Want an FUE on my hairline in London . PICS included

8 minutes ago, Raphael84 said:

I was directed to this thread by a former patient who detailed that Dr. Bisanga was potentially being considered.

@Ad1987 Completely understand the minefield that hair restoration presents and you have received some good advice  throughout. Some if its may be conflicting and therefore adds confusion but the very fact that you have created your thread and now understand the pros and cons to any potential surgery is invaluable in itself, and being as informed as possible is key for any patient regardless of starting status.

With that being said, as alluded to above, you clearly do not NEED any restoration surgery and therefore if you were to proceed your choice in doctor will be defining so take things slow, reach out to several clinics and meet for in person consultation when possible to really get a feel for the doctor and their potential approach and if they recommend and agree to proceed with surgery.

As has been detailed previously in the thread, Dr. Bisanga is in London for consultation at the end of May (29th and 30th) and so if you may have any interest and those dates may be feasible by all means reach out and we can explore appointments for you.

My main motivation to post was based on reading you mention 500 grafts. The below video jumped to mind to really present an idea of graft numbers and soft delicate hairline work that requires mother nature singles. 

Dr. Bisanga performs surgery based on candidacy and graft requirements and is more than happy to proceed with smaller sessions when appropriate. 
The clinic commonly schedule patient of 1500 +/- grafts. In all honesty, less than this is less common as most individuals who may be motivated for surgery have more significant demands, but when less than 1000 grafts is the optimal approach and graft number, then surgery will be scheduled as normal.

Many thanks and I wish you the best in your onward research.

Hi 

Thank you very much for reaching out .

I note that you say Dr Bisanga will be in London doing consults end of May . Does he perform any follow up surgery in London too or is that in Belgium ?

In terms of cost , how much does Dr Bisanga charge as a flat rate per graft ? Does the clinic offer finance options etc ?

Lastly , what’s the average wait time currently after consultation before the transplant can take place if Dr Bisanga confirms a person is a candidate for a HT(I know depending on business this could change )?

Thannks in advance .

Thanks @Ad1987

Ill dm you to discuss London and to address your further questions.

Patient Advisor for Dr. Bisanga - BHR Clinic 

ian@bhrclinic.com   -    BHR YouTube Channel - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCcH4PY1OxoYFwSDKzAkZRww

I am not a medical professional and my words should not be taken as medical advice. All opinions and views shared are my own.

As someone who also had still quite some hair left, but kind of a little "unnatural" balding pattern, I certainly can relate to the TO. 

My comments are:

- You do not need a HT, but actually no one does.

- Limiting your options to a certain city or focus to much on financials is a mistake. We have holiday all over the world and should be able to fly to Belgium or Spain for such an important step in life. 

- The issue with small HT is always a poor risk to benefit ratio, therefor IMO 2 decisions have to be made:

1) Create a complete new hairline below the existing one or fill in weak areas in between (like mine). Feriduni mentioned to me that the latter is more difficult and for an optimum results it is best to stay a little ahead of the existing hairline (to make it look more natural with the stranglers/baby hair in front (if you chose to fill-in). 

2) Recreate temple points yes or no? This is the most delicate part of a HT and even with a top clinic a buzzcut in this area is often not possible afterwards. Of course the optical benefit is high.

My feeling is from the pics: You hairline is a tad higher than mine, therefore it is probably best to recreate a complete new hairline and go lower than the current one. 

The crown is a "no" in your case. The hair is still way to dense in this area and being on meds will buy you more time. 

Edited by Gasthoerer
  • Like 1

15 minutes ago, Gasthoerer said:

As someone who also had still quite some hair left, but kind of a little "unnatural" balding pattern, I certainly can relate to the TO. 

My comments are:

- You do not need a HT, but actually no one does.

- Limiting your options to a certain city or focus to much on financials is a mistake. We have holiday all over the world and should be able to fly to Belgium or Spain for such an important step in life. 

- The issue with small HT is always a poor risk to benefit ratio, therefor IMO 2 decisions have to be made:

1) Create a complete new hairline below the existing one or fill in weak areas in between (like mine). Feriduni mentioned to me that the latter is more difficult and for an optimum results it is best to stay a little ahead of the existing hairline (to make it look more natural with the stranglers/baby hair in front (if you chose to fill-in). 

2) Recreate temple points yes or no? This is the most delicate part of a HT and even with a top clinic a buzzcut in this area is often not possible afterwards. Of course the optical benefit is high.

My feeling is from the pics: You hairline is a tad higher than mine, therefore it is probably best to recreate a complete new hairline and go lower than the current one. 

The crown is a "no" in your case. The hair is still way to dense in this area and being on meds will buy you more time. 

Thanks for this - really useful .

Would  you expand on the temples point ?

I really will only move forward with a ht if I can be assured it won’t look pluggy, wiry and still thin. It would only be beneficial to me if it were to look authentic , add density etc..

On 4/16/2022 at 2:28 PM, Ryan Daniel said:

Either you stop worrying about your hair because it looks fine to me or else you have to be 100% you are going to a doctor that is willing to fill out the hairline to strengthen it and straighten the curve better.

You will be able to go with a non shaven method too . I can't see you needing more than 500 grafts 

Go to someone who knows how to plant soft singles, you don't want to plant any thick follicles that are taken from the donor area, those buggers are coarse and thick. Make sure they take them from nape area or around the ear. Make sure they are singles and not doubles. It would be the end of the world having doubles everywhere ruining your perfect rest of the hair behind it..  

I agree with Ryan Daniel.  I have thick, coarse hairs (many doubles) planted at the front of my hairline that I never understood the aesthetic goal.  Over a decade later and still plucking hairs.  I have bags of transplanted hairs I have plucked over the years for comparison to see if they might "soften" with time.  I went in principally to see about a thinning spot at the front, left with the suggestion to lower the hairline 1/2 cm.  So much frustration over the years for a 1/2 cm.  :( In retrospect should have tried finasteride first to see if the thinning spot would thicken.

The thing is this, Adam, for people such as yourself (and myself) with overall great hair, our expectation I believe is a bit different than persons with much greater hair loss. We want a bit of a touch up, nothing too much; so seems like it shouldn't be too involved - relatively easy and quick. But it is a lot of risk for relatively small gains. And whereas someone with significant hair loss might be happy with "thick hairs at the hairline" and not see a danger in moving forward with surgery, I can tell you that "touch up" procedures carry high expectations.  

Above all I would suggest you actually look at some hair transplants IN REAL LIFE, not just pictures or video.  There are so many small details I see in my bathroom mirror that I simply cannot capture with a camera. For example, Ryan doesn't mention the texture of the skin following a transplant.  I have spent  +$4000.00 on micro needling and radio frequency micro needling (Genius RF) to improve the resulting bumpy skin texture of the skin around the transplanted hairs.  Think carefully, and try and see someone in person who has had a hair transplant. Oh, yes, also 2 laser treatments to get rid of redness that persisted OVER 2 YEARS.

Edited by harryforreal
  • Like 1

• 3 months later...

5 years ago ..

6EE7CABC-97F2-4C24-9D28-7573CAD39B12.thumb.jpeg.e10bc7da6ab6042ca8139301373b2852.jpeg
one year ago….

FB8BABA1-FE50-43DC-B4E3-FB5C0CD6FC0F.thumb.jpeg.f4f0b9cd4e43dfef120c5932d96d01b2.jpeg

today …

5F98E76B-17CC-4A3B-A1FB-914F58CACFE5.thumb.jpeg.22910110ba25d02cece5b3802b69a5ac.jpeg

would you say there was a deterioration? Time to move forward with the hairline transplant ?

Edited by Ad1987

TBH I think you'd be crazy to go in for a hair transplant. I know it's hard to do but stop thinking about it so much. I don't think you would get any aesthetic improvement from a HT at this point, or even for the forseeable future. The risk of the HT making you look worse (Even with a reputable Dr) is worth considering. The risk/reward you would get out of a HT is not at all worth it imo.  

• Like 2

The change isn't really that noticeable for 5 years difference. If finasteride is not presenting any side effects, then I would consider you very lucky. It seems like you're going for perfection.

Most men at your age are balding, you don't even look like you're balding, if anything your hairline looks younger than your age (comparatively). Just my opinion.

• Like 1

Thanks for the responses .

Yes I’m on finasteride and have been since that pic five years ago. I luckily don’t have sides .

When I first went on it I thought I did however I think these may have been psychosomatic.

27 minutes ago, MissMyLongHair said:

OP has better hair at 35 than I did at 15. Surgery should be last resort, I wouldn't do it in your case.

completely agree. I get that op is trying to strive for perfection but hes got to realise hes still an nw1.5 at worst. hes got a lot of great hair that doesn't need to be changed. hes got a really nice matured hairline that hasnt gone further back. 

• Like 2

Hi All

Just had a haircut . During the haircut the hairdresser2CC3024F-2376-4F33-8F30-5239D3BF0905.thumb.jpeg.18315ae1e3f2b36e3bced5d8c01a9e1b.jpeg2CC3024F-2376-4F33-8F30-5239D3BF0905.thumb.jpeg.18315ae1e3f2b36e3bced5d8c01a9e1b.jpeg2042D4DA-BAF8-42C8-9AA1-755DD1C460F4.thumb.jpeg.c3ef09424b9cbdce639cacb26e15edaa.jpeg024E81DF-59C2-4BF9-AD51-57A584E78CB2.thumb.jpeg.dd95b644c0156fe2cf091fd0273ac4a0.jpeg0EF749A8-C049-4795-A4EE-F74C0F8A9FC8.thumb.jpeg.1156d27a26e87462b2048d9e4c41d81d.jpeg142A406D-00E7-481A-B00D-BE1A73B012FF.thumb.jpeg.bff849c415cee3d196fe99d506798f92.jpegED58F003-AC2E-4CCD-966B-1C03EEE1577B.thumb.jpeg.0babad9f6c6eeaf86d71800a55e9b3bd.jpeg said ‘lots of movement at the crown so we want to keep this short . Didn’t quite know what he meant . Balding /thinning ?
Here are pics of my crown and hairline straight from the hairdressers .

does the crown look like it’s now taking a hit ?

10 hours ago, Ad1987 said:

Hi All

Just had a haircut . During the haircut the hairdresser2CC3024F-2376-4F33-8F30-5239D3BF0905.thumb.jpeg.18315ae1e3f2b36e3bced5d8c01a9e1b.jpeg2CC3024F-2376-4F33-8F30-5239D3BF0905.thumb.jpeg.18315ae1e3f2b36e3bced5d8c01a9e1b.jpeg2042D4DA-BAF8-42C8-9AA1-755DD1C460F4.thumb.jpeg.c3ef09424b9cbdce639cacb26e15edaa.jpeg024E81DF-59C2-4BF9-AD51-57A584E78CB2.thumb.jpeg.dd95b644c0156fe2cf091fd0273ac4a0.jpeg0EF749A8-C049-4795-A4EE-F74C0F8A9FC8.thumb.jpeg.1156d27a26e87462b2048d9e4c41d81d.jpeg142A406D-00E7-481A-B00D-BE1A73B012FF.thumb.jpeg.bff849c415cee3d196fe99d506798f92.jpegED58F003-AC2E-4CCD-966B-1C03EEE1577B.thumb.jpeg.0babad9f6c6eeaf86d71800a55e9b3bd.jpeg said ‘lots of movement at the crown so we want to keep this short . Didn’t quite know what he meant . Balding /thinning ?

Looks like a cowlick to me but either way I wouldn’t touch the crown not worth the risk , the hairline would just need a small procedure consult with bisanga, de frietas, and cuoto they got great result with hairlines 

2 hours ago, Dillpickle123 said:

Looks like a cowlick to me but either way I wouldn’t touch the crown not worth the risk , the hairline would just need a small procedure consult with bisanga, de frietas, and cuoto they got great result with hairlines 

Thanks.

I was considering a procedure on the hairline but people have persuaded me that the risks at this stage could outweigh the good .

thanks again 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Ad1987 said:

Thanks.

I was considering a procedure on the hairline but people have persuaded me that the risks at this stage could outweigh the good .

thanks again 

Why would they outweigh the good? Ive seen dozens of results with people with big foreheads getting a transplant and looking amazing if you feel that you want to get one get one just do research since I think most of the area transplanted would be bald I don’t see how it could be a huge risk 

2 hours ago, Dillpickle123 said:

Why would they outweigh the good? Ive seen dozens of results with people with big foreheads getting a transplant and looking amazing if you feel that you want to get one get one just do research since I think most of the area transplanted would be bald I don’t see how it could be a huge risk 

Yes good point . Some say shock loss etc etc …

27 minutes ago, Ad1987 said:

Yes good point . Some say shock loss etc etc …

I’ve seen dr bisanga have a lot of cases like yours where they just need the hairline done and it’s almost always a home run there’s a lot of good doctors in Belgium and Spain cuoto, ferriera, pinto, de frietas, mwamba, feriduini, bisanga etc 

• Administrators
23 hours ago, Ad1987 said:

Hi All

Your hair looks fantastic, enjoy your hair, no need to entertain the thought of surgery.

• Like 2

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/19/2022 at 1:21 PM, Dillpickle123 said:

I’ve seen dr bisanga have a lot of cases like yours where they just need the hairline done and it’s almost always a home run there’s a lot of good doctors in Belgium and Spain cuoto, ferriera, pinto, de frietas, mwamba, feriduini, bisanga etc 

I would venture to say that when people look at hairlines of HT, the majority are from pics online. There are many details that cannot be captured in a photo, especially when placed on a site which limits/reduces the size of the photo file (which I believe this site does, as photos I've uploaded in the past do not have the same high quality as the originals).  

To truly gage results, you should try to see the results in person. Especially if you have never had a HT and don't know what to look for. 

1 hour ago, harryforreal said:

I would venture to say that when people look at hairlines of HT, the majority are from pics online. There are many details that cannot be captured in a photo, especially when placed on a site which limits/reduces the size of the photo file (which I believe this site does, as photos I've uploaded in the past do not have the same high quality as the originals).  

To truly gage results, you should try to see the results in person. Especially if you have never had a HT and don't know what to look for. 

I’ll def know soon enough when I have my own in a few months like you said there details that are missed through photos