Deleted

What is the name of the clinic? Are you taking any medication (topical or oral) to stabilise your hair loss?

Was any reason given for the random sprinkling of grafts over your scalp, behind the main recipient area?

Given the price and the fact that it’s turkey, I would brace yourself for disappointment. The fact that they put what looks like a few dozen grafts scattered throughout your mid scalp and crown is bizarre. The way they also just abruptly stopped at the mid scalp is a bit off too. That said, the density and design look decent. The only issue I could foresee is if they angled the grafts wrong or used multis in the hairline, and maybe how the transplanted area segues into the sides at the temples. 

At this point it’s just a waiting game. In 3-4 months you’ll start to see something and at 6 months you’ll have a good idea of how this will turn out. 

Any pictures of your donor?

• Like 1

Before pictures might help see what sort of situation you were in, but a random sprinkling of hair grafts in the scalp are what baffles me. There's no way they'll be able to offer any significant density in the small amount done and make no sense at all. 

Hope your results go well OP but please name the clinic. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Drish said:

Why would you not care to check the reviews before booking with them? 😶

I would honestly say it's because most people don't do enough research. 

When i watched a video recently and they said how people basically research more for a hoover they're gonna buy than their hair transplant, i was like "Yeah, that sounds about right". 

I genuinely think it's because the marketing and shills for hair mills via influencers and social media is so front and centre these days, sometimes even looking for reviews is hard because Google reviews etc. are full of fake ones. 

• Like 1

-You are 25 and seem to be a NW 4 if not worse. WAY too young to start this journey

-The random sprinkling of grafts in the rest of the scalp implies your doctor does not know what he/she is doing

-there appears to be somewhat small but still visually significant gaps in between the new hairline and mid-scalp. This could be a big issue

-I don't see anything wrong at face value with the new hairline. Density seems to be there and positioned appropriately....

-However, given all the other issues, I really wouldn't be surprised at all if other issues will reveal themselves, such as badly angled grafts, lack of growth, or other weirdness. These issues would require a repair procedure, which is way more drama than operating on virgin scalp alone.

There is literally nothing you can do in the short-term except get more educated on this industry and the procedure itself. By 5-6 months if it becomes obvious you will be unhappy with the end-result, start making consults with elite doctors, and perhaps 1 year from today you can be having a repair surgery....

Edited by SadMan2021
  • Like 1

Rafyht,

i’m not sure who your clinic was but I just went to offer you some input and encouragement. For starters, what’s done is already done. There’s no sense in fretting and stressing over what has already been done. It may turn out just fine. But for some reason it doesn’t, you still have the ability to get repair work done and get things straightened out. So my advice is, don’t stress, just relax, follow your doctors post office instructions, see how everything turns out in a year and then if for some reason things don’t turn out the way you would like, look into other options and other clinics that are highly reputable for a repair procedure.

Best wishes,

Rahal Hair Transplant

• Like 3

Rahal Hair Transplant Institute - Answers to questions, posts or any comments from this account should not be taken or construed as medical advice.    All comments are the personal opinions of the poster.  

Dr. Rahal is a member of the Coalition of Independent of Hair Restoration Physicians.

4 hours ago, EvoXOhio said:

Given the price and the fact that it’s turkey, I would brace yourself for disappointment. The fact that they put what looks like a few dozen grafts scattered throughout your mid scalp and crown is bizarre. The way they also just abruptly stopped at the mid scalp is a bit off too. That said, the density and design look decent. The only issue I could foresee is if they angled the grafts wrong or used multis in the hairline, and maybe how the transplanted area segues into the sides at the temples. 

At this point it’s just a waiting game. In 3-4 months you’ll start to see something and at 6 months you’ll have a good idea of how this will turn out. 

Any pictures of your donor?

They just put a bunch of grafts in a line near the crown which is a bit weird

1 hour ago, Drish said:

Why would you not care to check the reviews before booking with them? 😶

He is not the first, he will be the last that he will unfortunately realize only after going to a Turkish hair mill.

@Rafyht actually one thing you could do right now is email the clinic and demand answers to all these questions. It's not like you have anything to lose and you'd ever go back there again. 

Keep in mind the clinic has zero reason to be honest with you if they are aware they messed up in some way....but couldn't hurt to ask. 

Please tell me you are at least taking Finasteride or Dutasteride?

Edited by SadMan2021

13 hours ago, SadMan2021 said:

-You are 25 and seem to be a NW 4 if not worse. WAY too young to start this journey

-The random sprinkling of grafts in the rest of the scalp implies your doctor does not know what he/she is doing

-there appears to be somewhat small but still visually significant gaps in between the new hairline and mid-scalp. This could be a big issue

-I don't see anything wrong at face value with the new hairline. Density seems to be there and positioned appropriately....

-However, given all the other issues, I really wouldn't be surprised at all if other issues will reveal themselves, such as badly angled grafts, lack of growth, or other weirdness. These issues would require a repair procedure, which is way more drama than operating on virgin scalp alone.

There is literally nothing you can do in the short-term except get more educated on this industry and the procedure itself. By 5-6 months if it becomes obvious you will be unhappy with the end-result, start making consults with elite doctors, and perhaps 1 year from today you can be having a repair surgery....

Thanks for the input. I hope it turns out good. I guess I had some balding in the middle which is why they sprinkled some hair grafts 

12 hours ago, Egy said:

He is not the first, he will be the last that he will unfortunately realize only after going to a Turkish hair mill.

Many friends who went to turkey turned out good

• Sad 1

21 hours ago, Hayden87 said:

What is the name of the clinic? Are you taking any medication (topical or oral) to stabilise your hair loss?

Was any reason given for the random sprinkling of grafts over your scalp, behind the main recipient area?

Clinic express and planning on taking finestiride

10 minutes ago, Rafyht said:

Clinic express and planning on taking finestiride

I can't find a Clinic Express, but I can find a Clinicexpert, is that it? The clinic appears to have two HT surgeons, Dr. Mesut Tomo and Dr. Hüseyin Kaya.

29 minutes ago, Egy said:

Except 2/3 clinics in Turkey, there you go to play Russian roulette, your friends got lucky and won. 

Can’t this be said with anyone really? And I know now hair time are one of the top

1 hour ago, Hayden87 said:

I can't find a Clinic Express, but I can find a Clinicexpert, is that it? The clinic appears to have two HT surgeons, Dr. Mesut Tomo and Dr. Hüseyin Kaya.

Yes sorry them Clinicexpert 

On 1/29/2022 at 4:35 AM, Rafyht said:

I just did a hair transplant. 2600 grafts used. I’m 25 and balding. I’m sad because I checked the reviews of that clinic and it’s mixed opinions. I spent 2000 Canadian in turkey. Here’s an images 

Hopefully you picked one of the better clinics in Turkey and not a hair mill.  Let's see how this plays out.  If the transplant doesn't meet your expectations a year from now the cost was not $2,000, it was the 2,600 grafts that would be wasted.  Donor is finite, money is not.

16 minutes ago, AB2000 said:

Hopefully you picked one of the better clinics in Turkey and not a hair mill.  Let's see how this plays out.  If the transplant doesn't meet your expectations a year from now the cost was not $2,000, it was the 2,600 grafts that would be wasted.  Donor is finite, money is not.

Eh I still got a lot of donor area left but I agree however. 

5 minutes ago, Rafyht said:

Eh I still got a lot of donor area left but I agree however. 

2 hours ago, Rafyht said:

Many friends who went to turkey turned out good

Never assume you have a lot of donor area left without a proper evaluation by a reputable clinic. Your transplant wasn't implanted in a typically methodical way just by the graft placement. 

Also, "turned out good" isn't quite right if you don't know what to look for to determine a good hair transplant. 

You admitted to not doing your groundwork, it's probably a fair guess to say you rushed into things and the reason why you've reached out for some opinions. 

I'm not trying to be harsh on you. As others have said, what is done, is done. Don't stress, just wait it out. However, your example needs to be used as a learning point for others that might be at a similar point just before they go for a hair transplant. People that might benefit from stopping to try medication for 12 months or so. Then maybe going for a hair transplant if they are determined suitable. 

The largest problem right now in the world for young guys is that we have an explosion of hair mills and cheap prices. The world is promised and fancy marketing used to rope guys in. Unfortunately this all works dubiously well for them and guys don't sometimes end up realising they have a finite donor area over harvested for chasing graft numbers, angulation and directions all messed up on the implantation as well as a huge heap of doubles and triples in the frontal hairline because the hair mills don't use proper magnification to check. 

Your situations not the first and not the last but i genuinely have got my fingers crossed your results turn out well. Nobody on this forum will ever tell any person they want their results to be bad regardless of where they went. We just want to help people avoid having buyers remorse and educate people to do their due diligence. 

• Like 1