3001 FUE grafts with Dr Sethi from Eugenix. March 1st to March 3rd.

Hey Guys!,

I finally went through with it and flew to India and did my HT with Dr Sethi from Euginex!  

The team at Euginex have been amazing.  From my first contact with Amandeep, then mostly with Satyam and of course Dr Sethi. 

I will try to make it short. If you search my screen name you can see my post from 2006 and the experience I had from 1996 which was awful.  So I was very hesitant to do another HT and specially flying all the way from DC to India. 

I arrived on Feb 27th and the driver from Euginex picked me up and took me to my hotel.  I thought I arrive two days early to beat the jet lag and be ready for the procedure on March 1st and 2nd.  These were the dates set for 2000 grafts. 

On the 28th Feb I went in the late afternoon to do some blood work and that’s when it hit me.  I was thinking what the hell am I doing?!! I flew half the globe to India to a hair transplant when I could just shave it and be happy with the SMP.  Anyways , the anxiety started to kick in. 

On the day of the surgery , March 1st the driver picked me up around 9am. Once at the clinic I changed clothes and waited for Dr Arika, she came in and we talked a little then she left. Then Dr Sethi walked in and I felt like I know this guy for years!   Whatever anxiety I had went away,  he was very down to earth and just a happy guy.  

He took one look at my beard and my chest hair and said we can give you full head of hair!!   Probably 10,000 to 12000 grafts.    I was not expecting that, he said let’s do 3000 grafts.  So we decided to do 3000 instead of 2000. 
518 was scalp and 2500 beard.  

He told me my beard is very good and can probably do the crown too. 

So we started the procedure and it took 3 days until March 3rd. 

i stayed at the farm house from the 1st to the 3rd March. It’s an amazing property.  I was treated like a royalty. 

@Melvin- Moderator Wasn’t joking about the place. It was very nice. 
i finally met @Melvin- Moderator, @Gatsby and @Zoomster via video chat and it was definitely nice chatting with them for a few minutes.  Made me more relax.   So thank you guys!

One thing I noticed about Dr Sethi is he personally in contact with his patients and always checking on them even way after the procedure.  You don’t get this from the other doctors and specially not from the ones in the US. 

Here my pics 2 days post op.  I have also linked below a separate thread when I was looking for advise on which doctor to go too and you can see my before pics there. 

D9426EA2-D377-417D-92F0-2AD06704A605.jpeg

02166CB6-B47C-4B40-B1F4-CB26EBF02B77.jpeg

597EEDEA-EB2C-474D-A5AD-7569E9E6C99D.jpeg

CE55C923-7B4A-436D-98FA-5A0834FFACB2.jpeg

4DFE62D1-796A-4BD9-8B2F-FA5E8D499138.jpeg

8AE3ED85-1130-449D-959B-A1A461B24671.png

64AFA897-015F-4BD5-A47A-D23E91F3A07D.png

Edited by Melvin- Moderator
Fixed title
  • Like 2

• Administrators

Great to meet you Tony, quite the piano player 👌 can’t wait to see your progress. 

• Like 1

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

On 3/5/2022 at 2:27 PM, JC71 said:

Excellent work! This should be yet another Eugenix success story. Another case showing why they really are such a good choice for the higher Norwoods 👍🏼

Fingers crossed. 🙏

• Like 2

22 hours ago, slim999 said:

How long does it take usually for the redness to disappear from the beard region ?

It’s 3 days now and it’s almost gone. Little sore but all good 

• Like 1

All the best to you @Tony711. I have these questions if you could answer. I see from the picture that the donor in your case was around ears as opposed to the back of the head. Is it because of donor scarcity on back of the head? Also, the beard hairs were used above the chin 👍possibly to get more coverage.

I recently had a hair transplant at Eugenix. Checkout and let me know your feedback.

https://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/topic/63068-eugenix-3000-grafts-grade-67-my-first-hair-transplant-february-28-2022/

7 hours ago, quantumhair said:

All the best to you @Tony711. I have these questions if you could answer. I see from the picture that the donor in your case was around ears as opposed to the back of the head. Is it because of donor scarcity on back of the head? Also, the beard hairs were used above the chin 👍possibly to get more coverage.

Exactly. In 1996 to 1999 I had 4 strip hair transplants which were really bad and it ruined my donor area in the back. So, Dr Sethi was able to extract from around the ear area and close to the sideburn areas.  Managed to get 512 grafts or so.  

The rest was from beard which was 2500 grafts.  He also took grafts from above the chin too.  

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Gatsby said:

Hey Tony. It was great chatting with you. I noticed even when we were chatting that you have an excellent beard. You are in great hands and I look forward to following your journey. 👌

The same here. Great chatting!  Well, I went with Dr Sethi thanks to you guys. 🙂.   Can’t wait to see your follow up pics soon. 

• Thanks 1

• Administrators

This is gonna be an epic transformation. Is the crown planned?

• Thanks 1

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

View my thread

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

14 hours ago, Tony711 said:

Exactly. In 1996 to 1999 I had 4 strip hair transplants which were really bad and it ruined my donor area in the back. So, Dr Sethi was able to extract from around the ear area and close to the sideburn areas.  Managed to get 512 grafts or so.  

The rest was from beard which was 2500 grafts.  He also took grafts from above the chin too.  

Salute to you. I was just 4 in 1996.

• Like 1

I recently had a hair transplant at Eugenix. Checkout and let me know your feedback.

https://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/topic/63068-eugenix-3000-grafts-grade-67-my-first-hair-transplant-february-28-2022/

16 minutes ago, Melvin- Moderator said:

This is gonna be an epic transformation. Is the crown planned?

In the next 7 to 12 months. We decided to do the front for now.  Crown he said we can do 4000 to 5000 grafts.  

I saw Dr Sethi today and he said my beard still has 4000 grafts I can use.   Crazy! 

• Like 2

• Administrators
2 hours ago, Tony711 said:

In the next 7 to 12 months. We decided to do the front for now.  Crown he said we can do 4000 to 5000 grafts.  

I saw Dr Sethi today and he said my beard still has 4000 grafts I can use.   Crazy! 

Do the CROWN!! Haha 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

View my thread

Here are 7 days post op with head wash at Eugenix.  The guy that did the wash said 30% of the scabs are gone, I need to go back tomorrow for a second wash. 

i also shaved today but took it easy. Have a little bumps here and there but not noticeable. 

C0DE4A1F-5298-4426-83D8-BD5DE01BBEB0.jpeg

803E6182-1A13-47FB-A4B7-1BDF95470F18.jpeg

8F91A10D-CEDC-4ADB-84CA-84A5F7DA90F8.jpeg

5D634C25-F633-4025-A1D2-A663315F57F5.jpeg

5C4C8301-D1D8-4B9C-82B8-0383F5D582AF.jpeg

288F8099-D6AE-473B-A07F-BD9251A1A873.jpeg

687D7DF5-A001-468B-9200-600641B42DCE.jpeg

• Like 1

• Administrators

The beard has healed incredibly well. You can’t see anything wow. 

• Like 1

View my thread

11 minutes ago, Melvin- Moderator said:

The beard has healed incredibly well. You can’t see anything wow. 

I know! I had to shave very gently. It’s still irritated but manageable.   

You look like you're really healing well for post-op and the redness should abate hopefully. 

Look forwards to seeing the results in 12 months and of course along the way. Always love hearing when you get better than expected news. Hell, those body hair grafts trying to pop out the robe and to the top of the head already! :D

All the best Tony. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, NARMAK said:

You look like you're really healing well for post-op and the redness should abate hopefully. 

Look forwards to seeing the results in 12 months and of course along the way. Always love hearing when you get better than expected news. Hell, those body hair grafts trying to pop out the robe and to the top of the head already! :D

All the best Tony. 

Thanks man!  Definitely different than what I had done which was strip grafts. That was sooooo painful and took such a long time to heal.   This was a breeze. 

And yeah the body hair are next to attack and put in the crown area. 😂