3001 FUE grafts with Dr Sethi from Eugenix. March 1st to March 3rd.

2 hours ago, ahmed9500 said:

Thanks for an update. Again I really hope you get a late growth spurt but this unfortunately doesnt look great ill be honest. @Eugenix Hair Sciences will say wait till 12 months but im sure if it doenst improve they will do something to help you?

I guess I will have to wait and see if they will help out or not.  

On 12/4/2022 at 5:02 AM, Tony711 said:

I guess I will have to wait and see if they will help out or not.  

Has the clinic responded? I really hope they make things right for you mate, judging by the post op density this is not a good result and nowhere near what we would expect from @Eugenix Hair Sciences

There has been some worries about their rapid upscaling, but this is probably the first truly poor growth trajectory I have seen from them.. what happened here?

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, botchedguy95 said:

Has the clinic responded? I really hope they make things right for you mate, judging by the post op density this is not a good result and nowhere near what we would expect from @Eugenix Hair Sciences

There has been some worries about their rapid upscaling, but this is probably the first truly poor growth trajectory I have seen from them.. what happened here?

This is their respond so far  in 3 months it will be 12 months  

“Greeting for the day sir,
Thank you for sharing your scalp images, let the hair grow and please wait for the complete growth which will come in 12 months from the date of procedure as beard hair growth is slower than the scalp hair.
Keep taking finasteride and a healthy diet.”

Ok so I just read the whole thread from the beginning, I needed some clarity on what led you up to this point. As this was mostly beard grafts being used then yeh it’s entirely possible that the timeline would be extended somewhat. I also read that Eugenix could infact give you a full head of hair using around 10 - 12k worth of grafts from the Beard/Chest? So was the plan to always go back for more? I ask as obviously 3k is a quarter of what they mentioned to give you full head possible coverage. How many grafts would you say you had prior to this transplant? As they eked out only 500 scalp grafts it was obviously quite exhausted already. 
We all know that beard/chest hair should be a supplement to as many scalp hairs as possible, and I was curious to what the possible ratio might be in you’re case. 

Hey Tony, 

Just read your update, and sorry to hear things are not on track at the moment. One thing I would say is reach out to Dr Sethi directly. I know from our time there, you both had a very good relationship, and i'm sure he can give you a better idea of where he thinks you are and how much is still expected to come. I'm really am hoping you are a late bloomer  because I can first hand vouch you are a great guy, who is deserving of a great result, especially given the poor outcomes of your previous surgeries. Take care mate. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, Pbaird98 said:

Ok so I just read the whole thread from the beginning, I needed some clarity on what led you up to this point. As this was mostly beard grafts being used then yeh it’s entirely possible that the timeline would be extended somewhat. I also read that Eugenix could infact give you a full head of hair using around 10 - 12k worth of grafts from the Beard/Chest? So was the plan to always go back for more? I ask as obviously 3k is a quarter of what they mentioned to give you full head possible coverage. How many grafts would you say you had prior to this transplant? As they eked out only 500 scalp grafts it was obviously quite exhausted already. 
We all know that beard/chest hair should be a supplement to as many scalp hairs as possible, and I was curious to what the possible ratio might be in you’re case. 

I do feel like there are lots of beard hair still growing that are very thick , so it’s possible I have to wait more than the usual time.  I have had 4 procedures which were strips in late 90s for a total of 2300 grafts in the front.    

Dr Sethi did say I should have around 30cm2 to 35cm2 coverage for the front with the procedure I have done so far, and I should come back do any touch ups for the front, and then we can do the back. 

I feel he can still get 1000 grafts from the sides for scalp to scalp. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Bandit90 said:

Hey Tony, 

Just read your update, and sorry to hear things are not on track at the moment. One thing I would say is reach out to Dr Sethi directly. I know from our time there, you both had a very good relationship, and i'm sure he can give you a better idea of where he thinks you are and how much is still expected to come. I'm really am hoping you are a late bloomer  because I can first hand vouch you are a great guy, who is deserving of a great result, especially given the poor outcomes of your previous surgeries. Take care mate. 

Thanks mate.  I will reach out to him soon. 🙏

• 3 weeks later...
1 hour ago, BaldingEagle1 said:

Almost another month, hope its gotten better @Tony711

It’s slightly improved.  Will

take pics first week of Jan.  

I did also reach out to Dr Sethi, he was surprised why it hasn’t grown out yet.  He said to give it more time.  

• 2 weeks later...

Hello,

I just took some pics since it’s now 10 

months and 1 day. And 5 months since I just let the hair grow and been trimming the sides.  Not much of an improvement. 

I have reached out to Dr Sethi today as well and sent him the pics.  It’s definitely not improved, but still seeing new hair growing and feel it too. They are the beard hair.  

I’m thinking  giving the hair a trim to even it all around or just let it keep growing another 3 months then go get a trim. 

I’m starting to have doubts that I should never gotten this done and have my head shaved. 

Eugenix does reach out once a month but they always saying allow it to grow. 

06C86688-D5BB-4ED9-91FC-F91CE9AAEA04.jpeg

BADA8424-EED8-476B-B749-54EE2F980309.jpeg

40649952-9609-41A5-9129-7CC3B1C2169F.jpeg

8298D369-8362-48EF-A592-B70C35FFA47E.jpeg

19D5F99B-5AEC-403C-A6F7-DA9C1A7F3327.jpeg

2EB32805-045F-40BC-9879-3D188F03D65A.jpeg

• Sad 3

This is unfortunately a massive misfire on all fronts — and from Dr. Sethi, no less. I’m really, really sorry man; for 3,000 grafts I’d expect more growth (even accounting for the different beard growth cycles and the fact that you’ve had prior surgeries). It honestly looks like no more than 500 grafts grew in. 

It’s frankly disgraceful to keep you waiting until the 12 month mark to properly address this. Many ethical doctors are willing to commit to a repair by the 6 month mark when things look this awry. Has Dr. Sethi spoken with you? I sincerely believe you ought to receive a refund for this poor job. A repair using more precious beard grafts seems like it would be a waste, imo and I don’t blame you for preferring to not have done the surgery. 

I really hope that given the lack of quality around the outcome that Eugenix does the right thing. At the very least they owe you an explanation.

Please keep us updated. 

• Like 9

23 minutes ago, Z-- said:

This is unfortunately a massive misfire on all fronts — and from Dr. Sethi, no less. I’m really, really sorry man; for 3,000 grafts I’d expect more growth (even accounting for the different beard growth cycles and the fact that you’ve had prior surgeries). It honestly looks like no more than 500 grafts grew in. 

It’s frankly disgraceful to keep you waiting until the 12 month mark to properly address this. Many ethical doctors are willing to commit to a repair by the 6 month mark when things look this awry. Has Dr. Sethi spoken with you? I sincerely believe you ought to receive a refund for this poor job. A repair using more precious beard grafts seems like it would be a waste, imo and I don’t blame you for preferring to not have done the surgery. 

I really hope that given the lack of quality around the outcome that Eugenix does the right thing. At the very least they owe you an explanation.

Please keep us updated. 

I asked then before the surgery what would the density would be and they said around 35 cm2.   But this doesn’t even look like it.  

I haven’t heard of Dr Sethi today , he did mention 2 weeks ago that he will be coming to Washington DC area which where I live in February .  So, hopefully I can meet him and we can find a solution. 

33 minutes ago, Tony711 said:

I asked then before the surgery what would the density would be and they said around 35 cm2.   But this doesn’t even look like it.  

I haven’t heard of Dr Sethi today , he did mention 2 weeks ago that he will be coming to Washington DC area which where I live in February .  So, hopefully I can meet him and we can find a solution. 

As a first course of action, I’d highly recommend that you tell your patient coordinator about your case (point them here if needed) and request an ASAP consult with Dr. Sethi over Zoom. It’ll be much more fruitful if he has background of your case and understands the severity of your situation before seeing you in person. 

I don’t think there’s a point of waiting until the 12 month mark given where you are now. It’s hardly 2 cm2 from what I can see, let alone 35. 

Given the recent increase in prices from doctors worldwide, it’s crucial for patients to know how elite doctors respond to their poor cases. Do they leave patients hanging? Do they offer repairs? Refunds if it’s cases like this?

Thanks for sharing your experience. Look forward to hearing how Eugenix responds. 

• Like 4

4 hours ago, Tony711 said:

I’m starting to have doubts that I should never gotten this done and have my head shaved. 

I echo this, although it's rather easy to say that in hindsight. Very sorry to see that it hasn't worked out for you. Several members had already expressed doubts about your candidacy in your original thread.

It's understandable when us patients get excited about the possibility of having a head full of hair and jump the gun, but I fail to understand why your doctors didn't educate you about what to expect. You should've been given an objective assessment and advised against a procedure. BHT/beard grafts can never fully replace the illusory quality of your scalp hair. I don't think you had enough in the bank in the first place. A good scalp to BHT ratio would be somewhere around 75:25. Plus, extracting from the beard is a huge trade off as it alters your facial appearance permanently. Some men would dread not being able to grow a beard. It's a double whammy later on if the HT doesn't pay off.

I personally don't feel that you were a good candidate, and at 50, you should've simply saved yourself from having to go through this roller coaster ride.

Edited by Captain Haddock
  • Like 7
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, Z-- said:

As a first course of action, I’d highly recommend that you tell your patient coordinator about your case (point them here if needed) and request an ASAP consult with Dr. Sethi over Zoom. It’ll be much more fruitful if he has background of your case and understands the severity of your situation before seeing you in person. 

I don’t think there’s a point of waiting until the 12 month mark given where you are now. It’s hardly 2 cm2 from what I can see, let alone 35. 

Given the recent increase in prices from doctors worldwide, it’s crucial for patients to know how elite doctors respond to their poor cases. Do they leave patients hanging? Do they offer repairs? Refunds if it’s cases like this?

Thanks for sharing your experience. Look forward to hearing how Eugenix responds. 

Dr Sethi contacted me via WhatsApp, will have a meeting with him tonight. He said not to worry. 

10 minutes ago, Captain Haddock said:

I echo this, although it's rather easy to say that in hindsight. Very sorry to see that it hasn't worked out for you. Several members had already expressed doubts about your candidacy in your original thread.

It's understandable when us patients get excited about the possibility of having a head full of hair and jump the gun, but I fail to understand why your doctors didn't educate you about what to expect. You should've been given an objective assessment and advised against a procedure. BHT/beard grafts can never fully replace the illusory quality of your scalp hair. I don't think you had enough in the bank in the first place. A good scalp to BHT ratio would be somewhere around 75:25. Plus, extracting from the beard is a huge trade off as it alters your facial appearance permanently. Some men would dread not being able to grow a beard. It's a double whammy later on if the HT doesn't pay off.

I personally don't feel that you were a good candidate, and at 50, you should've simply saved yourself from having to go through this roller coaster ride.

When I had the consultation, they told me I can get good coverage and when Dr Sethi saw me he said the same.  I figured he has the experience so I went with it relying on what he said.   

I just want to reach out and say I’m sorry you’re dealing with this. I know the emotional struggle getting prepared for surgery is, and how difficult it is to wait for the result (or lack thereof) to come in.

I do hope Dr. Sethi can figure out what’s going on here, and whether this was a failure on their end or if something is going on with you (which caused the grafts to fail, or hopefully, just delayed the grafts in growing).

Try to stay strong and please keep us updated on how your meeting with Dr. Sethi goes.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Parasol said:

I just want to reach out and say I’m sorry you’re dealing with this. I know the emotional struggle getting prepared for surgery is, and how difficult it is to wait for the result (or lack thereof) to come in.

I do hope Dr. Sethi can figure out what’s going on here, and whether this was a failure on their end or if something is going on with you (which caused the grafts to fail, or hopefully, just delayed the grafts in growing).

Try to stay strong and please keep us updated on how your meeting with Dr. Sethi goes.

Thank you.  🙏.   Will keep everyone updated.   

• Like 1

Hello,

Dr Sethi got back to me this morning , he agreed nothing much has improved since last time.  He said to give him time, so he can research it and get back to me. 

Meanwhile, I will post the monthly updates. 

• Like 3