Input Requested Regarding The Potential Recommendation of Dr. Felipe Pittella

• Administrators

Guys,

I hear what you guys are saying he does have reviews on Instagram.

For example: https://www.instagram.com/p/CTsRiANJqxz/?utm_medium=copy_link

I think what you guys have to understand is when we scout for the best surgeons in the world, they may not be known in the forum world. The patients up to this point have all been Brazilian, so English is a difficulty. 

In my opinion, we clearly have a surgeon that is one of the most talented surgeons I’ve seen. He has enough quality video and comb through to see his results are legitimate. While I agree, patient reviews are always desired. There’s enough evidence in my opinion, to show he’s more than talented and qualified to be recommended.

That said, I have asked some of his patients to share their experiences here. I have also asked them to join the discussion. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

I hear what everyone is saying. From the few examples we have seen, I think most would agree that Dr. Pittella's work is amongst the best, especially in difficult, near impossible cases such as the NW7- poor donor example he posted, which IMHO rivals some of the near impossible cases I have seen from Eugenix.

He was also trained by respectable surgeons such as Pitchon and Trivellini and is an MD in plastic surgery and he performs pretty much all the steps in surgery, so not a hair mill by any means. He has comb through videos, which to me are way more reliable than photos (I think, unless they can be doctored too).

BUT...I too am concerned that we have only seen a small body of work and little to no patient posted results.

That said, I would probably opt to have more patient posted work before recommending.

• Like 1

I think there has to be a stream of positive feedback from real patients for some time before a recommendation to the recommended list should be approved. Just my view. I think I would start to doubt the integrity of the recommended list otherwise. 

• Administrators

Dear Community,

I hear you guys loud and clear. We have been letting Dr. Pittella post for months now, I thought he had enough body of work to be approved. In my opinion, his quality, skill is without a question some of the best we’ve seen. But I will wait to have some patients come and share their reviews before opening it back up. 

• Like 1

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

View my thread

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

• Administrators

Dear Community,

It has been more than six months since we initially put Dr. Felipe Pittella up for recommendation. In that time, many of his patients have joined the forum and posted their impressive results. I'm now re-opening this thread to get the communities input. 

Check out Dr. Pittella's recent result

View my thread

I would consider Dr Pitella in my top 3 list of surgeons based on his results with difficult cases and his stance on prescribing finasteride. When i joined this forum a few months ago, his patients' results blew me away. He was the first surgeon that gave me hope as a NW6/7. His status on the forum should be changed to "certified norwood slayer" lol. He has my vote.

• Like 2

• Administrators
3 minutes ago, lunch_owl said:

I would consider Dr Pitella in my top 3 list of surgeons based on his results with difficult cases and his stance on prescribing finasteride. When i joined this forum a few months ago, his patients' results blew me away. He was the first surgeon that gave me hope as a NW6/7. His status on the forum should be changed to "certified norwood slayer" lol. He has my vote.

I genuinely laughed at Norwood Slayer maybe he'll change his name to that 😆 

• Haha 1

View my thread

In all seriousness, I have been impressed with Dr. Pittella's work with high Norwood cases. There have been more cases presented on here to showcase his talents. It's great that he is getting more attention and I hope that we see more members here consider him as their surgeon of choice.

Edited by kirkland
  • Like 2

• Administrators

Dear Community,

Given the amount of time we have admired Dr. Pittella's work, and the number of patients that have come and posted their genuine reviews and shown their impressive results. Please join me in congratulating our newest member @Dr. Felipe Pittella feel free to check out his physician profile and submit some consultations. 

https://hairtransplantnetwork.com/dr-felipe-pittella 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

View my thread

55 minutes ago, RTC said:

I think he does great work, but it would be very useful to ask prospective doctors some tough questions like how they treat patients who don't get a good result, what safeguards are in place etc.

But on the balance of what I have seen, definitely should be in

+1

i like the cases of Dr.Pitella, it would be interesting if we can do a Q&A with all doctors before or right after they start being recommended by the forum in order to gather most of the info as possible.

Edited by JoselitoElGallo
  • Like 1

• Valued Contributor
18 minutes ago, JoselitoElGallo said:

+1

i like the cases of Dr.Pitella, it would be interesting if we can do a Q&A with all doctors before or right after they start being recommended by the forum in order to gather most of the info as possible.

I think it's definitely worth watching the interview that Melvin did with Dr Pitella. 👌

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Gatsby said:

I think it's definitely worth watching the interview that Melvin did with Dr Pitella. 👌

For sure should be great, but both things would be even better, in case that there are some questions that Melvin could have forgotten or didn’t think about!

• Like 1

• Administrators
6 hours ago, RTC said:

I think he does great work, but it would be very useful to ask prospective doctors some tough questions like how they treat patients who don't get a good result, what safeguards are in place etc.

But on the balance of what I have seen, definitely should be in

I actually asked him this question in my interview.

Check it out 43:28

View my thread

• Administrators
5 hours ago, JoselitoElGallo said:

+1

I can definitely do another podcast with Dr. Pittella. I’m sure he’ll be up for it. 

View my thread