Feller&Bloxham: 5most post op disappointed

On November 10th I had my 2nd fut with Fellar and Bloxham and now 22 weeks later aka 5 months post op the results are very underwhelming 

Nov of 2020 I had 3,000 fut done (crown area and a little behind hairline) then Nov 2021 1900 fut (a little more drnser hairline and the front middle part od head) done both at Feller and bloxham.

I am now 22 weeks post hair transplant and the area doesnt seem to be getting denser. Usually month 3 the transplanted hair starts sprouting and month 4 until 5 is when the real noticeable growth happens. In starting to get bummed out as 22 weeks is month 5

First photo is when I got home one day post op:

https://ibb.co/7WZs7Yy

2nd photo is today out of bed hair

https://ibb.co/C03vPXc

3rd photo is after i combed it down toward my eyes so you can see the white space from the hair not getting denser

https://ibb.co/ZJnRsVB

Last year I had 3,000 grafts and this pst November 1,900 grafts

395BD629-611A-47BC-9164-D88A3B5FE958.jpeg

45C27812-BC33-46B7-A697-D73ECE3AA8A2.jpeg

4A61B535-B229-423B-B15C-D11CF00AC427.jpeg

1B29F8AD-9217-4386-8E55-6B8A1615C414.jpeg

A5CCE824-9A3F-429E-BDC4-0A3A0460D9BA.jpeg

Any opinion/feedback?

maybe its still early but the transplanted area I feel should he much more filled in not see through and thin. Ive seen youtube videos with timelines and the results I seen at 5 months look great whereas mine looks thin and see through 🤕

28 minutes ago, bigtyivier2k2 said:

Any opinion/feedback?

maybe its still early but the transplanted area I feel should he much more filled in not see through and thin. Ive seen youtube videos with timelines and the results I seen at 5 months look great whereas mine looks thin and see through 🤕

Firstly don't stress about this, you have actually gone to a reputable clinic and they wouldn't imo butcher you or do anything untoward. 

Some people grow slowly. You're not even at the 6 month mark. You actually have another 7 months to go and depending on how the individual follicles may have responded, some may have been more traumatised during the process and shock loss may still be something you're recovering from. Some people see massive growth from month like 3-6, but some don't see much till maybe even months 10-12 or even beyond. 

Believe it or not, some people actually improve even beyond 12 months till around 18 months too. 

Just try and wait but also, were you on any medication at all prior to the surgery and are you still on anything? 

• Like 2

Nope no medication as we had full coverage during both transplants for a total of 4,900 grafts which was on top of 1,200 fue grafts i got done in 2013 when my hairline first receded and the 1,200 made is straight. So all in all 6,100 grafts on my head.

fin and minox is usually recommended when the doc doesnt know if you will continue to thin so its to prevent more thinning after transplant but i already thinned as much as I would so we got full head coverage 

It would be helpful if you would post a picture from before the first (3,000 graft) surgery then after.  And then before this most recent surgery and after. Also, just because some people grow fast doesn't mean everyone will.

In this picture it appears there is an area in the farther back portion of the mid-scalp that was completely untouched as far as grafts go.  That area seems to correspond with the area that is thinner, which would make sense.  Am I missing something?

Screen Shot 2022-04-15 at 12.37.24 PM.png

Edited by John1991

Hi, sorry to see such happen, please clarify, did you have 2 futs with them within 2 yr period? It seems 1st one on crown did not produce density within a year but you decided to go for 2nd in front region? 

• Administrators

Can you share pre-op pics? Also, graft placement pictures of both procedures?

• Like 1

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

6 hours ago, Melvin- Moderator said:

Can you share pre-op pics? Also, graft placement pictures of both procedures?

Gotta find the pre op.

The first 3,000 fut grafts were done Nov 15,2020. We covered the crown and area behind hairline. (The photos they already haved fhe 2 areas and used the medical marker to outline the areas to be worked on Here’s 2 pics from that day..

then the 3rd photo is after the surgery was done and the last photo was maybe  a few days later at home

The last photo is last summer which was 9months after the first 3k graft fut when I let the hair grow out. It looked good from the front imo

Then the 2nd to last photo is this past November 2021 a week after 1,900 fut procedure to the the front area (outlined by the pink lines and add dense band along the hairline). Job looked well done post surgery thats why I am bothered that at 22 weeks post op it still isnt filling in faster

C9F67F9E-BAF6-4D42-A116-99FC457EB0B4.jpeg

68688E6D-3B39-49ED-A04D-4F3261437029.png

7E46EC6F-DD19-4B4F-B984-AE3E4522F6D2.png

D68B2E7E-7350-4470-8006-5B0BECEA5EE1.png

53E5324E-EFF9-4838-8366-F656C33B9CD5.jpeg

5CC83C02-4114-4102-BFC6-1777E309342A.jpeg

Edited by bigtyivier2k2

First and foremost, Dr. Bloxham, while being very pro fut is an ethical and talented surgeon who used to be the moderator of this forum. You need to be in contact with him as I’m sure he’d be the first to tell you this is not an ideal outcome. He may recommend a biopsy or other medical tests to see if there is an underlying condition.

Having said that, even if he offers you a free surgery, after possibly two possibly unsatisfactory surgeries with the same surgeon you need to try a different approach especially considering the status of your donor area. If you choose to do a repair you need to look into other options. It looks like you have strong beard hair in the photos you posted. Look into a clinic with great experience extracting beard hair like Eugenix in the future if you are still unsatisfied after 12 months. 

8 hours ago, Willyd said:

First and foremost, Dr. Bloxham, while being very pro fut is an ethical and talented surgeon who used to be the moderator of this forum. You need to be in contact with him as I’m sure he’d be the first to tell you this is not an ideal outcome. He may recommend a biopsy or other medical tests to see if there is an underlying condition.

Having said that, even if he offers you a free surgery, after possibly two possibly unsatisfactory surgeries with the same surgeon you need to try a different approach especially considering the status of your donor area. If you choose to do a repair you need to look into other options. It looks like you have strong beard hair in the photos you posted. Look into a clinic with great experience extracting beard hair like Eugenix in the future if you are still unsatisfied after 12 months. 

Am I the only person who thinks his pictures tell a confusing story?  We haven't seen one with crown growth and the last one appears to show a solid hairline even before this most recent hairline area procedure.

Cant seem to find a before photo smh only one that is jan 2020 (11 months before the first fut)

bloxham and his staff are very professional thats why I am a bit baffled by the results. Ill start using topical GHK-cu (auxano grow) maybe it with help the new hair grow faster.

from some angles with dry hair it looks decent with wet hair looks see through. 4,900 grafts shoulda been better results though

I wonder what Bloxham will tell me at next months 6 month followup because he was saying the crown takes 18 months fully but the results there are not as dense as I was expecting

here are some more shots I took today with wet hair, blowdryed hair, also under direct bathroom lighting and in livingroom under less direct lighting

7190F24E-DBA6-486C-A6A5-D2BD892D8246.jpeg

4D6E2EE1-7860-4B38-9090-12ABA3217918.jpeg

C62F1FF4-CA13-4BAC-82FC-4626BB7B4585.jpeg

4A3E2B0D-EDEB-4F41-897E-894B6CD23F14.jpeg

D2FCB4CE-6C3A-4759-9B07-7A3CDF229B47.jpeg

9C1579AD-5B48-47EA-8282-D95269126311.jpeg

F6A47A25-1B88-4D10-B076-4D9A35C95074.jpeg

438159D5-8766-42AB-9F4A-10F7757983CF.jpeg

F0F638DE-051F-4802-B3F6-B4FC7CBEA7B2.jpeg

• Administrators
26 minutes ago, bigtyivier2k2 said:

I made a few more posts with alot more photos. Thoughts?

I think you’ve had decent growth thus far in the front. The crown is lagging behind, but crown growth does take longer. 5 months is still early. Im at 3.5 months and barely seeing a tiny bit of growth. Keep tracking it each month and keep Dr. Bloxham aware of your feelings. 

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

View my thread

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

48 minutes ago, Melvin- Moderator said:

I think you’ve had decent growth thus far in the front. The crown is lagging behind, but crown growth does take longer. 5 months is still early. Im at 3.5 months and barely seeing a tiny bit of growth. Keep tracking it each month and keep Dr. Bloxham aware of your feelings. 

Crown was done November 2020 so next month will be 18 months.

the front.. I guess i was expecting more growth but to be fair it did only start sprouting around February 10thish

Given your hair thickness and the size of the region that the 3900 grafts was placed, I’d expect about what I’m seeing. That’s quite a large region for that many grafts. And your hair appears to be a bit on the thin side. The skin to hair contrast isn’t ideal either. I actually think the front looks a bit better than I would’ve guessed with that many grafts. 

Edited by John1991

• Administrators

You had 3,900 grafts total? From hairline to crown? I’m confused by your title and timeline. 

• Like 1

View my thread

On 4/15/2022 at 5:35 PM, bigtyivier2k2 said:

Nov of 2020 I had 3,000 fut done (crown area and a little behind hairline) then Nov 2021 1900 fut (a little more drnser hairline and the front middle part od head) done

4900 in total

But then...

On 4/15/2022 at 6:26 PM, bigtyivier2k2 said:

we had full coverage during both transplants for a total of 4,900 grafts which was on top of 1,200 fue grafts i got done in 2013 when my hairline first receded and the 1,200 made is straight. So all in all 6,100 grafts on my head.

So I 'm also confused.

• Valued Contributor

The only advice I would offer is to hold for the 12 month mark post the last transplant to start to let your feelings get you down. Even if you were an early sprouter from your last transplant or even the one in 2013, 5 months is way too early to feel downtrodden about what’s going on. It’s still, however, very much the early days of growth for this latest transplant.

I agree, though, you should keep Dr Bloxham in the loop.

Your hairline when styled looks 👌🏻👌🏻

4 hours ago, Melvin- Moderator said:

You had 3,900 grafts total? From hairline to crown? I’m confused by your title and timeline. 

I see the confusion…

Jan 2013: Neograft FUE 1,200 grafts on hairline which was receding. Here’s a photo during procedure and then 4 months later when growth started. I was  26 years old. Then around 2018 the crown area started thinning slowly. I had my hair longer and did the combover look for a few years until finally the loss was too much to combover so I went to Bloxham because he was a 45 minute drive from me and I didnt want to risk Turkey as I heard many horror stories.

November 2020: 3,000 graft FUT with bloxham. We did the crown and also a little behind the hairline (behind the areas I did in 2013

November 2021: 1,900 graft FUT with Bloxham. We did the front and middle part of my head to add more density to hairline as well as cover the thinning area in the front middle.

I hope this cleared up any confusion

31A9D736-2991-4ABA-AC5B-337932168B23.png

CBD0CB94-32AB-48D5-B03A-D54097E69BD4.png

3 hours ago, BurnieBurns said:

I've previously had not much growth after 5 months then significantly more by month 8.  Totally see why you're unsatisfied but it's sounds still slightly too premature to jump to any conclusions.

I guess my issue is I watched a buncha vids on youtube with transplant timelines and seemed for all of then between month 4-5 enough growth happened where they didnt look ‘thinning’ anymore