3,528 Grafts Dr. Bruno Ferreira Jan 11 & 12

JoeMan

15 minutes ago, JoeMan said:

The instructions aren't clear on how often I can use the Aloe. Can I apply it a few times a day? I'm assuming that would be best to keep it less irritated. 

I would suggest not touching the recipient area too often for the risk of infection when you are only days out from your surgery. 

You can see this, he got a paper when to apply aloe vera, looks like its not supposed to be applied at all until first proper wash?

Edited by digi23

4 hours ago, digi23 said:
4 hours ago, JoeMan said:

The instructions aren't clear on how often I can use the Aloe. Can I apply it a few times a day? I'm assuming that would be best to keep it less irritated. 

I would suggest not touching the recipient area too often for the risk of infection when you are only days out from your surgery. 

You can see this, he got a paper when to apply aloe vera, looks like its not supposed to be applied at all until first proper wash?

I'm 4 days post op which is when I'm supposed to wash and apply Aloe but the way it's written, it doesn't say how often. I've reached out to the clinic and I'm sure tomorrow I will get a response. 

I can't see why more wouldn't be better as long as you're carrying applying and basically tapping it on. 

12 minutes ago, JoeMan said:

I'm 4 days post op which is when I'm supposed to wash and apply Aloe but the way it's written, it doesn't say how often. I've reached out to the clinic and I'm sure tomorrow I will get a response. 

I can't see why more wouldn't be better as long as you're carrying applying and basically tapping it on. 

It is used more for a soothing effect, usually in the donor area because of itching. I had a incredible amount of itching in my donor area from day 5 to say day 21, I did not recieve any aloe vera so I bought it myself and applied it only in the donor area when I had a hard time sleeping. 

Your body will heal the wounds by itself, does not need any cream or aloe vera, I think its more that Dr Ferreira gives you that because he knows that you will have some itching. 

Good tip, put the aloe vera in the fridge for a even better itch-killer. :D

• Thanks 1

Day 6 Post Op: Met with the Dr. Ferreira today

Met with Dr. Ferreira and his assistant today for a head wash. He was kind enough to stop performing surgery on his other patient to look at my hair. Obviously I didn't request or require him to look at it, but it showed me that he truly cares for his patients. He cared enough to remove his surgical gear and step away for 5 minutes to discuss my case and ask me if I was happy with the design. 

They both told me that it looks really good and they think I've taken good care of it. Here are some pictures after the 2nd wash today, performed by me. I think Aloe was applied in a few of the pictures. 

20220118_170910.jpg

20220118_170919.jpg

20220118_170929.jpg

20220118_171507.jpg

20220118_170939.jpg

20220118_171539.jpg

20220118_171719.jpg

On 1/16/2022 at 5:55 PM, JoeMan said:

I was applying it once or twice a day, it helped a lot cooling skin and making crusts soft since once dried scrabs can feel annoying. It was mandatory thing i did before going to bed.

Also nice thick layer of aloe vera i think of as an extra protection from external sources of bacteria or such. I was appling it daily for two months and still do occasiaonally.

• Thanks 1

Day 12 Post Op Update:

Not much to report, other than a few scabs that seem really deep. I've tried working on them a little bit more in the shower. Seems like each time I get a few less. Last night I think I saw my 1st hair shed. I'm really going to miss this look because it's grown on me lol. The redness has subsided enough to go in public and I bet most people don't notice. The camera I think makes it look worse. 

I do worry sometimes about the lack of density on my right temple (last picture). This temple had the most hair loss so it received a few more grafts but I still see a bald spot, and to me it might make it more noticeable that ive had work done in the area. I'm sure grown in, it shouldn't be noticeable though.

20220124_145819.jpg

20220124_145758.jpg

20220124_145623.jpg

20220124_145613.jpg

20220124_145603.jpg

20220124_150432.jpg

• Like 1

On 1/16/2022 at 7:23 AM, digi23 said:

Dr Ferreira is in my opinion the best Dr in the world at the moment.

He is certainly up there. Well done temple points and strong yields. Relatively few patient submitted cases with 1 year outcomes but they're showing up.

OP, what did the clinic tell you about the aloe?

On 1/13/2022 at 9:45 AM, JoeMan said:

Sorry if pictures are not the best. Does anyone have information on easiest way to take pictures of the back?

The best approach I've found is, if you don't have someone else to do it for you, try using a high resolution camera and video the back of your head. The images will probably be lower resolution and give a slight illusion of fullness as compared to standard pictures.

There is also a timer function on your iphone camera that can work but will take some practice to know how to center your head right.

Incredible result. Please keep us updated.

On 1/24/2022 at 10:07 PM, JoeMan said:

Day 12 Post Op Update:

Not much to report, other than a few scabs that seem really deep. I've tried working on them a little bit more in the shower. Seems like each time I get a few less. Last night I think I saw my 1st hair shed. I'm really going to miss this look because it's grown on me lol. The redness has subsided enough to go in public and I bet most people don't notice. The camera I think makes it look worse. 

I do worry sometimes about the lack of density on my right temple (last picture). This temple had the most hair loss so it received a few more grafts but I still see a bald spot, and to me it might make it more noticeable that ive had work done in the area. I'm sure grown in, it shouldn't be noticeable though.

20220124_145819.jpg

20220124_145758.jpg

20220124_145623.jpg

20220124_145613.jpg

20220124_145603.jpg

20220124_150432.jpg

Those temple points though, SICK detail.

• Thanks 1

20 Days Post Op. 1 day shy of 3 weeks

Just wanted to provide an update as it's been almost 3 weeks. Very few hairs have shed but I'm seeing 4-5 each time I shower so I know the ugly phase is coming. Donor area is almost completely healed. Maybe 1 or 2 spots I can feel but not much. My barber looked at it last week and was shining light on the Donor. He couldn't believe that I had a bunch of holes in my head. He could only see a few small red spots but he was inspecting it. The red spot on the bottom of my neck is a birth mark that I apparently didn't realize I had until I shaved my head.

Overall I think it's looking decent. Redness looks worse as day goes on but I don't think it's too noticeable. I'll likely wear a hat starting soon anyway. 

Note: picture of the back is with/without flash.

20220201_205521.jpg

20220201_205531.jpg

20220201_205540.jpg

20220201_205555.jpg

20220201_205738.jpg

20220201_205822.jpg

20220201_205933.jpg

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, JoeMan said:

20 Days Post Op. 1 day shy of 3 weeks

Just wanted to provide an update as it's been almost 3 weeks. Very few hairs have shed but I'm seeing 4-5 each time I shower so I know the ugly phase is coming. Donor area is almost completely healed. Maybe 1 or 2 spots I can feel but not much. My barber looked at it last week and was shining light on the Donor. He couldn't believe that I had a bunch of holes in my head. He could only see a few small red spots but he was inspecting it. The red spot on the bottom of my neck is a birth mark that I apparently didn't realize I had until I shaved my head.

Overall I think it's looking decent. Redness looks worse as day goes on but I don't think it's too noticeable. I'll likely wear a hat starting soon anyway. 

Note: picture of the back is with/without flash.

20220201_205521.jpg

20220201_205531.jpg

20220201_205540.jpg

20220201_205555.jpg

20220201_205738.jpg

20220201_205822.jpg

20220201_205933.jpg

If i remeber right i also shedded the most from week 3 up to week 5.

I also noticed some hairs shed long after, evwn they grew normally at first. From my case hairs/areas that shedded first also start to regrow first at 2months post op/a bit over month after they shed so i expect rest of the hairs will follow that pattern.

• Like 1

I keep praying that I'll be the lucky one to not shed but unfortunately I don't think that's going to be the case. I've tried my best to be as gentle as possible with them which I'm sure doesn't really matter. 

5 minutes ago, JoeMan said:

I keep praying that I'll be the lucky one to not shed but unfortunately I don't think that's going to be the case. I've tried my best to be as gentle as possible with them which I'm sure doesn't really matter. 

I also hoped that i won't shed much but i did, even some existing/preop hairs shedded in recipient area due to shock loss....but now at 3 months mark everything look way better than before surgery, from month 2 things started to improve nicely and keep getting better daily.....i applied hair fibers twice and it looked great, game changer already.

I know you thoughts and feelings right now, hoping some hairs will stay in decent number as well time passing by slowly but that is only for first month or two, later you stop thinking of it, time goes faster once first hair sprouting starts.

• Thanks 1

On 1/14/2022 at 1:34 AM, JoeMan said:

Yes, I agree. Obviously what he's doing is working. I'm not sure he wants to build up to multiple patients a day but I didn't ask. I did see the case you referenced. I guess what I meant was that if you look at Dr. De Freitas, his portfolio and write ups are very detailed. Many many posted cases.

Obviously I chose Dr. Ferreira in the end, and as I've stated I'm really glad that I did. I just think he can do better than 3 posted cases on his website. I know several people on this forum currently posting progress from him so I think in 6 months time, he will have quite a few patient reviews to help others decide. 

I heard De Freitas waiting list was huge?? What price point is he?? 

3 minutes ago, Sitries1 said:

I heard De Freitas waiting list was huge?? What price point is he?? 

I think most of the top Dr's have a 6 month to a year waiting list. I believe Dr. De Freitas is €3.50 for 1st 1000 grafts then €2.50 after. I'm not positive about it though because the quote I received only had a total price. 

But I had surgery with Dr. Ferreira so if you're asking about him, he is €3 until 4000 grafts. I believe €2.5 after

Edited by JoeMan

4 weeks post op:

Not much to report i guess. Hairs have definitely been shedding this past week but it seems to be slowing down the last 2 days. I think I've kept maybe 30-40% so far but it's hard to tell. Certainly I have way more hair than prior to surgery. Maybe I'll luck out and the shedding will hault soon so I can get on with this phase and keep some hair. I also haven't washed too aggressively so this might be helping, who knows? 

Donor area seems like it's been healed for a while. The other day I thought I felt a bump but couldn't find it again. 

Most of my itching is in my crown area for some reason but it's not bad. Redness doesn't look as bad in person but it's definitely still somewhat red. The more hair I lose, the more noticeable redness is obviously.

Let me know what you think about it and feel free to ask me any questions. 

20220209_215058.jpg

20220209_215128.jpg

20220209_215216.jpg

20220209_215250.jpg

20220209_215324.jpg

20220209_220131.jpg

20220209_220203.jpg

1 hour ago, LondonRamen said:

Good stuff! To touch on the topic about his marketing, he does actually have a lot more results on his instagram. I just realised my 10 month photos I gave to him a few months back ended up on there.

Some of those IG results are 'WOW'

Hopefully,  @JoeMan you'll be up on the IG hall of fame👍

1 hour ago, LondonRamen said:

Good stuff! To touch on the topic about his marketing, he does actually have a lot more results on his instagram. I just realised my 10 month photos I gave to him a few months back ended up on there.

Yeah I have noticed some on Instagram but I guess I was looking for better before/After pictures and maybe more information. I just don't think he really needs to bother much with advertising. Waiting on results obviously but I'm really glad I chose him at this point. 

38 minutes ago, Inch6 said:

Wow the donor looks untouched 

I have to say that I am really impressed with how quickly my donor healed. My barber could hardly tell shining a flashlight in my hair. One day I'll do a close shave to see how noticeable the holes are.

6 weeks post op:

I wanted to give an update as it's now been 6 weeks. Week 4-5, I've shed a bunch. The last 7 days or so it has slowed considerably. Maybe 1-2 hairs when washing now. I can see now that some hair has stayed and continued to grow. I believe I can also see some small hairs popping through but maybe it'd my imagination 🤔 

Not much itching yet. Had my 1 pimple the other day which kinda felt good since I figured it's a hair trying to make its way into my life!

Redness is definitely subsiding. Seems like as the day goes on it gets somewhat red but fades overnight. I no longer apply Aloe.

Donor area looks/feels perfect so not much to say on it.

Posting a bunch of pictures since I'm terrible at taking them. Feel free to comment and tell me that I'm crazy for seeing small hairs at 6 weeks. 

Keep in mind that almost my entire front 1/3 was bald.

20220220_140305.jpg

20220220_140432.jpg

20220222_080731.jpg

20220222_080853.jpg

20220222_080922.jpg

20220222_080955.jpg

20220222_081018.jpg

20220222_081104.jpg

20220222_081147.jpg

20220222_081233.jpg

Edited by JoeMan
  • Like 1