Can my donor handle 3k grafts?

For now yes, what is your age? The crown shows signs that in may drop to NW6 in future so if you are not on medication & under 40, make sure they don't get too close to unsafe zone when harvesting. With such pattern hair loss, if you are young patient FUT would be more ideal.

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, civic said:

For now yes, what is your age? The crown shows signs that in may drop to NW6 in future so if you are not on medication & under 40, make sure they don't get too close to unsafe zone when harvesting. With such pattern hair loss, if you are young patient FUT would be more ideal.

I'm 34, been on fin for almost two years and luckily the crown has moved much since that time.

Thanks for your input.

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, Kashnw7hope said:

I have only one word for you : EASILY

Your donor is strong and you will be just fine . 

Appreciate your input. It "appears" ok after a shower. A bit different when I wake up or after a long day, it looks choppy as my hair is very straight.

I worried how punching 3000 holes might affect that.

I guess I will know for sure when Dr. Arika does an examination.

• Administrators

FUT or FUE?

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

Yes, it can definitely take 3000 grafts

If I were you  I would be more worried about choosing the correct doctor to handle your donor area rather than wondering if it can take 3000 grafts. Going to a hair mill will leave your donor area looking like it got hammered by a shotgun 

Based on the pics, your donor looks suitable to support 3,000 graft extractions and much more...but only a microscopic examination will tell all.

Most clinics utilize techs to perform the extractions and the skill level varies quite a bit between individuals.

Lastly, your crown definitely shows a diffused thinning pattern so staying with a proven hair loss med such as low dose finasteride is imperative as MPB is a life-long genetic condition.

• Like 1

Gillenator

Independent Patient Advocate

I am not a physician and not employed by any doctor/clinic. My opinions are not medical advice, but are my own views which you read at your own risk.

Supporting Physicians: Dr. Robert Dorin: The Hairloss Doctors in New York, NY