said:

It would be interesting to see if you can post some comparison pictures. 

Brad Pitt's hair is solid even now. The only slight thing about him though is his temple point narrow in a fair bit over the brow and then swing back a bit more sharper than probably aesthetically ideal. 

BP did his transplant before the Fury movie, he had great hair still but I guess slight maturing of the hairline wasn't acceptable, he was shaving his temple points for a good year or more before, and he was wearing long hair with a middle part for the time he was recovering

Edited by MattJosh

2 minutes ago, MattJosh said:

BP did his transplant before the Fury movie, he had great hair still but I guess slight maturing of the hairline wasn't acceptable, he was shaving his temple points for a good year or more before, and he was wearing long hair with a middle part for the time he was recovering

Do you have pictures though? It's hard to know without them. 

Gordon Ramsey for example has some out there you can find. Elon has the scars. Franco has the obvious recession to comeback as does Bradley Cooper and even Machine Gun Kelly has the obvious recovery stuff shown and FUT scars. I just haven't really seen anything on Brad. 

I do know that sometimes for roles they can end up screwing them. Like in that gangster movie, they completely shaved his temple points. 

Brad-Pitt.jpg

killing-them-softly-95760272.jpg

11 hours ago, NARMAK said:

Do you have pictures though? It's hard to know without them. 

Gordon Ramsey for example has some out there you can find. Elon has the scars. Franco has the obvious recession to comeback as does Bradley Cooper and even Machine Gun Kelly has the obvious recovery stuff shown and FUT scars. I just haven't really seen anything on Brad. 

I do know that sometimes for roles they can end up screwing them. Like in that gangster movie, they completely shaved his temple points. 

Brad-Pitt.jpg

killing-them-softly-95760272.jpg

Your first pic is from 2019 or so

The time i’m referring as to when he did it was sometime in 2013-2014

While it is very subtle you will see him with long hair and something slightly off at the hairline for his standards in sone pics and you’ll see as well the temple points shaven two years after having filmed killing them softly as per your second pic

As far as a clear sign such as ramsey, musk etc, pitt is extremely image conscious and is never seen unless while promoting something, he covered it up with the long middle parted hair

I'm not convinced JD had anything done the way some are. That's not the first time but sometimes people seem to be convinced that a celeb had a HT when it's impossible to know for sure. Knowing some of how JD was living now, and not to disrespectfully get into it...but with how much he seemed to abuse and neglect himself, I very much doubt he had a HT. Wouldn't be like him. I think it's most likely he just has a maturing hairline, and obviously no diffuse thinning at all.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, general-etwan said:

I'm not convinced JD had anything done the way some are. That's not the first time but sometimes people seem to be convinced that a celeb had a HT when it's impossible to know for sure. Knowing some of how JD was living now, and not to disrespectfully get into it...but with how much he seemed to abuse and neglect himself, I very much doubt he had a HT. Wouldn't be like him. I think it's most likely he just has a maturing hairline, and obviously no diffuse thinning at all.

He sure has, many others with self destructing habits of booze and alcohol got a HT, it is both vanity and required for his profession and type of actor he is, Johnny Depp bald would have a very different career

It seems like when you say him getting a HT “wouldn’t be like him” because it would imply self care and vanity, looks like he cares enough to always have his hair perfectly dyed and not showcasing a single gray hair being close to 60 whether he is working or not and keeps care of his van dyke goatee all the time besides staying at a certain weight range give or take

Not bothering is Marlon Brando later on when he became a whale and had bad habits all around 

A lot of people here are probably mistaking lifestyle choices of smoking, drinking, doing recreational drugs as being a bigger factor to hair loss than it is. 

It has a marginal impact imo compared yo the primary culprits of DHT which is easily imo responsible in 90% of cases and the rest is probably a combination of scalp conditions etc. 

I'm pretty sure that the hair loss from those things is probably more temporary and can be more easily recovered from but living a hedonistic lifestyle alongside the DHT based hair loss probably makes it look much worse. 

• Like 1

Is there any evidence that Johnny Depp actually had a hair transplant?  I’ve seen this mentioned twice now but I’m not sure how true it is.   Either way, the guy’s hair looks great and he’s still a magnet for women.  

Edited by Rahal Hair Transplant

Rahal Hair Transplant Institute - Answers to questions, posts or any comments from this account should not be taken or construed as medical advice.    All comments are the personal opinions of the poster.  

Dr. Rahal is a member of the Coalition of Independent of Hair Restoration Physicians.

2 hours ago, NARMAK said:

A lot of people here are probably mistaking lifestyle choices of smoking, drinking, doing recreational drugs as being a bigger factor to hair loss than it is. 

It has a marginal impact imo compared yo the primary culprits of DHT which is easily imo responsible in 90% of cases and the rest is probably a combination of scalp conditions etc. 

I'm pretty sure that the hair loss from those things is probably more temporary and can be more easily recovered from but living a hedonistic lifestyle alongside the DHT based hair loss probably makes it look much worse. 

This post is spot on.  To elaborate on this, it needs to be understood that there are different types of hair loss that ultimately can be put into two categories - genetic and non-genetic.

Genetic hair loss accounts for most cases of hair loss while other non-genetic factors can cause different types of hair loss.

For the most part, lifestyle choices as mentioned above (such as drugs, drinking, smoking and even diet) have minimal impact on one’s hair.  And these also has nothing to do with genetic hair loss.

Non-genetic factors or causes of hair loss include hair styling (such as tight braids, pony tails, etc.), medical conditions such as hypo or hyper-thyroidism or polycystic ovarian syndrome (PCOS), vitamin deficiencies such as low iron levels, certain medications, autoimmunity disorders, trichotilomania (excessive hair pulling due to a mental health condition), traumatic stress, etc.   

Some of the non-genetic hair loss conditions caused by the above factors include alopecia areata, traction alopecia, Telogen effluvium, diffuse alopecia (patterned and unpatterned, scarring alopecia, etc.  

best wishes,

Rahal Hair Transplant 

Rahal Hair Transplant Institute - Answers to questions, posts or any comments from this account should not be taken or construed as medical advice.    All comments are the personal opinions of the poster.  

Dr. Rahal is a member of the Coalition of Independent of Hair Restoration Physicians.

• Administrators

I don’t believe he’s had any work done, his hairline has just matured. It was starting to mature in the 90s when he was in his late 20s early 30s.

image.jpeg

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

11 hours ago, MattJosh said:

He sure has, many others with self destructing habits of booze and alcohol got a HT, it is both vanity and required for his profession and type of actor he is, Johnny Depp bald would have a very different career

It seems like when you say him getting a HT “wouldn’t be like him” because it would imply self care and vanity, looks like he cares enough to always have his hair perfectly dyed and not showcasing a single gray hair being close to 60 whether he is working or not and keeps care of his van dyke goatee all the time besides staying at a certain weight range give or take

Not bothering is Marlon Brando later on when he became a whale and had bad habits all around 

No evidence of a HT. He's almost certainly not had as his temple regions have receded normally and exactly as expected for his age. 

I do believe it is entirely possible Johnny Depp could have had some work done, but there's nothing obvious and no real pictures out there to support a time frame of when. The only thing i can say however is that these celebrities have access to the best doctors in the world and could easily have even had the most subtle work done discreetly and all healed to reinforce a mature hairline. 

However there's also a strong possibility he really is just that lucky and it's as solid as it is even though it's gone back. 

On 5/7/2022 at 6:10 AM, Rahal Hair Transplant said:

This post is spot on.  To elaborate on this, it needs to be understood that there are different types of hair loss that ultimately can be put into two categories - genetic and non-genetic.

Genetic hair loss accounts for most cases of hair loss while other non-genetic factors can cause different types of hair loss.

For the most part, lifestyle choices as mentioned above (such as drugs, drinking, smoking and even diet) have minimal impact on one’s hair.  And these also has nothing to do with genetic hair loss.

Non-genetic factors or causes of hair loss include hair styling (such as tight braids, pony tails, etc.), medical conditions such as hypo or hyper-thyroidism or polycystic ovarian syndrome (PCOS), vitamin deficiencies such as low iron levels, certain medications, autoimmunity disorders, trichotilomania (excessive hair pulling due to a mental health condition), traumatic stress, etc.   

Some of the non-genetic hair loss conditions caused by the above factors include alopecia areata, traction alopecia, Telogen effluvium, diffuse alopecia (patterned and unpatterned, scarring alopecia, etc.  

best wishes,

Rahal Hair Transplant 

I disagree somewhat. There are actually studies showing smoking causes hair loss. In regards to individuals that are prone to pattern hair loss, this can undoubtedly worsen their situation.

His donor shows no signs of any HT:

Johnny Depp Shaved Head Weight Loss #10

• Like 1

4,312 FUT grafts (7,676 hairs) with Ray Konior, MD - August 2013

1,145 FUE grafts (3,152 hairs) with Ray Konior, MD - August 2018

763 FUE grafts (2,094 hairs) with Ray Konior, MD - January 2020

Proscar 1.25mg every 3rd day

• 2 months later...

I'm almost convinced that Depp has had 2-3 procedures done between 2000 and today. There were periods where he'd always be in a hat/bandanna and would not show his hair at all when doing press. It's possible that he took care of a NW4-5 situation with successive operations. Again, it's all our fanboy speculation and we'll never know for sure.

I see a lot of mention of Brad Pitt's hairline. Ever seen Shah Rukh Khan's hairline. He is 57 , regular smoker and sleeps really less. He has a teenage hairline even now. It's all your genes. I don't think I ever had his kind of hair even in my teen years.

Edited by Adier

2 hours ago, Adier said:

I see a lot of mention of Brad Pitt's hairline. Ever seen Shah Rukh Khan's hairline. He is 57 , regular smoker and sleeps really less. He has a teenage hairline even now. It's all your genes. I don't think I ever had his kind of hair even in my teen years.

Shah Rukh Khan has a very juvenile hairline and that's just the luck of the draw with genetics, and extremely rare. 

That said, i think we need to deal with what life gives us and if it gave you lemons, squeeze those and make some lemon juice lol