3001 FUE grafts with Dr Sethi from Eugenix. March 1st to March 3rd.

36 minutes ago, GeneralNorwood said:

Tony, maybe you can try using 5% minoxidil, because as i remember you only mentioned using topical dutasteride.

Topical minoxidil can do tremendous job for beard grafts. You can use it once per day, before going to sleep.

Will look into it.  Thank you!

Dear Tony, 

We are glad we could get in touch with you and understand each other on your call with Dr Sethi. We strongly recommend you follow the advice given by Dr Sethi on the call and let the hair grow out. 

Beard Hair are slower growing than scalp hair, it takes a bit longer than usual. Particularly in your case where beard grafts were extensively utilized, owing to your poor donor availability. Indeed, the anagen phase takes longer. We have seen in the past that patients with higher number of beard grafts have observed good results after 15-18 months of their procedure. 

Even after your results, as Dr. Sethi suggested SMP is also an option that could be considered once we see the final outcome. We request that you also understand that your case is not comparable to Mr Adrian Brown, where the procedure involved more of scalp hair compared to your procedure. 

Nevertheless, we continue to stand by you and Mr Hariom will be available for you alongside our round-the-clock post-operative team to support you through this. Dr. Sethi would love to assess you physically and he might fly to USA in June/July, although there's no confirmation yet, we will keep you posted on this. 

We are sharing some pre and post operative pictures for context below which should indicate the gradual but significant differences in your hair restoration journey to the larger community.

The entire team at Eugenix is geared towards maintaining good relations and supporting our patients after their procedures are done. Feel free to connect with us anytime and as many times as you wish. 

Warm Regards, 
Eugenix Hair Sciences

5.jpg

2.jpg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• Administrators

I must admit after seeing these images there is a lot of growth, much more than I had earlier thought. I can clearly see where the grafts were placed in the same pattern, and the hairline shape. That said, given that most of these grafts are beard, anagen de-synchronization and later growth come to play.

One of the issues of using just beard hair is the shorter anagen phase and longer telogen phase. I feel this is a good and interesting case study for anyone interested in using solely beard hair. Glad to see Eugenix offering top-notch customer care and standing by the patient 🙏🏼

1950FFB1-AEDC-4123-89F9-6FA7C5CBD2C0.jpeg

• Thanks 1

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

43 minutes ago, Melvin- Moderator said:

I must admit after seeing these images there is a lot of growth, much more than I had earlier thought. I can clearly see where the grafts were placed in the same pattern, and the hairline shape. That said, given that most of these grafts are beard, anagen de-synchronization and later growth come to play.

One of the issues of using just beard hair is the shorter anagen phase and longer telogen phase. I feel this is a good and interesting case study for anyone interested in using solely beard hair. Glad to see Eugenix offering top-notch customer care and standing by the patient 🙏🏼

1950FFB1-AEDC-4123-89F9-6FA7C5CBD2C0.jpeg

I’m wondering if I use more beard grafts to fill the front or no? I guess that’s a question for Dr Sethi  

• Administrators
32 minutes ago, Tony711 said:

I’m wondering if I use more beard grafts to fill the front or no? I guess that’s a question for Dr Sethi  

Never use beard grafts for the front. Beard hair is better used as filler hair. 

• Thanks 1

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

10 hours ago, Eugenix Hair Sciences said:

We request that you also understand that your case is not comparable to Mr Adrian Brown, where the procedure involved more of scalp hair compared to your procedure. 

@Xanadu

leo.jpg.e144c4252b6f0af49ad6c4c0a59d08cd.jpg

10 hours ago, Eugenix Hair Sciences said:

Nevertheless, we continue to stand by you and Mr Hariom will be available for you alongside our round-the-clock post-operative team to support you through this. Dr. Sethi would love to assess you physically and he might fly to USA in June/July, although there's no confirmation yet, we will keep you posted on this. 

It's very good to hear, that Eugenix is not abandoning Tony. I think this result is below level of what we are used to see from Eugenix, so critical posts from many of users in this topic were unevitable. Therefore, Eugenix team should have extra level of understanding and empathy for Tony and i hope that from this moment previous communication problems will fade away. What we all want is Tony happy with the end result. 

4 hours ago, Melvin- Moderator said:

Never use beard grafts for the front. Beard hair is better used as filler hair. (...)

One of the issues of using just beard hair is the shorter anagen phase and longer telogen phase

True. Maybe it's possible to find some extra scalp grafts and in case of donor depletion it can be repaired with body grafts. 

and speaking of beard graft phases, Minoxidil prolongs the anagen phase and shortens the telogen phase, so sorry for repeating myself, but topical/oral minoxidil can bring great benefit for you , Tony. It's science. 

Edited by GeneralNorwood
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• Valued Contributor

If it were possible to squeeze another 1000 scalp grafts for the frontal third, and any extra beard & body hair for the midscalp, this could turn into a very reasonable result. 

It looks like everything grew in more or less, but 3000 grafts for that whole area is a big ask under the best circumstances. 2,500 beard grafts - mostly single hairs I imagine - was always going to be very limiting. 

• Like 1

• Moderators

I just want to chime in since I've used a lot of beard and chest hair (not with Eugenix) and I have seen improvement past the one year mark on myself.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Al

Forum Moderator

(formerly BeHappy)

I am a forum moderator for hairrestorationnetwork.com. I am not a Dr. and I do not work for any particular Dr. My opinions are my own and may not reflect the opinions of other moderators or the owner of this site. I am also a hair transplant patient and repair patient. You can view some of my repair journey here.

1 hour ago, BeHappy said:

I just want to chime in since I've used a lot of beard and chest hair (not with Eugenix) and I have seen improvement past the one year mark on myself.

Do you have before and after pictures?

• 2 weeks later...

HI, sorry im late to all this.

@tony71Sorry you had to go through this. I tried going back to Page 1 to see your before pics but couldn't find any.

Is it possible for you to post your before/after pics to compare/

Edited by BaldingEagle1

Follow my Hair Transplant experience with Eugenix!

Nov 16, 2022

• 5 months later...
4 minutes ago, mrmane85 said:

How's it looking @Tony711?

Hello!

not much going on.  Dr Sethi sent me a message that he was in Philly if I wanted to meet him but it was short noticed and I was in LA. 

Decided to look into another Dr next year who’s good with density 

• Sad 1

7 hours ago, Tony711 said:

Hello!

not much going on.  Dr Sethi sent me a message that he was in Philly if I wanted to meet him but it was short noticed and I was in LA. 

Any names on your shortlist? 

• Valued Contributor

Hey Tony.
You’ve chosen an excellent surgeon in Dr Pittella. However, for what it’s worth, I would strongly recommend that you have a scalp biopsy. After the amount of surgeries you have had by elite surgeons, you really want to rule out any biological scalp conditions that might be preventing good growth. I only say this in the spirit of wanting the best for you. 🙏

• Like 4

13 hours ago, Tony711 said:

Hello!

That's a real shame - given you went for their highest tier of surgeon, you'd have to say the outcome (yield and response from the clinic) are disappointing.

Is it Eugenix' opinion that 80 percent grew so the outcome is acceptable for $25,000 / as expected, and that they stand by it without the need to perform any more surgery or financial help ? 

Edited by BackFromTheBrink
  • Like 1

Just now, BackFromTheBrink said:

That's a real shame - given you went for their highest tier of surgeon, you'd have to say the outcome (yield and response from the clinic) are disappointing.

Is Eugenix' opinion that 80 percent grew so the outcome is acceptable for $25,000 / as expected, and that they stand by it without the need perform any more surgery or financial help ?

That is just Eugenix. If something goes wrong, they just tell you to "wait, wait" till you die, it's very cynical approach. 

Don't expect that they will offer you some repair by themselves. Maybe in some cases, but for sure they are dosing help. And after seeing how they behave in case of problems, you won't want a fix from them anyway. Just read this topic... They messed up and took zero responsibility for it. Instead they decided to attack the patient. 

So their customer service sucks, and it is visible when outcome is unsatisfying. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Gatsby said:

Hey Tony.
You’ve chosen an excellent surgeon in Dr Pittella. However, for what it’s worth, I would strongly recommend that you have a scalp biopsy. After the amount of surgeries you have had by elite surgeons, you really want to rule out any biological scalp conditions that might be preventing good growth. I only say this in the spirit of wanting the best for you. 🙏

Thanks for the advice.  I will definitely would do it next year before doing another procedure for sure. 

thank you 🙏 🙏🙏

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BackFromTheBrink said:

Is it Eugenix' opinion that 80 percent grew so the outcome is acceptable for $25,000 / as expected, and that they stand by it without the need to perform any more surgery or financial help ? 

All I can say that they didn’t take much consideration into the density of the hair when I even asked them about it several times.    At this point I feel it was a big loss and waste of my time going back and forth with them. 

1 hour ago, GeneralNorwood said:

That is just Eugenix. If something goes wrong, they just tell you to "wait, wait" till you die, it's very cynical approach. 

Don't expect that they will offer you some repair by themselves. Maybe in some cases, but for sure they are dosing help. And after seeing how they behave in case of problems, you won't want a fix from them anyway. Just read this topic... They messed up and took zero responsibility for it. Instead they decided to attack the patient. 

So their customer service sucks, and it is visible when outcome is unsatisfying. 

Exactly.  

20 minutes ago, Tony711 said:

All I can say that they didn’t take much consideration into the density of the hair when I even asked them about it several times.    At this point I feel it was a big loss and waste of my time going back and forth with them. 

It'd be good to get their feedback @Eugenix Hair Sciences

They have had some fantastic cases reported on here (Gatsby et al) and I got the impression they really looked after their higher tier patients.

From my perspective, the density is evident from the photos (so an in person consult isn't needed to make a determination) and certainly not at the figures they quoted. 

It is worth getting a scalp assessment as soon as you can so that it helps provide context to this result and helps you to decide what to do next.

I do think cases like yours are just as valuable as the high Norwood success cases since it provides a balanced view for other members of this site to make their judgements on.

I do struggle when clinics react negatively to posts on here too - I know they don't want negatively publicity but patients are understandably emotional about their own results and clinics need to be mindful of that and offer the same service to all of their customers.

• Like 1

Whether the yield was good or bad or average is irrelevant TBH. OP should've been turned away as not a good candidate and I can say that without even seeing his donor pic. Just knowing the high % of beard grafts that had to be used means he isn't a good candidate. 

Tony, I would consult with Pitella and a few others, but I think in your case you're probably best off saving your money and not pursuing any further HT's. 

Eugenix seems to take on nearly any candidate. Is there any anecdotes of people being turned away by them? A sign of a good clinic is how many candidates they turn away and I don't remember hearing of anyone getting turned away by Eugenix. 

• Like 3

• Valued Contributor

I would agree with @GoliGoliGoliin this and would like to add one more thing that imho i don't think there is any survival issue or skills related issue or any surgical negligence/incapability but they took an extremely challenging case and the result is an obvious one ....

Imo its fine to take such a case but before taking such a case they should have made everything clear to the OP about what to expect and what not to so that the OP would have kept his expectations in check and he wouldn't have been disappointed with this...such a case should only be taken if the patient is ready to keep his expectations pretty low and should have been willing to expect a super subpar result 

Edited by A_4_Archan
  • Like 2

Check Out My Hair Transplant Journey

--> My Thread

3611 FUE Grafts With Dr Kongkiat Laorwong | Norwood 5 | 2nd May 2023