Am really overwhelmed with the amount of information on here. Looking for the best clinic/surgeon in my situation. Info in description:

Hi,

I am 24 years old and nw 2,5~ diffuse thinner. I am located in the Netherlands and willing to travel within europe. After a year and a half on finasteride and minox I decided i have to do a transplant. Medicine only didnt do much for me except maybe stabalizing the hair loss a bit, but i lost a lot of hair and it looks really bad. My budget is around 5000 for what i expect to need around 2500 to 3500 grafts. 

Have done research but still not sure as i see a lot of good results and some bad. My list so far is:

-Dr. Zarev (Best one but expensive as hell! Would need around 12.000 EU for him)

-Dr. Koray Erdogan

-HLC Turkey

Any personal experiences/advise and or comments are really appreciated! Thanks in advance!!

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, TheThinning said:

Hi,

I am 24 years old and nw 2,5~ diffuse thinner. I am located in the Netherlands and willing to travel within europe. After a year and a half on finasteride and minox I decided i have to do a transplant. Medicine only didnt do much for me except maybe stabalizing the hair loss a bit, but i lost a lot of hair and it looks really bad. My budget is around 5000 for what i expect to need around 2500 to 3500 grafts. 

Have done research but still not sure as i see a lot of good results and some bad. My list so far is:

-Dr. Zarev (Best one but expensive as hell! Would need around 12.000 EU for him)

-Dr. Koray Erdogan

-HLC Turkey

Any personal experiences/advise and or comments are really appreciated! Thanks in advance!!

As you’re in the Netherlands, how about Fuegenix ? I just mentioned them in another thread. They are doing some really good work. We have quite a few results here on the forum. 
HDC might be another option (Cyprus), hit @Doron Haratiup, he’s the rep, they are also forum recommended. Dr Christina is around €2 per graft. 
You also have some choices in Belgium, Dr Bisanga, Dr Mwamba, Dr Lapunzula + Dr Feriduni. Again plenty of forum results and these are mostly forum recommended. 

Edited by J.A.C
  • Like 1

My advice would be to wait. Anyone who will do work on a 24 year old is unethical, especially if your thinning is diffuse.

If money is an issue, then be double careful as this is not a one time deal - especially at your age.

Background

• I started enquiring/researching when I was your age.
  • I had my first at 29 and the last one in 2009.
  • I'm 47 now - you will be surprised how much your goals change.
  • My goal was to avoid looking like I was losing hair, so that I would have the confidence to date women I was attracted to.
  • I'm married now with children and my goal is to not look like I had a hair transplant.
  • My wife is 15 years younger than me (not that it matters), a hair stylist and wishes I could just have them removed.

I'm not trying to tell you what to do becuase its so hard when it bothers you. I am just sharing my experience.

What's the point of my story & response?

My goals changed and the current one - the one that I will live with forever -  could have been achieved by doing NOTHING.

At best, do nothing, at a minimum - WAIT !

Edited by Surfarosa
  • Like 4

• Administrators

24 and diffuse thinner usually means Norwood 6 territory. Can you share some pictures?

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

18 minutes ago, Melvin- Moderator said:

24 and diffuse thinner usually means Norwood 6 territory. Can you share some pictures?

I just made some quick pictures. Not ideal because i made them myself. My hair is a lil bit greasy from the minox i put in couple hours ago. 

Also my hair has been combed after minox so it is not going like everywhere. I have really straight hair naturally

10.PNG

11.PNG

12.PNG

13.PNG

14.PNG

15.PNG

1.PNG

2.PNG

3.PNG

4.PNG

5.PNG

6.PNG

7.PNG

8.PNG

9.PNG

You still have a ton of hair keep at it with fin if your budget is only 5k you can probably get 2k grafts with dr Bicer or hdc or simply save up some more money and you can go to fuegenix which is in the Netherlands or at least get a consult with them there’s several great docs in Belgium as well

• Valued Contributor
10 hours ago, Surfarosa said:

My advice would be to wait. Anyone who will do work on a 24 year old is unethical, especially if your thinning is diffuse.

If money is an issue, then be double careful as this is not a one time deal - especially at your age.

Background

• I started enquiring/researching when I was your age.
  • I had my first at 29 and the last one in 2009.
  • I'm 47 now - you will be surprised how much your goals change.
  • My goal was to avoid looking like I was losing hair, so that I would have the confidence to date women I was attracted to.
  • I'm married now with children and my goal is to not look like I had a hair transplant.
  • My wife is 15 years younger than me (not that it matters), a hair stylist and wishes I could just have them removed.

I'm not trying to tell you what to do becuase its so hard when it bothers you. I am just sharing my experience.

What's the point of my story & response?

My goals changed and the current one - the one that I will live with forever -  could have been achieved by doing NOTHING.

At best, do nothing, at a minimum - WAIT !

This ^

• Valued Contributor

Being 24 and with a budget is a recipe for long term disaster. Sorry I know that's not what you want to hear but I've been through this since I was 18 and made everyone of these mistakes. In the end it will cost thousands and thousands of dollars! Read my previous post recommendation.

Edited by Gatsby
  • Like 1

You can wait a few more years, your situation is not disastrous, in the meantime you can save some money to be able to choose an elite doctor in Spain, Portugal or Belgium.

• Like 1

• Valued Contributor

If you had a clear and classic case of NW3 loss, at 24 you could make the case for a conservative hairline reconstruction.

But you're a diffuse thinner, which means the pattern of your loss is less predictable. You have a good hairline and a lot of coverage. In your particular case, I think getting a HT would be a bad mistake at this stage. What you should be doing is sticking to a long term preventative strategy and document your hairloss/stabilisation carefully. If in a few years you seem to have stabilised the loss then you could look into a HT.

If you think that you're still losing a lot of hair despite being on finasteride for 1.5 years, then you're going to continue losing hair in a diffuse way after your transplant, too. Your hair loss will be most aggressive in your 20's. Also, transplanting into a diffuse area rather than a slick bald area is trickier and can risk damaging native hair, including permanently. I think a HT in your situation, at your age with aggressive loss that might not have slowed down yet despite medical intervention is risky, personally.

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

Dude don’t get surgery. You could easily lose more than you gain via sock loss. Would be a bad decision to get surgery looking at your pics imo. Enjoy your 20’s and stay on the meds!