3001 FUE grafts with Dr Sethi from Eugenix. March 1st to March 3rd.

I kind of agree. However, another way of saying that was the clinic didn't deliver on the expectation they set or the dream they sold in exchange for a very substantial sum of money.

The OP trusted the experts with his appearance and his money. I believe they should rebalance by fixing one or the other.

• Like 2

Having read through this thread and the various opinions presented (some fair to Dr Sethi and some less fair, imo), I guess I'll toss mine on the fire.

I have no doubt that Dr. Sethi believed he could accomplish what he said he could accomplish. And none of us knows yet why things turned out the way they did. It might have nothing to do with Dr Sethi and his work. It might be biological. We. Don't. Know. I can't help but roll my eyes when I read guys say things like, "I could have told you at a glance that your case was hopeless." Is that based on their years of surgical training and experience? 🙄 I think it's likely that, had @Gatsby and @Zoomstergotten a bad result, they would have told them that their cases were obviously hopeless and Dr. Sethi was wrong to try to help them. But, since Dr. Sethi gave them near miraculous results... 🤷‍♂️

Now, having spoken in Dr Sethi's defense, I have to add that I think it's likely that Eugenix has hurt themselves, not because of Tony's results, but because of how they responded to him. Part of Eugenix's excellent reputation is built on their skill, but part of it also rests on their often-praised customer service. Story after story after story here in the forum recounts how wonderful the Eugenix team is at taking care of those who have put their trust in them. It is a huge selling point. I think every prospective patient has, somewhere in the back of his mind, the question, "What if something goes seriously wrong?" The last message any service business wants to send is "If something goes wrong, we will treat you as a lower priority than we treat those patients who haven't had their procedures yet." That would be a terrible message - but, based on Tony's account of events (which Eugenix characterizes differently, but doesn't really dispute), that is the message that is being sent, imo. I would be willing to bet that some people who planned to go to Eugenix have put their plans on hold because of the Eugenix response to Tony's case. Again, not because of his result (which, again, we don't understand yet), but because the response seems almost indifferent or unconcerned. I'll even admit that, though I am genuinely confident that everything will go great with my Eugenix procedure, I have a little more hesitation now than I did. Enough that even I started to consider Dr. Pittella. I'm not to the point of abandoning my Eugenix plans yet, but the thought has occurred to me...and Brazil is a lot closer than India. But, for now, I still prefer Eugenix. (After reading this, we'll see if they still prefer me! 😅)

Having offended both sides now, I am going to raise my shields and await the incoming photon torpedoes! 😄

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Odysseus said:

Having read through this thread and the various opinions presented (some fair to Dr Sethi and some less fair, imo), I guess I'll toss mine on the fire.

I have no doubt that Dr. Sethi believed he could accomplish what he said he could accomplish. And none of us knows yet why things turned out the way they did. It might have nothing to do with Dr Sethi and his work. It might be biological. We. Don't. Know. I can't help but roll my eyes when I read guys say things like, "I could have told you at a glance that your case was hopeless." Is that based on their years of surgical training and experience? 🙄 I think it's likely that, had @Gatsby and @Zoomstergotten a bad result, they would have told them that their cases were obviously hopeless and Dr. Sethi was wrong to try to help them. But, since Dr. Sethi gave them near miraculous results... 🤷‍♂️

Now, having spoken in Dr Sethi's defense, I have to add that I think it's likely that Eugenix has hurt themselves, not because of Tony's results, but because of how they responded to him. Part of Eugenix's excellent reputation is built on their skill, but part of it also rests on their often-praised customer service. Story after story after story here in the forum recounts how wonderful the Eugenix team is at taking care of those who have put their trust in them. It is a huge selling point. I think every prospective patient has, somewhere in the back of his mind, the question, "What if something goes seriously wrong?" The last message any service business wants to send is "If something goes wrong, we will treat you as a lower priority than we treat those patients who haven't had their procedures yet." That would be a terrible message - but, based on Tony's account of events (which Eugenix characterizes differently, but doesn't really dispute), that is the message that is being sent, imo. I would be willing to bet that some people who planned to go to Eugenix have put their plans on hold because of the Eugenix response to Tony's case. Again, not because of his result (which, again, we don't understand yet), but because the response seems almost indifferent or unconcerned. I'll even admit that, though I am genuinely confident that everything will go great with my Eugenix procedure, I have a little more hesitation now than I did. Enough that even I started to consider Dr. Pittella. I'm not to the point of abandoning my Eugenix plans yet, but the thought has occurred to me...and Brazil is a lot closer than India. But, for now, I still prefer Eugenix. (After reading this, we'll see if they still prefer me! 😅)

Having offended both sides now, I am going to raise my shields and await the incoming photon torpedoes! 😄

All I can say is I wish I went with Dr Pittella in the first place. But the past is the past.  

Edited by Tony711
  • Sad 1

How many times do I have to repeat that the sign of an ethical doctor is how they treat their failed patients...? It doesn't matter how well @Eugenix Hair Sciences handled Gatsby's or Melvin's cases or any of their other great results. All that means is that Sethi is competent / skilled surgeon.

BUT the point is that he's clearly not an ethical one. Just like Mwamba, Dr. D (certain Bay Area), ASMED and others, greed got the better of him.

This isn't even a grey area case, where the patient has unreasonable expectations or desiring a miracle. Anyone with eyes can see it's just unbelievable poor for $25,000.

Edited by Z--
  • Like 4

17 hours ago, Odysseus said:

I can't help but roll my eyes when I read guys say things like, "I could have told you at a glance that your case was hopeless." Is that based on their years of surgical training and experience? 

You don't have to be a HT surgeon to recognize very basic facts about the process. If you understand even the bare minimum about hair transplants, it's easy to see OP was not only not a "good candidate" but he was in fact not a candidate at all. How Eugenix accepted him as a patient is truly beyond me. 

17 hours ago, Odysseus said:

Story after story after story here in the forum recounts how wonderful the Eugenix team is at taking care of those who have put their trust in them. It is a huge selling point. 

Lol

Edited by GoliGoliGoli

It would be interesting to know what Dr. Pittella has to say about this case. That is, A) what he would have done differently (if anything)—although in retrospective we all would have better ideas. B) what can be done now and what result can be expected.

Edited by YodaHead

12.5k grafts with Dr. Felipe Pitella in Jan 2024.

Link to my journey:

https://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/topic/71724-12501-grafts-dr-felipe-pittella-jan-2024/

On 8/7/2023 at 11:36 AM, GoliGoliGoli said:

You don't have to be a HT surgeon to recognize very basic facts about the process. If you understand even the bare minimum about hair transplants, it's easy to see OP was not only not a "good candidate" but he was in fact not a candidate at all. How Eugenix accepted him as a patient is truly beyond me. 

Lol

😄 🤦‍♂️

• 3 months later...