Best Hair Loss Drug Without Sexual Side Effects

Goblin82

Hi,

As per the title what are my options? I appreciate sexual sides are fairly uncommon but my anxiety will ensure it happens.

I've just had a HT and 40 so want to take something to try and protect my native hair. I understand whatever I take it won't be as effective as oral finasteride.

Cheers

3 minutes ago, Goblin82 said:

Hi,

As per the title what are my options? I appreciate sexual sides are fairly uncommon but my anxiety will ensure it happens.

I've just had a HT and 40 so want to take something to try and protect my native hair. I understand whatever I take it won't be as effective as oral finasteride.

Cheers

Topical fin could be a option. Lower side effect profile than the tablets. 

11 minutes ago, Goblin82 said:

Hi,

Cheers

topical breezula if you can get it would probs be best

Which anxiety of yours is greater? Indefinitely losing more hair or facing the 'risk' (<3%) of sexual side affects. In an ideal world everyone would target this problem at the scalp and we'd all leave our hormones alone. Unfortunately with our current options, finasteride is going closer to the core of the problem then other things. All this being said, I think if you care enough for the success of your HT and the longevity of your hair, you should consider a long term plan where you titrate finasteride slowly so that you could see for yourself how it works for you. As someone above mentioned, even topical finasteride is a good starter to get over that fear. 

Otherwise your options are some topical anti androgens. On the safer side are CB-03-01 and Fluridil as they are released to some degree. RU58841 is an option, but it is not an approved substance. 

• Like 5

Thank you for all the quick replies.

I don't think topical breezula is available yet, well according to a quick Google.

Well I've made it to 40 and my second HT without taking oral finasteride so I can't see myself starting but appreciate it is the best option.

What are the percentages of sexual sides with topical finasteride? I was looking at topical minoxidl (5%) and finasteride (0.1%) combined but not much info on the side effects

Cheers

6 hours ago, Goblin82 said:

Thank you for all the quick replies.

I don't think topical breezula is available yet, well according to a quick Google.

Well I've made it to 40 and my second HT without taking oral finasteride so I can't see myself starting but appreciate it is the best option.

What are the percentages of sexual sides with topical finasteride? I was looking at topical minoxidl (5%) and finasteride (0.1%) combined but not much info on the side effects

Cheers

Topical Finasteride is working well for many patients. Whether its efficacy is the same, or lesser than oral Finasteride is not known 

This is just an assumption that side effects are lesser or non-existent but the lack of studies about its possible side effects no clinics or Doc can guarantee 100% successful outcomes. 

There are some Challenges with gel:

This is not FDA-approved as per my limited knowledge. 
Not available everywhere. 
 It is difficult to use as its topical application  ( My personal experience). 

It may cause Itching on your scalp. 

Topical minoxidil won't stop the ongoing progression and efficacy is less than oral or topical finasteride. 

I am on Oral finasteride 1mg from last 2.5 years and it worked well for me post my HT

If you take some time to research the male endocrine system, learn a bit about hormones and the balance of androgens, the role they play, and how the body functions in general - then I believe this all becomes a lot less daunting - eg You will realise that it’s not the case that finasteride itself is a pill that will cause all the ‘potential’ side effects, rather, what bodily changes ‘could’ incur side effects. 

I also think from a psychological stand point, topical administration would also ease a lot of anxiety. 

Then - it ultimately comes down to the cost benefit ratio between hair loss anxiety vs potential side effect anxiety. 

Thank you 

Yes I think topical is definitely less daunting to take. 

As long as it's not greasy, I think it wouldn't be an issue to do twice a day. 

I will have a look into topical finasteride alone or a combination with minoxidl 

Also I had one PRP session transplant and surgeon recommend more courses back in the UK. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Goblin82 said:

Thank you 

Yes I think topical is definitely less daunting to take. 

As long as it's not greasy, I think it wouldn't be an issue to do twice a day. 

I will have a look into topical finasteride alone or a combination with minoxidl 

Also I had one PRP session transplant and surgeon recommend more courses back in the UK. 

PRP may or may not help with initial graft growth after a hair transplant. But extra sessions won’t do anything for the longer term. Besides not many Clinics actually are recommending it in this way. Here in the Uk it’s often used as a money grab. 

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Goblin82 said:

Yeah was shocked at the price's here for sessions!!

Save your ££££ 👍🏽 We are not blessed with the world elite Drs here, and have more than our fair share of shady ones. 

Edited by JC71
  • Like 1

14 minutes ago, Osakakev said:

I'm glad to hear but it's the possible side effects from fin that scare me! Not sure about dut tho, will have a look into it 

I truly believe the vast majority of guys with ED issues with Fin/Dut would have ED issues without these meds as well. 

Most guys start taking anti-hairloss drugs in their late 20's/early 30's, which coincidentally is when ED can naturally strike. 

It's up to you tho. Are you willing to lose more hair based on the accusations of 1% of guys who take these meds?

Edited by SadMan2021
  • Like 1

Many credible doctors would say oral minoxidil is he next best line of defence. Make sure you speak to a doctor who's got experience with this though.

Quick note on Topical finasteride. There's no gold standard for this. Different concentrations/vehicles etc.

Many of them still have systemic absorption due to the vehicle being too penetrating or the concentration being too high. Dr Hasson's formula is the only version I've seen becoming more widely accessible that's specially made to reduce systemic absorption to a minuscule degree. 

I can totally appreciate the anxiety around this. I got side effects but I also have anxiety. What is what may never know. 

Regardless, judgemental comments never help haha

Thank you, appreciate the reply.

Sounds interesting, I assume I just email Hasson and Wong? Can't see it being for sale on their website.

I was also looking at Dr Mwbamba topical dut which is apparently too large to be absorbed... I emailed them but all I received is a paylink to a pharmacy in Andorra...

They don't are expected but are expected haha 

4 hours ago, Osakakev said:

Sounds interesting, I assume I just email Hasson and Wong? Can't see it being for sale on their website.

I was also looking at Dr Mwbamba topical dut which is apparently too large to be absorbed... I emailed them but all I received is a paylink to a pharmacy in Andorra...

I'm interested, didn't see any links in the website neither.

let me know if you get an answer from the doctors.

It is a personal decision and I can fully understand you do not want to take Finansteride. Oral minox is next in line (that is not a DHT blocker but sides can be quite serious also). Other than that, PRP from a quality provider is an option.  

On 2/11/2022 at 11:55 PM, TorontoMan said:

Which anxiety of yours is greater? Indefinitely losing more hair or facing the 'risk' (<3%) of sexual side affects. In an ideal world everyone would target this problem at the scalp and we'd all leave our hormones alone. Unfortunately with our current options, finasteride is going closer to the core of the problem then other things. All this being said, I think if you care enough for the success of your HT and the longevity of your hair, you should consider a long term plan where you titrate finasteride slowly so that you could see for yourself how it works for you. As someone above mentioned, even topical finasteride is a good starter to get over that fear. 

Otherwise your options are some topical anti androgens. On the safer side are CB-03-01 and Fluridil as they are released to some degree. RU58841 is an option, but it is not an approved substance. 

I would say not everyone needs Finansteride though. I mean if one only has mild hair loss, there are lighter forms of treatment to consider IMO. There is still real a risk of sides and loss of efficiency in the long term with Fin IMO.  

I am considering oral minoxidl as the side effects don't scare me as much. The idea of using the foam/liquid twice a day sounds like a pain).

Surgeon did recommend further courses of PRP but finding sensible prices locally is hard (I'm in the North West)

Cheers

17 hours ago, Osakakev said:

I am considering oral minoxidl as the side effects don't scare me as much. The idea of using the foam/liquid twice a day sounds like a pain).

Surgeon did recommend further courses of PRP but finding sensible prices locally is hard (I'm in the North West)

Cheers

The the oral minox is definitely worth trying

On 2/16/2022 at 12:15 AM, Osakakev said:

H&W Topical fin is got through xyonhealth.com

• 3 weeks later...

That's a great video about finasteride side effects percentage by dr Arika , you can consider it as a great  metanalysis for studies discussing fin side effects 

On 2/11/2022 at 9:31 PM, Abhinay said:

Topical Finasteride is working well for many patients. Whether its efficacy is the same, or lesser than oral Finasteride is not known 

This is just an assumption that side effects are lesser or non-existent but the lack of studies about its possible side effects no clinics or Doc can guarantee 100% successful outcomes. 

There are some Challenges with gel:

This is not FDA-approved as per my limited knowledge. 
Not available everywhere. 
 It is difficult to use as its topical application  ( My personal experience). 

It may cause Itching on your scalp. 

Topical minoxidil won't stop the ongoing progression and efficacy is less than oral or topical finasteride. 

I am on Oral finasteride 1mg from last 2.5 years and it worked well for me post my HT

Hi, What did you mean when you said 1mg of fin worked well for you post hair transplant? I thought fin only impacts native hairs and not transplant hairs?

• 5 months later...