2710 grafts for Norwood 3 @ Eugenix Gurgaon , India 21st Jan 2022

• 3 weeks later...
44 minutes ago, Ryan Daniel said:

Hairline is perfectly soft and natural. 

Agreed, same with the temple points. Incredibly natural and huge progress overall at 4 months. Bye bye Ugly Duck!😉

2 hours ago, No_time_to_dye said:

Completed 4 months day before yesterday.

The old temple area is seeing some slow growth. But I guess it's too early to talk about density.

Continuing the Fin 1mg EOD. 

Picsart_22-05-23_12-08-14-185.thumb.jpg.d1e77e7765091e3b6b351ad0b4a3df95.jpg

Slow and steady wins the race! 

Looking very natural for 4 months and the next two months of growth should see another visible difference fingers crossed for you.

14 hours ago, No_time_to_dye said:

Completed 4 months day before yesterday.

The old temple area is seeing some slow growth. But I guess it's too early to talk about density.

Continuing the Fin 1mg EOD. 

Picsart_22-05-23_12-08-14-185.thumb.jpg.d1e77e7765091e3b6b351ad0b4a3df95.jpg

Thabk you for the update. It ls looking absolutely amazing for 4 months. Usually the hair just stops shedding by the 4th to 6th month.

• 1 month later...

Completed 5 months on the 21st June

My thoughts so far: To be honest, I'm a bit disappointed with the results so far. I guess I'm comparing my journey to awesome & quick turnaround transformations I have witnessed here. But I guess, everyone's hair growth journey is a bit different. Having said that, I'm still very hopeful as I have not even reached the half year mark. Fingers crossed for the upcoming months.

Front Right & Left side: This is what's concerning me the most. As can be seen from the pictures, the density is very less and looks like it's taking a lot of time to fill the sides up. It looks very weird and looks almost like a bald patch. After consulting Eugenix, I have been using hair fibers when I go out or have been using my good ol' beret to hide this area. Seems to me that the hair that shed during the shedding phase are refusing to come back. 

Hairline: I'm super happy with the hairline. Looks so smooth and natural. I attended a few family functions and no one was able to figure out that I have had a procedure done. (A little bit of hair fiber helped too). I think it will grow more dense and give a more natural look at the 12 month mark. All credit to Eugenix for the hairline & temple points.

Finasteride: As you all know, my mid scalp & crown has also started thinning but we (the clinic & I) decided to tackle that problem with Finasteride and get the procedure done only on the front scalp. I have been taking Oral Fin 1 mg EOD since Oct 2021 religiously but I guess I'm not seeing any major changes in the density. After giving it a lot of thought, I'm planning to switch to a daily 1mg tablet regimen. A bit nervous, but I would definitely like to give it a try.

Supplements: Multivitamins tabs with Biotin, Fish oil tabs & Oral Collagen with Hyaluronic acid (on & off)

Lifestyle changes: I have been eating clean and just started lifting weights. I have joined a Cross-fit box and I'm absolutely enjoying the workouts. My protein intake is 1gms per kilogram of my body weight on most days. My body is getting used to this change slowly. I also make it a point to run a 5k at least twice a week. Doing pretty good on this aspect I would say. A healthy body & a healthy mind is super important.

Front.thumb.jpg.5c38f854371aa87755be3bb842c54e89.jpg

Left.thumb.jpg.97edc5bcb2a14d0fad211804ee464aec.jpgRight.thumb.jpg.3a54578366c9fdb51bc561e39961b5b7.jpgTop.thumb.jpg.c5084433d277d2495337bdd363e7dbd4.jpg

• Like 3

• Valued Contributor

Lots more growth happening and have a look at your month five results to even a month ago! Yes we can be our own worst critics. Remember it can take up to two years to see the full benefits of finasteride. The best months are ahead of you and compared to other clinics your growth is ahead of the pack! Thanks for sharing! 👌

12 minutes ago, No_time_to_dye said:

Completed 5 months on the 21st June

My thoughts so far: To be honest, I'm a bit disappointed with the results so far. I guess I'm comparing my journey to awesome & quick turnaround transformations I have witnessed here. But I guess, everyone's hair growth journey is a bit different. Having said that, I'm still very hopeful as I have not even reached the half year mark. Fingers crossed for the upcoming months.

Front Right & Left side: This is what's concerning me the most. As can be seen from the pictures, the density is very less and looks like it's taking a lot of time to fill the sides up. It looks very weird and looks almost like a bald patch. After consulting Eugenix, I have been using hair fibers when I go out or have been using my good ol' beret to hide this area. Seems to me that the hair that shed during the shedding phase are refusing to come back. 

Hairline: I'm super happy with the hairline. Looks so smooth and natural. I attended a few family functions and no one was able to figure out that I have had a procedure done. (A little bit of hair fiber helped too). I think it will grow more dense and give a more natural look at the 12 month mark. All credit to Eugenix for the hairline & temple points.

Finasteride: As you all know, my mid scalp & crown has also started thinning but we (the clinic & I) decided to tackle that problem with Finasteride and get the procedure done only on the front scalp. I have been taking Oral Fin 1 mg EOD since Oct 2021 religiously but I guess I'm not seeing any major changes in the density. After giving it a lot of thought, I'm planning to switch to a daily 1mg tablet regimen. A bit nervous, but I would definitely like to give it a try.

Supplements: Multivitamins tabs with Biotin, Fish oil tabs & Oral Collagen with Hyaluronic acid (on & off)

Lifestyle changes: I have been eating clean and just started lifting weights. I have joined a Cross-fit box and I'm absolutely enjoying the workouts. My protein intake is 1gms per kilogram of my body weight on most days. My body is getting used to this change slowly. I also make it a point to run a 5k at least twice a week. Doing pretty good on this aspect I would say. A healthy body & a healthy mind is super important.

Front.thumb.jpg.5c38f854371aa87755be3bb842c54e89.jpg

Left.thumb.jpg.97edc5bcb2a14d0fad211804ee464aec.jpgRight.thumb.jpg.3a54578366c9fdb51bc561e39961b5b7.jpgTop.thumb.jpg.c5084433d277d2495337bdd363e7dbd4.jpg

The shedding phase lasts from 4 to 6 months. Intact most people start experiencing growth after that. Let's wait for 12 to 18 months for the full results. For now, it is going to grow slow and steady. There is nothing to worry about. 

• Like 2

Slow and steady wins the race. The best sign of great results is even growth which you have. Don't worry about it being on the light side for now. Don't forget you have multi-hair grafts implanted behind the hairline. Each follicle in that graft has it's own anagen growth cycle and so you may see one hair pop out and 4 months later the 2nd hair, 2 months later, 3rd hair, etc...

Don't worry what you have is great and it will get much thicker very soon!

Follow my Journey with Eugenix and Dr Arika Bansal!

• Administrators

Growth is definitely happening 👏🏼

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

FWIW your hair is undeniably better at this point than it was pre surgery and you still are at the half way point.

You have favorable hair characteristics as well with respect to the illusion of density.

Congrats man.

You are still 5 months after the procedure, it will certainly improve, do not compare your transplant with others, not only because each one is different from the others, but above all because many publish photos in dim light or inside environments to receive only positive comments, while your photos are all in the sunlight so in the worst conditions.  Well done

• 1 year later...