Caucasian - 4613 Grafts - Eugenix, Dr. Arika Bansal

rob7331

• Valued Contributor

The issues aside Rob, this is a brilliant looking result so far! Once those beard grafts finally pop through it'll be even stronger!

My hair can get quite frizzy too. I find adding a little moisture helps; some argon oil based products or some leave-in conditioner; any product really that will add a little moisture seems to help things along really well. I also had (and mostly still have!) little clue about hair styling! 😆

Appreciate it @Berba11 and thank you everyone else for the comments, it means a lot. I've let Eugenix know about the beard grafts not growing and sent them some closeups for evaluation.

If anyone is morbidly curious here are some closeups of the beard grafts in my crown/mid scalp (camera phones sure have come a long way). I circled one because they're hard to see, but I can feel them when I run my hands along my scalp.

Side note, it's very interesting seeing the colour contrast between native and transplanted hair.

IMG_7980.JPG

IMG_7977.JPG

Edited by rob7331

Follow my second hair transplant journey below

• 1 month later...

Hi everyone, thought I'd cap off this journey with a 10.5 months update.

My hair is the longest it's been in years and I'm loving it. The frizz is completely out of control but as someone who was nearly slick bald in the front it's a beautiful problem to have. I thought I'd attach some pictures from 4 years ago so people can see where I started.

Taking @Berba11 and other poster's advice I've also begun experimenting with hair product. I think it looks way better (pic 7) - I've never been able to use product so that's fun for me. For consistency with prior updates, the first six photos are the usual dry hair with no product (and lots of frizz).

Overall I'd rate my second transplant as very successful. While I'll almost definitely get a final transplant to fill in some density spots and finish off the crown, my quality of life has improved greatly, almost comically in some ways; I feel more confident, women are noticeably more interested and my friends that knew me from before the transplants all look at me like some magical transformation has happened but they don't know what it was. I find this very funny.

The beard grafts continue to not grow but it's irrelevant to me. I'll have them removed and replaced during my third surgery, likely in 2024. I haven't decided what clinic that will be at yet.

Big thanks to HRN, Eugenix, and all the forum members who supported me on this journey.

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

6.jpg

7.JPG

14362710_10154351321721233_5201075437137053598_o.jpg

14409521_10154351313591233_4883146978079219350_o.jpg

Edited by rob7331
  • Like 3

• Administrators

Wow absolutely incredible, you were blessed by the thick hair gods. The density looks fantastic, and I think the before and after says it all. 
036CC6C9-CE5D-42E4-9143-9E63957A17F8.jpeg

• Like 2

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

Thanks all, I appreciate your comments!  So very much is owed to HRN for all the information I've picked up here.

On a humorous note, my old barber lost his mind when I finally saw him again and he looked at all the hair. He was completely stunned to find out it was mostly transplanted and wanted to know everything 😂 I've become a bit of an ambassador for my close male friends that experience hair loss.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

• Administrators
12 hours ago, rob7331 said:

Thanks all, I appreciate your comments!  So very much is owed to HRN for all the information I've picked up here.

On a humorous note, my old barber lost his mind when I finally saw him again and he looked at all the hair. He was completely stunned to find out it was mostly transplanted and wanted to know everything 😂 I've become a bit of an ambassador for my close male friends that experience hair loss.

Isn’t that such a good feeling, your barber was probably like 

image.gif

• Haha 1

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

• 2 months later...

Month 13 - final update.

Rolled out of bed today and snapped a few pics. This is the final result and I'm positively chuffed. Looking forward to getting a third and final transplant to finish off the crown and add density in places, but I think about my hair 90% less than I used to. Feels good.

Cheers.

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

6.jpg

• Like 3

You look great @rob7331! Awesome decision to make your way back to Eugenix, as the added density will go a long way in further coverage of the weak spots and also enhance the density throughout. I'm only 4 months in from my 2nd procedure, but already feeling the balance across the whole scalp and weak areas that had transparency are disappearing magically by the day. I'd also say, since you have wavy hair like me, I'm starting to see how manageable my hair is now that it has weight and volume to it. Again, I'm only 4 months in, but just a little of that progress has made a huge difference in how I can cut, and style my hair daily.  

Are you looking to enhance any areas like hairline or temple points?

Congrats bro!

Follow my Journey with Eugenix and Dr Arika Bansal!

• Like 1

Thanks @MazAB!  I hadn't considered touching the temples again as my wavy hair tends to cover them, but they probably would look better brought in a little more. I'll be curious what the surgeon thinks when I select a clinic for transplant number 3. I'm happy going back to Eugenix but am entertaining all options.

I know I want to stick another ~2000 in the crown then sprinkle ~1000 in various places around and behind the hairline. I also need to get the ~170 beard grafts removed and replaced with hair follicles as they didn't grow.

I love the hairline height so likely wouldn't have it lowered, just reinforced. I think that will prove wise especially as I age.

One concern is I'll have to clearly convey to whomever does my next HT not to use any donor above my ears. It's especially thin there in a few spots.