Barber Surgeon’s Guild? (Dr. Mariotti)

Jake77

Hey group thanks for the add!

I was wondering if anyone has ever had experience with the Barber’s Surgeons Guild they have an office that is located in New York City as well as one in LA.

i’m a sucker for an easy sale… And I signed up on the spot, without doing any background checks, or searching any reviews before I signed up and left a deposit. My procedure for Artis… Some kind of robot transplant thing… Is in two weeks! Suffice it to say I’ve subsequently searched for reviews information on this hair transplant doctor… And can’t really find anything.

i’m not sure if anyone’s ever heard of it or seen this sort of concept but it’s pretty cool and I was quite intrigued by the nostalgia of an old Barbershop paired with hair transplant procedure clinic… It just seemed comforting and welcoming and less clinical… And I kind of instinctively trusted them. I still trust them. But I’m still not able to find someone that has had the experience with either Dr. Moretti or the Barbara surgeon guile… thank you for any help or any advice. I plan to keep you posted with before and after’s!

image.jpg

• Haha 1
  • Sad 4

Immediately cancel this right now and ask for your deposit back. If they refuse just accept the loss. 

I'm actually not 100% sure this is a serious post. It sounds like what a well-educated troll would write. Everything you wrote is basically Rules 101 of what NOT to do in selecting a clinic and getting ready for a hair transplant. 

If this is real-life and you are a real person, this will likely end in a disaster. 

Edited by SadMan2021
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

These are the guys/clinic (the LA branch) who did that Zac from 'the try guys' on YouTube- his result is shit and their whole set up is an absolute nightmare for anyone who actually knows anything about hair transplants.

Firstly, this is clinical and is a surgery, you should actually want it to feel that way with all the proper medical protocols in place and for it to be treated and taken as such by the Dr and his clinic. From what I saw in Zacs YouTube video (he documented it all on their channel), they do haircuts, whatever sort of salon treatments, SMP and hair transplants.... this is a huge no-no. Hair cuts/a barbers and hair transplants should not be marketed in the same sort of offering or even really be in the same sentence. It's bizarre and a huge red flag.

Secondly, and most importantly, they use and rely on the ARTAS machine for surgery and hype it up in said video as this ultra precise, modern piece of kit that is top of the line and will essentially ensure a good result blah blah blah. If I recall correctly they even made some ridiculous claims about there being no scarring etc due to their use of it. To fill you in quickly, ARTAS is pretty much awful and 99 percent of surgeons who use it are also going to be awful. Using it is perhaps the biggest red flag of any HT clinic in my eyes, it's an instant no and I would never ever consider a clinic who used it let alone marketed it as this great product. Every world class doctor in the world uses their hands and a punch to extract grafts, ARTAS is massively looked down upon by these surgeons and anyone knowledgeable about HT's. It's crap and a uses huge punch.

Beyond all of that... they are not known or respected, have no patient posted cases online and I can't express how much you shouldn't go to them.

Trust me, cancel it right away and count yourself lucky. I don't care if your deposit was thousands of dollars, take the L and be forever grateful that you posted this question before going ahead with this surgery. 

If you tell us your budget and willingness to travel, we can give you a list of great surgeons who are a safe bet and very likely to give you good results. 

• Like 8

• Administrators

The place that did the try guys hair transplant? Going to a barbershop to get a hair transplant bad, bad, BAD idea. For one, the artas is often used by surgeons who are inept at FUE, not always but generally. You need to do some serious research. Cancel the surgery and use our forum to research.

• Like 4

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

• Administrators
1 hour ago, Jake77 said:

Is there a reason why this doctor is in not searchable? 

If that is the case it is a HUGE red flag!

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

View my thread

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

I wouldn’t let these guys cut my hair, let alone set the ARTAS machine loose on my head. Sweeney Todd springs to mind…

Save your scalp and cancel right now, don’t look back. Even some of the decent Drs/Clinics struggled with using the ARTAS.. phased out in most places. 

• Like 3

6 hours ago, Jake77 said:

i’m not sure if anyone’s ever heard of it or seen this sort of concept but it’s pretty cool and I was quite intrigued by the nostalgia of an old Barbershop paired with hair transplant procedure clinic… It just seemed comforting and welcoming and less clinical… 

What did I just read!! 😳😳

If this is a genuine question being asked and not another troll post, I seriously hope you are diligent enough to take in the sage advice that the rest of the guys here have given. But seeing this post raises doubts in my mind. Nevertheless, we can at best plead you to listen to us and start doing extensive research about HTs asap. We have nothing in it for us. We are just trying to save you from the disaster that's likely gonna happen if you continue on your way!

• Like 3

Without the need to reiterate what others have already said , 

I will add that going off the picture you posted, you are displaying to be at a very advanced case, therefore require a competent and reputable surgeon to get you anywhere near an acceptable level. 

Lucky for you, you posted and found the forum - as there is heaps and heaps of good information from users, doctors and clinics to help guide you in a more suitable direction. 

If you can afford LA prices, (I’m assuming they’re above the average price of the global market) then you can find a MUCH better surgeon for your case, and probably still walk away with change. 

Cancel immediately. As others have already mentioned this is an awful idea. How in the world would you want your hair restoration procedure to feel like a barbershop and less clinical? This is surgery and you need to reevaluate your approach and research this site. 

• Like 1

Bosley 11-2016 FUE - 1,407 grafts

Dr. Diep 09-2017 FUE - 2,024 grafts

Dr. Konior 03-2020 FUE - 2,076 grafts

Dr. Konior 09-2021 FUE - 697 scalp to scalp, FUE - 716 beard to beard Total scalp FUE - 6,204 grafts 

Hey thanks for all the replies. And no, I’m not a troll. I’m just impulsive and not as type A as I should be. 

What is the best procedure for my case if the Artas is outdated and is there a good place someone can recommend in NY? Or the east coast? 

I guess I’ll be losing out on my deposit. 

• Like 1

• Administrators
51 minutes ago, Jake77 said:

Hey thanks for all the replies. And no, I’m not a troll. I’m just impulsive and not as type A as I should be. 

What is the best procedure for my case if the Artas is outdated and is there a good place someone can recommend in NY? Or the east coast? 

Better to lose a deposit than lose those precious grafts. Check out True and Dorin, Dr. Wesley, both are excellent FUE choices. Dr. Mwamba is one of the best, he’s practicing out of New Jersey. Visit FUEclinic.com for more info. 

View my thread

9 hours ago, Jake77 said:

No refundable deposit ? 🤔 Did you happen to pay by credit card ? But yeh better losing it than messing up your scalp 🤛

• Like 1

If you want the best Dr for your money, I'd look at traveling. I'm sure someone can recommend a Dr on the east coast but they are likely quite expensive compared to top European Dr's. 

How much was your deposit? Better to lose this money than proceed anyways.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, JoeMan said:

If you want the best Dr for your money, I'd look at traveling. I'm sure someone can recommend a Dr on the east coast but they are likely quite expensive compared to top European Dr's. 

How much was your deposit? Better to lose this money than proceed anyways.

Very true. If someone can consider travelling then it’s going to give them so many more decent/elite options. I get the idea of staying relatively local, but it really does restrict you.  
Considering we have much less than a 100 (maybe even 50) decent/reliable options worldwide then it pays to look at travelling ! 

Edited by JC71

The first question you need to answer is:

- Am I a candidate at all

- Then which procedure is the right one (FUE or FUT). Hint: ARTAS is always wrong.

- Then learn which clinics have great results in cases like yours

- Finally, select the clinic which you like most and can afford from this group

• Like 1

I would also add to what was said above, that getting many consultations is also wise. Most are free and you can get a better sense of which Dr's you like. 

Just about every top Dr has a rather long waiting list so keep this in mind so take your time moving forward.